Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DocElffington
Msg: 118
view profile
History
Why dont women go for guys in Wheelchairs?Page 2 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
On a serious note...........

The sense I get from women is.............

Feeling sorry for yourself is more crippling, relationship-wise

Than any wheelchair ever could!
 Vannili
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Why dont women go for guys in Wheelchairs?
Posted: 10/23/2009 7:28:50 PM
I met few people their partner on a wheel chair 3 young men with pretty girls on dancing places and an older woman in a wheel chair with a man...
Yes I will marry a man in a Wheel chair....
I was invited at a Pilipino birthday party, I met the Uncle of a co worker who is married to a caucasian ,we Asian thinks that a white woman is beautiful. lol. And the man is wheelchair bound his arms/hands are like a child hand , due to a car accident , and the lady was his caregiver ,he finance her schooling to be a teacher and married her. The mother of the man said to me that she prayed that someone will marry her son and take care of him because she was already old,she can not take care of him, but really, she want someone to love her son...... And his wife was so loving to him, very attentive to all his needs....... I don't see him as a helpless person though he was in a wheelchair ,his arms are withered, what I see is a very intelligent and kind man, and I feel good while I was talking to him... So nothing is impossible, in praying--- Ask and you shall recieve, and give something back... Have you read some book of Louise Hay ?
 roseyn
Msg: 122
Posted: 10/23/2009 8:01:46 PM
They're selfish and self centered thinking "what can he do for me" and probably conclude a man in a wheel chair can't do as much for them as someone without one.

Don't give up.
 BlueEyes1712
Msg: 124
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2009 8:45:58 PM
When I was using a cane due to feet problem and had a limp. Infection on foot due to diabetes. I felt like a handicaped person by the way people reacted, slowed down, held doors open and walked around me. I felt like I had the pleague. I would think it would be hard for someone to adjust thier life to meet my pace. But if they truely were I imagine I would of found someone really worthwhile. I suggest you dont be concerned about all those that seem to reject you but that needle in the haystack. The fact is people are lucky to find one or two people in a lifetime who are truely wonderful. I see your point, less of a pool to date due to prejudices. Its similar to exclusions due to preferences, your just working with an extra one, not fair but a reality of life.
 Strings6
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 7:25:08 AM
Op...isn't intersting how 90% of women are not interested and yet this thread has them coming out of the woodwork in self rightous indignation pointing fingers and hurling insults at the 90%....i'm sure you know by now how to tell when people are blowing smoke...i'm sure you will find a woman who will accept you....just don't give up.
 Vannili
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2009 11:56:02 AM
msg:163 Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts it touches me.

A warm embrace.. Vannili
 farscapeprincess
Msg: 135
Posted: 10/24/2009 6:34:59 PM
No, not all women are afraid of, or won't date a man in a wheelchair. I have friend who was married to a man who was in wheelchair when she met him. They had a good relationship and built up a thriving business together, but then he turned to drugs and became verbally abusive to her so she got out. But what I'm trying to say is there are women who look past the wheelchair and see the person like she did.
 barbee1970
Msg: 137
Posted: 10/24/2009 9:03:54 PM
Maybe a woman who's like a nurse or CNA would be a better choice.

As people get older it does become alot more work to care for someone in a wheelchair. One lady I work with has a husband in a wheelchair who seem to take a turn for the worst. He is quite large. I don't know how she does it, it's hard, but I guess she manages every day.
 jeff173
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2009 12:34:42 AM
Silence the crickets! LOL

Yes I dated a woman in a chair for 4 years and it was good except for when we were arguing which was really bad. Were still close. She's a full t 12 paraplgic (belly buuton down) but is pretty self sufficient. She of course does need help with some things and as a man I enjoyed/ enjoy helping her. I mean we as men are supposed to be strong and be there for those we love. I thouroughly enjoy that part of our relationship.

When it comes to sex it was the best! She has been forced to learn things that AB women take for granted and sex was very very good. You guys dating average girls should be envious.

If any of you ladies roll and live around Denver stop in to my profile and say hi.
Jeff
 valenciacityx
Msg: 141
Posted: 7/7/2011 5:44:45 PM
because they like to wear heels and dont feel protected ?
(look over in the short mans threads - hell they will walk you by if you are under whatever the 'magical' height number is for them - usually about 6-0)
find the one that is able to see past it, I bet you have better luck at in real life than here. Good luck
 Vannili
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 7/7/2011 8:22:11 PM
I can't lift him up to sit in the toilet to poo,he is too heavy for me. but I can hold his--------------while peeing...
 NOFXPUNKER42
Msg: 143
Posted: 7/22/2011 7:39:31 PM
i know the feelin man i am in a wheelchair too i have cerebral palsy but i get girlfriends they are just liars and cheaters... just focus on other shit in your life **** what anyone else says... you will find someone that isnt a moneygrabbin ho one of these days, and hopefully so will i...

Erik
 Easygoin68a
Msg: 147
Posted: 7/23/2011 9:35:07 AM
wheels - killer xmen reference...

Hang in there man...

My friend was paralyzed (t6 area) from a motorcycle accident about 5 years ago. his girlfriend at the time bailed on him. But one day - while he was grabbing some groceries at the local store, he struck up a conversation with this one lady, and have been together ever since. his gf is amazingly attractive, professionally employed, ,kind, and a solid friend.

he tells me all the time, and i agree - women of substance are attracted to men with confidence, a good sense of humor, and common values..

the chicks that arent giving you the time of day are doing you a favor.

cheers
 DrummingNut
Msg: 149
Posted: 7/23/2011 5:52:23 PM
An answer was given:
I can't lift him up to sit in the toilet to poo,he is too heavy for me. but I can hold his--------------while peeing

Maybe you thought you were being funny or whatever,
but a comment like that is just plain rude!
MANY people in wheelchairs can deal with their own toileting.. and 1,000 other daily things in life, but the assumption is often "they'll need help with everything".
I'm in a wheelchair and I live totally on my own and do all there is to do on my own.
I drive, I cook, I clean, I do everything.. by myself.. and yes, that includes toileting for goodness sake.
 hazy_girl
Msg: 151
Posted: 7/24/2011 3:31:04 PM
I cant speak for all woman..but from my personal experiences alone.I dated a guy for 2 years that was that in a wheelchair.I went off of his attitude and outlook on life..needless to say he was my first heartbreak.We have a great relationship to this day.(on a friend level)I recently ended up with a guy..quite older than myself.He was also in a wheel chair but wasnt limited to things as my ex was.Ive heard lots of jokes like I have a "fetish"for that lol.Truth is..I dont care about things like that.If you are confident in yourself and have a positive outlook on life..no matter what your situation is I look for personality first.I cant judge anyone.
 home_osorio
Msg: 152
Posted: 7/24/2011 3:37:57 PM
the only reason is that it's because you are in a wheelchair.

hope you find her. God bless.
 AlreadyTakenBootboy
Msg: 153
Posted: 7/24/2011 3:49:43 PM
it is not easy to find a girlfriend.... cause well, I'm completely blind, I've got no vision atall. I have offen read where lots of women would like a guy who has a car, and well I don't have one. I know that not all women are this way, that the guy has to have a car, but lots of women are this way. so I ca understand hwere he is comng from.
 kidsgrown
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 7/25/2011 2:13:34 PM
Ok, here is my honest reply, Women don't want to take care of a person in a wheel chair. You are probably a nice person, I seen a very good looking man in POF, nice muscles and all, then I seen him on a wheel chair, I said to myself, what a handsome man, but his wheel chair is what turned me off. I'm just being real, but I'm sure someone is out there for you. I don't want to take care of someone. I have a 15 year old daughter and I can't wait until she can take care of herself. I've been parenting for 32 years now and I just now want to live my simple life. Don''t get me wrong, I love being a mom, and do a very good job at it. Good luck in your search for the special love you are seeking for.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 155
Posted: 7/26/2011 9:18:44 AM
^^ and yet ANOTHER one who thinks "being in a wheelchair" means we need someone to "take care of" us.

(see my message #190)
 Vannili
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 10:18:51 AM
Maybe you thought you were being funny or whatever,but a comment like that is just plain rude!

I am not trying to be funny that is reality !!!! I worked for a guy in a wheel chair to pay my bills for a while and I hurt my back lifting him, NOT EVERY BOUND IN A WHEEL CHAIR ARE LIKE YOU THAT THEY CAN DRIVE COOK ,CLEAN CAN DO THEIR OWN TOILERIES !!!!! ( do you expect that YOU ARE CLONE to all the people who bound in a wheel chair?????) You know better than than !

I wish you luck to find a man who will love you and be with you... Walk hand in hand strolling the park you sitting in your wheel chair and he is walking besides you. Dancing with him>> turning your wheel chair around an aware hitting some toes/feet of others on the dance floor, Yes a wheel chair rolled on my toes, at one time and the lady who is sitting on the wheel chair doesn't even care , that I yelled.

If I am bound in a wheel chair I will not even think of looking for a date/ a man who will fall for me , I will not burden some one of my predicament that I can't walk or run ,if there is a calamity like a FIRE, ECT.. If he run to save his life ,I will not
have him feel guilty carrying in his conscience that he was not able to save me and I died. I will not drag him to put his life for me either...

I WILL PAY FOR A PERSON TO TAKE CARE OF ME. And not looking for a normal person who can walk and run to love me................. I don't need pitty and I don't need someone to fall for my money too...

It is different STORY like my husband on his last days ,he is on a wheel chair because it tires him to walk even a short distance in our house, I sticked to him because I have a moral obligation to him as his wife...

I wish you happiness with a man who will fall in love with you...

Vannili
It doesn't bother me if you think I am RUDE, I run my life without bothering others...

PS. Msg.#195 : You verbalized your true intentions and actions because that is reality,and I admired your honesty. Talk is cheap, doing it , is hard,old purple lady..
 Vannili
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 12:11:28 PM
I don't think that those people who are in wheel chair are seeking people who are in wheel chair too, but I hope I am wrong...

If I am in a wheel chair ,and there is a man (he walk and run normal) who is enterested with me and he loves ,skiing, mountain climbing,motorcycle, tennis game, walking/running marathon, dancing or just going garage sale ect.ect. ,... It is going to be a RED FLAG WITH ME.... What is HE apt to???? because I can't paricipate on these kind of activities... People in wheel chair have a sedentary life.. enough said.
 DrummingNut
Msg: 158
Posted: 7/26/2011 6:08:51 PM
^^^
No, of course I don't think everyone in a wheelchair is active and able to do everything for themselves like I do. Duh.
BUT NEITHER is everyone in a wheelchair UNable to do things and must depend on others!!

People in wheel chair have a sedentary life.. enough said
Bullsh!t.
Some do, some don't, and some are inbetween.

And ps.
if I ever accidently roll over someones foot I'll say sorry.. same as you would if you stepped on someone's foot, (I would hope). But in 8 years of an active life I've never yet rolled over anyone.
 Vannili
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 9:46:31 PM
^^^^^^

That's is true, you are very realistic... Our legs/body may not be strong enough to walk, but our heart is strong to love and have a romantic feelings.. I know that wheel chair bound people have something to contribute to an SO ,it depends on people ...

PS. msg199 :

, about my experienced ,yes you would say you are sorry if your wheel chair rolled on my toes,"but it was not you," even if it was you, my toes turn blue for a week that I can't wear a shoes and have to take off from work... well that is not important now , that was in the past..

I repeat, I wish you would find a man who will date you and fall in love with you , I bid you happiness....
 Vannili
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 7/26/2011 10:10:57 PM
People in wheel chair have a sedentary life..enough said

I did not see this coming............
Bullsh!t.
Some do,some don't, and some are inbetween.

BULLSH!T to you too, yes I heard about "some don't" and these inbetween" they are active that the wheel chair is just a front so they can collect insurance or welfare,but when no one is looking they can shoot basketball and are good on dribbling a ball.

Vannili
 blindwonder
Msg: 163
Posted: 7/27/2011 6:38:42 AM
Hey I completely understand where you are coming from, the nicknameshould give it away. *g* It's not an easy search. Making friends for me has never been any trouble, however furthering it is. My thoughts are to keep trying here on POF and any other outlets you have. Chin up, be yourself, and hope for the best.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >