Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Who.Me
Msg: 102
Beware: eHarmony sucks...Page 2 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
A friend of mine gave me a gift subscription to eharmony...it was such a waste of time. I had mileage preferences within 100 miles...I was getting matches from Minnesota and Alaska, I live in Florida. Guess eharmony's computer needed a geography lesson!
I also had stated I wanted to met someone that didn't want children...every person they sent to me wanted children...DUH!!!

I'm just glad I didn't pay for it.
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 105
Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 11/7/2007 1:12:10 PM
I haven't been an ejarm member for awhile now and they still send me matches. which the men also get saying I'm a possible so they believe I'm still a member. and tehy try and communicate when I'm not even there! so I believe eharm is commiting fraud, leading members to believe nonmebers are still there...pretty damn rude and disrespectful!
 shadowedminds
Msg: 111
Posted: 11/7/2007 10:38:24 PM
Oh man, I just wanted a personality test and I went through everything for them to tell me they couldn't catagorize me and so effort w/o reward. LOL.
 spixel
Msg: 112
Posted: 11/9/2007 12:30:13 PM
[Match.com is also a rip off. After my subcription ran out I found I couln't open and read emails. No wonder I only got a couple of replies to my emails. Most of them were likely non paying members who couldn't even open their mail. I'm a few dollars poorer....but smarter]

Exactly what happened to me, a very expensive rip off, it should be illegal
 migivadamsbusted
Msg: 113
Posted: 11/9/2007 12:32:44 PM
I haven't been an e harm member for a while now and to this day they are still sending me matches!
 Who.Me
Msg: 120
Posted: 11/16/2007 5:52:16 AM

take your money and send you some nasty, broken down messes

shirazpearls:

I've gotta tell you....this is the funniest line I've ever heard!

and it's soooo true!!!
 kitelover3
Msg: 123
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2007 5:38:33 PM
Well after reading all these posts I know I am not alone is this game called dating. I have tried many sites. EHarmony being the absolute worst. Did the free thing and was told there were no matches that I was part of the 20% (aka you need to pay) After trying some others, Match , Cupid and matchmaker with no luck I went back retook the test. Well a few matches were sent but I was never able to log into the account and see anything about these people except the few details they provided in the initial email. took awhile to contact anyone for real there by then the 3 month thing had run out. They said they never took the money from my account but they had. Went to the bank and they called them and they were told same thing well the bank told them they were paid. then i found out it was because when i took the free anaylsis i used one email and months later when i actually decidedt o join i used a different one. Which is bull because all the stuff was sent to one i used when I signed up being a paying member. They would not refund money. Someday I hope MR. EHarmony himself finds himself in jail for all the money he has ripted off. Haven't had any luck here either. AFF at least I have met some people but all in all just jerks. I have paid the big bucks for a professional matchmaker, but nothing there yet either.
 Becca4u
Msg: 125
Posted: 11/19/2007 12:41:04 PM
ALL the pay sites suck. At least if nothing happens on POF, you got what you paid for. The only match Eharmony could find for me lived in another state!!!
 isTHISuserNametaken
Msg: 132
Posted: 12/20/2007 10:43:38 AM
The only Good I've heard about E-harmony is in their commercials! And after reading this forum thread I'm even more convinced that pay sites are a waste of time and money. I've only tried Yahoo personals, nothing, nada, zip zero. not a single response in 6 months!
 ehill02
Msg: 133
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:37:55 PM
True. I don't think I got a single decent email the entire i was a member. It was always someone who wnated to steer me to a webcam service.
 SparkintheDark
Msg: 134
Posted: 12/27/2007 3:43:05 PM
eHarmony is a riot. I have 25 matches there now. Most are sitting there... going no where, because those users aren't paid or may not even be alive at this point in time. Some, are slowing moving along in eHarmony's super slow "get to know you" guided process. And 3 are sitting in "open communication", but are going no where because all 3 men, are just toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo busy to do more then send me a howdy-do messages every other week. And for all that... I paid?

TOO FUNNY!!!!
 brunett27
Msg: 137
Posted: 12/29/2007 9:32:16 AM
It's definitely expensive. I prefer POF over it for sure, so far. Right now, eHarmony has a promotion going for the weekend where you can communicate WITHOUT SEEING PHOTOS for this weekend only. You can only see the photos when you pay their high prices. Almost everyone wants to have some idea of who they are talking to, so I'd say this offer is pretty meaningless.
 carolann0308
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2008 2:43:05 PM
I joined after my divorce. They gave me about 15 matches and not one of whom I had the least bit in common with. After answering 500 questions about everything from age and education to salary requirements and religion they for some reason thought I would be interested in unemployed fat guys that worship Satan.
 tacit
Msg: 154
Posted: 3/11/2008 1:37:03 PM
I found that eHarmony relaxes your selection preferences to give you matches. Eg location, background, etc. I met a few people from eHarmony but there was little chemistry. Some people just wanted to find a 'friend' on this dating site.

I found EHarmony’s structure to be a useful way to enter the online dating scene. After I ended my subscription, I was sent many offers to return at reduced rates. I would advise people who want to use eHarmony to cancel early to get the better rates.
 Sharzi
Msg: 159
Posted: 3/28/2008 8:59:07 PM
I wasn't being matched with toads, but they were older than I am and I prefer someone a little younger. You don't have a choice as to age preference. That was the main reason I quit.

Sharzi
 MajorThomas
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 5/17/2008 9:56:50 PM
anyone tried sugardaddie.com? I'm guessing it really sucks for the girls as far as getting replies wonder how it is for the guys, since theres a huge imbalance like 100 girls for every guy.
 toomuch13
Msg: 173
Posted: 6/26/2008 12:42:28 PM
The men on eharmony are beyond annoying and picky! I got matches, but the guys were delusional about what they wanted. To have some 60 fat, rude, bald, ugly, and immature guy tell me he is too good for me is a joke. I could not believe the guys on that site. It's suppose to be a site for people who are SERIOUS about finding a long-term relationship, but the guys won't even get to know you and just judge you by your pic anyway! Also they match you up with people who are inactive and cannot respond to you. What good is that? No more paid sites for me.
 Afterflash
Msg: 174
Posted: 9/20/2009 11:35:09 AM
I just wanted to introduce myself as a newbie on this site and I thought the best way to do that would be to participate in the one discussion that I can relate to and the one that brought me here in the first place. My experience with eHarmony is very much like everyone elses here. I found myself being matched with women whom either had nothing to say in their extremely abbreviated profiles or who couldn't put a coherent sentence together if it depended on their lives or who were so boring and sedate that their profiles almost gave me cancer. But my biggest gripe with eHarmony is the overwhelming pressure of conformity. I think it is very misleading to put together a site that proclaims itself to be a place for people who are serious about finding the right person and then force that person to shoehorn their personality into a profile through point and click questions and pre-formatted answers. I think in order to find the right person it is imperative to put your real personality, your whole personality, warts and all, out there. But not only does the format of their website make this challenging at best, but the labeling and denigration that follows when you try to be honest with others about yourself, is crippling. The people on that website seems to delight in pigeon holing your personality based on the most insignificant part of yourself that you have the temerity to reveal. For example, I once posted a thread on their message board about how much I despised the people who use "other" when closing a match when there were so many other options to choose from (almost 20 of them I think). I was called crazy, passive aggressive, by people who at the same time said that they felt that using "other" was appropriate because the answers provided did not allow them to say the exact demeaning, mean spirited thing they wanted to say. Nothin' like being judged by a bunch of dysfunctional a-holes who can't condense a serious of thoughts or impressions into a single sentence. No wonder these losers are single. As for the lack of customer service I think it comes down to the fact that customer turn over is their stock and trade. After all how can you keep people interested in a dating site of you keep recycling the same old faces over and over again.

In the end I cannot in good conscience recommend eHarmony to anyone. Their focus is not on helping you find the right person but instead it is on cajoling people into paying to communicate with other people that a computer program has determined are compatible for them, whether that is the case or not. I can't see myself ever being successfully matched with anyone on that site for the simple reason that I cannot understand why any thinking, emotionally mature adult would surrender their pursuit of love along with their understanding of what and who they are attracted to into the hands of a computer and allow it to decide who is best suited for them. If I am going to use on line dating I alone am going to determine who I am attracted to. But I will give them props for their advertising campaign. It is one of the most effective I've ever seen. Heck I consider myself an intelligent and articulate man and it suckered me. But I guess it comes down the fact that I believed that anyone who profits by the worlds most universal dream must be sincere in its claims. As the Who said, I won't get fooled again.

Just one question in closing, if eHarmony has matched so many people successfully (as they claim to have) why do we keep seeing the same 5 commercials over and over again?
 freedomluvrs
Msg: 175
Posted: 3/18/2010 3:02:55 PM
Here is a blog I came across....definitely people need to be careful!!
http://datingscamoneharmony.blogspot.com/
 Paderic
Msg: 177
Posted: 3/18/2010 5:15:52 PM
Never send money to someone you meet online. Period.
 briargate
Msg: 178
Posted: 3/18/2010 6:02:00 PM
I always rejected the idea behind eHarmony's business model, so I never tried them. Honestly, I can't stand online dating anyway. It has been little more than a disaster to me in the end. But if I honestly was going to put some effort back into it, I would do the work myself. How can you have some third party or computer algorithm make such choices for you about combinations of traits that make up a whole person? You can't paint things by the numbers and expect a full picture. You have to step back and take in the whole of it. Sometimes we have very surprising chemistry with people we might have rejected otherwise.
 EGJV
Msg: 179
Posted: 3/18/2010 6:04:39 PM
I didn't know how Ecrap worked... I did the profile thing, supposedly got 7 matches but never bothered to see much less pay...

yahoo is amusing in that every week I get views by different profiles written by Borat. My actual matches have hovered from 6 to 11. Emailed 3 and none have responded. Forget it.

forget match too... I don't know but the women there basically should have "will only settle for Brad Pitt, except much much better" written on their profiles... gilded cvnts, never again.

I've been a member in okc since the beginning - have had good chats and 1 date, but mostly ignored... and some contacts who either didn't really match or I wasn't into.

pof - couple of conversations, almost a date (before she disappeared, my guess is she found someone else), no real match. But I've gotten into the forums so this is fun.

connectingsingles - basically no matches, only 2 gals who never used the site, apparently. Wish they hadn't given up before I came along.

and finally - true, or as I called it singlemommycentral. Not for me.
 TheReason_
Msg: 180
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2010 9:26:16 PM
I couldn't be bothered to answer the ten million questions, or picture myself with someone willing to answer ten million questions.

:facepalm:
 Superdad1972
Msg: 182
Posted: 3/18/2010 10:45:07 PM
I signed up for eharmony a while ago. I have over three hundred matches, had contact with about twenty of them, and gone out with about ten of them. Obviously nothing serious has come of it, but it was fun. My main beef with eharmony is all of these women were very similar to me. I sort of enjoy a bit of difference in
my life.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >