Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kcoffeecan
Msg: 10
Why is sex a problem ?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I believe that "sex" (male perspective) or "making love" (female perspective) is a form of communication between a man and a woman. Our bodies were made to "fit" together, so why is there a problem?

Because we are loosing the ability communicate on a very basic level and our intimate relations are taking the brunt of the attack.

We (not me, personally) would prefer to talk on the phone, email or text message instead of actually talking face to face.
 kcoffeecan
Msg: 11
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 12/2/2006 4:45:43 PM
I know that this sounds "chauvanistic" but woman are the "emotional" center of our society. They provide warmth, caring, compassion, understanding..... in a word ..."LOVE". Wait a minute........ What are we missing in our lives?????? Hmmmmmmm.

Remember the "National Geographic" study on survival:

A baby chimp dies when left alone. It survives when it loved and cared about.

Woman have been drawn into man's frost covered, icy "logical" world and have been encouraged to forget who they are. This is causing a pattern of lost communication which is not passed on to our children.

Men and woman contribute different "essential" things to our lives for a reason. That means they also contribute different "essential" things to our society.

Stop doing this:

and start doing this:

Yes, I enjoy sex and making love. I am also single and looking for that warm, caring compassionate woman to make my house..... a home!!!!!!

G.G.
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 12/2/2006 6:42:42 PM
I think sex is a problem at least for some girls because the stigma is a girl is a hoe if she gives it away so we carry that with us into bed. Society has made it something that feels so dirty and shameful for us and then on the other hand the media is promoting that everyone is doing now and you should too. We cant really win. Just for a little side note did you know that in my psych class I learned that its common for women to fantasize about being raped because it takes to stigma off of it if we're not consenting.
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:14:00 PM
Sex is only a problem when one person wants it and the other one does'nt
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:34:04 PM
Yeah, that was my problem. It was either sex or Dobie Gillis re-runs on TV Land. When I started calling my wife Zelda, I knew I had a problem.
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 1/10/2007 10:53:37 PM
My problem with sex is that I'm not getting any and it's making me CRAZY! Wow did I actually just post that in a forum for the whole world to see?

Its very cathartic and therapeutic to just let it out....I'm not getting any and I want it DAMMIT!

OMG... you read my mind!!!

Wow! You mean that you can't get the NFL Network on your local cable system either!

Boy, if all us "not getting any" people could get together, just think what could happen

...And to think we are all here....awake.....not sleeping together
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 1/11/2007 9:56:14 PM

Sometimes, you just gotta get laid, preferably by a younger man who is also in his prime

I'll have you know that some of us older guys are still in our prime!

Maybe a bit well done but.......
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 1/11/2007 10:15:40 PM

Maybe not, but if I remember correctly, the learning process was a blast

I'm a big believer in life-long learning, myself. I'm never to old to learn
 Wreckless1
Msg: 40
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 5/22/2007 11:47:41 AM
Actually it is as simple as choices: A Stranger, or Lotion, or Battery Toy, or communicating with many to find your Love!!! .....or Celibacy.
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 5/22/2007 10:28:37 PM
Is'nt Prince too young to have a tribute act already?
 RANDYS72
Msg: 46
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 5/23/2007 2:56:26 PM
It's a problem for me because I'm not getting it.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 47
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 5/23/2007 8:50:38 PM
Sounds to me, like some guys have forgot about Rosey!!
 tinamann311
Msg: 57
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/4/2007 11:22:55 PM
Sex is just that. Sex. If you're looking to score or don't care, or you find yourself on a path of "self-destruction/low self-esteem" maybe that's what you go for. That's up to you and your decision.

However, when it comes to starting a relationship, letting things flow, taking time to get to know each other and when you know that it's right, etc, making love is just that - being intimate with someone (and you should both be on the same level).

No one should ever feel pressured into having "sex/making love" (or whatever term is used these days), no matter how much you like/think you like the other person (male or female).

Always remember to go with your heart - not your head. If it doesn't feel right or you feel pressured, walk away. It's a Red Flag. Period.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 60
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/5/2007 7:06:30 PM
Because some, (is it men or is it women) think it is love. Guys use it to make a conquest, a means to a release, a route of control, an act of devotion, a moment of excitement, mental stimulation, or a drug of addiction.

While women use it as a connection to their love interest, a path of manipulation, a degree of vainess, a stress reliever, a moment of passionial desire, a fantasy come true, a trist of pleasure without a witness, or wedding fulfillment vows. (don't quote me, I could be wrong) . But only women know how many ways the act is used, to satisfy ones emotional need. Amazingly, some are able to be celibate.

Is is just used in so many various ways, most of it is lost in it's original purpose, to procreate humans to please our Lord. When you find true Love, and mix in flesh filled desire, that we are born with, is when it is at it's most precious level of satisfaction.

Some think Kama Sutra is the greatest level imaginable. But without love, it also is lost in it's true form, of fleeting pleasure. With honest Love, it returns again and again, within the heart of each partner, that finds lasting happiness, as each minute, hour, day, week, month, and year passes.

ANd we will go on, wishin we could attain such levels of this most precious gift, yet with our picky desires, much more than when our folks were dating, we find that we only have sex to fall back on, and hope that it is not alone once again.
 Pete73052
Msg: 71
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/6/2007 4:43:12 PM
If you want me to, I'll start spreading the word that you put out...
 Pete73052
Msg: 74
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/6/2007 4:57:35 PM

Pete, You said you wouldn't tell!! I just lost all respect for you. Kiss and tell, tsk tsk!

Don't you know that all men lie?
 Pete73052
Msg: 78
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/6/2007 7:38:41 PM
No, no, no... It's a paradox...

She can't believe that "all men lie" because I'm a man and I'm telling her... Therefore I could be lying... (I know I don't have to explain what a paradox is here - right?)
 Wreckless1
Msg: 79
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/10/2007 1:31:18 AM
...it's not a problem if someone is drunk.
 Wreckless1
Msg: 81
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/10/2007 1:45:48 AM
ah huh.... especially when you do not remember who , what, or when.

Finding the who, and when is the trickest part, when you are lookin for a LTR.
then it is hopin and prayin that you can locate the one, who is close by, and meets 1/2 of your needs, and maybe you can compromise on the rest. But then something else is gonna come along and screw it all up, if someone's heart is not in it..
 Wreckless1
Msg: 83
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/10/2007 2:23:49 AM
....really it is because you cannot get it the way you want it!!!
 Paddy O Furniture
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Why is sex a problem ?
Posted: 6/10/2007 2:34:22 AM
Even after that it's still a problem, cause once you finally get some, you usually want more.
Show ALL Forums  > California  >