Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 music_man_canada
Msg: 102
view profile
History
Male logic versus Female emotions.. Page 4 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Personally hippie

"Until you know how to tame the feelings inside and continue on....you're screwed.
I would find it completely frustrating for a man not to talk to me. It is a selfish part of him as far as I am concerned. "

I'm the type, that, if I don't have time to stand in a corner with my dunce cap on, before you approach me to talk about something that's on my mind? I'm liable to take it out on you and be totally unjustified in doing so. I don't see that it's selfish, to let a person have twenty minutes or half an hour in a secure comforting home space or environment, to think to himself. It's not selfish to NOT take my mood out, or my day out, on my s/o or wife. Taming the feelings inside, is, in my life, a one person job. Before I even explain my feelings to wife or s/o, I must reason them out inside, and determine what to say to wife/so. Men are simple creatures.. if something pisses us off it takes a little bit of time to put the incident into an understandable format to discuss it with wife/so. Believe it or not, being upset, angry, or even remotely confused about something generally brings on frustration if your need for me to explain something, outweighs my need to figure out overall what my feelings are and THEN explain to you.
That entire process takes a lot of thought, without a lot of explaining to do until I have it clear. There's no point telling you or showing you, what I cannot explain to myself..

There is NO selfish, in coming HOME to your FAMILY, which is the ONLY secure place a really good loving husband or man would HAVE to go to find PEACE.. and THEN let his mind work on himself.. If it helps to explain any further one last point.. I rarely deal with my own problems during the day.. I seem to be solving the problems of the people that I work for..

I do not believe for one instant, it's selfish, to ask a wife, or s/o, to have a few moments of peace.. in spiritual religions, Some pray in peace, some pray together.. In your viewpoint, all open book, all the time.. in my viewpoint.. let me figure out what to say, so what I tell you is accurate.. and not laced with profanity and ignorance and doesn't even make sense ;)
Do women not like long hot baths, and time to read a really steamy book?
Some do, some don't..
 brattyfireguy 17
Msg: 104
view profile
History
Male logic versus Female emotions..
Posted: 2/10/2007 6:16:45 AM
Makes total sense to me. lol I find an occassional Big Mac with a side of fried stuffed shrimp helps too
 music_man_canada
Msg: 110
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2007 9:07:33 PM
Ya, the book is called "men are from Mars, women are from Venus.. by John Gray there, passion.. I referred to it earlier in this thread.. while it's somewhat general in nature and catches us all with new ways to deal with some things, don't count on that being a bible.. believe me.. there is no gender in personality traits.. I've seen some pretty emotional men and some pretty logical women in my day ;) Suffice to say, there is no way that that particular book, or even the title of this thread, is a catch all for society..
 music_man_canada
Msg: 113
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:02:03 PM
daisie.. good for you!
*grin* in a lot of ways, you pretty much said, there are certain admirable traits in having two opinions on something.. two ways of looking at anything. Fortunately, you're two people with two entirely different ways of solving a problem. Get those minds working together for the common good and you can tackle some of the biggest challenges thrown at ya. Work alone, and you criticize, judge, and alienate someone from being a part of helping you solve something. You used a word I very much admire you for using referring to the opposite sex.. the word respect. I give you props for that, because respecting the differences, lets you look for a very well examined solution to a problem. Good for you!

Just an addon: Sometimes it takes somebody to be a little more "rammy" in the shop where I work, (occasionally breaking something in the process) to get a job done. So, ya can't undo being so rammy ya wreck something and that moves you to the next step lol replace a part that wasn't originally broken.. but some people are so "timid" that they try and be gentle and not wreck anything.. and it takes ten times longer to fix something.

With people, some take the initiative and step up to fix something immediately, others spend so much time examining and contemplating and thinking, that the "repair" seems to take forever. One thing is for certain. Being proactive about what needs to be done, or said, or accomplished, the first proactive step, is to agree something needs to be done LOL THEN both people should have parts to play in it.

From what I saw you had to say by the way, you might not approve.. but ya might let him cut a two by four even if ya knew it was an inch shorter than it should be.. just to let em have his way once in a while.. *grin* hey, that kind of patience is a rarity in a woman.. but it's respect nonetheless
 cedar77
Msg: 114
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 5:34:10 PM
Men tend to be logical ,women tend to be more emotional .
I think it is the difference that is a great thing and if we weren't different there wouldn't be any point to all this.
 cedar77
Msg: 116
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 7:42:35 PM
ummm...
Men tend to more logical and more comical ? .....
 e3323
Msg: 117
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:48:23 PM
yes men ARE more logical.....god i love this thread its sooo true....
 e3323
Msg: 118
Posted: 3/1/2007 8:49:09 PM
also to the idiot who thinks men cheat

women cheat WAY more then men....FACT!
 cedar77
Msg: 119
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2007 10:25:54 PM

well you have to eventually find a solution that will solve the problem but it makes just as much sense to do it in a way that takes everyones feelings into account. i mean talking is important. it's better to make decisions together rather than say 'oh honey don't you worry about the horses broken leg! i've already got it put down!' i mean it's ultimately the final solution but you know? actually i don't know what i'm on about =P i always ramble stupidly in this damn forum haha. x x

Ummm ...OK , now I'm sure that men are more logical.
....but there was still something nice about your post.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 120
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2013 10:58:08 AM
Yea, this is an old thread...but I just wanted to see how badly people still grasp the whole logical-men emotional-women jibber jabber.
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 121
Posted: 4/28/2013 11:23:31 AM
I'm not fond of the subject of the thread which seems to imply males have no emotions; females no logic
but
I know a couple where both work but the husband recently got laid off.
Husband wanted to make use of this serendipitous time between jobs to pay a lengthy visit to family out of the country, who he rarely sees.
The wife thought it highly illogical to incur the expense of travel during a time of unemployment (finding another job is not a given).
I can see her point is extremely logical; but I lean toward the side of the husband.

Travelling now makes no sense at all, financially.
But plenty of sense, family-ties-wise.

The old'uns aren't going to be getting any younger during the time between now & whenever he's accrued enough time in a new job to be able to go see them again.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 122
view profile
History
Posted: 4/28/2013 11:36:25 AM
^ Yea, when unemployed, unless homeless and destitute, is the best time to do things like this. Makes a lot of sense. Working for a living doesn't allow much time for much else other than the minor daily chores of life. And I've found that when people worry too much about income, being too scared and terrorizing themselves, they forget to live. And I'd figure that worrying about making a trip during unemployment is really a case of being ruled by emotion, whereas taking the opportunity that being-between-jobs offers to make the family-visit-trip is a case of being logical and practical. Hehe! Logic and emotion, arg! Sometimes you have to know how to see things properly...they can be opposite of what you assume.
 Proteaus
Msg: 123
Posted: 4/28/2013 1:44:32 PM
Just google difference between male and female brains . That pretty much sums things up .
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 124
Posted: 4/28/2013 2:47:13 PM

Logic and emotion, arg! Sometimes you have to know how to see things properly...they can be opposite of what you assume.

A truer word was never spoken !
I must apologize for an experimental untruth. I reversed the genders in my rendering. Other than that it was factual.
The male (who was against the travel) is a dear friend of mine, and not a penny-pincher or unfeeling person at all; but has always lived within 30 miles of his own family.
 lostnfoundluv
Msg: 125
Posted: 4/28/2013 5:19:42 PM
great !! so you can fix problems . what if you were the cause of the problem for a woman . would you fix it for her ?
 mrcs84
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 5:30:53 AM

great !! so you can fix problems . what if you were the cause of the problem for a woman . would you fix it for her ?

Depends on the woman and it depends on the problem. If the man has no incentive to change anything, then obviously he won't make any efforts to.
 ladyc4
Msg: 127
Posted: 4/29/2013 6:37:49 AM
If I ask WTH a 6-yr old thread came back to life, would that be logical, emotional, both, neither or who the hell cares anyway?
Ilike people of both genders who have an (approximate) BALANCE of logic and emotion. Or does that make too much sense?
WTH am I contributing to a resurrection of a long-dead thread, that was probably started just to stir up trouble?
Cindy O
 Misguided_Old_Mule
Msg: 128
Posted: 4/29/2013 10:52:27 AM
^^^ is it because you're bored with Mr. Mouse Ears supposedly gone?

Heh heh.
Can't help but notice

some will protest new posts on old threads;
some will respond with "do a thread search" to new threads about old topics;
and sometimes, they are the same people.

I find that more funny than logical.
 drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:08:19 PM

If I ask WTH a 6-yr old thread came back to life...

POF prefers that people not constantly start new threads on the same thing over and over when something close enough already exists. The forums are here very simply for people to discuss things or just express opinions. A thread may be old, and the original poster may not even be around anymore, but if a person feels like saying something on a subject, or just wants to bring the subject up in general for no particular reason...if a pre-existing thread's specific OP is close enough, it's appropriate and best to just post in that thread. That's what it's there for, no matter how new or old.
 4ms4me
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:16:39 PM
I think male logic is a societal expectation and assumption. I often find men to be surprisingly illogical, their thought processes obviously corrupted by emotion they won't acknowledge even to themselves. I think when men stop assuming they're being logical and begin admitting to their feelings, they'll be happier overall.

I think females ability to acknowledge and express emotion is used against them by men, when in reality it makes women stronger and more able to cope with life, especially when things are difficult.
 tooborednow
Msg: 131
Posted: 4/29/2013 12:33:47 PM

I think females ability to acknowledge and express emotion is used against them by men, when in reality it makes women stronger and more able to cope with life, especially when things are difficult.

Personally, I don't think either gender is stronger than the other, or more able to cope with life than the other.
At best each individual simply tries to in the only way they've come to understand how to, which is mostly based on the manner they've been socialized.

One thing necessary to social living is a me vs you or us vs them, our way is better, if it wasn't I'd be on the other side, mentality.
It's necessary simply because without it there would really be no glue to hold people together in cooperation within a group.
Without group cooperation there really is no civilization.
Cooperation breeds competition, competition breeds cooperation, when dealing with more than one person.

Other than that it's just picking apart specialized or socialized attributes as a means to differentiate between groups or self identity/image. That creates roles.
Roles people live up to in order to feel safe and secure in their group or purpose in life.
Which then leads to generalized observations in order to support a role or group like:

drinkthesunwithmyface
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 1:07:00 PM
I want to offer what I think is a clarification of this type of subject:

Ultimately, we're talking about traits that are alledgedly intrinsic of gender. A trait or nature that you're very strongly predisposed towards simply as a result of being a particular gender, despite anything else about who you are or your upbringing or your cultural environment, etc.

On subjects of gender, it's usually about stuff like intelligence, emotion, multi-tasking, social adjustment, speed of maturity, etc.

There are always other variables and therefore many exceptions...but when we try to make claims like this, we are talking about an otherwise typical average nature for "most" men or women, because they are male or female genetically, not culturally or socially in any way. We can't confuse the particular cultural or social truths of males or females, in any given time or place, with what may be true about them simply because of what sexual organs they have.

There is still way too much misunderstanding, subjectivity, pseudo-science, cultural factors and bias, and "pop-myth" concerning what things like logic, emotion, maturity, etc, even are in the first place, such that these ideas about natures or traits intrinsic of male and female still amount to a bunch of inconsistent and unreliable jibber-jabber. Very often, when a man tries to say something along these lines about women or a woman about men...it really stems from some mild gender-war mindset, insecurity, chauvinism, or simply a miscomprehension of how to think critically about things in general.

There may be certain traits like this that are intrinsic of gender, but so far we haven't really been able to see it one way or the other.
 4ms4me
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 1:36:59 PM

Personally, I don't think either gender is stronger than the other, or more able to cope with life than the other.
At best each individual simply tries to in the only way they've come to understand how to, which is mostly based on the manner they've been socialized.

Agreed, my remark was too general, perhaps. But I do think the ability to acknowledge and express feelings makes it easier to endure loss, and in our society men tend to have more difficulty in that area, especially when it comes to relationships.
 sigungq
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2013 7:34:52 PM
I believe it was Confucius who once said: "A woman's advise may not always seem wise, but he who does not heed it is a fool."
 ladyc4
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/1/2013 8:02:36 AM
Mr. drinkthesun...
Oh, I know all that...I was just being a smartmouth.
I do stand by my statement that I prefer a balance in both genders,but yeah, I'm enough of an ordinary person that I suppose I would be somewhat baffled if faced with an extremely emotional male or an extremely logical female.
CS-yes, I heard some rather odd scuttlebut about the decampment of Mr MouseEars...as for being bored-yeah right-like having a toothache quit hurting is boring.
Cindy O
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >