Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Krystalray
Msg: 276
Do women really want a nice guy?Page 12 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
My profile is very specific in what Iam looking for,so I seem to find nice guys,but then again,I write what I want and dont want,that seems to weed out the bad ones! works for me!And I like nice guys,always have!
 yuletide
Msg: 277
Do women really want a nice guy?
Posted: 5/6/2007 9:06:53 PM
Wow, this thread is still going. I wrote it over two years ago. I have found some women who like nice guys. Unfortunately for me, I haven't found the right one for me.
 lovefish71
Msg: 278
Posted: 5/7/2007 5:33:15 AM
Yes, by far and large women will and do go for the nice guy.
AS LONG AS he also meets the following:
TALL (over 5'11")
VERY well built
VERY, VERY handsome (angular features, perfect complexion, perfect teeth)
Has no more than one child from a previous relationship (preferably none)
Has no more than one divorce on record (preferably none)

And, I'm tempted to add; proof of a net monetary worth in the form of a very nice car and a big house that you either own outright, or have proof of an existing mortgage agreement.

Does this guy exist? Sure, he does. He's either married to Barbie, or gay. But, he certainly isn't on the internet looking for a girlfriend or wife.
 MetalIce
Msg: 279
Posted: 5/16/2007 9:50:32 AM
Well I have to agree on many points made through out this post that time has yet to defeat. I'm a nice guy and damn proud of it. but you know what I find interesting I've met up with maybe 3 - 4 people on here in the past (been quite a while though since I met anyone on this site) well I meet up date goes great dinner, movie, ice creame, beach, whatever we decided was a good plan. Well evening comes to an end it's that make or break point where she eigther shoots you down or shows interest in a continuation (which sometimes is a lie to escape without an emotional situation) And the few times I've been shot down the line "Too nice" pops out... One time I actualy inquired how someone can be "too nice" the girl stumbled on her words and couldn't come up with an answer, so I interupted her saying, "look, I'm a nice guy, I like to make people happy, but by all means I know how to have fun and enjoy a good time, however; if you want a guy who's gonna occasionaly slap you, call you a pig, or be down right nasty to you, though I could try to compromise I'm not that kind of guy, and honestly if you need that kind of drama in your life, I don't think I'm right for you, and honestly think you should seek help."

She looked down at her shoes as if she felt guilty about something, but I simply appologized for putting her on the spot and said, "When you go home ask yourself what you are looking for in a man, ask your female friends, and listen to the answers, it will be something along the lines of a nice, decent, honest, caring or romantic guy, who also knows how to have fun. After you hear that remember that the nice guy is going to try and get to know you a little before he puts himself out there so he doesn't hurt you or himself, and then remember tonight. It's too late for me, but next time you go out with someone who is Too Nice, and get ready to turn him down for it, slap yourself for being silly and give him a chance to show you nice isn't all that he is" At wish point I wished her a good night turned around and left, I felt bad about it but she turned around a few weeks down the road and thanked me an apologized, she told me she had been very stupid and that shock woke her up and she was very happy with the guy she had found who was a good hearted person. I told her your welcome and appologized for being a****about it that I was very frustrated at that time and that I was happy for her.

After hanging up the phone I sat with a bitter sweet feeling, I had helped her find happiness, yet, here I was still sitting in my empty apartment wishing to find a girl who had woken up as she had... I've never done that to anyone since, but I've also not met anyone online since who told me "too nice" I try to meet it half way, I'm still the nice guy I was but I try to be a little more proactive in letting a person know I'm not 100% nice guy, I have a fun loving side too... so far it's not gotten me far, but honestly I don't know what else to do.

hey girls looking for a nice guy "Pick me!" (sorry had to, just teasing around)
 sasha37
Msg: 280
Posted: 5/17/2007 1:25:12 PM
WELL I HAVE ENJOYED READING ALL THE RESPOSENS TO NICE GUY'S

LET ME TELL YOU A LITTLE STORY STARTED JUNE 15 2006 MY WIFE OF 11 YEARS CALLED AND TOLD ME THAT SHE PACKED HER THINGS UP AND WAS LEAVING ME FOR ANOTHER MAN .SICE THAN GOT DEVORICED WENT COURT IDON'T KNOW 10OR12 TIMES TOOK MY KID'S TO HEAD DOUCTOR BUT ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS I KEPT A GREAT BIG SMILE "LADY'S DIDNOT DRINK OR DRUG'S THROUGH THE HOLE TING"JUST TOOK CARE OF MY TWO KID'S . SO MY POINT TO THIS LETTERIS THIS I WAS AND STILL THAT GOOD GUY ALL OF YOU LADY'S KEEP REFERING TO .AND YOU ARE RIGHT SHE IS SO SOTOO LATE SECOND TIMME IT HAPEND AND WANTS TO COME HOME 1 YEARLATER .SO DON'T THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES THAT WANT AGOOD PERSON IAM 37 AND ON A JURNEY LOOKING FOR MY SOUL MATE AND IT NOT ALL ABOUT THE LOOK'S BUT IHAVE GOT LIKE THE WAY YOULOOK. MY X WIFE WAS260 AND ILOVED HER SO ITIS NOT THE SIZE OR EYEHAIR COLOR ITS JUST WHEN IT HAPPENSYOU WILL KNOW IT

THE BEST THING I CAN WRITE IS THIS GOOD LUCK GOOD LUCK GOOODLUCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRIAN
 Dmarie57
Msg: 281
Posted: 5/17/2007 4:03:50 PM
I totally agree in that many men on the web say they are "nice" guys, but when you finally get into them, either mentally or physically, they become the "bad boy" who wants nothing more than a "friends with benefits" type relationship. Oh, I am not saying that a man who wants that type of relationship is NOT a nice guy, it's just that he is a bit of a "wanderer" who can't "stay in one place" but has a "good heart". There are many out there. And women, yes, they want a "nice guy" but a nice guy that can keep them interested -- albeit a "bad boy" persona.... got it? so the nice guy has to be somewhat of a bad boy to him to keep the "good gal" interested. Suffice it to say, it's like this: A man who has a "classy woman" on his arm but a "whore" in bed.....well let's say a woman wants a "nice boy" on HER arm, but the "baddest boy in bed....!!! It is the same for both sexes, wouldn't you agree???
 Dmarie57
Msg: 282
Posted: 5/26/2007 8:58:53 PM
Honestly, yes, we women want a nice guy, but we also want a bit of a "bad boy" who has grown up and has realized that it is time to "slow down" and smell the roses. So when my bad boy flirts, looks, daydreams, etc. about women the way that a bad boy does, what makes him settled is that no matter what is on his mind, he comes home and "takes it out on me". So the key here is that men, bad boys or not, never change but might modify their behavior as they age.
 LisaDelicious
Msg: 283
Posted: 6/4/2007 12:39:22 PM
Gosh I guess I want it all just like a Man,Gentlemen in public and an animal in the bedroom..........lol
 maureeng945
Msg: 284
Posted: 11/23/2007 2:53:49 PM
It goes both ways, I guess I wanted to say. I have met a few men in my time that also suffer from the "past rejection" or "pain" that a woman can cause. One thing that I have learned over my past years of dating......Trust is a must! Truth is very seldom told.....And may all the mean people of the world that take advantage of kind hearts? Suffer the effects of Karma ;) lol Not all people r the same.....and for that? Never give up hope.

Maureen
 maureeng945
Msg: 285
Posted: 11/23/2007 2:54:27 PM
Good one! HAHAHAHHAAHHAAA! Question is.........Is he still married? hehe
 agapenow
Msg: 286
Posted: 11/23/2007 8:17:48 PM
Yes, I really would like a nice guy!
 coolmuso
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2007 9:01:33 PM
Action speaks louder than words. Some women say they like nice guys, but in real life, many more of them want a 'project' guy. A guy who is bad, but they will love him into being better. A guy who needs fixing. He just needs love. After all, look around. Nice guys sit home alone, while aggressive, abusive jerk types ALWAYS have someone to abuse. There are alot of sick people out there. Why do you think jerk/bad boy seekers will go right from one jerk to the next? They will cry on the shoulder of a nice guy friend, but give their love to the jerk. So, dont be so nice!
 SOUTHPUP
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2007 4:44:53 AM
I have some evidence to prove you wrong. I've recently met a very amazing and wonderful woman from this site. It's taken time to find her as I've had quite a few dates with the type you're referring to. But that's OK, I know what I want in life and I'm not about to settle for anything less. So if it takes time, then what do you have to lose .....except half of everything you have when the one you settled for divorces you or vice versa. I look at it this way, There are a lot of woman out in this world who are indeed attracted to the bad boy type, but that's their mindset. Do you really want to have a serious relationship with someone like that? I doub it, so you keep looking. Eventualy you will find the woman of your dreams and she's going to absolutely love you for being a nice guy. She'll appreciate the lil romantic things you do for her. She'll be the one who wants to grow old with you. She'll rock your world like none of the bad girl types ever could in a million years! And she'll be the most beautiful woman you've ever laid your eyes on. Patience, it will come when you least expcect it. Till then don't lower yourself to the level of some of the arrogant, uncaring men who always seem, in your eyes, to have the good looking woman on their arm. Chances are that's she's just like he is.
 Mr. Ivan
Msg: 289
Posted: 2/16/2008 9:22:34 AM
I'm a nice guy who will let the EVIL side of me come out once in a while. I think that's what women like even if they say they don't. Because if you're always nice, you'll seem fake.

LisaMarie42
Msg: 290
Posted: 2/16/2008 12:34:10 PM
I think all women want a mixture of naughty & nice ...just like us

Peace, Love & Fat Girl Smooches,

Lisa
 Cajun3149
Msg: 291
Posted: 2/16/2008 2:36:17 PM
I'm always nice and even nice when I'm bad.
 Chris Lozada
Msg: 292
Posted: 2/16/2008 5:56:20 PM
hears what i know about women and the hole "BAD " NICE " guy intrist

women r more atracted to bad guys more of the time then nice guys 4 a reason,

that one week out of the month youl hav a better chance of being a nice guy and getting a date,,,,,,,y you ask? wen women r ovulating thayd rather hav a man that can cunfert them through the emotinal proses of having a chield, alsoe wen a women is ovulating thear face slightly becoms more semetrical and more flush

the rest of those 3 weeks women wont a man that can provide and ceep her famly safe , wen man used to liv of the land we had to be tough and in a scenc " STREET SMART"

"NICE GUYS" all i hav to say is ceep dooing what your dooing, jus work out or do somthing that makes you produce more testosterone, men with more of this harmone r usualy the "BAD GUYS"
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 293
Posted: 2/21/2008 3:03:25 PM
^^^^^^ huh? Did ANY of that make ANY "cents" ???

Women want a man. A man can be nice and a man can be a bad boy. Real men know the difference and know when to take each role.

Women dont want a pushover, a lap dog nor a doormat. Too often men act like loosing her would be the end of his life so they do anything to keep her and when they sacrafice themselves she looses respect and moves on to another guy.

Relationships are give and take and if the woman you're with cant give and take gracefully then you have no hope of growing old with her... in which case you just continue:

LisaMarie42
Msg: 294
Posted: 2/21/2008 9:09:22 PM
aprincelyfrog is right...WOMEN WANT REAL MEN!

Like I've said before...a bit of naughty & nice is a great combination . That doesn't mean he should ever be mean , act arrogant or think he's God's gift to women...on the other hand there is no greater turn off than a man who allows a woman to walk all over him.

There has got to be a happy medium & if he's bald...send him my way!!

&

Lisa
 Chris Lozada
Msg: 295
Posted: 2/21/2008 11:48:44 PM
what i rote was the partal scienc of the game , but to be onist every girl is diffrent and being both dad and good wont work all the time just like being good all the time or bad all the time wont work , just be yourself , if thay dont like you who fcuken cears , thats what this site is based on "" there is plenty of fish out there""

so be a bad guy be a good guy be a lil of both

theres a women or girl foreach one of you
 LisaMarie42
Msg: 296
Posted: 2/22/2008 2:29:44 PM
Chris,

are you saying I can't have what I want!!

I'm greedy...I WANT BOTH &

&

Lisa
 DCinFL
Msg: 297
Posted: 3/2/2008 10:58:36 AM
"what i rote was the partal scienc of the game"

for F sake........use a spellchecker before you post any more.........you make yourself look like you dropped out of 5th grade.

"onist"...........thats not even close.

everyone makes the occasional typo, but damn youre bad. i hope you are just a really bad speller, and not typing that way on purpose, because that would be idiotic.
 chipg
Msg: 298
Posted: 3/10/2008 10:30:28 PM
I think women do want a nice guy, but just like some men, they are looking for the perfect male model too. you know ,tall, dark, good looking, mussles, rich. the bad boy image goes with that . but as the years pass for men as well as women bodies change, childern appear but they are all still looking for perfection. They still want the bad boy because they think they can tame them, instead of going with the nice guy. There is no challenge with the nice guy and it gets boring. maybe that was all good and exciting when we where all 21 years old . Now it is time to re-think and go with less of the bad boy and more of the nice guy. Exert the energy having fun togather instead of the thrill of tring to change someone that's not going to change and end up getting hurt in the end. just a thought
 Cherosu
Msg: 299
Posted: 3/13/2008 8:29:19 AM
I agree to a certain extend and also disagree. Men do the same thing. They have in their mind what they want and do not want also. I have talked with several men on this subject and when they found the nice girl, they either ran from it or wanted to see what else they were missing out on. I have not meet one guy on here that cannot really make up his mind on what he is really after. I think we all have a misperception in the mind at times. I personally want a nice guy....not looking for Mr. Universe just a down right honest nice guy. I am very specific in what I wrote, but I have found that most are bored or looking to just go from one to he next. These things are what I have experienced from this site. That is why I have remained single. If you say it be it. Most will have a come back on this and that is ok. We all have our thoughts and that is ok also. Hope everyone is having a nice day!
 johnmambo
Msg: 300
Posted: 3/13/2008 3:38:16 PM
Women dont want predictability and thats what most nice guys tend to be. They have no sense of loss, there not scared of kicking you to the curb because theres a million others groveling men at there feet.

Give a woman her space, respect, love and enough attention to keep her happy but love yourself first and get your respect, your space and your attention too.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?