Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > vaccines=autism?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 expat57
Msg: 76
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????Page 4 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
We may not have a choice ..

http://nationalexpositor.com/index.php?news=1603
 gjay1
Msg: 77
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 9/30/2009 2:40:49 PM
this topic came up on the UK threads, and this is what i wrote there, my work is in autism, and i also provide respite for the family of the beautiful teenage boy snoozing in my spare room at the moment, until his jabs, he was developing normally, speech etc, all that regressed in a space of weeks. of the hundreds of kids i know, many were obviously "different" from birth, many like this one, were definitely not. my own daughter had such a terrible reaction to her first one, i didnt go fo another, i may have been very lucky...and as i hear at so many conferences, and read in articles etc, the jury is still out on the cause of autism, yes, there is often quite a few members of a family, who have autism, but they are also, all in the same environment, subject to the same infuences, so while there is a very strong argument for genetics, it is not proven beyond doubt
 freetime2bme
Msg: 78
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/1/2009 7:26:02 AM
" PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN "

I've heard 56 children have died since April from H1N1. Could you give me more detail about this figure? I would like to know of those 56 children, how many had underlying health care problems? How many of them sought medical attention? And finally, what is the age range or average age of the 56 children?

According to the CDC, of these 56 children, 31 had a pre-existing medical condition such as spina bifida or cerebral palsy before they became infected with H1N1, 17 did not, and health authorities don't have data on the eight other children. Among the children for whom the CDC has information, 35 died in a hospital's intensive care unit, four died in the emergency room, three died on an inpatient ward in the hospital, and five died outside the hospital, such as at home or on the way to the hospital. The average age of the children who died is 10 years old. A September 4 CDC report has more details on the pediatric deaths.
 daydreamin_honey
Msg: 79
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/16/2009 12:48:39 PM
Man am I tired of hearing about how vaccines cause autism. My son is autistic and my daughter is not. Both have had all the same shots. As did I, and my sister before them.
Human nature can't seem to allow us to accept that we don't know why thinks happen. We have to be able to explain it all.
Many studues have been done that prove vaccines may "trigger" existing cases of autism, but not a single cased has been proven to be caused by them.
 dolphinlvr36
Msg: 80
No clear cut answer
Posted: 10/17/2009 5:39:28 PM
[Lice can for the most part be easily stopped from developing in a clean home]

Lice actually prefer clean heads. Dirty hair is hard for them to grasp onto. I've had many a kid from my classroom, who lived in a clean home, contract lice.
 dolphinlvr36
Msg: 81
No clear cut answer
Posted: 10/17/2009 5:44:54 PM
I saw swine flu mentioned above, know it's off topic, but i thought i'd put my 2 cents in. Swine flu is no more deadly than the regular flu, just another strain. My daughter and I had swine flu 5-6 weeks ago, and we were less sick then with regular flu. Now, that's not saying that swine, or any flu, aren't dangerous. For people with low immune systems etc. it can be deadly. What my pediatrician did say is that there are studies out there about giving Tamiflu for the swine flu. They are being told NOT to give Tamiflu, that it actually is mutating the swine flu into a stronger virus.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 82
view profile
History
No clear cut answer
Posted: 10/17/2009 6:08:38 PM
"Swine flu is no more deadly than the regular flu"

This is perfect. Did you know over 30,000 people die every year from the regular flu every year in the usa. 30K WTF are you saying 30,000 people dead every year is okay. WOW there are some dumb people out there.
 dolphinlvr36
Msg: 83
No clear cut answer
Posted: 10/17/2009 7:04:44 PM
ok, so you obviously didn't read my post very carefully. I said it's no more deadly than the regular flu, then i went on to say that the flu is still deadly to certain people.

Maybe you should read a little more carefully before calling people dumb. That's a cheap shot, especially when you can't even read a post properly. Who's dumb?
 Chitownguy40
Msg: 84
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/18/2009 8:33:05 PM
The link between autism and vaccinations has been pretty well debunked. A few credible scientists still suspect a link, but they are now a small minority.

It is really frightening how many people are not getting vaccinated because of half-baked rumors about the risks of vaccines. Yes, vaccines carry risks for some people. However, the risks of pandemics are far, far worse.

Get the vaccine.
 daydreamin_honey
Msg: 85
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/22/2009 11:43:12 AM

The link between autism and vaccinations has been pretty well debunked. A few credible scientists still suspect a link, but they are now a small minority.
It is really frightening how many people are not getting vaccinated because of half-baked rumors about the risks of vaccines. Yes, vaccines carry risks for some people. However, the risks of pandemics are far, far worse.
Get the vaccine.

Well said, completely agreed. But once you get "one of those people" on a tangent ^^^ (see above and above and above, ...) there is no stopping them. And don't waste your time trying to open their minds either, you'll just lose yours in the process.
Autism is not CAUSED by vaccinations. In SOME cases it is possible that underlying cases of Autism are TRIGGERED by their reaction to the vaccinations or an ingredient in them. But that does not in any way prove that Autism is CAUSED by the vaccines themselves.
As a parent of an Autistic child, i'm well aware of all the POSSIBLE causes of Autism. But it's not going to do any good to dwell on what could have caused it since it's not "curable". I'm also not going to put my daughter at risk by not vaccinating her because she COULD develop Autism. My kids are going to LIVE their lives, not have me restrict them because of what COULD happen if I let them ride a bike, go swimming or eat sweets occasionally.
 carterscutie85
Msg: 86
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/24/2009 4:42:30 AM
I have elected not to get the H1N1 vaccine for my son. It's too new and they usually test vaccines out for 5 years before releasing them. This one hasn't been tested that long.

I am also going to wait on the MMR. From what I have read they have to have them before they start school, so I am going to wait until I know for sure he doesn't have autism to get them. Mumps, measles and rubella are very rare in the U.S anyways, he doesn't have a high risk of becoming infected.
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 87
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/25/2009 4:17:05 PM
The ingredient "Thermisol" is used in vaccinations to preserve the quality of the shot and is mercury based. It is this ingredient, which is present in almost every type of vaccination, that has people asking if vaccinations cause Autism. Many studies have said it does not.

You can also find vaccinations that are Thermisol free including the one shot h1n1 vaccine. Keep in mind that vaccines are injected into chicken eggs for incubation/growth of the actual virus and the virus is then cut into pieces. Anyone allergic to egg may want to mention that to their doctor.
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 88
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:42:35 AM
OMG people, did I not just tell you that vaccinations are available WITHOUT mercury..... Geesh, sounds like fear mongering is more important to you than your childrens health.

What do you tell all the parents who decided not to vaccinate their children and the children became Autistic anyway ? Were they spoon feeding them mercury at home ?

My son got all of his shots with mercury. He is fine.

First study the fact that non vaccinated children deleope autism and the get back to me
 carterscutie85
Msg: 89
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:45:44 AM
^^

I didn't read the whole thread so I didn't see your post about the vaccinations being available without mercury. If there is such controversey surrounding the shots with mercury, why aren't all doctors just using the ones without?
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 90
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:52:13 AM
Because they have been proven safe
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 91
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 6:54:16 AM
And because without a perservative you would not be able to stock a vaccine, you would have to order and wait your turn
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 92
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:41:58 AM
Amish sample way too small. You don't decrease mercury, its there or its not. You people should have worked for the Bush administration!

Raise the terror alert.

Listen, dont vaccinate YOUR children, just cross your fingers that they dont die from one of the many things that the vaccines protect them from
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 93
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 7:44:05 AM
Oh and BTW, the amish lifestyle could be the reason.... Please compare apples to apples, otherwise you may as well ask your pie in the sky for the answers
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 94
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 12:38:53 PM
CATSEYESLINDA: Put down you George Bush handbook "how to fear monger" and step outside and get some fresh air to make you think.

Stop crying and just cross your finger and hope your kids don't get H1N1 or all the other things.

I have said TWICE that non mercury versions are available for vaccines and yet you are having too much fun raising the terror alert to READ what I wrote.

Enough with your one sided fear mongering books. THE VERDICT is in and Autism is not created by vaccinations. Wake up already LOL, geesh.
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 95
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 1:52:28 PM
SLS117... finally someone with something to say that isn't just a copy paste from the book of fear mongering.
 Matthew__Angel
Msg: 96
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 4:16:00 PM
catseyeslinda.... you can copy paste your life away but your copy pastes amount to no more than fear mongering over a few biased reports than have since been blown out of the water.

Honestly Linda, you're starting to sound like one of those crazy religious people yammering about their pie in the sky.....
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 97
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/26/2009 9:12:39 PM
I am not completely convinced either way; there is money to be made on both sides of this argument. Of course, drug companies make more money when children are given several vaccines, and they use mercury in those vaccines. On the other hand, many parents are not willing to pay the cost for a one dose vaccine, which does not contain mercury.

There has been an awful lot of "scary", seemingly fact based data published regarding vaccines containing mercury & autism, and there is some truth in this data. There are also those who thrive on propagating conspiracy theories, and there is much left out. For example, there IS a difference between metal mercury and Ethylmercury and their effects on the body. The presence of metal mercury in the body causes mitochondrial enzyme deficiency, which is not found in most autistics. Autism continues to increase, and only time will tell how long it remains to do so.

I have been slow to give my own children any "new" vaccine" without first doing some research & talking to a health professional in whom I trust. If you don't trust the medical profession, approach a college Chemistry or Physiology professor. IT certainly can't hurt. Truth is, we all have personal experiences that are such that no amount of research will change our minds. All in all, I have to say that I do believe that for the most part, greater good is done by vaccinating than not. If one feels very strongly, simply request one dose vaccines and foot the bill.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 98
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/27/2009 1:25:42 AM
If you dont vaccinate your kids,
PLEASE keep them OUT of public schools and public places.
If you live in a city with ANy sort of cultural diversity, dont let your kids out of the house. There could be a guy walking next to you in the supermarket just off thge boat from a 3rd world country that could pass a deadly disease on to your kids.
Choosy moms choose vaccinations.

Happy Polio.

Matthew__Angel
Msg: 99
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/27/2009 12:25:55 PM
It must be horribly painful for the parents.

When you explain why NON VACCINATED CHILDREN become Autistic it will help you understand that it is not the vaccinations.

I have heard parents say "not even 6 months after a vaccination he started to become Autistic". I have every reason to believe that the child would have become Autistic whether or not he was vaccinated.

In pain, we always search for a guilty party. It is easy to blame the vaccinations.

What would you say to the parents who have not allowed their child to be vaccinated and yet the child became Autistic ??

Vaccinations just happen to be are the time that child start showing signs of Autism.

One last time, look beyond the fear mongering and the religious fools and go with logic>

WHY ARE CHILDREN NEVER VACCINATED BECOMING AUTISTIC ????

And don't be ignorant enough to tell me that more vaccinated children than non vaccinated children get Autism because we all know that is apples to oranges because most children are vaccinated (which is why they don't die of disease).

If you are going to copy paste another biases half assed study then you are not worth saving.
 Super_Eve
Msg: 100
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 10/27/2009 5:38:53 PM
Sorry, Matt...

<div class="quote">THE VERDICT is in and Autism is not created by vaccinations.

This is a true statement.

But the verdict is still out as to whether or not, the vaccines are a contributing factor in the cause of autism.

The two are not mutually exclusive, and trying to repeat them as such will not make it anymore true.

The link between autism and vaccinations, is mercury.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  > vaccines=autism?????