Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 King_of_Nuthin
Msg: 201
Why dont women go for guys in Wheelchairs?Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
I didn't read all of this thread, but there was a girls profile on here a few months back and I wanted to send her a message really bad. She was beautiful and from reading her profile we had a lot in common.
I didn't message her because she was in a wheelchair. I had 3 main reasons/concerns that kept me from sending her a message (she probably wouldn't have replied anyway)
Not in order...
Sex is very important to me in a relationship and I wasn't sure about sexual things with a girl in a wheelchair. just like the girl above asking if the guy could get it up.

I like to do outdoors stuff, a lot of it is not handicapped friendly. However I've seen a guy in a wheel chair and also a blind guy rock climbing so I know that anything is possible.

I would feel awkward which wouldn't have been fair to her. I know I would say something like "lets take a walk" and then I would feel like an a hole for saying walk. Even though I doubt it would bother someone in a wheelchair to hear that.

There's also the fact that I have a protector and caring personality. I had a friend who was handicapped and he hated when people would help him do stuff. If I went on a date with a girl in a wheelchair I would treat them the same as I do with any girl. Opening doors and stuff like that, but I would be afraid that she would feel like she was being treated like she couldn't do stuff.

With all that said...
If she ever joins pof again I'm going to send her a message.
 tallshyman
Msg: 202
view profile
History
Why dont women go for guys in Wheelchairs?
Posted: 8/1/2013 11:08:12 AM
I stay away from anyone in Wheelchair because they like to file lawsuits and I want to keep my money.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >