Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cajun29
Msg: 238
Beware: eHarmony sucks...Page 5 of 14    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14)
therdtymesachrm
You should try living in michigan.Here on pof,I get matches all the way in wisconsin.Its just a fact of life,even ebay uses air miles for how far away someone is.
 BrookfieldGentlemanTom
Msg: 239
Beware: eHarmony sucks...
Posted: 2/8/2012 8:09:01 AM
I like POF very much. i couldn't imagine paying for E harmony as i get lots of dates on here. sure, some people you find are lying, phony or just poor dates but i've had lots of fun dates too and have found a woman on here that i go out with all the time.

POF has made me pretty happy
 Arata_na_Yoake
Msg: 240
Posted: 2/8/2012 11:29:38 AM
I've gotten matches in NY...I'm from MN.
 DomG79
Msg: 241
Posted: 2/8/2012 12:35:02 PM
The ridiculously high price for eharmony motivated me to spend my money on things that would better myself, like going back to school. So, in away it benefitted me. Getting a degree might not help me find someone either, but at least I'd have a dregree. All eharmony would give me is frustration and less money to spend on bills.
 Mikemiller2011
Msg: 242
Posted: 2/8/2012 1:50:46 PM
I have had more success on eHarmony than this site by a long shot. The quality of women is much better also, at least in my area. People need to know how to work the system. I never pay the regular price, I call up and demand a cheap price or I say I will not bother renewing with the site and go elsewhere. Lucky if it costs me $100 bucks a year for that site. At this point I just stay on this site to read the forums.
 DomG79
Msg: 243
Posted: 2/12/2012 1:01:24 AM
I've had limited success on dating sites period. Back when myspace was the bees knees, I'd find some cool ones occasionally.

I paid for Zoosk briefly, and it got me laid, but nothing meaningful. I've done that on here for free. Paying isn't really worth it, at least from my experiences.

The ones on here that I actually like ignore my e-mails or tell me I am not tall enough, even when I am a couple of inches taller than them. I need to turn into Shallow Hall in order for this thing to work better for me.
 bdavis071988
Msg: 244
Posted: 2/12/2012 1:06:49 AM
I agree paying for a site is def not worth it. Heck even free sites can be a big let down too...remember "you get what you pay for".
 ladyzep
Msg: 245
Posted: 2/28/2012 2:06:51 PM
I've tried eharmony (Canada). Yes it is expensive, it's not for everyone. I'd say the site is targeted towards serious daters, who are ready for marriage. I have only good things to say about the site because 1) three of my clients found their wife/husband on eharmony. 2) two of my good friends found their partner on eharmony. 3) I hit it off really well with someone I found.

Am I still with anyone on e-harmony? No. Again, I found the candidates to be very serious about finding a potential wife/husband. I didn't feel I was ready for it, so it was disappointing for the guy I met who had the whole package.

Good luck.
 damsel19
Msg: 246
Posted: 2/28/2012 9:58:28 PM
the free sites are just as good if not better as there is no real expectations or feeling ripped off if nothing eventuates. However Oasis a better run site and seems to have less sleazies than here.
 KatieMPH
Msg: 247
Posted: 8/15/2012 5:29:14 PM
It was the worst experience of my life. I got nothing but fundamentalist christians
 OldSpice48
Msg: 248
Posted: 8/16/2012 3:21:59 AM
I don't know why everyone here is dissing eHarmony. I met all 5 of my (now ex) wives through that dating site...
 Crsdan57
Msg: 249
Posted: 8/16/2012 6:38:13 AM
I have no problem with eHarmony. I met several quality people on there and have been in a relationship for 3 years with someone I met there. There is, at least there was a function where you can skip the levels and go straight to emailing each other. If I were to be looking again I would join again.

I dont mind paying a few bucks for a dating site. I feel it weeds out the people that wont or cant pay for a dating site.
 FisherMane2012
Msg: 250
Posted: 8/16/2012 12:05:06 PM
I was rejected when I tried to sign up so at least I got to keep my money!
 xxx1903
Msg: 251
Posted: 6/1/2015 11:03:09 PM
your right I have had dates on match and Zoosk and even the sights with no girls make you feel good with lies... but now eHarmony the most expensive!!!! double nooooo triple sucks
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 252
Posted: 6/2/2015 1:26:36 AM
A few years ago, I signed up for EH. I was led to believe a person who pays for an OLD site, may be more serious or genuinely looking for a relationship. HA HA
A dating site is only as good, as the customers who use it. In other words. I live in Southwest Michigan. When assigning a match to me, E-Harmony matched me to men living in Chicago. ? No customers on E-Harmony from a 50 mile radius of me? LOL, I'm not moving and I'm not driving 2 plus hours every weekend in city traffic to find a date.
I finally had my profile deleted. However it was just a month or so ago, that I finally was able to have them remove me from getting E-mails from EH, giving me their sales pitch! Grrrrrr!
 deetristate
Msg: 253
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:02:42 AM
When people pay they are more likely to move away from the computer or phone and actually meet. Here it seems that a lot of people developed online "relationships."
 SLAFFA
Msg: 254
Posted: 6/2/2015 11:28:30 AM
I'm just guessing here so I could be wrong.

Isn't joining any site - paid or Free - a voluntary CHOICE?

Living in the RW [not very popular here] means being subjected to "MISleading" advertising at any time of the day or night, be it billboard, magazines, newspapers or TV. Why would any OLD site be exempt from this?
 norwegianguy123
Msg: 255
Posted: 6/2/2015 11:38:19 AM

I live in Southwest Michigan. When assigning a match to me, E-Harmony matched me to men living in Chicago. ? No customers on E-Harmony from a 50 mile radius of me?

Don't they have a radial distance of preference? I've heard with EH they have a high emphasis on compatibility factor. And I'm sure there'd be a decent amount of people in Kalamazoo worthy of going out on a date with. But Chi-town -- there's tons o people, and it limits the amount of people at one time they match you up with -- so if your/their radial distance is big, yeah, I would see those coming up a lot more than people closer to home.

I like the ideal of eHarmony, a site where you don't go to the buffet line and pick and choose on your own (people can be bad about that on compatibility and/or too indecisive), but instead they bring out a few plates to you to look over and consider. Problem is, they better be good at the few plates they bring to your table.
 Ladyinred4755
Msg: 256
Posted: 6/2/2015 12:14:01 PM

Don't they have a radial distance of preference?

To be honest, my experience with EH was 3, maybe 4 years ago. IF they included a distance preference, by all means I would have used 50 miles as my preference. Actually Kalamazoo is 60+ miles away, LOL
I am within 20 miles of South Bend, Indiana, but it seems EH (at that time) did not have a large user/customer base in this area. EH chose my matches from Chicago. Wellll ............it is 50 miles or so away, across the cold deep dark waters of Lake Michigan. LOL, I suppose one could swim?

The user/customer base geographically can be a problem from any OLD site.

My real problem with them, was deleting my personal info, AND convincing them to STOP with the E-mail, advertisements.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 257
view profile
History
Posted: 6/2/2015 4:58:16 PM
A few people I knew of tried EH, and all were turned down. Since I couldn't justify spending the money, I never even bothered to investigate it. Pof isn't very active in South Bend. (Actually, the "bend" is the biggest center of nothing I ever saw. Rates right up there with Gary, East St. Louis and the ever popular Benton Harbor, Mi.) Those whom actually go online on a daily basis, is 15-20 per day. Or about 10% of the actual available single women in my age range. Expand my search area, then the numbers increase to about 50. That's fine, if I intend to travel an hour one way just to date. And add $30 bucks to the cost of a date.

EH may as well be an unknown to me.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 258
Posted: 6/2/2015 5:03:27 PM
countrygal45- I tried it too, during one of their supposed "free" trials.
What happened was I could join for free, I just couldn't message anyone or look for matches until I paid.
Total bs, paid sites are no better than free ones, so why pay?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 259
Posted: 6/7/2015 11:36:56 AM
I had ONLY used paid dating sites, never any free ones.

EH worked well for me. I paid for a year, so the monthly was about 29. I know I procrastinate about getting back to people and using the system, I wanted to give myself plenty of time.

I put in unlimited distance, so I was matched with local and foreign women. At one time in 3 months when I wasn't logging into EH I had over 1000 matches. But I do live within 25 miles of Chicago.

I dated one woman in Hong Kong, she was a good person to date, one woman was in China, but she was a Brazilian national teaching English in China. She was up for traveling around parts of China on her school break, but I never got to meet her, I got involved with my now wife.

A lot of women closer to me, I met 3 I think, one would have been a good long term dating partner, but I was already too involved with my future wife.

I didn't have any problems canceling other than the procedure to cancel was a more involved than it needed to be, and as far as EH emails, I posted on EH that I met someone so they didn't send me more emails and in any case I would just sent them to junk and not even see the emails.

So I had no problems using EH, and no experience with free sites.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 260
view profile
History
Posted: 6/8/2015 7:27:28 AM
I joined EH on a free weekend. The free weekends are deceiving because it takes several message exchanges before you can freely communicate. If you're not diligent about going through their preformatted Q&A quickly, your free weekend runs out before you get a real connection.

If you want to try EH, wait for a free weekend on a holiday weekend because they give you a longer weekend. Then join as soon as the free trial starts, follow all the steps asap, message right away, reply right away, etc.

Last time I tried it, I got one guy who seemed great, we went to phone calls and texting until he drunk texted me that "we won't have a relationship if he doesn't enjoy the sex." Another turned out to be a guy I communicated with about 2 years ago and even though we got along fine in our messages, he decided not to meet me because I'm letting my hair go gray. I wonder if he's been paying EH for 2+ years?

Anyway, the matches seemed pretty good the second time, so I decided to pay when my free trial ended. Immediately the matches they sent were completely unacceptable. Men who I had NOTHING in common with. Men who didn't complete their profiles. Men who were too far away. Men who lived in Canada! (I'm in the Detroit area.) So I called and asked for a refund. And I got my money back.
 gtomustang
Msg: 261
Posted: 6/8/2015 9:53:22 AM
a free website is a good place to "practice". Just like an ad campaign, find out what photos of you work best, whether you should tell all about yourself or be a mystery, et cetera. Plus, this site has a forum with a section called, "profile review".

why pay to find all these things out?
 Eternitygracesme
Msg: 262
Posted: 6/8/2015 9:56:16 AM
eHarmony = eHerpes
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >