Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 big pacific
Msg: 79
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????Page 5 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)
Because the parents of autistic kids very rarely have scientific backrounds. The type of crusade you are on reminds me of the salem witch trials. We can't figure out whats going on, let's just burn everything and sort the rest ou tlater.

These parents don't even understand the difference between methyl and ehtyl mercury. Essentially it's like saying water is an acid becase HCl (chemical symbol for hydrochloric acid) has hyrdrogen JUST like H2O does. How much sense does that make? Then they use the stats of methyl mercury to make ethyl mercury look like the culprit when they are COMPLETELY different compounds, JUST like water and hyrdrochloric acid.

And ETHYL MERCURY IS NOT THE SAME AS MERCURY

They want us to believe that all the medical progress has been made over the last 50 years like the reduction of polio and smallpox is a horrible creation. I know this is a tragic event and a life changing issue, but there is no science to back you. No evidence, no unbiased facts to support your claims. Even mercury poisoning really isn't a significant possibility as it usually requires a prolonged exposure.

Even with the reduction of your hated thermisol, autism rates STILL went up. How is that possible. Now that the witch has been burned, what witch do you pick next?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 80
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 4:54:15 PM
Elmenreich to the above post could you please let me no the studies that you are talking about unvaccinated kids get autism as there has been no such studies . yip none .

My son is autistic, and his doctor told me about that study just a month ago; I'm a teacher, and I decided to read the article myself. The July, 2006 issue of Pediatrics has an article regarding a study done in Quebec, where 28,000 children were exposed to different dosages of the measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine and vaccines containing the mercury-based preservative thimerosal. Researchers found no relationship between MMR vaccine exposure, thimerosal exposure and autism rates.

In fact, a higher incidence of autism was seen in Canadian children vaccinated after thimerosal was eliminated from vaccines than among children who received thimerosal-containing immunizations.

Now, this study was done scientifically, by doctors. SurveyUSA is a commercial polling agency that mostly works with businesses and corporations, so I wouldn't really trust their numbers. Basically, vaccines don't cause autism.
 Ideoform
Msg: 81
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 6:49:03 PM
This court case was recently unsealed. It decided that a vaccination was the cause of this child's illness.

"BAILEY BANKS, by his father, KENNETH BANKS v. SECRETARY OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES (02-0738V)
Deciding Official: Special Master Abell
Date Filed: 07/20/2007
Case Number: 02-0738V

Non-autistic developmental delay; Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis; Expert Credibility; Evidentiary Reliability; Scientific Validity; Burden of Proof; Causation in Fact; Proximate Causation

"The Court found, supra, that Bailey’s ADEM was both caused-in-fact and proximately caused by his vaccination. It is well-understood that the vaccination at issue can cause ADEM, and the Court found, based upon a full reading and hearing of the pertinent facts in this case, that it did actually cause the ADEM.

Furthermore, Bailey’s ADEM was severe enough to cause lasting, residual damage, and retarded his developmental progress, which fits under the generalized heading of Pervasive Developmental Delay, or PDD. The Court found that Bailey would not have suffered this delay but for the administration of the MMR vaccine, and that this chain of causation was not too remote, but was rather a proximate sequence of cause and effect leading inexorably from vaccination to Pervasive Developmental Delay.

Based upon that finding of fact, it follows as a natural conclusion that Petitioner has carried
his burden of proving to a preponderance that the MMR vaccine at issue actually caused the
condition(s) from which Bailey suffered and continues to suffer."

http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/bailey-banks-his-father-kenneth-banks-v-secretary-health-and-human-services-020738v

Vaccine Court not only protects vaccine makers from liability but supports a policy that has tripled the number of vaccines given to U.S. children – all after being made aware of the fact that these vaccines do, in fact, cause autism and repeatedly ruling in favour of families with children hurt by their vaccines.

This case is the second known case where the Vaccine Court could not deny the overwhelming evidence showing vaccines caused a child's autism. The first was the case of Hannah Poling in March of 2008, where the court found in her favour and awarded her family compensation.

The U.S. government is sending mixed messages by telling the world that vaccines don't cause autism, while at the same time, they are quietly managing a separate vaccine court that is ruling in favour of affected families and finding that vaccines, in fact, were the cause. Why is the government only promoting the rulings that are in favour of the vaccine companies?

Why is a secret court, which no one knows about or understands, quietly paying these families for vaccine injuries and autism? Over the past 20 years, this vaccine court has dispensed close to $2 billion in compensation to families whose children were injured or killed by a vaccine.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 82
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:30:58 PM
Um, that link has NOTHING to do with autism. It's about a kid who allegedly had a seizure as a result of an MMR vaccine. It has been scientifically proven that vaccines don't cause autism, in the report I mentioned above. Please stick to the subject, and try to avoid distracting people with irrelevant information.
 Ideoform
Msg: 83
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:37:13 PM
These are the main ways vaccines are manufactured:

"1. Inactivated or "killed" vaccines: A chemical called formalin is used to kill the disease causing organism, but it still retain the antigen that triggers the body's immune response to create antibodies. Examples of this type of vaccine include the typhoid vaccine and the poliomyelitis vaccine.

2. Acellular vaccines: These vaccines use only the antigenic portion of the pathogen, such as its capsule, flagella, or protein cell wall. The Haemophilus influenzae B (HIB) vaccine is an example of an acellular vaccine. Since these vaccines don't produce a very strong immune response, they require a "booster" shot later on..

3. Attenuated vaccine: This type uses a weakened form or the live disease causing organism and creates the strongest immune response. Examples of attenuated vaccines include the one for measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR). Immunity lasts a lifetime.

4. Toxoid vaccine: The diphtheria and tetanus vaccines are examples of this type of immunization. They are made by using the toxin produced by the pathogen and then reducing its harmful affects with an aluminum salt. Toxoids require periodic booster shots.

5. Mimics: The vaccine for deadly smallpox was created this way by using the similar, but far less virulent, cowpox. In this instance, the immune response to the similar organism is enough to provide immunity.

6. Subunit vaccines: This recombinant DNA technology method of vaccine creation uses the genes of the pathogen that code for the parts of the organism that produce the strongest immune response. The genes are inserted into bacteria or yeast, which mass produce the desired proteins. These pathogenic but non-disease causing molecules can then be isolated, purified and used to produce the vaccine. The Hepatitis B vaccine is created this way."

~ Baltimore Science News Examiner, Mary Spiro

The MMR is a live or weakened form of the disease (weakened = not dead).

Measles virus has been found in the GI tract of Autistic children.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 84
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:54:18 PM

Measles virus has been found in the GI tract of Autistic children.

Yeah, and they probably can find measles virus in the GI tract of non-autistic children. The report I mentioned above pretty conclusively proves that vaccinations don't cause autism. You're grasping at straws here.
 Ideoform
Msg: 85
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 7:56:05 PM

"The July, 2006 issue of Pediatrics has an article regarding a study done in Quebec, where 28,000 children were exposed to different dosages of the measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) vaccine and vaccines containing the mercury-based preservative thimerosal. Researchers found no relationship between MMR vaccine exposure, thimerosal exposure and autism rates.

In fact, a higher incidence of autism was seen in Canadian children vaccinated after thimerosal was eliminated from vaccines than among children who received thimerosal-containing immunizations."

According to what you say here, this study just changed the dosages of a single vaccine. All it really tells you is that the dosage is not important as a factor. This might mean that the weakened viruses were the problem, not the Thimerosal. Although mercury doesn't ever help a person. It is always a poison.

I read that the Thimerosal containing vaccines were never destroyed after being banned. According to this article, there were warehouses full of the vaccine vials and they continued to be given to children until they were used up. Did this study account for that?
 Elmenreich
Msg: 86
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 8:05:57 PM

According to what you say here, this study just changed the dosages of a single vaccine. All it really tells you is that the dosage is not important as a factor. This might mean that the weakened viruses were the problem, not the Thimerosal. Although mercury doesn't ever help a person. It is always a poison.

They included thimerosal. Please read the article again.

I read that the Thimerosal containing vaccines were never destroyed after being banned. According to this article, there were warehouses full of the vaccine vials and they continued to be given to children until they were used up. Did this study account for that?

Of course not. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And, as I've mentioned several times, the tests they did INCLUDED exposing kids to thimerosal. More to the point, since thimerosal is no longer used in vaccinations, why aren't autism rates going down?
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 87
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/10/2009 9:46:06 PM
[In other words, GR found that vacinated children had LESS autism than unvaccinated children]

Not true at all! You would have to compare the INCIDENCE of percentages of the un-vaccinated against those of the vaccinated. Of course this is difficult to do in the US where most children are vaccinated. Also difficult to do in countries where vaccines are not routinely provided, as those countries are not likely to diagnose autism, or many other diseases. The fact remains, while there may or may not be a link between autism & vaccines, more children are protected than are harmed. Again, sacrifice of the few for the good of the many. I do realize it seems heartless, but it is the simple truth.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 88
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/11/2009 11:34:24 AM

Generation Rescue paid a company $200, 000 to conduct a phone poll asking parents of vaccinated, unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children whether their children had any of a variety of developmental disorders.

They published the results as a PDF which - when the data was interpreted - showed that 'partially vaccinated' children had higher rates of autism than vaccinated children and unvaccinated children had the lowest (but not by much, the fully vaccinated and unvaccinated rates were very similar).

The results aren't statistically significant in any way, but GR presents them as if they were by misrepresenting the raw data and only reporting the findings that suit

EXACTLY! Every time a scientific research group does a study on autism, it shows that children who don't get vaccinated get autism just as much as children who do get autism. The only studies that show differently are the ones that are funded by special interests and done by polling agencies with no specialization in child development.

yes and he got more piratin . i told them he had had a vaccine earlyer they said it was common to get high tempreture the rash all over his body was treated with the piratin ,,,,,,, he got calpol for his temp . just lay on the sofa when we got home he would not feed so i expressed milk ........ then my own gp found an ear infection 3 days later antibiotics . it was still there more antibiotics was still there .. he was passing blood also was sent to yorkhill they found an alergy to egg whites . ........... so in his case he should not have had a vaccine in the first case ......... was it all a massive alergic reaction ............................. his eyes i can only say were so dull lifeless .He was a regular attendar at our local play group .......... the women there nearly past out when they seen my son 5 weeks later ............. sat there in the pram flappin his hands in front of his face ..........no words dull eyes lifeless . no intrest in his little friends anns words this is more than hes deaf ................ this is wat was originally thought ....................if only i new then what i do now .............. think yorkhill though he had had an alergic responce to something but it was not the vaccine ....... so they said but he had been admitted after a massive reaction to a cream diprobase ......... yes there was neglagence ...................... no genetic disorders have been found but that was only fragile x and the other conditions nown to cause autism ....................the vaccine did something to him ................. My son is doing so well now . god how afraid i was to try diffrent treatments ........ because he was just so vulnrable ............... I still cant leave him to date go out with friends ........... unless hes with his dad ......... with no answers im terifide this happens again .............. Ihave a wonderfull 8 yr old son now . he jumps all over me for attention hugs me tells me he loves me .................. I treated his bowels with probiotics ... gave him a supplement dmg and vitimins b and d .......... i would not let anyone stick a needle in my child i use challate drops and clay baths ................ the diffrence has even been noticed with the school .......... i no most probiotics are of no use as the gutt is so hostile and this kills of the bacteria .. i got a good one ..................... sunderland univercity told me to remove milk so i did the results you seen in 3 days ............... ....... he still gets very ocassional pain from his bowels ........ his skin is beautifull now and he looks so healthy sparkling eyes again . hes lost years yes but you cant shut him up now .. this is music to my ears ........ he plays with his neice and actully is protective ........... Something horrible did happen that day .......... a mother just nows ............. My own brothers heart stoped after being anestatised in the hospital with shoke we all have alergys ..................... but my sons diagnoses autism actully stops me finding out why .............. im told to acept it ...................... never .........because yes like hannah polin if there is kids out there after vaccines showing illness later diagnosed with autism .............. we all need answers ......... stop it happening ................. maybe there is a condition causing the reaction and it isnt rare ..........

I'm not trying to put you down in any way - my child has autism, too - but that's just impossible to read. If you would compose your messages in sentences and paragraphs, you would get your point across much more clearly.
 Ideoform
Msg: 89
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/14/2009 12:21:26 PM
Katie Wright is the daughter of Suzanne and Bob Wright, a former NBC executive, who started the largest fundraising organization for Autism research called "Autism Speaks" because their grandson, Christian Hildebrand was diagnosed as Autistic.

Autism Speaks has raised a lot of money recently for research on Autism, but nowhere aknowledges biological treatments for Autism and no money goes toward researching any possible environmental components in causes for Autism.

Katie Wright came out on "Imus in the Morning", and publicly stated that she believes her son's Autism was triggered by vaccines and that biological treatments, in fact, were working on her son. She shares her son's story in Chapter 19 of the book "Mother Warriors."
 Ideoform
Msg: 90
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/14/2009 12:45:15 PM
I just wanted to say, that in case people are wondering about what biological treatments for Autism are, the book:

"Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders" by Kenneth Bock and Cameron Stauth

is a good overview of the various types of biological approaches that parents and Doctors are using. I know many parents of children with Autism whose children have improved greatly on these approaches, many of them are in the medical field themselves.

If the only research we are funding with enough money is on genetics, then does this mean that 1 in 100 of all children born in this generation are somehow "genetically defective?"

And if mothers are given a genetic test during pregnancy, will the various Autism genes (there isn't just one gene) be enough of a reason to abort the baby? That's a lot of abortions. Its also genocide. This is eliminating an entire genetic type in our children. What if these genes code for something like intelligence? A lot of Autistic children are very intelligent in specific areas.

I think that funding for genetic research is being focused on for three reasons:

1. If you can find a drug that 1 in 100 children will have to be taking for a lifetime, you have a lifetime source of continuing income for your drug company.

2. If you are a company that manufactures vaccines, and you want to keep on increasing the number of vaccines, that ALL children will have to take, you certainly don't want EVEN ONE of those vaccines to be found unsafe or unreliable for any reason.

3. If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
If all that allopathic medicine has to offer, is mainly drugs and surgery, then the only things researchers are going to get paid to do is figure out a drug or surgical treatment for anything. Researchers already know how to research drugs really, really well, since that is where all the funding is coming from; the sale of drugs. One drug's sales pays for the research of new drugs. And so the researchers are all trained to look for drug solutions, even if the best way to deal with the problem isn't by using a drug.

Wouldn't the best solution of all be to find things that don't require us to give costly drugs to young children, perhaps for the rest of their lives, just so they can deal with something in their environment that didn't exist a generation ago?

Wouldn't the best solution be found by looking at all the possible triggers and influences, not just the ones inside our children?

And furthermore, what if the genes that are found are influenced by the environment (they are "turned on" or "turned off" by various environmental triggers), but we never find this out because we are only looking for a genetic "flaw" and a drug "cure?" And what if it is something as SIMPLE as spacing vaccinations out differently, or combining them differently, or screening out vaccinating children with a lingering cold or allergic reaction, or manufacturing them with one type of process instead of another? Instead of seeing 1 in 100 children as genetically flawed or genetically mutated?

If the problem is triggered by something in a child's environment, and we are looking inside the child for the answer, then who are we hurting? The child.

We should not make our children a pawn in our financial medical games.
 Ideoform
Msg: 91
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/14/2009 5:09:30 PM
“There is a scientist named Boyd Haley, who has actually looked into some of the vaccine ingredients and (1) what happens to nerve cells when you inject them in the lab to specific vaccine ingredients, and (2) what happens to the nerve cells when you keep adding another vaccine ingredient.

He specifically showed that in the presence of thimerosal, there’s a lot of damage to nerve cells. When you add aluminum to the thimerosal, you need less thimerosal to create the damage to the immune and nerve cells in the presence of aluminum.

Then when you add neomycin – an antibiotic in some of the vaccines – it potentiates the potency of nerve cell damage with aluminum and mercury together.

And when you culture the nerve cells and testosterone, versus estrogen, and you expose them to some of the vaccine ingredients like thimerosal, you actually see that the nerve cells that are exposed to testosterone are more damaged in greater amounts than the nerve cells that are bathed in estrogen.

That raises some concern because we do see that children with neurodevelopmental disorders are 4:1, boys to girls.

So you have to question whether testosterone actually makes children more vulnerable to exposure to toxins like mercury, aluminum or their combination?

None of these studies have been done in humans. People say, “We can’t do those studies.” And I say, “Why not?” They say, “It’s unethical.”

I say, “Well, if it’s unethical to do those studies on vaccine ingredients and combining them together, then it’s unethical to give the vaccines in general.”

So we’re missing a lot of important data that we won’t believe, and we’re also missing a lot of important data that we won’t accumulate because most of the studies that are done are by the manufacturers of the vaccines themselves.”

~ Dr. Palevsky is a board certified Pediatrician, Dr. Palevsky received his medical degree from the NYU School of Medicine in 1987, completed a three-year Pediatric residency at The Mount Sinai Hospital in NYC in 1990, and served as a pediatric fellow in the ambulatory care out-patient department at Bellevue Hospital, NYC, from 1990-1991. Since 1991, his clinical experience includes working in Pediatric emergency and intensive care medicine, in-patient and out-patient Pediatric medicine, neonatal intensive care medicine, newborn and delivery room medicine, and conventional, holistic and integrative Pediatric private practice at the Center for Health & Healing.
 Ideoform
Msg: 92
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/14/2009 5:45:48 PM
Re post 403:

"According to what you say here, this study just changed the dosages of a single vaccine. All it really tells you is that the dosage is not important as a factor. This might mean that the weakened viruses were the problem, not the Thimerosal. Although mercury doesn't ever help a person. It is always a poison.

They included thimerosal. Please read the article again.

"I read that the Thimerosal containing vaccines were never destroyed after being banned. According to this article, there were warehouses full of the vaccine vials and they continued to be given to children until they were used up. Did this study account for that?"

Of course not. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And, as I've mentioned several times, the tests they did INCLUDED exposing kids to thimerosal. More to the point, since thimerosal is no longer used in vaccinations, why aren't autism rates going down?"

I just read this article. They didn't mention anywhere that the use of thimerosal containing vaccines were being distributed to children after the ban. They simply assumed that the thimerosal was not in those vaccinated after 1996. You would have to look elsewhere for this information.

They didn't expose anyone with "tests." This study was done with interviews and calculations of reported data. Giving children Thimerosol as a test would be unethical. This study was done entirely with a "survey" method. Nobody drew blood from children to look for Thimerosol, and nobody manipulated vaccination schedules. They simply made calculations based on the type of vaccination schedules people were already using.

"The cumulative exposure by age 2 years to thimerosal was calculated for 1987–1998 birth cohorts. Ethylmercury exposure ranged from medium (100–125 µg) from 1987 to 1991 to high (200–225 µg) from 1992 to 1995 to nil from 1996 onwards when thimerosal was entirely discontinued.

Measles-mumps-rubella coverage for each birth cohort was estimated through surveys of vaccination rates.

The immunization schedule included a measles-mumps-rubella single dose at 12 months of age up to 1995, and a second measles-mumps-rubella dose at 18 months of age was added on after 1996.

A statistically significant linear increase in pervasive developmental disorder prevalence was noted during the study period."

~from: http://pediatrics.aappublications.org, PEDIATRICS Vol. 118 No. 1 July 2006, pp. e139-e150

As you can see from this quote, the comparison was made between one and two doses of MMR, the last one of which was done after 1996, which they themselves state, was after the ban, and so the two doses would not have contained more Thimerosol than just the first dose alone. (Unless, of course the second doses contained Thimerosol because they were given doses that had been warehoused after the ban. But they don't mention factoring in this possibility. That would be beyond the scope of this study, if they weren't aware of this possibility.)

This is why I said that any increase in illness over those years was likely due to the increased exposure to the live virus, not the Thimerosol doses.
 Ideoform
Msg: 93
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/14/2009 5:48:30 PM
Oh, and furthermore, with what preservative did they substitute Thimerosol in the vaccines given after 1996?

The usual substitutes are often poisonous themselves, and in a similar fashion as mercury. Such as Aluminum.
 SoccerChick03
Msg: 94
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/14/2009 7:16:14 PM
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/14/Expert-Pediatrician-Exposes-Vaccine-Myths.aspx

My apologies if this article has already been referenced. If not, more to ponder....
 Elmenreich
Msg: 95
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/18/2009 6:42:19 PM
there are 2 many vaccines now .

No, there aren't. Vaccines don't cause autism at all, and they prevent serious diseases.

I just read this article. They didn't mention anywhere that the use of thimerosal containing vaccines were being distributed to children after the ban. They simply assumed that the thimerosal was not in those vaccinated after 1996. You would have to look elsewhere for this information.

They didn't expose anyone with "tests." This study was done with interviews and calculations of reported data. Giving children Thimerosol as a test would be unethical.

Well, they did give differing amounts of Thimerosol as a test, whether you think it's unethical or not. The testing took place in Canada, where Thimerosol is still being used. That's the whole point of the tests. Despite America using Thimerosol and Canada not, there's been no reduction in rates of autism in America.

And the conspiracy theory about American companies using Thimerosolic vaccines simply doesn't hold water. There's no evidence for it, and the supposed "warehouses" that were full of Thimerosolic vaccines easily could have been emptied by selling those vaccinations to Canada or Western Europe.
 Elmenreich
Msg: 96
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/20/2009 1:12:58 AM

I totally agree with you I have three children who are autistic. Was it imunizations with mercury? We don't know. I do have my suspisions. I have four children one of them did not receive imunizations the way they are normally adminisered I spread them out. She is fine the rest received imunizations clunped together how the doctors do it now a days. I have been contacted by many lawyers to pursue a law suit. but, It entittles my children to undergo many tests. It's too late I don't want my children to go through all the stress the testing entittles. If it were to make my children normal again I would do it in a heart beat but not for money. It's not worth it. My kids are doing very well I work very hard with my children and every day I see progress. I'ts great! By the grace of God this is all possible.

Don't make your kids go through those tests. Most of those class-action lawsuits are scams to get parents of autistic kids to waste money on tests that prove nothing. I'm the father of an autistic boy, so I know how hard it is, but you have to know that immunizations have nothing to do with it. Kids who don't get immunized become autistic at the same rate as kids who do get immunized. Thimerosol, which supposedly caused the autism, is still being used around the world, and the rates of autism in countries that use thimerosol are virtually identical to the rates in America.
 Ideoform
Msg: 97
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/23/2009 7:35:52 PM
I can say that DMG works for my son. We began giving it to him when he was four, and he is 16 now. One time when we ran out of it and didn't get more for about 10 days, he developed a seizure-like symptom which went away after we resumed giving it to him. Its very mild in the way it works, and it tastes good enough that he just chews the tablets. I recommend a trial of DMG or TMG to all the parents of Autistic children I meet. That is how I found out about it, through another parent. That parent said that their child was non-verbal until they tried DMG with him and he began to talk a few words at a time within a day.

Parents of children with disabilities have some of the best information I have found. We have to live with it, so we are very motivated to find what works, and also only want what's best for our children. Doctors seem to think there is all the time in the world to wait to see if research can come up with the answers, but parents are in the trenches every day dealing with this, and our children's lives are at stake.

You are right, don't trust people that come to you with expensive treatments. People can sense desperation in parents. I have heard about all kinds of crazy treatments over the years that have come and gone... I have always talked to other parents about them first, and usually I waited a year or so to watch the outcome with their kids before risking my money and our families precious time on things that have no scientific proof backing them up.

Sometimes the ones that didn't sound that promising or were too expensive, turned out to actually help (like Auditory Integration Therapy, for instance.) I would put them at the bottom of a long list of various things I had heard about, and when I got around to trying some of them after a few years, I was surprised to find that they did help. Nothing seemed to be an outright cure by itself, though. But a combination of things, both biological and theraputic, have led to his eventual recovery (not cured, but he's doing really well.)

I only add one thing at a time, so that I can know what is working and what isn't. There aren't a lot of other kids to compare him with, and so I do it like an experiment with only one participant. I do one thing for long enough to give it a chance to really work, then take it away for a few weeks and then add it back again. I keep notes and ask others to observe him, without telling them what I am adding or when. With the DMG, I added it until the package was finished, then waited an equivalent amount of time without it, then added it back again and compared the notes from teachers and therapists to see if the treatment made a difference. DMG was one of those that consistently worked for him. The changes were subtle at first, and that is the value of taking notes and having other people to observe him that didn't know what I was doing so they wouldn't be biased.
 big pacific
Msg: 98
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 11/24/2009 12:08:26 PM
Then delmom, how do you account for the same % of children developing autism when they weren't vaccinated?
 rockondon
Msg: 99
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 2/3/2010 9:50:51 AM
Sadly, the stage where autism is so often identified also happens to be the same time of a child's life when they get their childhood vaccine. This naturally leads to parents blaming the vaccine. This is especially common when autism presents itself by the child showing regression. For example, on page 1 someone mentioned...
Until you see a child go from being completley normal (talking, social, functioning) to completley non-verbal (not talking and normally not responding) and not functioning a few weeks after immunizations, you should not state it is rediculous.
Which is a common way for autism to manifest.

It simply makes no sense to think that a vaccine (or thimerosal, mercury, or whatever) causes autism. Take for example the fact that siblings of those with autism are 25 times more likely to have autism than the general population - this clearly shows a genetic component to the cause of autism, not a vaccine one. The vaccine doesn't invade the trillions of cells and change the DNA in each of them to make children autistic.

It may feel better for some people to demonize vaccines as the ones to blame for autism, but it isn't the cause.
 rockondon
Msg: 100
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 2/3/2010 11:12:47 AM

Secondly, there is a possible genetic predisposition, not necessarily familial, which explains why boys are affected more than girls. The rest... it is not possible to have a genetic epidemic
I agree about the boys being affected more than girls. Here's something I found...
Boys are affected four times more often than girls. Despite this relatively high frequency, scientists do not understand the mechanism of this serious developmental problem. What they have discovered is that autism is one of the most heritable mental disorders known. In other words, autism appears to be largely genetic in origin, and most autistic children inherit the disorder from their parents.
http://www.actionbioscience.org/genomic/dougherty.html

Bear in mind that I'm not ruling out environmental factors because I definately think they play a role. Nobody knows all the causes of autism but the evidence definately shows a strong genetic component.
It also mentions:
With sophisticated statistical techniques and numerous twin studies, behavioral geneticists now believe that as much as 90 percent of the behavioral phenotype of autism is related to inherited genes.

In any case, the evidence shows no correlation between vaccines and autism.
 freetime2bme
Msg: 101
view profile
History
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 4/13/2010 12:21:16 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/04/13/specter.denying.science/index.html?hpt=C1

It doesn't seem to matter how often vaccines are proved safe or supplements are shown to offer nothing of value. When people don't like facts, they ignore them.

Check out the link watch the video, Vaccines are not the problem!!!
 ohwhynot46
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Flu vaccination ban goes national after fever, convulsions in children
Posted: 5/27/2010 7:34:52 PM
One would imagine that the only way to answer the question would be to determine if autism occurs at the same rate in unvaccinated children as in vaccinated children. I admit that I believe that the truth is that advocates in either direction will find a way to discount those studies. For me, I have, over the years, come to believe that genetics plays the largest part in any "disorder". I also believe in the "diagnosis of the week". I have been hesitant to run to vaccinate my children where vaccinations are fairly new, but I have doctors I trust, do a bit of research, and trust my own instincts; all of my children have been vaccinated and have suffered no ill effects that anyone can determine. Certainly autism is a fascinating disorder, and it will be most interesting to watch the developments in the years to come.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 107
vaccines=autism?????
Posted: 6/21/2012 5:18:41 PM
takeu2funkytown- This is NOT true and as a nurse and a mom, I get on a soap box about this, so excuse me, but......
Vaccines do NOT cause autism!
Autism, as of yet, has no specific cause, but I am convinced it's not vaccines.
There is WAY to much information for me to go into detail about neurological disorders, but when a cause is found I am sure it will turn out to be neurological in origin.
Children with Autism can not process or express external stimuli like the rest of us do. It's like being trapped inside your head. Some function at high levels and can talk and do things for themselves but usually have no social filter and decision making is difficult, at the low end of function they are non verbal and require constant care and supervision.
No one is going to convince me that the small amount of mercury contained in vaccines (the reason some believe vaccines cause autism) can cause something so complex.
There is FAR more danger in NOT getting your children vaccinated than there is in having it done. Can you say small pox?!
People, PLEASE, do NOT listen to this nonsense. Get your children vaccinated, it's the right thing to do.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >