Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > vaccines=autism?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Jeeep4Fun
Msg: 146
vaccines=autism?????Page 19 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
There wasa study by a German physician who concluded that the 18 month vaccine leads to autism. However, it has been noted in scientific and medical communities that his conclusions were flawed based on the fact that his test methods were sloppy, and that he only tested 24 children, hardly enough for a decent cross-section.

You can google the information, and I strongly suggest you do. Adults, especially parents, should make choices based on information, not hearsay from forums.
 big pacific
Msg: 147
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:08:26 PM
Then delmom, how do you account for the same % of children developing autism when they weren't vaccinated?
 lynaudio
Msg: 148
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 1/31/2010 8:21:44 AM

how do you account for the same % of children developing autism when they weren't vaccinated?

There has not been an official survey, so we have no official stats. However an unofficial survey shows up to a 300% increase of ADHD in immunized boys 6yrs plus over those not immunized. But for autism the increase was only 112%.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/296504/new_survey_shows_autism_rate_higher_pg2.html?cat=25

Maybe it is time to do an official survey.
 rockondon
Msg: 149
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 2/3/2010 9:50:51 AM
Sadly, the stage where autism is so often identified also happens to be the same time of a child's life when they get their childhood vaccine. This naturally leads to parents blaming the vaccine. This is especially common when autism presents itself by the child showing regression. For example, on page 1 someone mentioned...
Until you see a child go from being completley normal (talking, social, functioning) to completley non-verbal (not talking and normally not responding) and not functioning a few weeks after immunizations, you should not state it is rediculous.
Which is a common way for autism to manifest.

It simply makes no sense to think that a vaccine (or thimerosal, mercury, or whatever) causes autism. Take for example the fact that siblings of those with autism are 25 times more likely to have autism than the general population - this clearly shows a genetic component to the cause of autism, not a vaccine one. The vaccine doesn't invade the trillions of cells and change the DNA in each of them to make children autistic.

It may feel better for some people to demonize vaccines as the ones to blame for autism, but it isn't the cause.
 rockondon
Msg: 150
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 2/3/2010 11:12:47 AM

Secondly, there is a possible genetic predisposition, not necessarily familial, which explains why boys are affected more than girls. The rest... it is not possible to have a genetic epidemic
I agree about the boys being affected more than girls. Here's something I found...
Boys are affected four times more often than girls. Despite this relatively high frequency, scientists do not understand the mechanism of this serious developmental problem. What they have discovered is that autism is one of the most heritable mental disorders known. In other words, autism appears to be largely genetic in origin, and most autistic children inherit the disorder from their parents.
http://www.actionbioscience.org/genomic/dougherty.html

Bear in mind that I'm not ruling out environmental factors because I definately think they play a role. Nobody knows all the causes of autism but the evidence definately shows a strong genetic component.
It also mentions:
With sophisticated statistical techniques and numerous twin studies, behavioral geneticists now believe that as much as 90 percent of the behavioral phenotype of autism is related to inherited genes.

In any case, the evidence shows no correlation between vaccines and autism.
 AmandaNicole23
Msg: 151
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 3/20/2010 10:18:50 PM
Back in the day there were some fears that mercury in certain vaccines caused Autism, this theory was totally wrong but mercury has since been removed from all vaccines. No one truly knows what causes Autism and given the obscenly small amount of grant money given to Autism foundations, a cause and a cure really isnt anywhere on the horizon. However, there have been studies performed in MRIs taken from children with Autism and one consistency lies in the Corpus Collosum, imagine the brain as two islands with a bridge in the middle allowing for information to travel back and forth, it has been noted that in the brain of an autistic child the corpus collosum is markedly smaller than that of a child without autism. No one knows for sure if this is a direct cause or simply a factor; however, this is not something that could be caused by a routine vaccination.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 152
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 4/13/2010 12:21:16 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/04/13/specter.denying.science/index.html?hpt=C1

It doesn't seem to matter how often vaccines are proved safe or supplements are shown to offer nothing of value. When people don't like facts, they ignore them.

Check out the link watch the video, Vaccines are not the problem!!!
 EVROCKS
Msg: 153
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 4/25/2010 8:10:38 PM
I've just sort of skimmed the responses on this topic over the last THREE years! LOL But wanted to add my thoughts. We stopped vaccinating for reasons other than autism, namely that they never have been proven safe. There ARE too many vaccines being administered too early these days. Natural immunity is ALWAYS best, especially when we really don't know the true impact of vaccines on our children's health.

Regarding autism and thimerosal, EVERY lot of vaccines has their own ingredients and handling. (This explains why not every vaccinated child will get autism. Some lots contain much more thimerosal than others). There are "hot lots" where more than 'normal' negative reactions come from the same lot of vaccines. I personally know a family of 3 autistic children who were vaccinated from the same lot, all developed a degree of autism, all were later healed significantly by the mom who did a lot of chelating with them. The children were varying ages, at least one beyond the age of development in question. I personally believe that autism is caused by numerous things. After all, it is a bundled up package of symptoms for which there is no diagnostic test. Mercury is found in other places in the environment, and so are other heavy metals. Some autism is diet related. And I do believe that others came from birth (mercury toxicity in vitro?) (BTW, pregnant women are encouraged to get the flu shot...which has even more mercury in it than any children's vaccine.)

The truth is, there is too much unknown here. What I do know is that we are putting way too many unknown ingrediets into our kids for diseases that are not even deadly. There are plenty of doctors who don't vaccinate their own kids. I'm glad that we live in a country where it is our right (as of this writing anyway...) to choose what's best for our families.
 PregnantLady
Msg: 154
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 4/29/2010 5:11:32 AM
I'm almost 29 years old and I never had any vaccines
 runswithscissors42
Msg: 155
Flu vaccination ban goes national after fever, convulsions in children
Posted: 5/26/2010 9:34:14 PM
http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/flu-vaccination-ban-goes-national-after-fever-convulsions-in-children-20100423-tglp.html

Seasonal flu vaccinations across Australia for children under five have been suspended after 23 children in Western Australia were admitted to hospital with convulsions following their injections.

One child, aged 1, remains in a coma in a Perth hospital.

Commonwealth chief health officer Professor Jim Bishop yesterday announced the suspension while authorities urgently review data from around the country.

WA's chief public health officer Tarun Weeramanthri has defended the response time in closing down the state's juvenile flu vaccine program amid revelations that children were presenting with convulsions more than two weeks ago.

Rogue batch may be to blame
National warning to GPs
Perth mum: 'I was petrified'
WA free vaccine program suspended

More than 60 children around the state may have had adverse reactions to the vaccine, including fevers, vomiting and febrile convulsions - a type of fit brought on by a high fever.

One child remains in a critical condition in hospital after being given the vaccine. Dr Weeramanthri said he had few details on the child's condition but they were "seriously ill".

He said a national process set by the Therapeutic Goods Administration had been observed in responding to the reactions. Under the process the best clinical information was collected from as many doctors as possible and an assessment made on the "totality of that".

"We take all reports very seriously and we believe we've acted in a very timely fashion," Dr Weeramanthri said.

"We've been monitoring the situation, we've been talking to clinicians and we've acted as soon as we can."

He said that since this year's vaccine program started a month ago, 23 children under the age of 10 had presented to Princess Margaret Hospital with convulsions related to vaccinations they had received less than 12 hours before.

Another 40 convulsion cases had been detected in the past month in children at other metropolitan hospitals and in Bunbury. Doctors are now working to determine how many of those children received the flu vaccine.

Aside from the convulsions, affected children were suffering fever and vomiting within 12 hours of their flu shots.

A teleconference today with state, territory and TGA officials confirmed the picture in other states would not be available for "a few days".

Dr Weeramanthri said the TGA was assessing the geographical spread of symptoms across Australia, and directly testing batches of vaccine for any impurity.

Rogue batch may be to blame

Health authorities are also working to determine if the entire Fluvax drug, or just batches, have caused the symptoms, and whether an alternative vaccine should be used.

University of Western Australia school of Paediatrics and Child Health Associate Professor Peter Richmond said that only Fluvax - produced by Australia's biggest biopharmaceutical company CSL - was being used to vaccinate children in WA.

Dr Richmond said researchers were trying to determine whether it was the entire vaccine, or just batches, that had caused the problems which today prompted Australia's chief medical officer to tell doctors to stop giving the vaccine to children.

He said the side effects had been largely limited to children under the age of five and he would not recommend that anybody in other groups - including elderly people - cancel their flu shots.

"This is not a long-term safety issue with vaccines," Dr Richmond told WAtoday.com.au.

He recommended parents of young children who had received only the first of the required two vaccination doses hold off on the second dose for now.

This was despite the fact children who had no side effects from their first dose were unlikely to receive complications from their second.

Dr Richmond said the first dose provided partial protection against the flu anyway.

He said researchers were examining whether an alternative drug to Fluvax could be used for the second dose - generally scheduled for four weeks after the first.

Researchers were also trying to determine if the problem with Fluvax was temporary only - and whether the drug could still be used in coming weeks for the second dose.

He stressed that the vast majority of children receiving Fluvax had suffered no complications.

National warning to GPs

Commonwealth chief medical officer Jim Bishop issued a national warning to GPs not to use the vaccine followed a decision last night by the WA government to suspend the free vaccination program for children under five over concerns it was causing high fevers and convulsions.

"We suggest doctors and health professionals vaccinating children don't use the seasonal flu vaccine for the moment, until we can get the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) to investigate this in more detail," Professor Bishop told ABC TV.

He said the concerns stemmed from a significant rise in the number of children developing a fever after receiving the vaccine.

"We need more information about what’s happened in WA, but also what we can now find out from all the other states from their experience," Professor Bishop said.

"If this has been brought up as a possible side-effect of this drug, then we ought to at least suspend its use until we know more."

In light of the seasonal flu shot suspension, Professor Bishop suggested children get vaccinated against swine flu instead, because that could be a health risk this winter too.

He said there did not appear to be any side effects from the swine flu vaccine Panvax.

"It is safe to have the swine flu vaccine," Professor Bishop said.

"The TGA's assessment of clinical trials and the advice of its expert committees is that Panvax is a safe, effective vaccine for prevention of the H1N1 influenza.

"It is expected that the dominant flu this winter season will be swine flu and the specific Panvax vaccine is available free for all Australians."

'I was petrified'

Perth mother of two Bea Flint said her 11-month-old boy Avery had a seizure after receiving the first dose of the two-dose flu vaccination on Saturday.

Mrs Flint said that after the 9am vaccination she noticed Avery had a minor temperature about 2pm. She treated him with Panadol and by Avery's 7pm bedtime he seemed "OK".

However, at 7.45pm, Avery started whimpering and moaning.

When Mrs Flint got to his cot the baby had vomited and was lying on his side having a seizure.

"In the car driving to the hospital he was just whimpering," she said.

"He couldn't cry - his head was hanging down in the car seat and he couldn't move.

"I was petrified - it was one of the worst experiences of my life."

By the time Avery arrived at St John of God Hospital in Murdoch, he was burning up with a fever of 39.5 degrees.

The doctor who treated Avery told Mrs Flint her baby was the fifth child with similar symptoms admitted to the hospital that day.

WA vaccine program suspended

Health Minister Kim Hames last night advised of the state-wide suspension as a precautionary measure.

He said the suspension came after a significant rise in the number of children who had developed a high temperature after receiving the vaccine.

He said some children had gone into febrile convulsions, a fit caused by a high fever, following the vaccinations.

Dr Hames said it was unclear if the fevers were related to the influenza vaccination but the precautionary measure was the most responsible course of action.

Fevers in most instances are treatable.

"People should give Paracetamol according to the instructions and tepid sponging to keep the temperature down." Dr Hames said.

"On rare occasions children can have a convulsion as the result of the high temperature and sometimes that can be prolonged, which can be a risk to the child."

He said parents should not take children under the age of five to be vaccinated against influenza until further notice.
 lynaudio
Msg: 156
Posted: 5/26/2010 9:59:01 PM
but the precautionary measure was the most responsible course of action

Irony at its best "precautionary measures" for "precautionary measures".

But on a more serious note - I hope the children will be OK, and that no more fall ill.
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 5/27/2010 7:34:52 PM
One would imagine that the only way to answer the question would be to determine if autism occurs at the same rate in unvaccinated children as in vaccinated children. I admit that I believe that the truth is that advocates in either direction will find a way to discount those studies. For me, I have, over the years, come to believe that genetics plays the largest part in any "disorder". I also believe in the "diagnosis of the week". I have been hesitant to run to vaccinate my children where vaccinations are fairly new, but I have doctors I trust, do a bit of research, and trust my own instincts; all of my children have been vaccinated and have suffered no ill effects that anyone can determine. Certainly autism is a fascinating disorder, and it will be most interesting to watch the developments in the years to come.
 chaos1401
Msg: 158
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/3/2010 8:28:00 AM
YES. My daughter had 7, yes 7 shots at her 18 month visit. (My ex-dh took her). I can show pictures of my daughter, the changes that happened. She was behind with her vx, so the dr took advantage of the situation since my ex was there, and had the nurse give her 7 shots. My daughter is now 8 years old, highly functioning, but autistic. Her skills immediately regressed after the shots. It's infuriating.
Karen
 tuki11
Msg: 159
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 7/2/2010 12:43:04 AM
Recent studies of children who were monitored in utero found that some babies ( for an unknown reason) recieved an unusually large dose of testosterone. This has an affect on one part of the brain (cant remember which one now,) but a large percentage of these children were found to suffer from either Autism or Aspergers. I have experience with this somewhat, as when I was pregnant with my son, experienced some very high stress moments..... very high stress. Having being diagnosed with many different conditions, one of which was a language and communication disorder, he was retested at eleven and has now being labelled as having very mild Austism. I also know some women who did not vaccinate their children but one suffers from severe Autism, so you cannot blame that.
 up2nogood
Msg: 160
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 7/5/2010 2:23:58 PM
I have been wanting to sit down and do a bit of research. i have heard alot, but not seen with my eyes.
I work with a supplement Protandim. I reduces the Oxidative Stress in the body. I have heard children with autism have a 85% higher Oxidative Stress level than "normal kids".

This is one short ariticle I found...
University of Arkansas researchers have found new evidence that points to oxidative stress as a possible factor in autism. Studies show that autistic children have lower levels of glutathione, a major antioxidant in cells. This antioxidant is "important for detoxification and elimination of environmental toxins," said S. Jill James, director of the study. While this evidence is not considered to be conclusive, James said, "It wouldn't be unreasonable for parents of autistic children to talk with their child's doctor about giving them antioxidant supplements since these supplements are non-toxic."

Abstract
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE: Indirect markers are consistent with greater oxidative stress in autism. They include greater free-radical production, impaired energetics and cholinergics, and higher excitotoxic markers. Brain and gut, both abnormal in autism, are particularly sensitive to oxidative injury. Higher red-cell lipid peroxides and urinary isoprostanes in autism signify greater oxidative damage to biomolecules. A preliminary study found accelerated lipofuscin deposition--consistent with oxidative injury to autistic brain in cortical areas serving language and communication. Double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of potent antioxidants--vitamin C or carnosine--significantly improved autistic behavior. Benefits from these and other nutritional interventions may be due to reduction of oxidative stress. Understanding the role of oxidative stress may help illuminate the pathophysiology of autism, its environmental and genetic influences, new treatments, and prevention. OBJECTIVES: Upon completion of this article, participants should be able to: 1. Be aware of laboratory and clinical evidence of greater oxidative stress in autism. 2. Understand how gut, brain, nutritional, and toxic status in autism are consistent with greater oxidative stress. 3. Describe how anti-oxidant nutrients are used in the contemporary treatment of autism.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15624347

If you want to find out more about Oxidative Stress check out
LifeVantage.com/133782

It is pretty darn interesting!
 Karen-
Msg: 161
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/15/2012 4:45:17 PM
I have a son with Autism. I found out that the gene is related to me and I carry it..What does that tell you?

It is not from vaccines
 Debyduz_
Msg: 162
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:22:08 PM
Autism is not related to vaccines. They just show up at the same time. My sister is autistic and she went through regression at that age. She was talking a little and then completely stopped. She did not have vaccines at the same time my mom was bad with that.

I have and adopted son who has Asperger's. I now know he had signs from birth. My sister also had signs before the regression.

They trying to say there is more Autism today, but they are just getting better at diagnosing it. When my sister was little only the classic head bangers and plate spinner were diagnosed with Autism. I am very sure my other sister has Asperger's and I remember several kids from school who probably had it too and were just considered odd.

The vaccine issue is a big controversy. I have done a great deal of reading and I would always have my children vaccinated. You can choose what you want for your children or ask to spread them out a little more if you have a child with signs of Autism.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 163
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/15/2012 8:28:09 PM
Well...

From what I have understood so far.. vaccines in and of themselves do not cause autism, but they defiantly contribute to those children who have autism or who have the predisposition towards it. The same goes for ADD and ADHD. All three of those diagnosis are over diagnosed. (which is a problem in and of itself.) But problem is the children are too young when they get these vaccines to know if they will negatively affect them or not or to know if they have any of the above 3 diseases. It's defiantly something to keep researching and studying, but as of now there is nothing proven either way.

What is more interesting to me, is the effects of food on children with the above 3 diagnoses. Eliminating sugar, dairy and gluten from the child diet seems to significantly reduce their anxiety level and increase their ability to focus and remain calm. It even seems to do a better job then many medications as it allows the child to stay out of the "medication fog" (so to speak) so they can actively participate in the real world as themselves. Of course there will always be some kids who do need the medications to be able to function, I just think if more parents take an active role in their child illness, they can affect change without the use of medication.

Doctors don't know everything.. that why they call what they do practice..You know what your children need..Parents need to keep what they know about their kids in mind when consulting with a doctor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The truth is, there is too much unknown here. What I do know is that we are putting way too many unknown ingrediets into our kids for diseases that are not even deadly
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I agree with this mostly.. A lot of diseases these vaccines are for where deadly at one time.. but have been largely eradicated.. My son hasn't gotten the chicken pox shot, the flu shot or that cancer prevention shot (like that's real???). There are too many unknown ingredients and too many unknown possible side effects.. especially in the long term.
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 164
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/16/2012 9:02:07 AM
While I understand what you are saying... and I agree I am not incorrect.. It's just a "politically correct" thing.. Like calling midgets little people...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A disease is an abnormal condition affecting the body of an organism. It is often construed to be a medical condition associated with specific symptoms and signs.[1] It may be caused by external factors, such as infectious disease, or it may be caused by internal dysfunctions, such as autoimmune diseases. In humans, "disease" is often used more broadly to refer to any condition that causes pain, dysfunction, distress, social problems, or death to the person afflicted, or similar problems for those in contact with the person. In this broader sense, it sometimes includes injuries, disabilities, disorders, syndromes, infections, isolated symptoms, deviant behaviors, and atypical variations of structure and function, while in other contexts and for other purposes these may be considered distinguishable categories. Diseases usually affect people not only physically, but also emotionally, as contracting and living with many diseases can alter one's perspective on life, and their personality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Autistic kids are not unintelligent, nor are they anything other then people with a disability.. but a disability is still a disease. My mother has MS.. it's not contagious, you can't catch it, there no known reason why some get it and some don't. It's still a disease.. My brothers step-son is severally autistic. He's a great kid, he's smart in his own way.. but you can see the frustration when he's trying to communicate, you can see the interference being autistic causes him. You feel the effects when he gets overwhelmed and throws a temper fit to end all temper fits. He's a great kid and I love him for who he is. And yes.. he doesn't' need to be 'fixed" but we do need to recognize that there is something going on and most likely preventive measures would be the only way to avoid it. Since autism is most likely the result of "abnormal" brain chemistry, then I would say that once a child is born you are going to be hard pressed to be able to help them develop normally and be a normal child. I think the research has to focus on development during gestation. If it is genetic, then perhaps gene therapy? Don't be so sensitive. I'm not putting down autistic kids.. I'm simply acknowledging that there is something that didn't develop properly that affects their ability to function normally. The "cure" lies in discovering what that is.

PS.. I could switch my wording to condition if it will make you feel better???
 bamagrl68
Msg: 165
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/21/2012 5:18:41 PM
takeu2funkytown- This is NOT true and as a nurse and a mom, I get on a soap box about this, so excuse me, but......
Vaccines do NOT cause autism!
Autism, as of yet, has no specific cause, but I am convinced it's not vaccines.
There is WAY to much information for me to go into detail about neurological disorders, but when a cause is found I am sure it will turn out to be neurological in origin.
Children with Autism can not process or express external stimuli like the rest of us do. It's like being trapped inside your head. Some function at high levels and can talk and do things for themselves but usually have no social filter and decision making is difficult, at the low end of function they are non verbal and require constant care and supervision.
No one is going to convince me that the small amount of mercury contained in vaccines (the reason some believe vaccines cause autism) can cause something so complex.
There is FAR more danger in NOT getting your children vaccinated than there is in having it done. Can you say small pox?!
People, PLEASE, do NOT listen to this nonsense. Get your children vaccinated, it's the right thing to do.
 Tealwood
Msg: 166
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/21/2012 6:09:55 PM

I agree with this mostly.. A lot of diseases these vaccines are for where deadly at one time.. but have been largely eradicated.. My son hasn't gotten the chicken pox shot, the flu shot or that cancer prevention shot (like that's real???). There are too many unknown ingredients and too many unknown possible side effects.. especially in the long term.

Now I never really benefited from the strong formal university education or even better masters degree-- or doctorate challenging of ones concepts and ideas....

•Despite the widespread use of vaccines, whooping cough has made a comeback in recent years. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), prior to the introduction of the pertussis vaccine, there were an average of 175,000 cases of whooping cough each year. This dropped off to fewer than 3,000 cases per year in the 1980s; in the U.S. alone, a total of 27,550 cases of pertussis were reported in 2010.

•The World Health Organization estimates there were 195,000 deaths from whooping cough worldwide in 2008, making this easy-to-prevent disease one of the leading causes of illness and death.
•The prevalence of whooping cough in children is increasing. In 2010, the CDC saw an increase in reported cases among 7- to 10-year-olds.
•In June 2010, the State of California declared a whooping cough epidemic. In September 2010, the California Department of Health reported 4,017 cases of confirmed, suspected, and probable whopping cough, the largest number of cases since 1955.
•In April 2012, the State of Washington also reported a whooping cough epidemic, with over 1,000 cases reported in the year. The State of Washington estimates there may be 3,000 cases of whooping cough by the end of the year, which is more cases than have been seen in 60 years.

This does not suggest eradication, at least to me?

Measles, a viral respiratory infection, killed over 500,000 children in 2003, more than any other vaccine-preventable disease. The measles death toll in Africa is so high – every minute one child dies – that many mothers don't give children real names until they have survived the disease. Measles weakens the immune system and renders children very susceptible to fatal complications from diarrhoea, pneumonia and malnutrition. Those that survive may suffer blindness, deafness or brain damage.

Tetanus, referred to in the Old Testament as the “seventh-day death,” killed an estimated 200,000 newborns and 30,000 mothers in 2001. The tetanus bacteria are ubiquitous – they live in soil, in animal dung and in feces. Tetanus can infect newborns if the umbilical cord is cut with unsterile instruments or the incision treated with contaminated dressings.

In acute respiratory infections such as diphtheria or pertussis, bacteria can attack the lungs or bronchial tubes, causing chronic coughs, pneumonia and breathing difficulties. Pertussis – also known as whooping cough – kills about 300,000 children a year, while a third respiratory infection, Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib) pneumonia kills about 500,000.

Polio, a viral infection of the nervous system, can cause crippling paralysis within hours. Significant progress has been made towards eradicating the disease, but it remains a serious threat to children in areas where the wild poliovirus still circulates. The number of cases worldwide dropped from 350,000 in 1988 to under 1,300 in 2004.

Haemophilus influenzae type b (Hib), prevalent mainly in developing countries, is estimated to cause approximately 3 million cases of serious disease and kills about 450,000 children every year. Most children die from pneumonia and a minority from meningitis. In developing countries about 40% of Hib meningitis cases are fatal, and 15-35% of children who survive are left with permanent disabilities. Despite gradual uptake of the Hib vaccine in developing countries, in 2001, only one in five children worldwide were immunized against Hib during the first year of life.

The blind leading the blind? TB....confuzzled4ever...

Complacency about TB has led to a relatively low-key public response to the outbreak despite more than 80,000 cases were reported in the 53-nation region for which WHO Europe has responsibility.

The Organisation has launched a new plan to identify and treat TB more effectively, saying the human and economic costs of not containing the disease could be huge.

“TB is an old disease that never went away, and now it is evolving with a vengeance,” said Zsuzsanna Jakab, the WHO’s Regional Director for Europe.

Countries in Eastern Europe and Central Asia have the highest rates of TB of Western European cities have also seen a steep rise in the number of new cases. London has the highest rate of any capital city in Western Europe with around 3,500 cases per year.

Ignorance and complacency seemingly is seeing some of the supposed eradicated diseases on a comeback....but then she will probably say the statistics can be questioned...so that are not valid! And the blinders will stay on!
 Confuzzled4ever
Msg: 167
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/21/2012 8:29:45 PM
*tee hee* I think Tealwoods got a crush on me..He does all this research just to contradict just about everything I post.. *tee hee*

What about the rest of them?? Hmmm?? educate me oh wise one..

I speak of the US. . I also think we should take care of our backyard before taking care or the world. call me crazy or uncaring or whatever.... this is how I feel.

How many people have to get sick to call it an outbreak? 2.. tell me wise one is that "statistically" significant?

Yes I know about the whooping cough outbreaks.. and I know about other diseases.. of course not everything. TB is largely in the illegal immigrant population..

Even with those outbreaks.. they are still largely eradicated. When someone contracts the virus, they vaccinate everyone in the area and it can't spread. That's how they stop the whooping cough from spreading.

Cholera is a big issue in Haiti.. Do we need shot for that too?

Chicken pox.. what happens 20 years after the shot?? Do you get shingles?? I'd rather my son have chicken pox now then shingles when he's older..

Either way.. this thread is about shots part in autism.. and as I stated.. I don't think they are the "cause' but i do think they negatively affect children who are autistic, and exacerbate their symptoms..
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > vaccines=autism?????