Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 xxx1903
Msg: 251
Beware: eHarmony sucks...Page 13 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
your right I have had dates on match and Zoosk and even the sights with no girls make you feel good with lies... but now eHarmony the most expensive!!!! double nooooo triple sucks
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 252
Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 6/2/2015 1:26:36 AM
A few years ago, I signed up for EH. I was led to believe a person who pays for an OLD site, may be more serious or genuinely looking for a relationship. HA HA
A dating site is only as good, as the customers who use it. In other words. I live in Southwest Michigan. When assigning a match to me, E-Harmony matched me to men living in Chicago. ? No customers on E-Harmony from a 50 mile radius of me? LOL, I'm not moving and I'm not driving 2 plus hours every weekend in city traffic to find a date.
I finally had my profile deleted. However it was just a month or so ago, that I finally was able to have them remove me from getting E-mails from EH, giving me their sales pitch! Grrrrrr!
 deetristate
Msg: 253
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:02:42 AM
When people pay they are more likely to move away from the computer or phone and actually meet. Here it seems that a lot of people developed online "relationships."
 SLAFFA
Msg: 254
Posted: 6/2/2015 11:28:30 AM
I'm just guessing here so I could be wrong.

Isn't joining any site - paid or Free - a voluntary CHOICE?

Living in the RW [not very popular here] means being subjected to "MISleading" advertising at any time of the day or night, be it billboard, magazines, newspapers or TV. Why would any OLD site be exempt from this?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 255
Posted: 6/2/2015 11:38:19 AM

I live in Southwest Michigan. When assigning a match to me, E-Harmony matched me to men living in Chicago. ? No customers on E-Harmony from a 50 mile radius of me?

Don't they have a radial distance of preference? I've heard with EH they have a high emphasis on compatibility factor. And I'm sure there'd be a decent amount of people in Kalamazoo worthy of going out on a date with. But Chi-town -- there's tons o people, and it limits the amount of people at one time they match you up with -- so if your/their radial distance is big, yeah, I would see those coming up a lot more than people closer to home.

I like the ideal of eHarmony, a site where you don't go to the buffet line and pick and choose on your own (people can be bad about that on compatibility and/or too indecisive), but instead they bring out a few plates to you to look over and consider. Problem is, they better be good at the few plates they bring to your table.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 256
Posted: 6/2/2015 12:14:01 PM

Don't they have a radial distance of preference?

To be honest, my experience with EH was 3, maybe 4 years ago. IF they included a distance preference, by all means I would have used 50 miles as my preference. Actually Kalamazoo is 60+ miles away, LOL
I am within 20 miles of South Bend, Indiana, but it seems EH (at that time) did not have a large user/customer base in this area. EH chose my matches from Chicago. Wellll ............it is 50 miles or so away, across the cold deep dark waters of Lake Michigan. LOL, I suppose one could swim?

The user/customer base geographically can be a problem from any OLD site.

My real problem with them, was deleting my personal info, AND convincing them to STOP with the E-mail, advertisements.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:58:16 PM
A few people I knew of tried EH, and all were turned down. Since I couldn't justify spending the money, I never even bothered to investigate it. Pof isn't very active in South Bend. (Actually, the "bend" is the biggest center of nothing I ever saw. Rates right up there with Gary, East St. Louis and the ever popular Benton Harbor, Mi.) Those whom actually go online on a daily basis, is 15-20 per day. Or about 10% of the actual available single women in my age range. Expand my search area, then the numbers increase to about 50. That's fine, if I intend to travel an hour one way just to date. And add $30 bucks to the cost of a date.

EH may as well be an unknown to me.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 258
Posted: 6/2/2015 5:03:27 PM
countrygal45- I tried it too, during one of their supposed "free" trials.
What happened was I could join for free, I just couldn't message anyone or look for matches until I paid.
Total bs, paid sites are no better than free ones, so why pay?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 259
Posted: 6/7/2015 11:36:56 AM
I had ONLY used paid dating sites, never any free ones.

EH worked well for me. I paid for a year, so the monthly was about 29. I know I procrastinate about getting back to people and using the system, I wanted to give myself plenty of time.

I put in unlimited distance, so I was matched with local and foreign women. At one time in 3 months when I wasn't logging into EH I had over 1000 matches. But I do live within 25 miles of Chicago.

I dated one woman in Hong Kong, she was a good person to date, one woman was in China, but she was a Brazilian national teaching English in China. She was up for traveling around parts of China on her school break, but I never got to meet her, I got involved with my now wife.

A lot of women closer to me, I met 3 I think, one would have been a good long term dating partner, but I was already too involved with my future wife.

I didn't have any problems canceling other than the procedure to cancel was a more involved than it needed to be, and as far as EH emails, I posted on EH that I met someone so they didn't send me more emails and in any case I would just sent them to junk and not even see the emails.

So I had no problems using EH, and no experience with free sites.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2015 7:27:28 AM
I joined EH on a free weekend. The free weekends are deceiving because it takes several message exchanges before you can freely communicate. If you're not diligent about going through their preformatted Q&A quickly, your free weekend runs out before you get a real connection.

If you want to try EH, wait for a free weekend on a holiday weekend because they give you a longer weekend. Then join as soon as the free trial starts, follow all the steps asap, message right away, reply right away, etc.

Last time I tried it, I got one guy who seemed great, we went to phone calls and texting until he drunk texted me that "we won't have a relationship if he doesn't enjoy the sex." Another turned out to be a guy I communicated with about 2 years ago and even though we got along fine in our messages, he decided not to meet me because I'm letting my hair go gray. I wonder if he's been paying EH for 2+ years?

Anyway, the matches seemed pretty good the second time, so I decided to pay when my free trial ended. Immediately the matches they sent were completely unacceptable. Men who I had NOTHING in common with. Men who didn't complete their profiles. Men who were too far away. Men who lived in Canada! (I'm in the Detroit area.) So I called and asked for a refund. And I got my money back.
 gtomustang
Msg: 261
Posted: 6/8/2015 9:53:22 AM
a free website is a good place to "practice". Just like an ad campaign, find out what photos of you work best, whether you should tell all about yourself or be a mystery, et cetera. Plus, this site has a forum with a section called, "profile review".

why pay to find all these things out?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 262
Posted: 6/8/2015 9:56:16 AM
eHarmony = eHerpes
 dragonbytes
Msg: 263
Posted: 6/8/2015 10:16:54 AM

joined EH on a free weekend. The free weekends are deceiving because it takes several message exchanges before you can freely communicate. If you're not diligent about going through their preformatted Q&A quickly, your free weekend runs out before you get a real connection.

I created a database of answers to all the Q&A questions, so I could just copy and paste my answer to questions like what is your favorite travel destination.

eHarmony = eHerpes
Does that mean your computer has a virus?
 NJgirl116
Msg: 264
Posted: 6/11/2015 10:23:40 PM
To my great surprise my little brother (26) found a girlfriend on eharmony this spring, they are in love and everything's in bloom. I asked him how he had the patience for the questionnaire and he said it's fun. To each his own I guess? His assessment of the girls: "they're all fake, she's the first one who was real." I'm happy for the kid. He's taking her on a road trip to PA next weekend "because she wants to see the waterfalls." That's my little brother, make sure you make your girl happy!
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 265
Posted: 6/12/2015 4:07:23 AM

Does that mean your computer has a virus?

No -- but from what I hear, some of the participants do -- and they're too eager to share their parting gift.
 CharminC
Msg: 266
Posted: 6/12/2015 7:57:25 AM
To be fair, herpes is so rampant and common that anyone could have it, from any site.
Many may be eager to share their gift and not know they have it to begin with lol.
 123nightmoves
Msg: 267
Posted: 6/12/2015 8:12:10 AM
I don't think one dating site has higher stats for STD's than any other or for those we meet in real life. Seems like a stupid comment actually. And something like herpes is an annoyance and not a death sentence. I'd rather have herpes than a narrow mind or lack compassion or lack intelligence or kindness and understanding. I get cold sores which are technically a type of herpes, it's annoying.

My sister tried EHarmony and had no bad experiences. I don't think it is much different than any other site, more expensive than some and cheaper than others.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 268
Posted: 6/12/2015 10:11:25 AM

Posted by EternityGracesMe:
"eHarmony = eHerpes"

Posted by EternityGracesMe:
"No -- but from what I hear, some of the participants do -- and they're too eager to share their parting gift."

Those are two ridiculous posts.
There is no demonstrable user health differences between EH, Match, POF, OKC, or any other mainstream dating site.

Heck, one could search exclusively on FitnessSingles (which I contemplated in the past) and still encounter someone who has cardiac issues, ENT problems, autoimmune issues, STDs, and anything else coming down the pike.

When dating and getting physical with another person...use care, precautionary measures, and common sense.
Sheesh.
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 269
Posted: 6/12/2015 10:48:16 AM
It's all speculation at this point. Here again, we could perform an experiment :)
 ohenryx
Msg: 270
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2015 10:58:22 AM

Eric_Summit
Those are two ridiculous posts.
There is no demonstrable user health differences between EH, Match, POF, OKC, or any other mainstream dating site.

What’s this? Someone actually managed to irritate unflappable Eric?

But I do agree, those were indeed “ridiculous posts”.

Whatsamatterbaby
It's all speculation at this point. Here again, we could perform an experiment :)

Fantastic idea! You could come over to my place this evening, and we could experiment "til the dawn's early light"!!!
 Whatsamatterbaby
Msg: 271
Posted: 6/12/2015 11:05:54 AM
^ Are you volunteering as a subject? Fyi the subjects will be randomly matched. I'll be off in the corner in a lab coat taking notes.
 Kissfromarose77
Msg: 272
Posted: 6/12/2015 11:08:01 AM
Does the OP work for Plenty of Fish by any chance? Maybe this is an attempt to sabotage a rival dating site.
 Cdan1957
Msg: 273
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2015 11:38:17 AM

eHarmony = eHerpes

That is really asinine. Someone thinking they are clever when they really are not. As a matter of fact, I have heard eharmony rejecting people, how many people has POF rejected? Which site do you think would more likely have people with STDs. The selective site or the site that takes everyone?

I used Eharmony and couldn't be happier that I did.
 clooneystutor
Msg: 274
Posted: 6/12/2015 11:45:37 AM

eHarmony = eHerpes

What an ignorant post.

I don't want to turn this into a 'STD primer' thread, but FFS, educate yourself.

To be fair, herpes is so rampant and common that anyone could have it, from any site.
Many may be eager to share their gift and not know they have it to begin with lol.

Agreed +1

I'm of the opinion that the reason there's no cure for it is because it's too trivial to invest money in.
Just like the common cold.

There's much worse problems to solve then getting zits on your privates.
 whiterose0
Msg: 275
Posted: 6/12/2015 8:04:12 PM

There's much worse problems to solve then getting zits on your privates.

Indeed... cervical cancer caused by HPV is much worse.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >