Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rabbitman49
Msg: 13
attacking sensible gun ownersPage 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Outlaw guns, and then only criminals will have guns.

In the U.S. the people have only two "checks and balances" on an unruly government - the right to vote and the right to revolt. Our Second Amendment is the guarentee of the latter.

In the North American midwest, this discussion would not even have arisen 150 years ago or earlier. A gun was a necessity of life then.

As long as people have certain traits such as greed, there will always be a criminal element. It doesn't matter what tools they have accessible; they will be misused. The anti-gun lobby is completely clueless. One can't have our freedoms of today yet deny the circumstances of how that freedom came about (armed revolt).
 dogar2007
Msg: 18
view profile
History
attacking sensible gun owners
Posted: 12/1/2006 6:30:13 AM
I have a Constitutional right to defend myself in my own home.

If somebody is in my home, threatening me or others, I want him DOWN!

The absolute, very best weapon for that is a firearm. No competition!

I do not want the intruder to have any chance whatsoever of ducking to avoid mace spray, overpowering my fancy karate moves, deflecting the knife I have thrown at him, pulling the Taser tongs out of his bulky clothing they did not penetrate, him getting back up, and so on.

Thus, a gun is the required weapon here!

That said, I do NOT need a fully automatic assault rifle, a machine gun, a bazooka, or even a handgun for that task.

The best firearm for this situation is a short-barrelled shotgun. It will put him down. I don't have to be a "good shot" in a panic situation, and I can't carry it in my pocket into the 7-11 for a hold-up. This preferred weapon is not at all heavy, and can be used even by a little 5'1", 100-lb gal.

I have a right to own a firearm, but it can be argued that right doesn't meany ANY kind of gun, including a handgun.
 G.G.
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2006 5:45:24 PM
Hey Army Guy, I'm not against owning a fire arm but its not something I think just anybody should be able to pass a test and get. Every gun owner should have a anual psych eval. People with emotional problems should not be allowed to own a gun period. There are other ways to protect themselves and a gun should always be the last line of defense. If I ever had to take someones life to protect the people I love I might as well die with him because I dont want to know I have that in me. That I'm capable of killing.
-Gina
 JohnathanKaine
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2006 12:20:55 PM
Say bro,

I am not a gun owner but I do believe everyone has the right to bear arms. It's another one of the those Rights that was given to us by our slave owning over powered forfather's who have once again shown us that we don't know what the future. it's kind of like dating a person and thinking at the moment the they are great then later on down the finding out there are a gun owning freak with a happy trigger finger! I think you should inlist in the armforces if you are that hard up to shoot and kill people. this way you wont have to wait for someone to break in to your home the goverment will send you to there homes to kill them!!!
Show ALL Forums  > California  >