Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 chipg
Msg: 298
Do women really want a nice guy?Page 13 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
I think women do want a nice guy, but just like some men, they are looking for the perfect male model too. you know ,tall, dark, good looking, mussles, rich. the bad boy image goes with that . but as the years pass for men as well as women bodies change, childern appear but they are all still looking for perfection. They still want the bad boy because they think they can tame them, instead of going with the nice guy. There is no challenge with the nice guy and it gets boring. maybe that was all good and exciting when we where all 21 years old . Now it is time to re-think and go with less of the bad boy and more of the nice guy. Exert the energy having fun togather instead of the thrill of tring to change someone that's not going to change and end up getting hurt in the end. just a thought
 Cherosu
Msg: 299
Do women really want a nice guy?
Posted: 3/13/2008 8:29:19 AM
I agree to a certain extend and also disagree. Men do the same thing. They have in their mind what they want and do not want also. I have talked with several men on this subject and when they found the nice girl, they either ran from it or wanted to see what else they were missing out on. I have not meet one guy on here that cannot really make up his mind on what he is really after. I think we all have a misperception in the mind at times. I personally want a nice guy....not looking for Mr. Universe just a down right honest nice guy. I am very specific in what I wrote, but I have found that most are bored or looking to just go from one to he next. These things are what I have experienced from this site. That is why I have remained single. If you say it be it. Most will have a come back on this and that is ok. We all have our thoughts and that is ok also. Hope everyone is having a nice day!
 johnmambo
Msg: 300
Posted: 3/13/2008 3:38:16 PM
Women dont want predictability and thats what most nice guys tend to be. They have no sense of loss, there not scared of kicking you to the curb because theres a million others groveling men at there feet.

Give a woman her space, respect, love and enough attention to keep her happy but love yourself first and get your respect, your space and your attention too.
 aprincelyfrog
Msg: 301
Posted: 3/15/2008 1:10:53 PM

AM THE NICE GUY....................
.............one of many who always end up losing her to the jerks who'll treat her like crap.
I seem to be one of the guys who are "TOO GOOD OF A FRIEND" to date.
I'm the guy who will text you every single morning and tell you good morning and every single night to tell you sweet dreams.
I'm the guy who will hold you when you're crying and wipe away your tears.
I'm the guy who still thinks you're beautiful with no makeup on wearing sweats and a big t-shirt.
I'm the guy who won't pressure you to do things you don’t want to.
I'm the guy who will show up at your house with soup and a movie when you aren't feeling well.
I'm the guy who kisses you on the forehead.
I'm the guy who doesn’t kiss and tell.
I'm the guy who actually listens to you when you talk.
I'm the guy who's excited all day because I’m looking forward to our date that night.
I'm the guy who's just as happy holding your hand if you don't feel like kissing.
I'm the guy who is content to just be able to hold you and wants nothing more.
I'm the guy who can't help but smile when you walk into the room.
I'm the guy who's perfectly content with staying in and watching movies and cuddling.
I'm the guy who won't lie to you about where he's going or where he's been or who he's been with.
I'm the guy who gets butterflies when he hears your name.
I'm the guy who's not afraid to tell his friends he loves you.
I'm the guy who doesn't care about your imperfections and loves you more for them.
I'm the guy who will hold you while we watch the sunset.
I'M THE GUY WHO REALLY WANTS TO MAKE YOU THE HAPPIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD.

I'm the guy who will screw you blind while he does all that!
 long_sexy_legs
Msg: 302
Posted: 3/23/2008 11:59:04 AM
I can only speak for myself ... I like a man that is a good guy .. that shows care and concern to his partner, friends and family .... but, have to admit bad boys always seem to come my way .. and are more fun cause they live life with gusto ... But for me never work out cause they are reckless ... So Can I have the best of all things and get a good guy that lives life with some gusto ...
 littlephishy
Msg: 303
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:03:28 AM

In my experience the more you respect someone's space and try to be generous the more of an Azzhole they become. Yeah..when all else fails stay single and sane. Men and their drama pfffttt

WOW......Who kicked your puppy dog?????????....
 Cajun3149
Msg: 304
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:29:36 AM
By her age and what she posted, she probably went through a good relationship that turned bad. I will have to agree with her that people put on their best show when first meeting somebody, but, she has a long way to go. Heck, I've been down that road too. Any of us here that have "divorced" got together with the person for life and it did not work out. Reasons................people do change, but, we should all adapt to that change unless it's for a very bad reason.

Keep your head up. One bad experience does not make all men and women bad.
 littlephishy
Msg: 305
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:33:41 AM

what i rote was the partal scienc of the game , but to be onist every girl is diffrent and being both dad and good wont work all the time just like being good all the time or bad all the time wont work , just be yourself , if thay dont like you who fcuken cears , thats what this site is based on "" there is plenty of fish out there""

Whatever the hell you're smoking it is not working for you. Put the pipe down and use both hands on a dictionary...My god dude, you're an embarrassment to every male in this forum....
Women want what they want. There is no rhyme or reason to the genetic make up of a womans mind, they are who they are. Living in South Florida the last few years I have never observed so many emotionally distressed human beings as I have here. I've said this before, if it wasn't for the sun, water and the beaches my dumb A$$ would the hell outta here.....LOL.....Give me a good old midwest girl anyday.....
 Cajun3149
Msg: 306
Posted: 3/26/2008 9:40:28 AM
Did you forget about the snow in your reasons for staying LOL
 littlephishy
Msg: 307
Posted: 3/26/2008 10:35:40 AM
Cajun, there are other places that are warm year round besides Florida....LOL...For now I'll go hang out in the estuaries and remote beaches on the kayak to hide from the whackos, gang bangers, sickos, lunatic drivers, and the emotionally challenged men and women......Just so I'm not off subject. I do believe most intelligent women want a nice guy, it's just that the pickens are so slim that when they do find one they think there's something wrong....lol
 alharb79
Msg: 308
Posted: 4/3/2008 12:05:04 AM
I feel there HAS to be a mix of nice and bad in every guy...woman need to know there is SOME kind of mystery to a man....... or else it is a boring chase......

Being nice at core values is GREAT...loyalty, honesty... etc... BUT when you want to do something SPECIAL...then you MIGHT want to get out the "bad" part of you, guys...... make the women WANT TO KNOW whats up next..... tease them...flirt with them...and make them ASK.....get them WANTING you...hehehehe!

Of course you have to know what is best for the woman.....get to know her likes and dislikes.......KNOW what makes her smile.......and take it from there..... don't lead them to a large cliff with their eyes blindfolded and then just tell them to step off........ you will never see them again!!
 deb_in_charlotte
Msg: 309
Posted: 4/6/2008 8:57:59 PM

Simply put, yes. I'd prefer a nice guy over an ***hole.

That being said, though, I don't want a man who has no backbone who responds with "how high?" when I say "jump!"

*grin*
 yourshopgirl
Msg: 310
Posted: 4/7/2008 12:08:04 PM
Well basically your right. BUT at heart a girl does like a nice guy (but a "nice guy" to a girl is more of someone who is not adventurous or doesn't have most manly qualities - after much talk with my girlfriends on this point....it's not the "bad boy" we want..it's the nice guy who has some bad boy mixed in :)
Just a man who is a MAN is nice...:)

Anyway good luck
 nas888
Msg: 311
Posted: 4/7/2008 12:36:44 PM
alharb79
You are RIGHT,RIGHT,RIGHT, all the way. Fantasy than reality makes the reality alot better.
 quirkyalone35
Msg: 312
Posted: 5/16/2008 11:10:33 PM
Oh Please!! You get what you choose. I for one am tired of being some nice ***hole!!!!
 pb2006
Msg: 313
view profile
History
Posted: 5/18/2008 11:43:18 AM
no they don't
both my ex wives said ai was the best thing that ever happened to them
no I'm divorced broke and bitter as hell
 sadlisa
Msg: 314
Posted: 5/21/2008 5:56:06 PM
..A True Lady Would Settle For Nothing Less...that said no Man or "Guy" is or Will EVER be perfect,I for one wouldn't want Him that way? The ability to be vulnerable and "Falible" as 'WE ALL ARE" is in my opinion a charachter Trait I find Rare and Sexy in and of it's self? If everyone were all the same,just think how BORING Life would be! That said....TO:

"ALL THE WONDERFULLY FALIBLE PLEASINGLY PLUMP SLIGHTLY OR TOTALLY BALDING
NEVER TAKE THE DAMNED TRASH OUT CLOTHE'S AND TOWELS LEFT ON THE FLOOR
"DAMN WAS IT OUR ANIVERSARY?" REAL MEN............

" YOU ALL ROCK " and not all Ladie's unapproachable as we may appear,
Believe that you Don't Exist?

HAVE A SEXY ROCKIN RELAXED WEEKEND GIVE THOSE GAS PUMP'S SOMETHIN TO COMPLAIN ABOUT FOR A CHANGE,SIT BACK AND JUST BE "MEN"!!!!!!

RESPECTFULLY,

JUST ME LISA
 juanchito26
Msg: 315
Posted: 6/26/2008 9:03:33 AM
Women are drama seekers themselves. They are always envious of their female friends, fighting about this, that, crying for this little reason, for that little reason etc. If some guy is not giving them a reason to cry or reasons for her to say to herself "how miserable her life is" then nice guys are boring, there is no attraction, there is no chemistry etc....

If women did not like drama, there would be no soap operas. Think about it. A nice guy is the furthest thing from drama. He is boring, whiney, he does all they want, he tells them nice things, he is detail oriented, and for women, this means he is desperate, so he does not stand a chance.

Women want to always feel like there has to be drama so that they can be there to try and "control" the situation. They need that illusion of "I can change him, or I can change this situation" or stuff like that. When they realize that there is no way to change things (or men), then there is another reason to say that all men are dogs, and to keep crying. Remember, they love drama. Without drama inducing males, they can not make their own soap opera, so you nice guys will always finish last.

Whether they want to accept it or not, they still want that macho man to make them feel feminine, and put them in their place.

That is women. Otherwise, players would not be so successful with them.
 offtarget
Msg: 316
Posted: 6/28/2008 3:02:04 PM
Well thanks Dovestreasure I am happy to hear nice guys are a turn on gives me a bit more confidence. I think some women have been in bad relationship and really don't know how to handle a man that gives them the attention they so want. It is spoken that nice guys finish last but they finish ( dont like finisning last.) Women like adventure so if you are a nice guy and boring that is not going to work be nice and exciting and you can still enjoy the woman without being a jerk. I am a nice guy but very adventurous as well and I enjoy life I really think that it is harder for a nice guy to find a good woman ....

Offtarget
 vampatbite
Msg: 317
view profile
History
Posted: 1/16/2018 7:17:08 PM
are there any nice guys?.............lol
 Handyman60
Msg: 318
Posted: 3/26/2018 5:44:11 PM
Well I'm in the same boat. Always try to be nice polite and respectful. yet I sit here at home alone every night.
I even went as for as posting on this very topic in a different thread outlining what I am looking for, and what I am seeing on the site. not long after posting it, it already has a delete vote for being a troll post.. I mean really?
 hemingway234
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2018 1:08:24 PM
When people bring up the term "nice guy" - what that really is, is a man who does not understand women. Women want a man who understands them - and there are about 5% who really do.

Some of you will have a lot of reading and learning to do, lol!
 kj521_
Msg: 320
Posted: 7/1/2018 6:46:24 PM
^^^A nice guy is one who doen't understand women?

Or could it be women define "nice guy" differently? :)
 kj521_
Msg: 321
Posted: 7/24/2018 4:19:52 PM
Guess this forum isn't very active. :)
 bigbadjon4207
Msg: 322
view profile
History
Posted: 1/7/2019 9:50:24 AM
i think they really do :)
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?