Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 126
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!Page 2 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Oh yes,

I don't claiim to be a nice guy. I'm a prick actually lmao
 raz90909
Msg: 135
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/19/2006 10:39:09 AM
Finding a nice guy is simple!
The problem is women are not trying to find a nice guy.
They're trying to find a nice guy who is single, looks gorgeous, a great job, nice car, with no baggage. there a little trickier to find.

Thougtht:
the nice guy is the guy who sat beside you and patiently listened while you spilled your heart out about how hard it is to find a nice guy!
 Sparklin
Msg: 137
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/19/2006 11:23:34 AM
In all honesty - I don't care what car they drive or how much money they make! I don't want them to open my doors or stand when I walk into a room. I want nice as in faithful, honest, respecatable - pleasant with my family, good to my kids and friendly to my friends.

I don't want to be pampered or adored - that would sicken me and get old quickly! I don't even want a nice guy - I want the PERFECT BLEND - Always nice IS boring just like always bad IS yucky! I know I'm not always nice for damn sure haha...so I could probably turn any nice guy into a prick lmao!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 138
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/19/2006 1:37:30 PM
Oh ya, how to spot a nice guy? Has SUCKER STAMPED ON HIS FOREHEAD!!! hahahahaha
 ~~~HK~~~
Msg: 139
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/19/2006 1:48:36 PM
now now^^^ stop being a PR!ck.........your a good guy Dante ......and I don't see SUCKER on your forehead!!!!

oh that's right your the good mix of nice guy and Pr!ck......LMFAO!

VVVVVV See why I'm a greedy b!tch and want a N!ck?????? I got pipes that needs to be done and sometimes I might need cab fare from the plumber!!

well maybe I gotta take up polyamourous.........oh the dread of it all......damn your telling me I need two men????? oh what a shame!!

etp........woot sex sammich with mr.stinkgood yummie pants and Hugh Poffner........go me go 2 are better than 1
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 141
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/19/2006 4:06:31 PM
not sure if this was mentioned about nice guys but they are usually ones who think very positively and believe the glass is half fall!

They are not much for confrontation but more of a peacemaker.

Nice guys show a lot of class and offer to do nice things for others when the other person appreciates it but feels its not necessary.

I am sure 9 out of 10 or maybe all of ya who have seen my posts and/or met me in person have learned that i am a pretty postive guy :)
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 146
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/19/2006 7:33:12 PM
Yep, J is a nice guy. I haven't seen anyone self promote as much as he does but he is a nice fella.

Having said that, you prove the point. You are waiting for your love of your life right? See, nice guys end up waiting, pricks end up taking lmao
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 149
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/20/2006 2:59:43 PM
sis, Dante yeah i guess i am self promoting where I can but i saw the nice guy thread and I was like ooh I defintely gotta post in this one I am just speaking the truth here and hopefully one of the ladies here may give me a shot! So far nothing serious has devloped.

sis: I am sure she is right around the corner and I hope shes a lot like you as i think your awesome

dante: yeah i am being patient and just waiting for the right girl to come along. Ive had some bad expereinces on POF and so I am learning what kinds of girls I am not compatible with.

So now I have more of a clear picture as to what i really want. What i want is an awesome girl who knows how to treat a nice guy "nice" and even more than that
 JackBNimble
Msg: 150
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:13:21 PM
The "attractiveness" of being a nice guy is dependant upon the eyes of the chick who is looking at him . If you are nice ..for your own personal satisfaction .. then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks .
 Fantasys
Msg: 152
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/20/2006 4:33:23 PM
Hey Dante,
If you find her see if she's got a sister!
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 158
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/20/2006 5:17:09 PM
Of course i do sis :) For those that know us both i dont think it should be a surprise that we have developed this bro and sis relationship. We are so similar and share the same views on the many topics discussed here like this one!

I really think your post as well as others here really are expressing what a nice guy really is. i agree that being a nice guy takes some effort as you do have to prove you have those attributes! So sis and others thanks for your posts on what being a nice guy really means.

I hope that the ladies do see who the nice guys are on this site and will just give us a chance.

Since when i first came on here I admit that my fishie criteria was different then it is now as i am keeping my options open to different types of fishies that may be of interest.

So ladies when you say you want a nice guy and you end up meeting what you call "jerks" I really hope that this thread may open your eyes and see what nice guys really are like.

One thing that really worries me is for my friends to end up meeting the wrong person becuase they thought they were "nice" in the beginning :( Everyone is nice in the beginning its the ones that stay nice are the good ones ;)
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 168
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/20/2006 6:23:12 PM
I want to change this thread to "How to Smoke Pot with a Nice Guy" hahahahahahha

Like I said, I'm not a nice guy or a bad guy I'm just an average guy. I'm not going to write a post proclaiming how great I am. I know how great I am. hahahahaha. Seriously though I like me. It's women who don't like me, and that could be a problem when trying to find a mate hahahahaha.
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 169
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/20/2006 6:29:16 PM
chuck: thanks so much for that as its been a pleasure to know you also buddy :)

guys listen to my sis here as she has been one of the ladies here that has helped me to stay positive and see the clear picture on this whole dating/finding a fishe thing.

Shes not my real sister but has always given me some real good advice like sisters usually do ;)

I think it does help to have friends of the opposite sex here to give you advice on this stuff as for this thread here it has opened my eyes for sure and helped me better understand what the women are thinking on this. So sis thanks for your perspective as well as the other ladies :)

Thats what i truly find helpful and for 2007 I am gonna pay closer attention to what the ladies are saying here in the forums :)
 Fidodido73
Msg: 170
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/22/2006 12:56:35 PM
Jeopardy_Junkie: “And he doesn't even expect sex in return for any of these things!!! ..”

Expecting sex in return .. Yiiikes !!

Urban Wanderer Msg:23 .. Good stuff man.. Sad but true.. Thanks for sharing.. ..

Mirage9: “I dont equate the nice guy with a negative undertone arbitrarily....however if the nice guy is a wimp and has self esteem issues then yes I can see it having a negative undertone...”

Mirage once again you have spoken the bitter truth.. ..

Da69Devil Msg:62 Very good opinion (with some minor adjustments )

Kel2969: “Personally myself I'm not attracted to the bad boy type...some women are and I have no clue why!”

It’s because IMHO women are interested in chasing not being chased all the time.. ;-)

~GUMMLE~: Msg. 83 Couldn’t have put it better myself ..

P.A.T.C.H.: Msg. 84 There is a big difference between BEING Nice & PRETENDING to be Nice.. The second is not honest & hence not nice .. ..

As for opening the door I do have keyless entry in my car.. Does that make me a bad guy?!!! ..

tomuchfor1982: “Good guys are honest and full of integrity. They do whats right even when it hurts, just becuase it right!”

Yup.. I second your wind .. ..

chavalita: Msg: 129 … WT .. ..

P.A.T.C.H.: “Low self esteem when dating leads to insecurities....that alone can ruin a relationship.”

Absolutely true but I have to say that it takes two to TANGO & if a relationship is ruined it can’t be blamed entirely on one side.. .. Not pointing figures here but Even when you were a complete :angle: still you must have done something wrong to help ruin it & if you didn’t start it well you BOTH could have contained it if you cared enough.. ..

“You men are just as hard to understand as us females”… Hmm.. I’ll try to be polite here as much as I can … R U Freaking kidding me!! Men are hard to understand ?!!!! No way .. I can take votes only from women & I’m sure that they will agree that this is not true .. No hard feelings Thanks for the chuckle though ..

… Okay here is my $0.02 CDN + Applicable taxes..

No Offences as this is just my own opinion & please feel free to disagree..

Women actually do like “Nice Guys” in the beginning & I’ll explain why latter.. They are attracted to that man who is super sweet, nice & they know that he actually cares.. I’m not talking about a professional players here.. I’m talking about actually nice guys.. Then after this passion cools down women suddenly they are starting to feel less attracted to this nice guy just coz when a man is truly in love, I recall Elvis here “Fools rush in!”.. Yes we do act like fools sometimes in the way we express our feelings & This usually have it’s negative effect on women.. & I say Usually coz I met Hmm Like 4 exceptions .. But the fact is women do like to chase & be chased in the beginning so when this turns out to be one sided.. here is the scenario.. Men become super sweet they loose their charm & the same thing that attracted them becomes a turnoff … Women start holding back .. Chain reaction going south... Men starts wondering why & trying to be more in the picture & well get small assurances that it is still working fine.. If both are truly nice and mature they would communicate it (& this is very hard!!) & try to work things out .. Hopefully this ends up to the better but as far as I saw they don’t & If you are both lucky you could keep the friendship..

Okay this was more than 2 cents but that’s what I felt & learned the hard way .. This is one long thread.. not sure how I missed it..
Very good one Mirage..

Cheers
K
 DJ_Lil_Jay
Msg: 174
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/22/2006 1:41:56 PM
Chuck: oops I didnt realize you joined POF the same day i did lol thats very cool! yes we sure are nice guys Look forward to seeing you again bro!

MI: yeah we werent referring to the bad of that date but more about the good things that have happened on that date right here on POF in 2005 :)
 MacGregrrrr
Msg: 178
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 12/22/2006 2:59:24 PM
Doh!!!

... heres to All the Nice Guys finding their Nice Girl in 2007 ...

And there I was, thinkin' SHE'd do the findin' ...
Ya mean I gotta get up off the couch ... and give up the remote?? Sheesh.
 Zukirider600
Msg: 180
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 6:39:52 AM
Alright, I think we've answered the question of how ya spot a nice guy/girl...but now I think the real question is...does it really get them anywhere? Most of the nice guys/girls...lets face it, end up being the great friend they never had...you're like a brother/sister to me...next time you're out clubbing or whatever...spot the nice guy, and the bad boy...and see which one, one of your friends would choose first. So and so is nice...but bad boy has this Rebel thing going on.
 prof_chaos
Msg: 181
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 6:44:09 AM
Its a load of crap,you cant tell someones pesonality by looking at them hence "spotting" a nice guy would be a pretty superficial thing to do.You dont know if someones nice or not until you get to know them ,and well.People can put on a nice guy/bad boy facade and you wouldnt know the difference/real them, til it/they bit you in the ass.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 188
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 8:22:04 AM
Nice guys smell like their moms house,

Pricks smell like YOUR moms house hahahahahahahahaha. I couldn't resist!!!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 197
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 10:00:28 AM
Being recognized as a nice guy is better than being recognized for being an A-hole. I won't change who I am and I have both nice guy and A-hole in me. I would hate to be recognized as a push over or an ass kisser or a spineless jelly fish even more!!! ick.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 201
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 10:40:51 AM
Awwwww tanks Mirage!!!! you are a nice lady. Not too nice though. I don't think I'm too nice either. Ohhhhhhhhh man moving on. It's so dang confusing sometimes though. Being nice can be a good thing, but also a bad thing. Here is my solution. I'm going to be me. Bad, good, sad, happy, warts and all.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 204
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 11:14:04 AM
^^^^^ I'd cook for you but you would have to help clean. I'm no ones maid lmao

Holy smokes lonely you seem to be a tad bit bitter. It's dripping from your writings. Suggestion, don't be so generalistic or angry. If you are going to make a point at least do so by specifying what it is you are trying to say without going on a rant that makes no sense.
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 207
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 11:27:08 AM
Ok deal, but if I do all the cooking, then all the laundry, you do all the grass cutting and driveway shovelling. Only fair ... Ya can't have me do both laundry and all cooking. Or I will do the cooking, you do the laundry, I do the shovelling, you mow the lawn? Fair deal I say. BTW, we split being on top in the bedroom half and half.
 Sweet Euphoria
Msg: 223
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 6:59:02 PM
I just have one thing to say to all the nice guys that say women don't want a nice guy. The problem is that we DO want a nice guy. The jerks we end up with TELL us they are nice guys and at first, they are. THEN they turn into the jerks they really are. You see, those jerks have got our number and know we are looking for a good guy. It's only until later their true identity comes out. This makes us women gun-shy and question when a man tells us he's one of the good ones. I will forever have optimism that out of all these jerks at least ONE will end up to be truly a nice guy. Until then, I'm still fishing for him!
 Danteslnferno
Msg: 227
view profile
History
how to spot a nice guy!
Posted: 1/22/2007 7:28:49 PM
Hmmmmmmm I can't be THAT nice a guy then. I won't just date anyone regardless of their looks or grooming lmao
Show ALL Forums  > Ontario  >