Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > vaccines=autism?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 brandy_n_3
Msg: 28
vaccines=autism?????Page 2 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
The doctors have suspected autistic specturm in my oldest since he was 6 months old. They have tossed the idea back and ofrth for 8 years, no one can agree. Latest is deciding if it is PDD-NOS. His behaviours appeared very early, we started noticing at 3 months he wasn't quite right, but it took until 6 months for the dr's to consider it. I do not believe that vaccine's cause autism. What I do believe however is that their brains are predisposed to various disorders and due to environmental factors (vaccine's, food sensitivities, trauma) the disorders tend to manifest themselves, or inthe case where they are already present become more severe. Something that I have often considered is the cumulative effect of toxins in our dna and how it affects the next generation.

Bare with me while I explain. If you look at species like the peregrin falcon for example we see that the cumulative effects of toxins affects their egg development, preventing hatchlings to be born and putting the species at risk. Who's to say a similar effect is not happening to humans. A female fetus has all the eggs she will ever have in here life while still inutero. She lives a life in our society surrounded by toxins, pesticides and additives in the food, pollution from cars and factories, household cleaners designed to " keep us healthy". It stands to reason that those chemicals *could* be altering the dna stored in those eggs. then 20, 30 or even 40 years later that woman has a child. If the egg has been damaged due to the level of toxins injested, inhaled and absorbed over decades doesn't it stand to reason that the chemical composition of the brain would be altered, leading to higher incidence of hidden disabilities. Disorders like Autism, ADHD, Learning disorder etc are in fact on the rise, yet no one can figure out why.

The second piece to this is how connected disorders like ADHD and austism really are. If you sat down and listed all the symptoms/signs of each you will see that they display the same concerns, just worded slightly differently. ADHD should in fact be classified as an autistic spectrum disorder, yet I do not see parents screaming vaccine's caused adhd, instead dr's blame parenting skills. Instead the researchers should be joining forces to study the link between these 2 disorders, but that is a whole different topic.

Back to my kids. My eldest son fits so many disorders no two dr's can agree on a Dx. He fits so many yet not enough to help him. His current Dx du jour is severe ADHD(dr says worst he has ever seen), severe anxiety disorder resulting in antisocial tendancies, and possible pdd-nos. My daughter also has adhd. I do not believe that vaccine's caused his disorders suddenly. I do believe in my theory of the cumulative effects of toxins, predisposed him to these disorders when triggured by environmental factors.
 Ahoytheredave
Msg: 29
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 2/10/2007 10:18:00 PM
I have had a theory that my son's autism is a result of exposure to propylene glycol. This is the main ingrediant in airplane deicer, "green" antifreeze, hand creams, baby wipes, etc. It is also found in foods, medicines, candies, cosmedics etc. It enables transfer of other chemicals through the skin. It may be this transfer characteristic actually at fault rather than the substance itself. If it serves to inflame the digestive tract or simply enable transfer of partially broken down glutin or casine from foods, then these molecules act as opiates suppressing developing parts of the brain associated with language, sensory, processing, etc. Since foods containing glutin and casine tend to be introduced at about the same time symptoms begin, this theory seems to make sense. The increased use of this substance tracks the increase in diagnosed autism.
 TakeU2FunkyTown
Msg: 32
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 3/3/2007 5:05:57 AM
I don't think Spiderham is telling people to NOT vaccinate their children, he's saying to look at all the consequences from vaccinating and not vaccinating them. He has also said that you should get your child vaccinated with the MMR, but a couple months after they are supposed tog et it so their bodies can develope a little more and be better able to handle it. Also he has said in anopther post that he is "far from an expert". Before jumping into a conversation please read the other posts.

P.s. Everyone Thanks for keeping this post alive it is getting closer and closer to my sons MMR vaccine and you have all given me soo much information.
 SusieSunshine79
Msg: 35
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/15/2008 4:08:54 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-kirby/government-concedes-vacci_b_88323.html

My brother and sister had not been given their vaccinations on time. At 5, when they had to get them to enter school they received their immunizations. Within a few months they were diagnosed autistic. They were in church preschool programs and were noted as advanced with normal development. The changes were immediate and severe. I have no doubt that there is a definite link to vaccines and autism.
 SusieSunshine79
Msg: 36
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/15/2008 3:03:19 PM
monkeyann,
I never thought about the metal allergy thing (why, I have no idea). I wonder if there is a connection? My mother has the same metal allergies that you are describing. I guess this calls for a bit of research.

Bing147,
Court cases have ruled that vaccines caused autism in several children, I would consider that proof if the government is actually compensating people for receiving vaccines and developing autism. I wouldn't say NEVER without reading everything included.

Throughout history there have been concerns over vaccines that were deemed wrong until it was discovered by the public that it was definitively correct. When people came out stating that the old polio vaccine caused diabetes they were called crazy and then it was proven. How many years were kids given DTP shots instead of DTaP before it was discovered how dangerous that was? I don't think that it is appropriate to completely discount the idea that these vaccines are causing autism in some cases until it is defintively proven that they are not, which has yet to be seen.
 vivaciousvixen2
Msg: 37
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/19/2008 9:23:29 PM
I have a 5 yr old autistic son. he does not have the autistic gene. Vaccinations have been proven to cause autism in high risk individuals. Mercury is a direct link. Washington, DC has paid out cash on lawsuites. That should say enough. High Toxin Levels in the body cause autism. Pestisides into the water -pollution-causes autism. Most autistic people are allergic to milk and should not be given glueten products.
Omega 3 and Omega 6 on a daily basis for some unknown reason nueroligically helps autistic people become normal along with organic food and health food vitamins.
trying to keep away from preservatives and "processed" foods somehow roots with someplace where our society has went wrong amongst pollution and other toxins that we have forced into or fetuses and children. Look at the end results of an FDA fast paced society. Autism is growing to almost 1 in every 100 kids. Now that is pathetic.
 *Mylie*
Msg: 38
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/21/2008 12:06:27 PM
I did not read this whole thread.
I don't have to because I already did some independant research on this topic.

I am not going to say people should or should not vaccinate their kids but I can say that children die from vaccinations way more often then you think.
Also.... I don't know about everywhere but here in Canada they make these vaccines using aborted fetus which I find horrific. Especially considering it would be just as easy fo them to make them with chicken embryo.
 packagedealx3
Msg: 39
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/22/2008 5:13:09 PM
It will likely be a long time before there is really definitive evidence about the extent to which genetic predisposition and vaccinations play in the development of autism. Many childhood diseases that we believed were eradicated have affected thousands of children who contracted these illnesses when people stopped vaccinating either because they were scared of it or they believed because no one ever "got" the illnesses anymore, that they weren't necessary.

My children received all of their shots on the normal schedule with no ill-effects and I recently had my daughter vaccinated for HPV. Any medical treatment carries a risk as does opting out but whether there is an advantage to waiting also will only be found out over time. The poster above whose fifth child had no ill-effects vaccinating at 4 might have had the same experience on the normal schedule but was just genetically different than the older sibling.

One of the ladies at my church has been in a wheelchair for most of her life. She contracted polio at 8 and was able to walk for a few years with crutches and a wheelchair some of the time. When she hit college, the crutches were no longer practical so she has not been able to use her legs since she was around 20. She has led a full life, married twice, three children, numerous grandchildren and one great grandchild so far. But she has health problems that others would not and what she can and cannot do has obviously been limited by that chair. Ironically, while the legs are useless, they still have feeling so her pain at this point is rather constant.

Her mother worked tirelessly to raise money for the work that Jonas Salk did and knowing that the polio vaccine is one that is suspected of a connection with autism, I would still prefer to take that chance over one of my children losing the use of their legs. Read, talk to people and then follow your gut. One of the hardest parts of being a parent is knowing that you are making decisions that can affect them for the rest of their lives and we just have to hope that we are making the right ones.
 *Mylie*
Msg: 40
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/23/2008 12:09:33 PM
So you go to Church but you have no moral issues with using aborted babies for such a cause?
 IAMDAD
Msg: 41
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/24/2008 12:22:23 PM
I believe there is a connection my son has autism if you want to discuss this my #i (580)603-0877
 Fiona of the Shire
Msg: 42
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/25/2008 5:58:54 PM
My son is 17 with Asperger's syndrome, part of the Autism Spectrum. He is high functioning but definitely Aspergers. While this may not be entirely the same as what parents of autistic kids are going through, I believe it has more to do with genetics ~ there are definite familial traits I can see in his Dad and grandfather as well. We know more about so many things. Nature/Nurture. That's my story. I love my son very much and deal with who he is but I am one of the lucky ones ...
 opnmydm
Msg: 43
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/26/2008 8:53:13 AM
it is a myth, there are many of them out there, nobody is actually sure what causes this and no vaccine has shown to be the culprit, there is a major increase of this in this country, more research is needed, more money needs spent, i donate to a few good charities in this area
 rubert
Msg: 44
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:48:43 PM
Hi there!

As a mother of a son with autism, I do tell you that he started to eat and do something
before his vaccine at twelve and eighteen months!

Of course the Goverment doesn't want to take any responsibility.
That would mean they were at fault.

My son is now 21 this year.
I love so much! He is very high functioning.
He is exceptional!
He can tell anyone the day of the week they were born, and is so exceptional with math and dates!

Rubert
 rubert
Msg: 45
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/26/2008 2:56:16 PM
Sorry to tell you, but there is no sign of autism of anything of that nature in my family history.

Therefore your genetic predisposition goes right out the window!

Rubert
 rubert
Msg: 46
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/26/2008 3:05:59 PM
By every means, a autistic child needs one on one as early as possible to help correct
them from staying in their own, so called world!
Interaction is so very much needed as early as possible!

Many schools never had the help or even the understanding of Autism!

Thank God, that there is more awareness now!

Rubert
 rubert
Msg: 47
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/26/2008 3:11:36 PM
Most cases of autism are diagnosed, before the age of three.

Autism, isn't a condition that just reveals itself after years.

It is usally noticed, and diagnosed sooner.

Rubert
 lizishere
Msg: 48
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 5/26/2008 6:50:10 PM
I think that pdd (autism) may be on the uprise because of the age people are having children is getting higher and higher and higher. I am sure that having children later in life has a negitive effect on the developement of the child during gestation. I also think the firtility drugs come into play as well.

I think pdd is more recognizable know and is diagnosed more often which makes it look like it is more common know. If you think back 15 years ago everyone was adhd.
 lynaudio
Msg: 49
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 3/8/2009 12:24:38 PM
I am surprised to see so many people state that 1 or 2 percent is an acceptable statistic. Wow, have you looked in to how likely your child is to contact these diseases. It is much lower than 1 percent. We talk about the medical system saving money by combining the shots, but have we looked at the medical costs of caring for all these autistic children. It is a new enough phenomena that we still can’t even phantom how these children will be cared for when they reach adulthood. As much as there is no concrete proof that vaccines cause autism, neither is there concrete proof that the vaccines lower the risk of contracting the diseases. As for combinations, well it makes good sense that the body would more easily deal with one challenge at a time, but we also have to consider the overall health of the child before the shots are administered. This includes diet and exposure to other toxins. Have you any idea how much poison we expose ourselves to, with herbicides and pesticides on our crops, preservatives and dyes added to our food, chlorine and fluorine in our water supply, air pollutants? And that is just the short list.
I believe a well balanced diet of mostly organic food, and some good old fashion fresh air and exercise will help our children fight disease, much more effectively than vaccines. But we all have to make our own choices.
 lynaudio
Msg: 50
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 3/8/2009 6:45:23 PM
MzSomebody, I would like to confirm that I believe what you say to be true, and also find it hard to accept the sacrifice of our children to line the pockets of their perpetrators. I have a question for all you thinking, reasoning types. Do you think it is economically advantageous for the medical professionals to heal the masses? Wouldn’t they be working themselves out of a job? Where do you think their motivation lies? Their best economical move is to keep us all docile and buying their products and services. And how anyone here can claim to know that vaccines don’t cause or trigger autism, when the experts won’t go so far as to proclaim it on the stand is just…. Well…. Dismissable, no?
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > vaccines=autism?????