Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lacalli
Msg: 770
Why won't Women Date Nice Romantic Overweight GentlemenPage 30 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
For the same reason men won't date nice romantic overweight women. Most men my age have a few extra pounds and I don't mind. I don't mind even 40 or 50 lbs overweight but being obese is a whole other issue. At that point you're addicted to food in the same way people are addicted to drugs and alcohol and that needs to be addressed. I recently tried dating a guy who had weighed 500 lbs and lost 200 to now weigh 300 lbs at 6' all he was interested in was going out to eat at buffets (no joke) which is a waste of money for me (I paid for myself) since I have to follow a strict low fat diet for medical reasons. He'd email me occasionally not really interested until he'd ask me to go out to eat then he'd be all excited and post these jumping up and down emoticons. He was obsessed with food and it wasn't a shared interest. And please don't tell me a person gets to 100 + pounds overweight without dedicating a large part of his day to achieving that.
 Sean4MD
Msg: 771
Why won't Women Date Nice Romantic Overweight Gentlemen
Posted: 2/5/2012 9:41:24 AM
Glad I'm not fat. I'm not in the best shape though.
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 773
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:21:04 PM

What am i fishing for is a woman who wants to be treated like a queen, with kindness, and respect. Who is not affraid of being treated right and who won't run away from a nice guy who wants to get to know her, because the first time they go to bed together I want us to be making love to each other. Not one having sex and the other making love, because love and sex don't mix. I do believe there are times when sex is necessary in a relationship as well as making love. And a woman who will treat me the same.

Read the first couple pages and lost interest in a 7 year old thread except for this gem.

Did anyone address this? The issue isn't the weight, it's the putting women on a pedestal and saying they need to be treated like a "queen". It makes me want to barf, mainly because at one point I was like that.

There is a significant difference between treating someone like a queen and respecting someone without letting them trample you into the ground.

I have family on the larger side, and they're working to lose the weight.

Show that you're losing weight, don't treat a woman like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and you might have a better shot at landing your "queen".

Even then it's a numbers game that is going to be stacked against you, even assuming 10,000 compatible partners, that's 10,000 out of 6,840,507,000 people on the planet spaced out geographically, or 1 in 684,050.70.

Gives a whole new meaning to the term one true love.
 risingmist
Msg: 774
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:36:26 PM
Women who are plus size as you are, will. Most likely your issue is that you want athletic, petite or super fit women to date you and they never will. Ever. If you are fat, then go for fat women, period. Like accepts like. Fit women will not want to****dive to find your penis for sex, jump on your chest when your heart stops (again) or feed you.

Date women who are in the same weight group and you will find happiness. Your failure is that you aspire to what you are not. Get it?
 risingmist
Msg: 775
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:49:42 PM
..excuse me but i tried to date an overweight man, even whose own doc was yelling at him to slim down or die at 41. We were great friends and he wore great concelling clothes, and had a beard to cover up the enormous triple chins he had and it worked. One night we put on the moves and I thought why not.

OGM, when he (in utter darkness) the enormity of the WHITE WHALE GUT THAT CAME THUNERING OUT was horrific and deadly. That weight could have snuffed the life out of a submarine let alone a slim female. His penis was nowhere to be found and he commanded I "dick dive" to find it, meaning to move 100 impacted dead fat rock hard blubber to find it. A body builder could not have done it. It was physically appalling and impossible. 25 rolls of duct tape and a crew of 10 couldn't have risen that grotesque impacted 100 lbs lard slab high enough for anyone crew to even find the shriveled athropied tiny penis underneath it.

So when you talk about an overweight man, think of the logistics. NO ONE CAN****DIVE AND FIND IT. Sex is not an option. ever. not until the owner of the**** does the work (and women can't do it for you) and loses the monstrous extra blubber. You ate it, you packed it, you do it. you. and when it is done, then try to date. Or date women who are 300% overweight as you are. That would be about 199 rolls of duck tapel We hate it when you roll over and crush the life out of us with the enormous rolls of white hard blubber and think it is sex!! gag, hurl, gag
 bethesdafoodie
Msg: 776
Posted: 2/5/2012 2:55:29 PM

Fit women will not want to****dive to find your penis for sex, jump on your chest when your heart stops (again) or feed you.

Never say never..... There are all types of people out there. Physical fitness doesn't correlate to mental fitness at all.

Some of the most physically fit women I've dated have been batshit insane.

Not that there is anything wrong with that in the right scenarios....

My point is there are people out there with fetishes for ****diving, jumping on your chest, and feeding; and if you think it's relegated to the overweight people, well I got news for you.

Chubby chasing has gone from being a fetish to something people do all the time.

Not saying it's my cup of tea, but your whole post reeks of stereotypes which isn't accurate in today's world.

That said, Females and Males could use a dose of reality when it comes to their demands of what they find acceptable.

At least unhealthy Adults CAN change their weight, when I can change my Racial composition I'll have sympathy for unhealthy Adults.
-I would most likely never actually change my skin tone or heritage, merely pointing out how ridiculous it is to complain about something you CAN control.
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 777
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2012 3:07:29 PM
I tried, I really did.

I met this great guy a year ago, and I liked him a lot. We had so much in common, and he was very smart, and tall, and handsome, and very funny.

He was about 80 or 90 lbs. overweight, but because he was also tall, and muscular and broad shouldered, it didn't seem to matter much.

But then his evil doctor said he had diabetes and had to change his evil ways, and so he started eating right and exercising, and now he's a 24 BMI with a 32" waist, and a 46" chest, and a six pack and obliques.

So, should I dump him now, or what?

Unnamed_Artist
Msg: 778
Posted: 2/5/2012 7:41:32 PM

Same as men dont want overweight women. Dont turn us on. We want what we want and you want sex right? You can comment until you are blue in the face that we are missing out on true love but that is just not true. Physical appearance and appeal is a major part of a relationship. If you contact other short and overweight women you may have a chance. Just think of "Mike and Molly."

Is there anything you can do about your weight? Men lose it so much quicker than women and there are health issues to be concerned about and performance ability. Sorry but the idea of a man huffing and puffing and wheezing over me, just doesnt do it.

I'm a big dude, and I don't huff, puff, or wheeze. Unless I just ran up like 6 flights of stairs...then I may get a little winded...or sprinting a block or two...
 4ms4me
Msg: 780
view profile
History
Posted: 11/29/2012 4:37:04 PM
Gotta love a thread that goes on for 33 pages, and 7 years! Op, since you are still around (or at least the account is), has anything changed since your original post?
 BlokeInSydney
Msg: 781
Posted: 11/29/2012 4:40:39 PM
Fully realizing this thread is so old it has whiskers, but the OP is still in the room.

Being overweight is not the OP's problem, this is:

What am i fishing for is a woman who wants to be treated like a queen, with kindness, and respect. Who is not affraid of being treated right and who won't run away from a nice guy who wants to get to know her, because the first time they go to bed together I want us to be making love to each other. Not one having sex and the other making love, because love and sex don't mix.

The women I've been involved with in my life would just vomit if I came out with anything like that. They wanted to be engaged as people and meet me on equal terms. As soon as I got that when I was younger I got plenty of dates.

I think the OP has a fantasy of what his ideal woman should be and it's unrealistic.

I know plenty of blokes the OP's size who get plenty of dates, are in relationships or married and are pretty happy.
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 782
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 8:48:12 AM
People are attracted to whomever they are attracted to.

I read the profiles and finds what interests a person as well. Would we have anything in common?

If you have any pictures of yourself outside I'd put those up. I looked at your profile and thought that you didn't like to be outside very much. I love the sun and I did have a boyfriend that didn't like to be outdoors and resented it when I went on my own for a walk or a run. You're in Ottawa; that is a beautiful city with lots of paths and trails. Take advantage of them! Go out and see the Winterlude, but be careful where you park. I got two tickets on my car when I had accidentally let the meter run out. I agreed on the first one; but the second?! I managed to get out of the second one; but sheesh! Talk about a money grab! Thanks for letting me rant! Now where were we?

I'm short and stocky as well. At 5'4" and 215 lbs I'm difficult as heck to kidnap. I've helped people move, but I've never helped them move bodies. I've dropped 10 lbs recently, due to some simple lifestyle changes. As I've said before; it is a matter of preference and past experiences. I've had guys tell me I need to lose weight and one right out called me a "porker." So now I am hesitant to date a guy that I can bench-press.

Have confidence in your own self as an individual and being on your own. Improve your health for your own sake and things will look up much better. You want a woman that is attracted to the real you, so it is good that you aren't putting up a front.

PS: How do handle phone solicitors?
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 783
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 8:54:30 AM

Do cigarettes count as veggies?
Because if they do, then I'm smoking my way to excellent health!

Grapes count as fruit; so I'm drinking my way to excellent health! (It is Natural Selection for my brain cells.)
 Szaszaspasz
Msg: 784
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 9:03:09 AM

I have lost 10 lbs since July and keep trying to lose more but seem to be stuck at 229 lbs.

You're taller and skinnier than me if you go by height ratio. Keep up the good work. You my feel like you're getting nowhere because the needle on the scale hasn't moved; but if your overall health and stamina are improving you're on the right track! :)
 daysleeper5
Msg: 785
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2012 1:51:38 PM
I have sort of a different take on this because I've read so many profiles where the women talk about wanting a guy with meat on their bones or someone they can feel safe with in their big arms. Us skinny guys can get lost in the mix, too. I'm sure I've been eliminated by a fair share of women because of my thin body type. What are you going to do? It's a preference. On the other hand, there are plenty of people that don't rule anyone out based on their weight. Women have certainly found other reasons to like me and I've seen lots of fat guys with girlfriends. Everything is harder on a dating site because it's all about filters and laundry lists.
 ana_karenina_
Msg: 786
Posted: 11/30/2012 5:49:34 PM
I think this is a great opportunity for me to finally admit....

that I used to have a celeb crush on that guy who played Doug on King of Queens.lol

He's kinda chubby, but oh so funny. =)
 Frenchie6619
Msg: 787
Posted: 11/30/2012 7:56:12 PM
I agree 100% being overweight would never stop me from dating someone. Like my men with something to hold onto.
 Daisysanddirt
Msg: 789
Posted: 12/1/2012 10:18:07 AM
It's the same for women. I'm overweight (working on losing it) and sometimes feel like I should delete my profile until I'm at the weight I'd like to be. Then I come back to my senses and realize that this is essentially me regardless of my weight. The funny thing is that some men on here are either slightly or tremendously overweight but seem to feel that they are too attractive for women with the same issues. Go figure!!
Msg: 790
Posted: 12/1/2012 9:48:08 PM

I agree 100% being overweight would never stop me from dating someone. Like my men with something to hold onto.

I got something you can hold onto.
 TomR43
Msg: 791
Posted: 12/2/2012 3:30:46 AM
because women are fickle,,,,they want what they,when they want it
so when they cant find the right thin romantic,,,they switch to the nice beefy guy
hang in there,,,they are out there,,they will find you when you least expect it
 LAgoodguy
Msg: 792
Posted: 12/2/2012 9:41:57 AM
I'm sure it was said a few times.. But most women wont date a nice romantic overweight guys. For the same reason guys won't date nice romantic overweight women..
I came across a profile a while ago. In the pic you can see what we would call a BBBWW and she is looking for a tall fit guy with the rest of the list of wants and expects that every woman is looking for. She also mentioned that she prefers to date only fit guys. Cause its just not sexy when two fat people are having sex so she prefer only one to be fat lol.. I had to read the profile a few times cause I couldn't stop laughing..
 SSC-SAF
Msg: 794
Posted: 12/2/2012 12:49:23 PM

i wish we could give profile names on here but thats a no-no, but the last 3 profiles ive went to they specifily said- if you dont workout dont bother messaging me, and women on here have the nerve to say they dont care about the body its all personality and confidence, what a joke!

Then go look for the profiles that DON'T say that, and message THOSE women instead. It ain't rocket science.

Personally I like men of all shapes and sizes - I go for a combination of decent looks, personality, common sense, manners and intelligence. I happen to think that Drew Carey was extremely hot as a chubby dude - same with Kevin James and John Goodman. I also go for slim, fit guys and guys in between...but it doesn't matter how good they may look on the outside if they are whiny, defensive, pessimistic, et cetera.
 CopernicusOfLove
Msg: 796
Posted: 12/2/2012 3:45:31 PM
Nhra, aren't you forgetting to be optimistic and cite me as a reason to not do what you're doing?
 AquaLinda
Msg: 797
Posted: 12/2/2012 8:14:13 PM
All I can say is this - when I gained weight after my two pregnancies, my husband was no longer attracted to me. I exercised like crazy even though I was VERY sleep deprived and exhausted most of the time. I had to squeeze in my workouts whenever I got a chance. I lost 70 pounds within six months - twice (after each pregnancy). The weight has been off for several years now and I can easily maintain it by just eating right and exercising for about 30 minutes every other day. If I can do it, a guy most certainly can do it, and they can't even blame having been pregnant for getting fat in the first place. Plus it is much easier for men to lose weight than women. So quit the whining and get into shape instead of blaming women for being "shallow" (as if men weren't - ha, yeah, right). I personally have no respect or feel attracted to guys like that at all.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >