Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why is it hard for guys to date a deaf girl      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 101
why is it hard for guys to date a deaf girlPage 5 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I have enough trouble getting dates from any women, I'm not about to turn down someone cuz they're deaf. I already know the signs for turtle, cat, and toilet. What more do I need?
 usanzac
Msg: 102
why is it hard for guys to date a deaf girl
Posted: 4/15/2005 2:50:42 PM
Huh? What did you say?
 garyo1954
Msg: 103
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2005 6:25:50 PM
Goofy, I wasn't serious you know. What I meant was it was hard to sign in the shower when you are having sex. Somebody has to hold the soap.

I would date a deaf girl. I have 40% hearing between two ears with hearing aides. And one ear doesn't work at all. Explaining to a deaf person what a clangor at a railroad crossing sounds like, is the same as trying to describe blue to a blind person.

But you know what wonderful is? It is hearing the sound of a keyboard when you never knew it clicked. That was me.

Yes I would date a deaf girl.
 discover
Msg: 104
Posted: 4/15/2005 6:44:32 PM

I believe that if a person is willing to take the time to learn to communicate, then anything is possible- that is applicable in any relationship really.

You're absolutely right. Communication is the key to any relationship.

I wouldn't find it hard to date someone who was deaf. In fact, I'd probably learn as much sign-language as I could before I'd ask them out! :)
 kj
Msg: 105
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2005 10:32:40 PM
I DID once date a deaf girl. She was deaf from about 2 years old and so could read lips very, very well. But, if we were out with another couple, she would get extremely frustrated because the conversation would come spontaneously from one of the other three of us, which she was unable to predict and so couldn't follow the conversation. On the other hand, one-on-one, she was the best listener I've ever known. And so expressive with her eyes and face and body language, which was cool. Her speech was strange at times - sometimes sounded almost mentally-challenged, but other times sort of European, which was very sexy. Phone conversations most interesting of all: I call through special BellSouth number, operator calls her number, light blinks at her house, she places phone on a special receiver connected to her computer; she types "hello", operator repeats her words, as if her; I talk to operator as if her; operator types in to her and so on. Got reallllllly weird when operator was male. First call was what sounded to be a black man with a deep voice. I ask her out. He says (deep voice), "Yeah ... I'd love to hook up with you. Maybe we meet at a nice restaurant." Very weird! Some operators just read back in flat tone; others got melodramatic. But, to get to the question: I shared this because as you hopefully can see, it's not something you can't overcome. You adjust very quickly to her deafness and it just seems normal after awhile. So, please, guys, don't ever pass up a deaf girl for being deaf. They compensate for their handicap in some amazing, and I tell you, AMAZING ways and are some of the best communicators you will ever meet!
 goofycutie21
Msg: 106
Posted: 4/19/2005 2:07:21 PM
lol I can so relate... it gets weird for me too... thats pretty much why i prefer using email or text msging... kind of cuts out the middle man and kind of... "i'm saying what I want" and you know its coming from me kind of a thing. soo yeah there are different ways you can communicate with someone.
 drake
Msg: 107
Posted: 4/19/2005 5:16:25 PM
Huh? What? Speak up!
 jpl3447
Msg: 108
Posted: 4/19/2005 6:20:41 PM
HI DRAKE HOW ARE YOU!!! ISN'T PLENTYOFFISH WONDERFUL!!! LOL
 goofycutie21
Msg: 109
Posted: 4/20/2005 8:17:28 AM
hahah funny.... I could talk even louder if you want....
 Domeroth
Msg: 110
Posted: 4/20/2005 8:30:43 AM
If the title is a serious question...

I've got to agree with the communication problem. But, so long as she could write on a peice of paper, or I could learn sign language, or find SOME WAY to communicate. I don't see why I couldn't.
 goofycutie21
Msg: 111
Posted: 4/20/2005 3:23:13 PM
it was a serious question... it seems like all the nice guys are here... mm i feel all safe and warm...
 suthrncharm
Msg: 112
Posted: 4/20/2005 4:58:28 PM
when your in basic training you will recieve a card with sign and morse code on it, only the truly serious use it, and it comes in handy during blackout training, no noises and flash surpressors, but going to linguistics at ft irwin califoirnia i learned spanish and military sign...so it would still be hard, but id still date a deaf girl even a mute, pen and paper are readily availible whenever voices cant be used
 Lonelostsoul
Msg: 113
Posted: 4/20/2005 5:16:29 PM

I've got to agree with the communication problem. But, so long as she could write on a peice of paper

Pondering the sight : durring intercourse female scribbling frantic and quickly passing notes "faster!" "deeper!" "no..not there"

Sometimes it just wouldn't cut it
 goofycutie21
Msg: 114
Posted: 4/20/2005 5:28:00 PM
lol you could tell what she'd want by looking at her... Or her rolling over on top of you and getting what we want.. :-)
 garyo1954
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2005 5:34:30 PM
When is your flight to Texas arriving, goof?
 23NorthToronto
Msg: 116
Posted: 4/23/2005 12:47:00 AM
I love peace and quiet. We can write and type what we have to say to each other. I would wish I could hear her sweet voice. I really would wish she could hear mine.

That is if I ever date a deaf girl.
 goofycutie21
Msg: 117
Posted: 5/3/2005 1:35:04 PM
peace and quiet is what I know of in the morning and night as i sleep. during the day I talk. like a normal person. I can hear like a normal person, just not as good. I remind myself, not to take it all for granted for without the gift of my implant, I would always remain in the world of simply peace and quiet and just spoken words.
 Alias788
Msg: 118
Posted: 5/3/2005 2:10:49 PM
I think dating a deaf girl would probably be a great thing for me. Im not so good with words when im nervous, but I can drawl really good. Having a conversation based on pictures could be kinda fun, but I would definiately learn how to sign ASAP.
 random4
Msg: 119
Posted: 5/3/2005 2:24:08 PM
I think it would be hard to date a deaf girl only because whatever she did with her hands I would wonder what she might be saying.
 cheekybugger
Msg: 120
Posted: 5/3/2005 2:39:37 PM
Being deaf myself I have to say i have never had problems dating however, I had many problems with people being ignorant assumming that because I am deaf I must be dumb. They soon found out the truth!
 SarGasm
Msg: 121
Posted: 5/3/2005 10:21:13 PM
i've got no reason to discriminate...it's all about the person...not the problem.

years ago i dated a girl who was 80% blind. the only part where i laughed at her was when she told me i was the best looking guy she ever dated. maybe it was mean...or maybe i'm one hell of a hot blur!
 nick23
Msg: 122
Posted: 5/4/2005 12:35:21 AM
i'm border-line legaly blind so i'd defanetly date a deaf girl. bigest problem with that would be sence my vision is so bad i don't always look at people when i talk to em but i'd be wiling to lern. least i'l be able to sing al i want an not scare her off with my bad voice
 BulldogMedic
Msg: 123
Posted: 5/4/2005 12:44:49 AM
It's hard enough to date a hearing girl, too.
 goofycutie21
Msg: 124
Posted: 5/11/2005 1:35:24 PM
Its hard enough dating anyone and figuring out what they're all about and if you can trust them....
 wantingagoodwoman
Msg: 125
Posted: 5/13/2005 6:15:39 AM
I would not have a problem dating a deaf girl. There are many ways of communicating with someone. It is being in the presence with someone that you care about, and enjoying their company, and not their disability. If you choose to judge them by their disability, then it is you who is the loser !
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > why is it hard for guys to date a deaf girl