Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ~~JT~~
Msg: 26
Do women really want a nice guy?Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

Yes, some of us really like nice guys. But there aren't any left. Prove me wrong.

Can't do it baby cakes.

lol baby cakes

I am a nice guy, but, I still have a side of me that wakes up drunk and rolling naked in the street on occasion.

I say DOWN BOY DOWN

but the a**hole kicks mr nice guy in da but and i end up having fun and rubbing sholders with bums in the alley over a bottle of ripple.
mmmmmm ripple
 daisy6382
Msg: 27
Do women really want a nice guy?
Posted: 5/3/2005 1:49:00 AM
that sounds about right
 daisy6382
Msg: 28
Posted: 5/3/2005 1:51:56 AM
well i would love to find a nice guy but they want the girls with the jerks and the modle bodies so wheres my nice guy so he can break my heart and i can say hey at least i had a nice gut lol well i dont want that but a nice gut love it so u know any tell me im on here as daisy6382 i live in daytona I LOVE NICE GUYS
 Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 29
Posted: 5/4/2005 6:58:10 PM
Yeah! There ya go!

Give the men who go out of their way to be nice soggy graham crackers and eggy-smelling tapwater.

Leave the devil's food-cake with icing and cold milk for the jerks!

Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 30
Posted: 5/4/2005 6:59:48 PM

Not unless he looks like Harrison Ford.
 ~~JT~~
Msg: 31
Posted: 5/5/2005 8:47:20 AM

Not unless he looks like Harrison Ford.

That's part of it. But, if you read some of the ladies profiles, and (generally) think
about how women are socialized into their role in America, you see they want something
that does not exist. The fairy tale ending, with the prince on the white horse.
Relationships are hard and they take work.
People are human and they make mistakes.

Oh yea and I took Womens Studies when I was at USF to get chicks, uh... I mean get in touch with my feminine side.

lol
 Dulsinea
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 5/5/2005 3:49:43 PM
Judging by that pink outfit,jd, you went waaaaaaaay past just "getting in touch" with your feminine side!

And yeah.........if you're a nice guy, leave me a message. I want one.
 ~~JT~~
Msg: 33
Posted: 5/6/2005 1:36:18 PM
Hers the thing ladies.
No ones perfect.
Come on, I mean, I love my kids, my pets, I don't trip old ladies in the street, I work to eradicate child prn on the internet, I am a foster parent, I volunteer minimum once a month in the community.
But I am very opinionated and I speak my mind. "not nice"
Or does nice actually mean, responsible? hard working? Fun? career oriented? wants to settle down? SO OPENENDED. By a lady saying a "nice guy" means SO much more than just that.
Say what you mean, and you will get closer to finding what you are actually looking for.
Communication is a huge part of any relationship even in the beginning.

I understand that no one should "settle" for someone else but I think anyone who is searching for "a nice guy" needs to find out what they are looking for themselves.

Now everyone into lotus position and we shall practice ohm's ooooommmmhhh ooommmmh
 ~~JT~~
Msg: 34
Posted: 5/9/2005 5:57:41 AM
Yea, wasted i know the thread you are refering too.
"define no games" or something like that.
Pfft, why ask for help and then ignore it :|
She didn't reply, or put some damn clothes on.
LOL I KNOW THATS NOT WHAT I WANT TO SEE IN THE MORNING
Did I say that ??
 MetalIce
Msg: 35
Posted: 5/10/2005 6:20:04 AM
Nice Guy - "a guy who is nice" Generaly I consider anyone who puts others before themselves, treats people like decent human beings, and someone who without reason does nice little things like flowers, notes, prepping a romantic dinner, ect. is a nice guy.

But also keep in mind we are human, we make mistakes, and we have our habits and character flaws. The thing that devides us from just being another guy is simply the fact that nice guys really do genuinely care, and when things are in a bad way they try their damnest to pull it back together, or if someone wants out of the relationship they try and let it go as easily as possable. A common jerk however will as soon as turn around and walk off and probably forget ever having anything to do with ya. I can say when things go sour for a nice guy, though we may not always cry infront of you at the deciding moment, we feel our heart has been wrenched free from our budies and crushed. And thats wether we are breaking up with you, or you are breaking up with us. (less of coarse things are on terrible terms like theirs cheating involved or what not, then we tend to think you're just a horrible person and though we miss what we had, we simply aren't interested in dealing with two faced people)

I tend to agree from the intial poster's view unfortunatly. I watch the greatest and most caring people get tossed aside like yesterdays news at the drop of a dime, then I know people who are being beaten by guys and they want to work it out! What the hell is wrong in this picture?!?! you want a nice romantic dinner or a back hand to the face, I don't know about you but I think dinner tastes better and hurts less.

As I read in a past post on this forum, Ladies let me give you a word of advice I found posted here in the past. "If it stinks, DON'T SNIFF IT!" If a guy seems like a sleeze move on. There are plenty of single guys out here who are lonely and more then prepared to show you how wonderful life can be. And if you are 18 - 25 and in central florida get in touch, I'm one of em
 pdbreske
Msg: 36
Posted: 5/14/2005 10:11:36 AM
I find it interesting that some of the women here who are saying they would take a nice guy over a bad boy anyday are divorced. Either they did at one point like bad boys and actually married one, or the nice guy they married turned out to be a bad boy.

The truth is, most people will never comes to terms with the fact that many people are not meant to be with one other person for the rest of their lives. I'm not advocating staying single and "playing the field" forever, but trying to constrain your choices and tastes for the rest of your life seems like a pretty rash decision. How many other decisions in your life would you be willing to accept and live with forever? None.

You buy a car or a house knowing that that purchase will last for a certain amount of time and then you'll go out and buy a new one or move to a new neighborhood. A house is the single biggest investment in many peoples' lives, and yet we all do it knowing that we will eventually sell it and get a new one at some point. (How many people do you know that died of old age in the first house they ever owned?)

A lot of readers are now thinking I'm an a-hole for even mentioning material things and relationships in the same vein, and I'll admit that the analogy is rough, but the sooner you come to terms with the similarities, the sooner we will all be able to have relationships based on honesty and truth instead of myth and lies.

My last girlfriend and I were very happy together, but eventually we decided that we had to part, and it was amicable. We're still great friends, but we aren't romantically involved. Neither of us has met another significant other yet (after two years apart), but we still trade dating stories. I'm very proud that we broke up like adults and were able to keep it civil, even going through the kitchen cabinets deciding who bought what in the utensil drawer.

Sorry, got a little off-topic there.

Anyhow, what it all boils down to is this: Find someone who makes you happy. If it doesn't last forever, find someone else.
 IRISHJB
Msg: 37
Posted: 5/16/2005 4:08:46 AM
This is what I've learned....there is a pattern and I've done some research on this.
Most women are attracted to the wild and naughty tough guys, however........usually, that's a chasing a dream thing. In the end, after all the playing around and finding dead-end fun,they find out in their hearts/heads that they do actually want a nice guy,to settle down with. Then they say to themselves......where are all the nice guys . Hellooooooo, they were there the whole time, now they moved on and found someone else who was ready for a real relationship.
Guys......we are better off with women over 40, because most of them have already learned that lesson. However, there are many in that age group, who still don't know what they want. Remember----Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus. They are different in the head than we are...........FOR SURE !!!
I have also been finding out that a lot of women like to ignore you, just when you seem to be getting along very well. I think that's extremely rude and show a lack of maturity.
I'm sure there are guys who do this to women as well. I'm not attacking women here, merely voicing my experience and hopefully shed some light for my fellow men.
Hang in there as I am.....there are some decent women out there somewhere, or at least, that's what people keep telling me..............Good luck!!!
 EMR53
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 5/29/2005 8:03:58 PM
I THINK MOST WOMEN ARE LOOKING FOR EXCITEMENT AND FUN AND DON'T TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW THE MEN THEY MEET. I WOULD RATHER BE ALONE THAN SETTLE FOR SOMEONE WHO IS GOOD LOOKING AND HAS TERRIBLE MANNERS AND TREATS ME LIKE DIRT. IT'S WORTH THE WAIT IF YOU TAKE YOUR TIME AND FIND OUT AS MUCH ABOUT EACH OTHER THEN YOU CAN DECIDE IF YOU SHOULD GO TO THE NEXT LEVEL, AND THAT DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN JUMPING IN THE SACK! I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU, BUT I HAVE CHILDREN AND I'M NOT GOING TO BRING JUST ANYONE TO MEET MY FAMILY. THAT SAID, I'M LOOKING FOR A SERIOUS LONG LASTING RELATIONSHIP AND WILL TAKE THE TIME TO GET TO KNOW YOU.(ONLY MEN THAT IS) SO IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR HONESTY, INTEGRITY, DOWN TO EARTH, LOYAL, HARDWORKER, GREAT COOK AND LOVE A CLEAN HOME AND KEEPS IT THAT WAY. GIVE ME A YELL. GOOD LUCK LOOKING FOR MR. AND MISS RIGHT!
 Islandfireman
Msg: 39
Posted: 5/30/2005 1:35:10 PM
If I hear another "You are so nice to me it scares me" I'm going to scream. Is there any woman out there that wants to be treated nice. I would think so but I haven't found one yet. I'm the one that starts getting treated bad.
 Grneyeslookn
Msg: 40
Posted: 6/8/2005 10:23:33 PM
I am over 40 and recently divorced after 21 years of marriage.
My side of it is, Is there a man out there that is a "good guy" and alilbit of "badboy" ?
Most women do look for the badboy image. Its fun, exciting and somewhat exhilirating when you catch one. And most women know that it doesnt last but it was exciting. Its like they say in Texas..A badboy will last the 8 second ride. And has his score.

Well guys if you can, and I know its difficult, but look at it like this. Let a woman know that you are a good guy by opening doors, pulling out chairs, and being polite. And let them get to know you for you and then maybe just maybe alil of that badboy will come out when you are comfortable with her. We are not all out to get remarried but merely to have some fun while we can.

And i know its difficult to walk up to a nice looking lady and say "Hi" and not be nervous, but hey they may say this guy has cahones and is pretty cool....

I'm no Dr. Ruth i'm just voicing my opinion.

I like good guys but i'm starting to think there are not any left. Or maybe I just have a bad picker........Are there any good/bad boys around ? Girls if u know of a place give me directions. Haha

And guys if you are just interested in a one nite stand usually you can tell on a girls profile what they are wanting. So don't waste your quarter on the call and be all smooth and then
get turned down and never talk to her again. That sucks royally. Been there and done that too many times.
ANd there are nice girls out there as well. And not all want your wallets. Maybe alil TLC and attention. DOn't forget...compliments do work.
Oh well...Enough ya'll be honest and stay true to yourselves and all else will work out !!
 IRISHJB
Msg: 41
Posted: 6/13/2005 7:44:50 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm....A certain person on here said---Nice guys might be insane or something.
Does this mean you prefer crazy guys, because you think they are normal?
I'll stick to being nice..thank you.
Some people don't know what they have---even when it's right in
their face!....... (bad judges of charactor)
Too bad for these people. They are the ones who keep missing the boat.
 angelsdoexist
Msg: 42
Posted: 6/19/2005 7:31:08 AM
well there are alot of girlz out there that expect to much from men..like u guys are their daddy or some sh*it....nice guys don't always finish last....if you meet someone who can't appreicate you for who you are & focus to much on the size of your wallet...then move on sweety cause all you are heading for is a heartache...
I'am not that kinda of girl....I was raised to appreciate everyone...I see God in all people...if I don't I can't love someone....& love I don't mean "OH I think I want to have your baby" I mean love as in being a friend and understanding a person needs and wants....emotionally and mentally...
Most people have problems with understanding themselves and what they want in life...so they supplement their needs materially...one day they will understand that you can't take them things with you when you pass...God measures the size of your heart not the size of your wallet....Relationships should be unconditional...loving someone without a condition...

So stay strong Yuletide there is someone out there for everyone....if you are not satified with who you have move on...if you don't feel you have all your needs meet....tell them that you can just be friends...because there is always someone out there who is better then the last...you just have to keep you standards high and be patience with yourself and others...

o-town rocks
Msg: 43
Posted: 6/19/2005 7:47:55 PM
I totally agree with Angel.. And whoever said nice guys finished last, was probly some a$$hole thats too focused on being first. It's not a race guys, so calm down and act right.
And ladies, the size of my wallet shouldn't matter, i mean i'm not rich, but i have heart and soul.
 yuletide
Msg: 44
Posted: 6/25/2005 12:33:51 AM
Wow, I put this post up months ago and it is still going on. To the guy that is thinking about Russian women that is an even bigger scam than paid dating sites. The women just try to get money out of the guys and then dump them. To the lady who said to stay strong, don't worry. I am incurable romantic so I keep searching.
 Jody_Cassidy
Msg: 45
Posted: 6/28/2005 5:19:43 PM

Do women really want a nice guy? ... blah blah blah...

No!

Now, babe, drop that zero and get with the hero.
 joezero69
Msg: 46
Posted: 6/29/2005 5:35:20 PM
<--------- nice guy ,bad habits lol
 x_soldat
Msg: 47
Posted: 6/29/2005 10:42:37 PM
Nope, not the young ones.

Something in the young female's genes to seek out and pair off with the 'Bad Seed' kinda guy. Some wake up and get tired of getting verbally and / or physically abused and 'settle' for the accountant or engineer, being a tad boring but a good provider. Others never grow out of it.

I've seen it as a prosecutor (domestic violence cases) and in the process of handling domestic cases in private practice.

I am convinced that attraction is primal and defies logic, particulary in ladies.

Not true for all of course, but happens often enough to be a recognizable trend.

Since I've become a jerk I get lots more dates!

Woo-hoo!
 Smoofiter
Msg: 48
Posted: 7/15/2005 8:24:26 AM
define nice and bad then ill tell you what, because it's different for everyone.
 Tiggergrrl
Msg: 49
Posted: 8/30/2005 10:03:24 PM
You know...after years of dating the jerks and running(and I mean running!) from the nice guys, I finally learned my lesson. But it took time and experience to learn it!

Just a new spin on the whys....In my 20's, I had a pretty poor self esteem and was convinced that whatever I touched turned to sh*t. So the thought of taking a "nice" guy, dating him and breaking his heart(thereby, ruining any niceness that existed) was more than I could bear. So I pursued the jerks...for 2 reasons...1) when they did hurt me, they hurt me a lot less because I saw it coming the minute I met them or 2) if I dumped them, then it was automatically assumed that they wouldn't be hurt because they were jerks. Since I'm still single, guess how all that worked out!!

So, now I focus on the nice ones...the ones that fall over themselves when I'm around and blush if I look at them just the right way!

It's so cute, it's sexy!!

And for other women out there who find this type of reacton sexy, I formally request that you NOT gather yourselves together and NOT think about what you're saying!! Go ahead and trip all over yourselves...some of us like it!
 Greystone1
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/12/2006 8:31:04 PM
Here's the nightmare scenario, and I bet it's going to sound familiar to a lot of people here:

The jerk steps on her, so she cries on your shoulder. Think about that. The jerk got laid, she got comforted, you got a wet shoulder. But that isn't all you got. You have just been informed, in no uncertain terms, that in her eyes you are inferior to the jerk.
Show ALL Forums  > Florida  > Do women really want a nice guy?