Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 223
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!Page 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
I just have one thing to say to all the nice guys that say women don't want a nice guy. The problem is that we DO want a nice guy. The jerks we end up with TELL us they are nice guys and at first, they are. THEN they turn into the jerks they really are. You see, those jerks have got our number and know we are looking for a good guy. It's only until later their true identity comes out. This makes us women gun-shy and question when a man tells us he's one of the good ones. I will forever have optimism that out of all these jerks at least ONE will end up to be truly a nice guy. Until then, I'm still fishing for him!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 227
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:28:49 PM
Hmmmmmmm I can't be THAT nice a guy then. I won't just date anyone regardless of their looks or grooming lmao
 snowboardMTBikeguy
Msg: 228
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:39:40 PM
lol been there done that...to true...
 snowboardMTBikeguy
Msg: 229
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 8:03:37 PM
I was responding to this
A nice guy is one who will quietly slip away rather than saying..."OMG You're fat and ugly!!" .
If a woman says that she is 5 10 at 140lbs ...then ya know she is not fat...however, when you get to your date and she is 5 10 alright, and is 210...then you slip away...I have no tolerance for people who lie. So they do not deserve my respect...

Also, how do we spot the nice girls??

One that is sincerely happy you’re going for beers, wings and watching the game with your buds.
One that does not pick a fight when you say you’re grumpy.
One that say they love you just because, not because you buy them something.
One that will not bother you to do house work when you’re working from home during regular business hours.
One that will not feel compelled to talk when you want to sit and chill and be quiet then ask you what’s wrong.
One that will not pick a fight over a dang toilet seat. man that bugs the hell out of me...
grrr
One that knows your not a morning person and will respect that you like to sleep in on the weekends.

OH I could go on..... But I won’t...is there any nice girls out there...ha

stillalicious
Msg: 233
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/23/2007 3:39:50 AM

we all know how to spot a player but what about a nice guy?

a few traits I know of are:

he pulls out the chair for you
he calls when he says he is going to call
he looks in your eyes when speaking to you
he truly listens
he apologizes when he has been wrong
he is a gentleman

I know the saying "nice guys finish last" but I dont believe that for one minute....

how do you fellow fishies spot a nice guy!

^^^^That is a good start of how to spot one. Respectful of others in general is another one.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 237
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/23/2007 8:03:21 PM
Good lord, some people read into things waaaaaaaaaay too much...lol What we're saying is, in OUR experience (not everyone's), we have met more men pretending to be nice guys than genuine nice guys. Maybe the genuine nice guys are just too afraid to make the first move and they are over looked because we don't know you exist. The point is, no one knows if you really, truely are a nice guy/gal until the getting to know you stage. Anyone can say they're one of the good ones. The proof is in the pudding. Just have to find one.

I know I think of myself as a sweet person, I've been told by friends, co-workers etc they think that also BUT...I do have opinions and when a man may read some of my posts, he might not perceive what I've written as sweet. But that's all in the interpretation. So all you truely nice guys who moan and whine about not being wanted, or all you nice guys that have an opinion not everyone will agree with, you have to remember who's reading your posts. I take my chances with my opinions and if I'm seen in a bad light because of a mood I was in that day, or a particular point of view, I have to roll with the punches.

Nice guys don't finish last...it just takes a wee bit longer for the right woman to find you because of all the idiots out there giving you a bad name. The same can go for a woman. Unfortunately alot of us that have had some bad dating experiences will be just a little more cautious.
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 238
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/23/2007 8:12:43 PM

One that is sincerely happy you’re going for beers, wings and watching the game with your buds.

One that doesn't mind you going out with the girls dancing, or hey even better will ask you to come along.

One that say they love you just because, not because you buy them something.

One that doesn't buy you something just in hopes to get a little something.

One that will not bother you to do house work when you’re working from home during regular business hours.

One that is willing to help you with the housework after you have both put in a days work.

One that will not feel compelled to talk when you want to sit and chill and be quiet then ask you what’s wrong.

All I can say to that one is ditto!!

One that will not pick a fight over a dang toilet seat. man that bugs the hell out of me...

Man do you know how it feels to get up in the middle of the night and go to sit on wet freezing cold porclein? Not to mention the cold water on your butt

Let's face it we all would like pretty much the same thing in the long run no matter what sex you are.
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 240
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/23/2007 8:28:26 PM
Oh that is where they are, time to play hide and seek then.

Come out Come out Where ever you are!!

Actually I believe there is a lot of great people on here but what one may find a good guy/girl another may not. All in the eye of the beholder
 KatzzMeow
Msg: 242
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/23/2007 8:55:35 PM
pulls on mummy strings..."sorry got a flu here and need some of it to blow my nose" giggling.

Things will happen if and when they're meant to

Very good little grasshopper, you are learning well.

Running now for being a little shit tonight
Yep think I'm starting to feel a little better.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 246
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/25/2007 9:44:35 PM
I'm of the opinion that there's a whole lot of "window shopping" going on, both in the POF pond and the Real World ... (i.e. when folks continually look at something/somebody that's "out of range" for them ... but they just can't take their eyes off it/him/her ... with the result that ... they miss out on the "real bargains" ... chuckle!)

And, even then ... once somebody stops and looks ... it's like shopping for a used car - they think to themselves "the mileage is too high/there's GOTTA be something wrong with the rear end/under the hood ... haha!)

Hmmm ... maybe it's time to rewrite the profiles ...

Bargain! Dependable!! Not a guzzler!!! Guaranteed to start on cold mornings, will never let you down, will always get you there (and back)!!!! Has all the original parts!!!!! Come on down for a test drive!!!!!! Terms available!!!!!!

Hmmm ... whadda ya think?
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 247
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/26/2007 3:50:02 AM
P.S. How could I forget? (luckily another thread reminded me ...)

Passes emission tests!!!!!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 276
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/28/2007 5:02:08 PM
I'm still not a nice guy!!!! All this talk about how to spot a nice guy or how not to spot a nice guy or if nice guys exist or if they don't ... they do exist. They are out there. The question for those who say they couldn't spot a nice guy is, are you actually seeking to meet a nice guy?
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 278
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/28/2007 7:40:11 PM

Unfortunatley for men and women, we don't give people enough of a chance..if that initial "wham zinger, I feel the body heating up.." feeling doesn't occur in the first minute..then they pass someone bye. Same goes for pictures! I went to a party lastnight..and after seeing peoples pics and seeing them in person, pics do NO ONE justice....you can't go bye them at all. You use them as a very low tool in deciding whether to meet someone!

Thats my two cents.

See you at the next thread Dante..lol

where'd you go? Ya disappeared already?

Nice guys allow women to forum stalk them as long as they want!!! hahahaha..

I agree with your point regarding making fast judgements on people. I think many of us, myself included, have done this and it is unfortunate. That wham zinger feeling seems to be a necessary element for most of us, yet when you talk to some elder folk who have been married for umteen years, they say that the love they have for their S/O grew over time, and some of them never had the wham zing of initial chemistry.
 musicnut46
Msg: 288
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 2/3/2007 2:21:56 PM
First-off,don't "play" with a "nice" guy. Give him a chance to prove it. THe lebeel of niceness goes hand in hand with the level of the "relationship". If he's just a guy you know,saying hi is nice,if he's a "friend",wanna go for coffee is nice,If he's a "date",holding hands is nice,if he's a dance partner, slow-dancing is nice,if he's an S/0,buying suprises is nice. Nice guys get over-looked. You spot them by getting to know them. You might have to take the first step to meet him.
 musicnut46
Msg: 292
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 3/11/2007 12:40:47 PM
Bingo...Nice and.....don't work. Nice and Nice can,if you let them. If she insists you are nice,damn it.... let him prove it. If you are compatible and nice....best you do work with it. If you like hanging-out together say if you just wanna be Friends or see what you might like to see. Hanging-out,having fun is nice but the type of fun depends on how well you like each other.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 298
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 3/13/2007 9:20:57 AM
It is a good topic for discussion Miragey but I think people keep getting confused about what is Behavior or Character and what is good manners. Most players? They have GREAT Manners. They say the right things, act the right way, smile and nod and are agreeable and likeable at first. They know all the strings to pull and all the right moves.

Pull out the chair? check.
Open the door for her? check.
Tell her what she wants to hear? check.
Agree with her about almost everything? check.
Do or say anything they have to so that the other person is hooked? check.
Do that with a bunch of different people without any one of them knowing? check.

Ya see, the nice guy does a few of those things because it is good etiquette. However a nice guy:

- Tells you the truth even when it hurts, but is there to help you sort through things.
- Doesn't just talk with you when it's convenient for them, but will call or sit there with you even at the worst times.
- Actually listens to you and interacts in conversation.
- Doesn't act or put up a front. Is himself for better or worse.
- Doesn't try to impress anyone. Just acts like himself.
- Is sensitive towards the feelings of everyone around him.
- Does not have hidden agendas.
- Does not lie.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 299
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 3/13/2007 9:22:01 AM
It is a good topic for discussion Miragey but I think people keep getting confused about what is Behavior or Character and what is good manners. Most players? They have GREAT Manners. They say the right things, act the right way, smile and nod and are agreeable and likeable at first. They know all the strings to pull and all the right moves.

Pull out the chair? check.
Open the door for her? check.
Tell her what she wants to hear? check.
Agree with her about almost everything? check.
Do or say anything they have to so that the other person is hooked? check.
Do that with a bunch of different people without any one of them knowing? check.

Ya see, the nice guy does a few of those things because it is good etiquette. However a nice guy:

- Tells you the truth even when it hurts, but is there to help you sort through things.
- Doesn't just talk with you when it's convenient for them, but will call or sit there with you even at the worst times.
- Actually listens to you and interacts in conversation.
- Doesn't act or put up a front. Is himself for better or worse.
- Doesn't try to impress anyone. Just acts like himself.
- Is sensitive towards the feelings of everyone around him.
- Does not have hidden agendas.
- Does not lie.
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 301
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 3/13/2007 10:26:26 AM
... and some nice guys sign up for POF, hang around for a year, and still don't get a bite.
 Firmbear8
Msg: 307
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 4/21/2007 10:13:01 PM
Well now not all of us Nice Guys are finishing last if your wondering.
I for one am one of those nice guys your all knocking around . But being a nice guy I can take the heat and keep on being me. Yep sure lots of you ladies will fall for the players and sure when you get burned you then blame all men .
And yeah I read what dante posted about nice guys and it sounds like he's talking about me !LOL
Now a word of advise about nice guys ladies and that is.
We nice guys can wait till your done being hurt & getting your hearts busted by them players and when your ready for one of us nice guys we will still be here waiting !

Oh sure it might be boring waiting but if we want the best lady for us then we don't mind the wait . Its just how long you ladies are gonna put up with the players that makes us wonder!!
 mitchchan
Msg: 326
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/15/2008 4:08:20 PM
a nice guy can turn into mr. jerkyl and hyde too. if he treats you like real gold and won't take you for granted... and see how he treats his mother too.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 328
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/16/2008 11:53:45 AM
sheila: yeah that isn't the best way to start a conversation. I try to get to know the person for who they are first. Many other things to talk about besides sex!

It's ok to flirt to show your interest but there is a time and place for that to be appropriate.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 329
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/16/2008 2:21:33 PM
Spotting nice guys is easy. Go to any hospital and get to the maternity ward. Spot all the newborn baby boys in the nursery. There ya go. Nice guys, all of them!!!

hahahahahaha
 dwinottawa
Msg: 330
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/16/2008 3:55:46 PM
Good one Dante.

Nice guys they may be, but isn't that taking the "robbing the cradle" scenario a little too literally????
 aGent Lemon
Msg: 342
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 9/28/2009 11:43:08 AM
I very much agree with what kobestar has listed (msg:12).

About the "I'm a nice guy" approach...
I do suspect that the many of both genders will want to give the impression that they themselves are nice when they're actually not and as some really imagine themselves to be... in otherwords... such an self proclaim is unfortunately... near meaningless.

With facebook...
What I feel is the most convincing is to know a multitude of people, especially of the opposite gender, testify that you're a truly nice person which is one of the reasons why I'm so glad to be a facebook member, but also realized a few might find it quite difficult to figure out how anybody can have an excellent reputation with the general public. Having to somewhat muster the courage to always respectfully introduce myself to everybody... I also found that several of the ladies who were quick to misjudge now think of me as a great friends because they later on discover we have several friends in common. Anyhow, I figure all any woman has to do is to check if we have the same friends in common then ask them about me... why there isn't a testimonial type application for this is beyond me.

So why am I still available although there's somebody else I'm with?
Not feeling this world is currently worthy enough to have any children of my own, the lovely lady in question intends to have at least one before reaching anywhere close to 40... so we're just in practice until either of us can move onward.
 SocialLeper
Msg: 346
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 10/21/2011 11:47:27 PM
The nice guys are all the guys you never give a second thought.

/thread
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >