Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cherryyblossom
Msg: 213
Beware: eHarmony sucks...Page 4 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)

I tried it a few years ago, had 1 match in the entire state and then the dude argued with me on the phone to not cancel.
It is a brilliant scam though.

The same thing happened when I called Eharmony's customer service last year and tried to cancel. The people there persuaded me to stay and gave me four months for the price of one.

pof is just as bad. you get nothing for nothing in this world and pof proves that

At least POF is free and even if you are not looking for someone, you can still come here for forums and such, and who cares if someone rejects you. That happens everywhere unfortunately.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 214
Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 5/8/2011 11:37:52 PM
its marketing,..... look that silly stupid pathetic song 'Its Friday' has banked more in a month that the Seattle Symphony will all season..... its marketing, and a shallow veneer of pop culture.- it aint reality, nor of any real value.
at least the forums here are entertaining
 AquanGold
Msg: 215
Posted: 5/9/2011 4:07:13 AM
I feel pretty lucky after reading so many horror stories. I went on 4 dates via EH. Out of the 4 i met one nice women and we dated for a year. I guess it`s all about the luck of the draw.
In the same token, i joined POF and have been fortunate to meet some very nice people as well.
I believe alot has to do with your personality and expectations of meeting someone.
Some people i find bring nothing to the table per se, in wanting to have a relationship.
Others are not capable of understanding a relationship is a two way street...
 starzgirl72
Msg: 216
Posted: 5/9/2011 6:17:38 AM
I was a member there for about 6 months and only went on one date; he was nice but there was no physical attraction for me at all....his first comment to me was wow, i can't believe you're 38 and have no wrinkles. How'd you do that? Mind you, he was 44. :/

EH is a crap shoot; I didn't have much luck with it and most of the matches sent to me really weren't my type physically, lived too far away or had multiple young children. While POF has its issues, at least I've been on more than one date with men from here and feel like I have a bigger pool to pick from.
 Solitairesway
Msg: 217
view profile
History
Posted: 6/16/2011 10:18:21 PM
I think this site is the best for the purpose of dating & meeting new people. Just have to be direct in what you want in personal profile & delete the ones who are not mature or decent by my description. Love the oppurtunity to have these forums.
 Mark6668
Msg: 218
view profile
History
Posted: 6/18/2011 3:56:04 AM
This looks like a fairly old thread, but I’ve only just joined POF, so here’s my input. I never looked at EH, I’m a complete novice using these dating sites and only started about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately, I joined several other awful sites and are full of scammers and spoof profiles, so joined POF, not sure what to expect from this site, but at least it’s free, unlike some sites, just tempting you in and after your hard earned cash, sounds like eH is no better!
 violetdaisies
Msg: 219
Posted: 6/18/2011 7:48:56 PM
I agree... you can't go wrong with free and it's fun! Within my first 24 hours I bumped into an old work colleague. (Old job not old person!) And there it is - a nice, normal person - using an online dating site is common now. Since it's viewed as a pretty unremarkable choice, why pay for eharmony when so many use POF for free?
 mateo45
Msg: 220
view profile
History
Posted: 6/19/2011 6:36:25 PM
eHarmony is alot like Gucci, pyramid schemes and Harleys.... it's all about the "marketing".
 noeleena_
Msg: 221
Posted: 6/20/2011 3:11:37 AM
Hi,

Thats very interesting what you all have been saying on here about the different sites,

Thats why i have never before been on them . its only in the last 4 months iv had a look the e harmony seemed to be good yet like most of the others they hide the intent of you have to pay, its all free they say . ..not.

still trying to work this one out tho. as to how it work.s.

So thank you for your info.

...noeleena...
 saw1984
Msg: 222
Posted: 6/20/2011 4:37:49 PM
lol yea and their questionnaire is entirely way too long! ugh
 dontfeellikeaging
Msg: 223
Posted: 6/25/2011 5:32:36 PM
40 minutes filling out that questionaire, stating specifically wasnt interested in having more children of my own, almost all my matches said they wanted to have more kids......thinking, what the hell was the point of all that?
 vnufall
Msg: 224
Posted: 6/26/2011 9:53:08 AM
all i did was answer questions and when i sent questions out the guys answered like they knew i would have want answered. the guys...well honestly i could have picked better at a nice bar for myself. one guy could see the frustration level of answering questions so he asked me out...i said i'm sorry we have nothing in common...total time waster for the two of us. i think they just pick guys from your area and the testing thing is bs. its just not spontaneous either, can't im each other...yuch i hated it....
 valenciacityx
Msg: 225
Posted: 6/26/2011 11:50:26 AM
um, it is not like Harleys; and the end of the day, I have a bike in my garage; hell 6 of them at the moment.
If dating were more like Harleys; I would have a damn harem.
And I did my time in the trenches selling HD; my close ratio was nationally ranked - dating - NOTHING like Harleys.
And you would think that with 1/3 of my customers being women that my close ratio away from the dealership would transfer over to dating skills; nope.
I could fleece a girl out of 20K for a bike and gear; couldnt get her to go out and have a dinner with me.
 mateo45
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Posted: 6/26/2011 6:02:16 PM
Over-priced, unreliable, marketing-driven, only appeals to a certain "type", flashy, "all show & no go" (but plenty of "attitude")..... actually HD sounds exactly like eHarmony!

"If dating were more like Harleys".... then most of us would be broke down by the side of the road, telling each other how 'cool' we really are, and swapping stories about all the rides we "use to have" (kinda like what we do now)!
 valenciacityx
Msg: 227
Posted: 6/26/2011 9:32:42 PM
I would trade any Harley in the garage for the American dating scene
and actually I have
I bought each to celebrate the passing of the X that made me choose between her and the bike.
up to six ;) (though there is a Buell and a Zuki Dual sport in the herd too)
the bike wins every time. It was here before the girl, here inspite of the girl, and will be here long after the girl is gone. It is the only continuity in my chaotic life.
(and I have never been on the side of the road with any of them - but then I do my own maintenance)
And I can assure you, all of mine indeed 'GO' quite nicely - some even too much so.

and I am betting, like most that spout the stereotypical rant about the 'Harley" angst - you dont own one, never have, and never will. And in that, your perceptions is just like dating here. OUT of the gate assumptions that are warrantless, baseless, and grounded in rhetoric.
Rock on.
 Thesurvivalist
Msg: 228
Posted: 6/27/2011 8:16:48 AM
Ecrap is just as much as a joke as this site,the only difference is this one is free and Ecrap is high priced.
 mateo45
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 6/27/2011 8:50:55 AM
Valencia... aside from my obvious "gusto" poking fun at HDs (and tell me they don't secretly love the 'attention'... even negative attention!), actually I do speak from some personal experience, from a cross-country tour some years ago with a couple buddies.

The three of us respectively rode a '72 Norton Commando, a (then) brand new '76 HD ElectraGlide (in blue!), and my old '75 BMW 750. Great trip, with lotsa fun and "adventures", but as to mechanical problems, somehow it always seemed to be the HD we had to fuss with, even much more than the Norton, which is not exactly famous for "reliability". A lot of times I felt more like a rolling "toolbox" for that damned Harley, beautiful as it was. And yes, I'm aware the "AMF years" weren't their finest, but at least they were truly made in the U.S. (unlike now)!

Although, there's an interesting thought, comparing bike & car brands to dating various "types".... i.e. hi-strung, high maintenance, plain but reliable, cheap and fun, etc.!
 ChrisD1957
Msg: 230
Posted: 6/27/2011 11:52:12 AM
Funny....I met my SO at eharmony. I didnt have a problem with the site. It worked fine for me. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for and your level of success. For instance..I tried OK cupid and didnt care for it, a friend tried it and he met his girlfriend there and thinks it is great. So....whatever works for you
 MrKowala
Msg: 231
Posted: 2/7/2012 11:59:33 PM
I was about to join it till the price was shown, I choose the $19.95 a month plan and it said it was gonna charge $295.00 to my bank account. Like hell you are!!!!
 lovelyepona
Msg: 232
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:21:54 AM
I paid for the site and it wasn't worth much. I made a friend off of it and that was it. It was expensive for a six month membership. Not worth the money I spent.
 MrKowala
Msg: 233
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:30:42 AM
Dating sites should be free anyway.
 therdtymesachrm
Msg: 234
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:44:22 AM
I joined as a non-paying member, since EH fairly frequently has what they call free communication weekends. I didn't want to pay before at least seeing who I was matched with. At the time I was living on Long Island so I requested a radius of either 25 or 30 miles, I can't remember which. Imagine my surprise when the majority of the matches they sent me were either in Connecticut or New Jersey. Keep in mind that even though by air miles those states may have been within the radius, to get to NJ required driving through part of New York City, and over at least two bridges or a tunnel and a bridge. Transit time at best between 90 minutes to 2 hours not to mention tolls and gas. Connecticut even worse. Since I lived in the middle of LI it meant either driving west on LI, through Queens and part of the Bronx, then back east through CT (gas, tolls and at least a 90 minute ride ) or taking a ferry across the LI Sound to CT, approx 1hr 20 min ferry ride about $50 each way. CT is only about 15 miles north of LI but separated by the LI Sound.

When I realized how far away all the matches were I emailed EH asking them to adjust the settings on my account so I could get matches on LI, not in two other states. They replied that their matching system is computer generated based on zip code and air miles and that there were unable to change my settings. Waste of my time, fortunately not a waste of money since I didn't have a paying membership.
 MrKowala
Msg: 235
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:49:35 AM
Off Subject right quick:
what is the deal with toll booths btw....i don't think thats fair?? Do you have to pay if you are walking??

Glad i live down south where its free to cross the bridges.
 mopar_runner
Msg: 236
Posted: 2/8/2012 4:30:11 AM
therdtymesachrm:

When I realized how far away all the matches were I emailed EH asking them to adjust the settings on my account so I could get matches on LI, not in two other states. They replied that their matching system is computer generated based on zip code and air miles and that there were unable to change my settings.

Total BS as you rightly suspect. It's simply a matter of them not wanting to spend any money to make changes to their algorithm. Their primary focus is suckering enough first timers through the front door through their heavy TV/radio/print advertizing to keep the site afloat with minimal expense rather than actually have it work in a way to help the most people.

No, I never gave them my credit card number. Years back I tried their free signup and was matched with exactly one person. It was no match.
 DomG79
Msg: 237
Posted: 2/8/2012 4:52:24 AM
For the price of eharmony, you could buy a Harley or Direct TV with the monthly payments. If I had enough money to spend on eharmony, I'd just pocket the cash instead and let a woman date me for my money, because I'd be BALLIN'!!!!

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >