Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 the_woodmizer
Msg: 2
Lansing pof partyPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
If you do host a party in Lansing, My personal oppion is to have it after the first of the year and make a list of all who is planning on attending that way you will have a count on how big of a place you will need. Either way I'm in Flint so Count Me In...... Let me know when where and how........ Bob
 innocentantic
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Lansing pof party
Posted: 12/3/2006 8:33:41 PM
I was e-mailed something from the Cleveland/Columbus people. They were advertising a Cleveland PoF get together. I considered going, but no one that was RSVP'ed was from SE MI, so it seemed kind of pointless.

The email came from customercare@plentyoffish.com. I don't know if it was some kind of "official" party, or someone in Ohio just requested PoF to advertise, but if you decide on a date and time, can you ask customercare to e-mail everyone within driving distance to go? I'm from the Detroit-area, but I'd likely come to Lansing for a get-together if it was well-attended.
 Confident-Realist
Msg: 32
Lansing pof party
Posted: 12/11/2006 1:20:11 PM
Well, considering the fact that there is a GR party on the 13th, you probably would want to schedule it not until February 3rd... that gives plenty of time to people to get in on it.

Now, just as one woman said, about wanting to watch the demographics of how many 50-somethings are going, I have a solution... Since most people won't go to a party unless enough people are going, it makes it easy for a party not to kick off, even when there's a good number of people willing to go. Here's what ya can do -- have 2 categories:

1) People willing to go, if enough people in their age group are possibly going to go. Like signing up, this can be displayed... so you know that there IS interest brewing, and you don't have to be scared of actually signing up for something. No pressure in doing this!

2) People who have solidly confirmed that they WILL go. Once they see there is enough interest in their age group, they can then give an official confirmation.

Just my thoughts!
 bastet11191967
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Lansing pof party
Posted: 12/12/2006 8:05:49 AM
It would work better for me after the holidays are over, especially since I have to attend a convention in Louisville at the end of this month.
 the_woodmizer
Msg: 35
Lansing pof party
Posted: 12/26/2006 10:02:08 PM
MSINDEPENDENT 1 Might just have the right Idea....... the other problem that we could have here in Lansing is that Saginaw Bay City and Midland are trying to plan one and I suggested to go for around the 14th of Febuary........ 10th or 13th. It is not something to just say lets meet. There is some planing in getting the place to meet and greet, along with possibly rooms for the long distant drivers. Head count is a must for large crowds at most places. Same for the rooms to be garanteed availibility. Either way try and count me in, because I feel more of these I attend the better chances I just might find HER....
 RedHeadedRodney
Msg: 37
Lansing pof party
Posted: 11/9/2007 9:51:01 AM
You guys are making too much work out of this...

Just make it at a club that is normally open and do it on a friday when they are not so busy..

Or even on a sunday earlier in the day.

No extra cost... Already there and they would love to have a few extra patrons..

If you do it on a saturday you will be competing with alot of other things going on.. Maybe not as many people can go but thing is it also wont be as crowded either...
Show ALL Forums  > Michigan  >