Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 18 year old gets 10 years for sex with 15 year old!!!!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 luckyducky2
Msg: 126
view profile
History
18 year old gets 10 years for sex with 15 year old!!!!Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Robin, I wish that I could agree with yoiu on a 18 year old being able to know better than a 15 year-old but I cannot. I am not certain that I know better now at 57 than I knew when I was 45. I had my first sexal experience when I was two years-old at the hand of an older woman (who was 4 years old) and all I knew is that I liked it. She apperently did like it as well since I could not have been her first or she would not have known about it. That open some questios I cannot answer as far as what and where she learned that (questions I cannot answer). Of course, ther was no intercourse and she could not possibly have got pregnant. After that and before the age of puberty, I had been invited in the drawers of practically all the girls in my neighborhood. I grew up in France. A point to consider is that all the children then where baby boomers and there were quite a few of then within walking distance. My point is here that even though babies cannot have babies, they can be sexal animals and often are. That they should not be thinking about having sex is probably true but they do. I would consider what was happening an aberration if I was the only one affected but I was not. Having learned that I like this particular activity (remember that I was the same age as they were), I continued entertaining the ladies until way after puberty. I did know about procreation and learned about protecting my partners as well as myself but I was never made aware of what legal risks I encontered until I came back from Vietnam at the age of 22 when one of my 18 year-old soldiers was accused of statuary rape. It never entered my mind that what I and my sexal partners enjoyed could be illegal and that is the truth. My point is even though "ignorance of the Law is no Excuse" I believe that everything should be done to to make sure that the law should be make clear before responsibilities and blame are assigned.
 americangentleman
Msg: 127
view profile
History
18 year old gets 10 years for sex with 15 year old!!!!
Posted: 8/14/2005 3:08:45 AM
Before thinking with what is underneath his pants, he should have thought of the consequences. It is not enough to just say its a three age difference.
 worstguyonhere
Msg: 128
Posted: 8/14/2005 6:14:04 AM
Rules are rules, laws are laws. Lots of young kids these days are sexually active, We shove it down their throats on tv, radio, and in print. The internet is flooded with info to arouse and in some cases enlighten. I can't honestly believe that even a mentally deficient 18 year old would not recognize that he was taking "advantage" of the situation. The statute seeks to prevent that situation from recurring. 15 is way young. Just because all the priests are doing it doesn't make it o.k.
 Drake~
Msg: 129
Posted: 8/14/2005 8:29:05 AM
14 years old is the age you can have sex with anyone you want,dosent matter the age.If he got ten years he raped her.
 Truebeautycomeswithin
Msg: 130
Posted: 8/14/2005 11:32:00 AM
@Drake.14 is the age you can have sex.wow what is this world is coming too,anything goes nowdays.man thats sick.
 inni
Msg: 131
Posted: 8/14/2005 11:41:39 AM
Key word here "consentual" ... As long as she was willing, there was not enough age difference to make this "child molestation" ... He got a raw deal.

He should have known better - I must say, but ... 10 years?! Proof that our system is NOT working!
 inni
Msg: 132
Posted: 8/14/2005 11:43:50 AM

14 years old is the age you can have sex with anyone you want,dosent matter the age.If he got ten years he raped her.

Drake .. where in the world did you get that idea? Must be from another country - because in the US .. it's pretty much 18!

In some states, kids can be charged even if both parties are under 18...
 calmingchaos
Msg: 133
Posted: 8/14/2005 11:53:25 AM
Drake .. where in the world did you get that idea? Must be from another country - because in the US .. it's pretty much 18!

In Canada, the age for sexual consent is 14.

A quick search on the web reveals the age for sexual consent varies in the United States. If the sources I am using are reputable the age is anywhere from 14 to 18.
 inni
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:06:00 PM
Thanks Calming... interesting info... I'll have to do more research - I was always under the impression it was 18 in most states.

I guess Arkansas doesn't count.

... Just Kidding!!!
 shortnfunny
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/15/2005 10:12:22 AM
at 15 yrs a girl is unable to think clearly and makes bad decisions. Him being older he was in a position of power. See when i was 15 i hung out with older guys and so did my friends, and we now realize that we were being controlled for we wern't mature enough to know the difference. We all have daughters now, and so help any guy who is of legal age who tries to date my daughter. Your ideas change once u have children of your own espeically little girls and u see how vulnerable they are.

I do believe though that 10 yrs was to much, and maybe even 3 yrs probation was enough to send a message out there to all the guys out there who like ot take advantage of young woman. It shows someting about thier maturity, if all they can get is a 15 yrs girl to sleep with them.
 MorrieS
Msg: 136
Posted: 8/15/2005 10:39:44 PM
Has anyone checked this out to be true?
 oasisbeyond
Msg: 137
Posted: 8/15/2005 10:42:36 PM
hmm I know plenty of 18+ doing it with 14.

Have you ever been in school? every clas has atleast 3 14year olds that do anything.

If he raped her? then he should get 10+ If he went out with her and she wanted too?

Heck no.

We live in a weird world, where 50 years olds doing 4 year old kids, and they can't do nothing about them.

Yet these guys were 4 years apart

18 year olds go and and do 40+ year olds everyday.
 byronus
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:26:20 PM
well, I just gotta add this.. a TRUE CASE

a guy in his twenties came from the next state to meet a 15 yr old he had met on the internet...

her parents got wise and notified the police,,,

he was arrested...

he was offered probation if he pled guilty (he never did meet the girl). He refused insiting he did not do any thing wrong

he went to trial, was found guilty, and sentenced to 10 years in prison... LOL
 Wrockhound
Msg: 139
Posted: 8/16/2005 1:20:28 AM

he went to trial, was found guilty, and sentenced to 10 years in prison... LOL

I could understand that if he actually had sex with the girl, but are you are saying that he was arrested and convicted of a crime that he didn't actually commit had only thought about commiting? This is assuming that he knew full well she was 15 years old. I have a 15 year old cousin who posts her age as 18 just to get access to some websites.
 romegaguy
Msg: 140
Posted: 1/5/2007 9:43:25 PM
Yeah im familiar with this since this happened in georgia. From what i seen in the news this guy who was 17 was taping sex acts with girls at a motel and somehow the 15 year old got caught in the mix. The only thing she done was giving oral sex to the guy. But it all came down to georgia law and the video tape. It was hard for jurors to let him off the hook because of tape. They find him not-guilty rape but they couldnt find him innocent on sex with a minor which is 15 and under in ga. The biggest problem is they couldn't say he didn't do it because its right there on the tape. IMO this guy got done wrong period! kids now days 13,14,15 years old are having sex and this guy got treated like he's the only one whos having sex with girls that age. This happens all the time but 10 years? It goes to show ya our stupid laws in georgia.
 twoshadows
Msg: 141
Posted: 1/6/2007 7:50:16 AM
There are now laws in many places against internet luring. It's a crime whether or not any sex takes place. Too bad we don't have on a little more info on the original post.
Here in Canada consensual sex with a girl of 15 is not a crime unless the man is her teacher,coach,or in a position of authority over her.

Pictures are another matter entirely,and this is where things get really stupid. A 40 yr old man can have consensual sex with a 15 yr old girl and that's fine,but if he takes a nude picture of her he can go to jail for that.
 romegaguy
Msg: 142
Posted: 1/6/2007 8:00:20 PM
I think the biggest problem with ga law is this guy was 17 at the time and she was 15 neither one was at legal age. So what does the law say about this in reverse? a woman who is 17 and the guy was 15 hum guess what the guy will still probably go to jail. Both under the age of adulthood the guy is under the age to consent a sex act but if this happen like that the woman will walk free.
 Matty.0082
Msg: 143
Posted: 1/6/2007 11:03:24 PM
too many numbers are being thrown my way. I blame global warming.
 manny541
Msg: 144
Posted: 3/25/2007 1:13:38 PM
Ok...I didn't read ALL the Posts in here but it seems that most of the guys in here are younger and seem to think this could happen to them. Most of them seem to think..hey, she gave it up on her own...seems to be the Mentality of the young and HORNY...It's not whether or not it is consentual it is that the Law states the age of legal consent.... 14 is not in that group of consent...it is Considered Statutory Rape. So, guys..be careful...and to the one who said he would get her to sign something..if she is underage..it won't hold up.
 stormee-d
Msg: 145
Posted: 3/26/2007 10:00:30 PM
I almost hate to ask this, but... What about the GIRLS responsibility in all this?? If a girl 14 years old or younger consents to having sex with a boy 15-19 years old, is she not kinda equally responsible for the whole situation?

If my daughter had sex that young with an 18 year old boy... i wouldn't be having him charged and arrested... i think i would be wondering moreso what i did wrong as a parent ... that my child even had the OPPORTUNITY to be having sex at that age !

What possible good can come out of putting a young man - who might be at a maturity level equal to a 14 -16 year old- in prison?? What is the point?? As long as sex is consentual, i think maybe the parents, girl, and boy & his parents should be dealing with it... not the law.

I really wonder how many young "consenting" sexual girls are honest about their age in the first place? How many gals even 12 years old are making themselves up to look & act 17-18?

Maybe parents should start being more AWARE & IN CONTROL of what their daughters (and sons) are wearing, acting like, where they are going, and what they are DOING? {Just my opinion on the situation}
 loversnapper
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2007 11:30:10 PM
This is ridiculous. Parents may not like it, it may make them squirm and make them uncomfortable - but the fact is 13, 14, and 15 year olds like to have sex. Talk to your kids about birth control. From a physiological stance, how old are females when they get their menstrual cycle? If you believe in god and creation, why would god have girls get their period at 12, or 13 if they aren't supposed to procreate or even think about that dirty messy thing called sex and lust until at least age 18? In some parts of the world throughout history and even today, girls aged 11, 12, 13, and up were/are married off to men of all ages.

Get that kid out of jail. It is a travesty of justice.
 ganxtah
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 12:03:30 AM
it was oral sex, get your story straight jesus. he got 10 years for getting head from a 15 yr old an he was 18, and she even tried to tell the court that she wanted to give him head and blah blah blah..... now his life is ruined... us crying about it isnt going to change a damn thing.
 Bubbles27
Msg: 148
Posted: 3/28/2007 1:51:48 AM
How hard is it for 18yr old men to learn to keep it in their pants around 15yr old girls?

They call it jail bait for a reason

Wait till you men have 14/15yr old daughters...
at 14/15 you have a lot of growing up to do. They are naive little girls looking for love. Pathetic boys seem to go for the easy targets.
 stormee-d
Msg: 149
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:10:29 AM
Bubbles...
although i partially agree with the fact that SOME young girls are naive, and lookin for "love", i still can't blame what ultimately happens on the young boys/"men" only.

The 18 year old boys i see are certainly not much more "mature" than some 15 year olds even. And, the fact that some of these 13-15 year old girls dress & act like 17-19 year old (------es)- and are ACTIVELY SEDUCING the boys... some lying about their ages... well, i just can't blame it on the guys.

My 15 year old is mature for her age, and could easily pass for 18...so if she were to seduce an 18 yr old, I'm supposed to blame him? No. When she does decide to become sexually active, she knows that SHE is responsible for her choices .

And, if it's a matter of "law", perhaps there should be charges against the young girls too, because they too should know it is a law... and should have consequences also.

As for law & sentencing... anyone here can actually say that an 18 year old having sexual relations with a "minor", deserves to get a longer sentence than a rapist, murderer, or grown men who raped a 5 year old girl????

(gee, i just realized that my pic is kinda "unisex", so i should clarify that i am a female)
 cw35
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2007 8:13:54 AM
I'm sure you could say that the guy probably had a lot of growing up to do as well. Unfortunately, this only seems to be a good excuse for young girls and not young guys. She knew what she was doing just as well as he did. Anyone who thinks most young girls are innocent these days has been living under a rock.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > 18 year old gets 10 years for sex with 15 year old!!!!