Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > The War on Drugs Is a SCAM      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 acosta99
Msg: 19
The War on Drugs Is a SCAMPage 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
no thoughts
 ricburts
Msg: 24
The War on Drugs Is a SCAM
Posted: 5/8/2005 1:39:04 PM
Look we're doing everything we can to outlaw smoking here because of the economic impact that the health problems related from tobacco use are causing despite the fact we tax the hell out of the products. There is no doubt in my mind that for many marijuana is a gateway, for some it may not be but I firmly believe that you'll see an increase in the use of other harder drugs. As for the crime wave you'll see it when the harder drugs become mor widely used. Look at all the indentity theft we have now. Did you know a majority of that is drug users. So look for it multiply by leaps and bounds should drugs become legal. As for whats better Alchohol or pot in my mind it's achohol just because of what I've been through but I also have to be honest I have never used pot so i can not tell you. But I will say this as much as I enjoy a beer with guys if they outlawed alchohol tommorow it really wouldn't offend me.
 indicalover
Msg: 25
Posted: 5/8/2005 5:02:30 PM
You know, while we're fighting about all these wars on drugs, what about the stuff we have legal. Like cigarettes. I mean how many diseases and cancers come from those. Even the second hand smoke. Now, don't get me wrong you smokers, because I smoke. But damn, for throwing people in jail for something like pot(in most states) is ludacris to me when it's not even physically addictive. "They" say that nicotine is harder to kick than herion. Why is it even legal? I hate these taxes and laws they put upon the smokers, and I guess that's another thread, but everyone knows smoking is bad for you. Like terrible for you. In just a guess, I would say that tobbacco related deaths every year far out number any other drug related death. I guess, because so much money is made form these taxes, and what not. And when people ask me why I smoke, I shrug and say, "Hey, it's my government sponsored addiction." I don't really want my smokes to be illegal, it just doesn't make any sense to me what we have made legal, vs. illegal.
 ricburts
Msg: 27
Posted: 5/9/2005 9:32:05 AM
Are trying to convince us or yourself? I've seen pot act as a gateway. I've seen first hand the trouble harder drugs cause. The crime wave is gonna be caused by schmucks who have no job because of their use and can't afford to buy them anymore the government still isnt going to give them away. You do what you want in Canada but I'm fighting to keep the U.S. drug free. Hemp smokers are more cautious than what when driving? PLease don't tell me a sober person because the bottom line is YOU ARE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF A CHEMICAL! You shouldn't be driving. I'm sorry but I don't feel safe leaving my kids out at the bus stop knowing there is a stoned person driving through the neighborhood. But as long as you can explain your own use to yourself and feel good about it trewq36 good for you.
 ricburts
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/9/2005 9:53:49 AM
Okay Jack lets think like a person with a brain here for a second Do you really believe that the speed pilots use allows them better reaction time than without? Steriods make atheles more aggresive and no I don't condone any one driving under the influence of anything.

If Pot doesn't make people hopelessly addicted you can quit right? I mean after all it's illegal. Infact if you all quit then there wouldn't need to be a war on drugs and we could stop this whole charade. Look your breaking the law and risking police contact every time you use or purchase marijuana, you risk losing your job if your caught using marijuana, you get defensive when I talk bad about marijuana, your actually trying to reason out why it's okay that you use marijuana sounds like your addicted to me.

Jack and each other user after you began using marijuana have you ever tried a harder drug? Answer this to yourself no one but you needs to know. If your answer is yes than I'm gonna say pot was your gateway. It was your gateway into a situation where that drug was available, your gateway into thinking you could handle it, Your gateway into thinking drug use is okay. It's not your breaking the law and the people who care about you, your braking thier hearts. Stop being so selfish and look at with some perspective there is nothing good comming from your use.
 viceguy2
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/9/2005 9:56:25 AM
Great insight Watchman...on this and other issues (abortion)...God bless!
 shannanigan
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:18:46 AM

Do you really believe that the speed pilots use allows them better reaction time than without?

Not to mention speed also gives you a short attention span.
No thanks, I'll take my pilots on normal, responsible reaction times

ricburts
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:29:14 AM
I'm sorry but my life experiences have made it so I abhor drugs. I can not with a clean conscience say yep there's a grand idea lets start selling drugs wholesale and legally throughout our neighborhoods. I don't believe that allowing pot to be sold in stores is going to cut down on the harder drugs, and I think once you legalize pot your going to open a Pandoras box for other drugs to be legalized. Just look at the real name of the thread "war against drugs a scam". Not a war against pot a war against all drugs. I also believe that once we legalize these items if we should find out that it's a terrible idea and we should stop allowing the legal sale that you will never get the genie back in the bottle. I believe you'll see the same results then that we saw in the days of Prohibition. So before we ever legalize it we better know damn well what we are doing.
 shannanigan
Msg: 32
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:37:03 AM
Prohibition simply made Bootleggers rich and gave rise to organized crime.
Just like making drugs illegal makes Dealers rich... it does nothing to
stop drug use.

If we are going to make Pot illegal, then Alcohol should also be illegal.
It kills more innocent people than pot smoking... there is no comparison
between those two. Drinking Alcohol is much worse, but its completely legal.

That said, I think drugs are totally lame. I've watched too many friends
die from heroin, addicted to cocaine, "brain dead" from smoking pot... but
I've also seen so many more people destroy thier lives with booze.
 ricburts
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:38:12 AM
Perhaps Jack we are just going to have to agree to disagree
 ricburts
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:40:20 AM
I've also said that if they take booze away it won't break my heart. I agree the negative effects these chemicals have on people is doing nothing but dragging our society down.
 eccentric
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/9/2005 10:54:37 AM
Hitler was very against smoking and drinking

He said you have a duty to stay healthy, that you had no rights to your own body, and that it belonged to the state.
 eccentric
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/9/2005 7:09:26 PM
My point being that the state has no right to stop me from destroying my own body
 indicalover
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/14/2005 6:01:24 PM
@Shan- I agree with you again. This is scaring me... Alcohol kills alot more people. Prohibition is bad.

I've done other drugs beofore. The gateway wasn't pot, though. It was a girl I knew named Christine. Who didn't smoke pot, either. But I don't like those drugs. I like to just smoke. And if pot was SUCH a bad thing, then there wouldn't be states trying to make it legal for medicinal use.There wouldn't be a movement to get the federal government out of that picture, and let the states decide whether or not to use it medicinally. (please go to www.norml.org to sign the petition for those that are for it!!)

What drives me mad are the states like Florida that have a zero tolerance for drugs classifing crack as bad as pot. Sorry, but it's just not the same ballpark. Not the same sport, even. I don't like that my tax dollars are going towards incarcerating potheads. And I mean just the ones who smoke pot, not necessarily the ones who use other drugs. Possession, which is illegal in all states according to the federal govt., in my opinion should be a ticketabl;e offence, like speeding. I'm not sure what the laws are in other states ,but in Oklahoma where I'm originally from you can practically get a million DUI's before your license is revoked, and or doing jail time. But get caught with something like a couple grams (keeping in mind that in Okie land, you get really crappy stuff with alot of seeds, so it's not realy that much) you go to jail. You do not collect $200.
 ivychevy
Msg: 38
Posted: 5/16/2005 8:33:36 AM
Hi
I have worked with many teens and the issue is always the same - as long as they have access to them they will try them ! The rate at which they are available now these days is incredible here in Canada! Way too many kids are doing the hard drugs - if drugs were legal - it just may cut down on the availability to kids - something has to be done to save these children - these are the kids who will be taking care of me when I go into a retirement home someday - very scary thought !

How do we try to save them from this awful life of drug induced thinking ? I like the fact of legalization.
 SelfSufficient
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/3/2006 4:41:29 PM
Of course its a scam with the CIA and federa government being the biggest importer of illegal drugs into the country. Tha is not even taking into account that the was on drugs is itself illegal and unconstituional. If the alcohol prohibition took a constitutional amendment they wh didn't the war on drugs?

I usually ask someone that is for the war on drugs the question:

How much violence are you personaly comfortable with using to keep someone from smoking a joint?

Somtimes that makes a light go on in their head.... sometimes not.
 sd_matt
Msg: 40
Posted: 8/14/2006 9:04:35 PM
Left and Right will debate all day yet they fall for the same bottle of placebos.

One is Gun Control and the other is The War on Drugs.

Method; Take an object or substance and assign it human qualities. Then make it more illegal. Avoid people with first hand experience..ie..police who have spent time on the street or people from AA or NA who have openly talked about their "gateway" into abuse. Be sure not to ask those people who have first hand experience for solutions. And be sure to assume that all alcoholics and addicts want to stop. And assume that all gun owners are criminals. Remember always to generalize.
 SoTexMan
Msg: 41
Posted: 8/14/2006 9:42:21 PM
Hey, all:

Yes, the War on Drugs is a scam. Part of the larger private professional prison industry. Ever heard of the Privatization Network? No?

Try this:

http://www.privatemanagement.net/

Welcome to the world of companies RUNNING PRISONS FOR PROFIT in the U.S.!

On all levels--city, county, state, Federal, even international.

And of course, a growing business needs plenty of customers, therefore, among others, criminal penalties for drug use, possession, etc., on all levels from supposedly outraged legislators on all levels.

As far as I am concerned all of them are corporate whores who practice the worst form of prostitution possible.

And the public pays. It is called the corporate oligarchy. Vote the mother fu ckers out.

David

Messages done with sustainable energy, with Wind and Sun!
 LoonyTunz
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2007 9:27:19 PM
OP on the Government side you forgot the CIA actually running drugs ... a bit contradictory for a government to decry illegal drugs while at the same time profiting from them. As long as everyones attention is focused on any heatted topic that they have no intention of solving it is easier to do as they please and not raise much fuss.

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/blum1.html
 maxxoccupancy
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2007 5:49:21 PM
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition www.leap.cc has a lot of good information on the Drug War. Spain, Italy, and Luxembourg have decriminalized most drugs, and their crime rates have declined. They still have drug use and addiction, but no illegal drug traffic. Portugal and Holland have effectively decriminalized all drugs, and their respective crime rates have declined even more. Britain, Canada, and Switzerland are now approaching the drug problem as a medical, rather than a criminal problem, though they maintain the illegal traffic.

In America, the Drug War was launched in 1968, and stepped up in 1970, 1983, and 1990, all followed by major crime increases. Just as with alcohol prohibition, the illegal traffic causes more problems than the drug itself. Drugs hurt the drug users, while drug prohibition is hurting and killing innocent bystanders. I've heard from police chiefs who would arrest every drug dealer in town, only to have the demand filled by dangerous gangs.

Thousands of innocent people have been killed in botched drug raids, high speed chases, and gang violence that never happened before the war on drugs. Thousands more have had their homes raided, while more have been imprisoned--even people who've never had anything to do with drugs. Inner city neighborhoods have been turned upside down, and civil liberties have been torn up. Respect for the rule of law has been lost, and whole police departments and federal agencies have been corrupted.

I am supporting Ron Paul's presidential campaign because he is talking about the drug war. He has consistently worked in Congress to try to give the states back their sovereignty, and their ability to deal with local drug and crime issues.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > The War on Drugs Is a SCAM