Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 atticusfinchy
Msg: 167
Why dont women go for guys in Wheelchairs?Page 3 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Some women take pity in guys in chairs, even stay married to them if they end up in chairs . . but most women don't want to be a caretaker unless the guy has money.
 ChocoMamicita123
Msg: 168
Why dont women go for guys in Wheelchairs?
Posted: 8/13/2012 8:23:10 PM
why dont men go for women in wheelchairs?...next question.
 mingo88
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 8/13/2012 9:07:10 PM
You should date someone else who is in a wheelchair or is disabled. I'm sure you would have more in common with a disabled person. I actually had a guy from this site who wrote me once. He was in a wheelchair and lived in a nursing home. He said he would understand if I wasn't interested and that perhaps we could be friends. I honestly only felt pity for him. Told him I wasn't interested in dating him but would like to be friends. Never heard from him again so whatever. I'm neither a nurse nor a caregiver.
 sportieNOTgurlie
Msg: 170
Posted: 8/14/2012 6:15:13 AM
Wow, the are some pretty closed minded people. Some people just can no see anything past the wheelchair. My question is, is that person who can not see the person for who he or she really is really worth it? The wheelchair is part of who you are!
 meowkatt2012
Msg: 171
Posted: 8/14/2012 3:55:28 PM
I don't know an answer for me. I don't know anyone in a wheelchair & never was contacted by anyone on any sites I've been on. The thing is how do u ask personal.questions? Are u in diapers? Do u use a catheter? Can u get. Erections or do u need a pump or something's. & can u cum? Plus can u do certain positions. Etc. Most. If my questions. Are about sex I noticed. Lol.
 mingo88
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:14:36 PM
Meowkatt, I was wondering too and had some of the same questions especially wondering if he can have sex? If he is paralyzed then I'd think that he probably couldn't.
 Divine_huntress
Msg: 173
Posted: 8/14/2012 4:38:03 PM

People in wheelchairs are not attracted with others in wheelchairs. They are attracted with strong body/legs people to fill their void of strenghts and of course with the bonus of their good looks/ a good financial status and that is a fact..
Only for you I know trees turn brown and orange during fall season, that is a fact, but making a generalization about certain group isn't.

I said in my previous post that I was a caregiver for a while , to pay my bills but it sapped my energy, and I become a person that ( I was a kind ,compassionate person , my parents instilled that on me). I don't like, a cranky negative person. I change my mind on what I said to marry a wheelchair bound man- ( what I felt is PITY NOT LOVE) msg.#154. And the Asian guy who married his American caregiver and financed her college education to become a teacher ,when she graduated she divorced him. I saw him several times in store with different male caregivers, I have tremendous compassion for him and I don't blame his ex, moving on......

Being a care giver does not make you an expert about "Disability Culture/behavior", Care givers are probably the most uneducated people in the subject. Some people in wheelchair do not date other in wheelchairs simply because it is not that easy to find another person in a wheelchair, that they will feel attraction to, most people out and about are AB; just like not all whites date all whites. or all blacks date all blacks, you are dis humanizing a group based on your care giver experience, you were just a tool a worker and was getting paid to do a job that does not make you an expert about human behavior and psychology. I think you are a Bitter Devotee.

There is a guy who married 2 wheelchair bound women who enjoyed doing sex on his SO wheelchair according to him, I wonder why it did not last their union - the two wives become an EX.... Perhaps it is the attitudes , because if we are sedentary , and we can not exert energies from our bodies, we lash out negative energy through our mouth from our toxic mind.. and it is a fact I have experienced that *here*.....

This is probably the most ridiculous assessment I ever heard, negativity does not come from being seated or even having a sedentary life, monks have a sedentary life and they are actually one of the most positive spiritual people in the world. Just because you took care of a few medically ill people, does not make you an expert in the topic, Stop generalizing. Imagine if I say, never get disability information from an Asian they are the most biased people about the subject...

Again I hate topic like this, they are pathetic and it only shows how ignorant people are about a subject who is always treated like the pink elephant in the room...
 Vannili
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2012 11:58:56 PM
^^^^^^ What is your problem????? Mermaid in water oppps in wheel chair.
Monk doesn't live a sedentary life they farm and help people they may live a spartan life devoid of material matters. They work hard to be a highly spiritual and the tool they use their mind.

If I have the largest nose in the world and thunder thighs I would redicule Vannili's feedback too ...
 justlookingvt
Msg: 175
Posted: 8/15/2012 2:53:57 AM

vannilli msg 205

... we lash out negative energy through our mouth from our toxic mind..

vannilli msg 218

^^^^^^ What is your problem????? Mermaid in water oppps in wheel chair.

If I have the largest nose in the world and thunder thighs I would redicule Vannili's feedback too ...

Apparently the lashing out of negative energy through the mouth produced by a toxic mind isn't reserved to those in a wheelchair. Moreover, neither the OP nor Mermaid_on_wheels engaged in that behavior. YOU, on the other hand, certainly did.

Lastly, she did not ridicule you. She refuted your claims.

Note that it is against forum rules to bash other posters. For your convenience here is a short quote of some the things you CANNOT do:

Bashing, Insulting, Slamming other Posters

Report Posters who post Messages that insult, bash and slam other POF Members.
Same goes for Thread or Messages warning others of previous dates or meetings you have had in order to embarrass, slam or humiliate them.

You can slam & bash the Topic or Subject under Discussion all you like, but you cannot insult, bash and slam other Posters.

Vannili
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 6:34:29 AM
This forum is for every one who contributed their feedback we may not like their theory/experienced but negative attack is very uncivil and that is what they get in return...

Forumite how would you feel if it is you whom she was lashing of what she think of your feed back ? We can argue anything under the sun with good reasoning and not to offend others. I was aroused in the not so good part of my emotion to retaliate. It is a fact that she has a large nose and a thunder thigh and that is the truth, if you think that is un insult,,,,,,,,,,,,so be it. her personal opinion that I am a bitter devotee, Asian are bias ect.ect. is an insult too with no base....
If I were bound to a wheel chair I will be work hard for a good reflection of strong personality for people to see and not my week legs..
 Vannili
Msg: 177
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2012 7:28:52 AM

<div class="quote"> Lastly she did not ridicule you .She refuted your claims.
whatever term.......
She can't say that my argument is false or wrong for it derives from a fact.
it goes this saying what you throw to others , it will thrown back at you...
 FishOwl
Msg: 178
Posted: 8/16/2012 1:56:34 AM
Takes a special woman. Good luck.
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 179
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:12:04 AM
I was interested in a lady "in a wheel chair" ,through the grapevine I found out "she thought I was too short"....
Ther are many reasons why...and they have all probably been mentioned...
 Vannili
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2012 8:42:56 AM
miss mama,
I dated a guy/engage 3 yrs, who was in a Wheel chair ,he was a Lawyer that have an accident while he was skiing, his wheel chair is not a hindrance, he was strong,kind intelligent,person, I was not able to marry him because he passed away of colon cancer...so I become a caregiver to people with disability for a reason... Assessing my self I was not inlove with the Lawyer what I felt is pity...

[quote ] Ahh Vannili where do I begin with you lol?! You're opinions and beliefs regarding those that confined to wheel chair are absulutely ignorant ! I would sit here and tell you what I think of youbut your inability to spell or form a sentence that is grammatically correct leads me to believe that you wouldn't understand a word I was saying lololo!!!

in regards to grammatically correct > do you mean "YOUR " possessive pronominal adj OR
YOU ARE (YOU'RE ) opinions and belief, ,,they way you impressed me, and the way I understand I am not a person but words..
I won't do the lololo on this subject that is too common.
You're intitled of what you think of my observations and opinions, it doesn't really bother me whether it is nagative or positive...
missmama, try me ,,,,,,I'll try to understand YOUR and YOU'RE ( YOU ARE ) ... Tell you what? My fat AZZ farts intelligently it will understand your supreme English words, shh this is between you and me.
 quickwheelz91
Msg: 181
Posted: 8/16/2012 5:47:10 PM
i am in a chair, ugh getting soo mad at some comments, men in chairs can have sex but if theyre paralyzed im not really sure but there prob is a way. i am handicapped and everything works great in tht department haha stop underestimating us , we're people with the same needs for love, give us a damn chance will ya
 Love.Notes
Msg: 182
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:12:08 PM
I had to smile a bit when I read this. I messaged a guy in my own town who was in a wheelchair and we got along great in here... typing back and forth. He was always "to busy lol" out with friends and yes he drove as well He was far from limited and very sexy looking as well. We didn't click because it was never a good night with my work and his work to meet up. But I think it depends on the woman, and yes there will be some that say no way I'm not doing it for whatever reason. Then there will be those that have no issues or hangups with it and see you for the fun they can have ...with you!

Every man on POF wheel chair or not says the same thing. Women don't often answer them back. You're not the only one in here (according to some men) that have problems with women "responding". Doesn't mean they are not out there! They are and some day you will find her or maybe she will find you.

You have a very good attitude and your positive about things and that's what women will cherish more.

Best of luck my dear.
 Maleman999
Msg: 183
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:30:22 PM
The problems guys in wheelchairs would have dating is a girl will look at the wheelchair and say :"Your chair is bland and plain looking, and looks like all of the other wheelchairs. We need to spruce it up a bit". Because you want to impress her, you would say: "Go for it. Knock you socks off." She will then proceed to paint flowers on one part of the chair and paint a forest scene with Bambi on another part, and put streamers in the handles. You will then look very gay in the chair.
 coderedjulia1
Msg: 184
Posted: 8/16/2012 7:52:27 PM
Can you get it up?
 quickwheelz91
Msg: 185
Posted: 8/17/2012 7:21:53 AM
not sure if you are talking to me but hell ya i can. haha..basically all guys in chairs that are not paralyzed most likely can
 foxxysc
Msg: 186
Posted: 9/18/2012 1:58:58 AM
Unfortunately I know what you're talking about. My former fiance was born with a disability and was in a chair. I met him online and actually didn't notice he was disabled in his pictures. I thought he was crazy when he told me people treat disabled people like they're asexual. But then I started noticing the stares when we went out, how customer service people would only talk to me about transactions he was obviously in charge of, how people would assume that since his legs were missing his brain must be too, etc. And God the rude questions I would get from people!! I would never dream of walking up to someone and asking about the mechanics of their sex-life, but somehow they acted like mine should be public knowledge. Most of the people who considered him to be a sexual being (besides myself) turned out to be voyeurs or fetishists. Sadly this wonderful young man and I could not work things out, but it had nothing to do with the chair or his disabilty. I'm no fetishist, but I would be with another disabled person no problem.
 Dolphina
Msg: 187
Posted: 9/18/2012 2:40:23 AM
I'd love to know how many men would be interested in a woman in a wheelchair. Just saying...
 Maleman999
Msg: 188
Posted: 9/18/2012 1:50:23 PM
If a woman is getting 10 e-mails a day from guys on a dating site, and all of the other guys don't have disabilities, who do you think she is going to respond to? Do you have anything going for you that no other guy has that will impress women over an able bodied guy? If the situation was reversed, would you do the same thing?
 Phil_an_derer
Msg: 189
Posted: 9/18/2012 3:29:36 PM
Women like to wear heels......
 bikercouple5155
Msg: 190
Posted: 10/17/2012 8:52:18 AM
Im usually a very open minded person but Im also a very active individual. When I chose to be with someone they have to be able to keep up me and all the activities I do and share. I prefer to date someone that I can spend time with while getting out and doing things. I ride a Harley motorcycle, scuba dive, ski and so on and it would defeat the purpose of being in a relationship if I can't share my passions with someone else. Im sure your a nice guy and probably attractive, good luck with your search, hopefully the right woman will come along for you.

Tobie
 cdogmx
Msg: 191
Posted: 11/17/2012 9:57:17 AM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread. I'm in a chair, and yes I have noticed that online is very difficult to meet women when in a chair.

On another note, I can tell you that you will have much better luck meeting someone in person. I've meet and dated some amazing, beautiful, successful women since I broke my neck in 06. If you have a good personality, conversational skills, a good heart and you're genuine you will meet someone.

There are good reasons for women to be "afraid" of dating a guy in a chair, or a guy dating a woman in a chair. I think right away people assume you need to be taken care of. Which in a lot of cases that is true. I am lucky enough to be independent and slowly keep recovering. Does that make a difference? Probably. Or is it my never give up, work hard attitude that the women are attracted to?

Before I had my injury I'm not sure I would have ever approached or dated a woman in a chair. Why? I had no clue about any of it. Is this person mentally slow (A common misconception)? Do they need to be taken care of? How would we have sex? Is it different? My point is that the unknown is scary. I don't think it's the actual fact of being in a chair that turns people off. I think it's just not knowing anything about it.

So again, I think it's better for someone in a chair to meet people in "real life". Get out and do things you enjoy. That's most likely where you'll meet someone with your same interests that will see past the chair. I can't tell you have many times I've been told that they forgot about the chair after only a 10 minute conversation.

Keep your chin up and live your life the best you can. Someone will come along and see you for you. Just be patient.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  >