Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 272
Why won't Women Date Nice Romantic Overweight GentlemenPage 4 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)

wow. It's always the linebackers that get pissed. lol.

Say, when you wear yellow do people run after you and yell "TAXI!"

Give me a break lady... I really don't care what a 48 yr old "seperated" fat woman with no kids thinks of me.

You shouldn't insult others. It doesn't feel good does it?

I can see why your husband left you.

Get a life will ya?

And stop "hating"

btw.. I can guarantee I have FAR more education than you AND make more money.

What the f*ck is your problem? You think you are a good catch???

Maybe for an old man.

Daveincarson, perhaps the reason we reacted severely to your earlier post is because you gave a very striated, yet generalized, set of "rules" for all people. Believe it or not, I have dated athletic men, but according to your rules, that would never happen. I also earn a middle class income and have dated men with money. I am average in looks, yet have dated handsome men, go figure! I am old, yet have lived with and dated younger men.

There is no set of ground rules that cover everyone and you cannot prescribe or proscribe attraction.

But back to the question of obesity. I "rejected" an obese man last week because I didn't find him physically attractive and because he smokes--this was after a series of polite rebuffs I had given him for a couple of years. He wanted to know specifically why I wouldn't date him. When I was honest, his polite demeanor went out the window and I was suddenly a shallow she-dog.

The hypocrisy of this is that he was attracted to me because of my pics; if he had perceived me as ugly, he never would have bothered.
 daveincarson
Msg: 273
Why won't Women Date Nice Romantic Overweight Gentlemen
Posted: 5/10/2009 2:26:17 PM
Funny, the only one who didn't "flame" me is athletic and beautiful.

Like I said, always the "linebackers" that get pissed.

I'm sorry reality is so hard to accept. Don't waste your time "flaming" me. It's a complete waste of time.

It was simply my opinion based on what I have seen in my life. This is precisely why I do not post much on these forums any longer. Insecure people get so defensive.

Notice the post after mine? She is pretty and athletic. She did not flame me.

If you are overweight (which most of you are that posted on this forum) you should not even be on this post!!!

I'm sure the guy has no problem getting overweight women. So why are you trying to answer his question?? Give me a break.

"average" or "athletic" women should be answering this guys question.

aaaah.. I'm not posting on these forums.

Later

P.S. Showing off your legs like a hooker still is not going to change the fact that you are overweight.

Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 274
Posted: 5/10/2009 2:46:32 PM

P.S. Showing off your legs like a hooker still is not going to change the fact that you are overweight.

And flaming women who don't fit your ideas of beauty does not change the fact that you lack class. Showing off your muscles doesn't change the fact that you have skin the thickness of a Kleenex.

"average" or "athletic" women should be answering this guys question.

By your illogical reasoning, YOU shouldn't be answering his question either since you are neither female nor overweight.

Notice the post after mine? She is pretty and athletic. She did not flame me.

Neither did she corroborate your generalized statement.
 Gwendolyn2010
Msg: 275
Posted: 5/10/2009 3:05:58 PM

I'm sure the guy has no problem getting overweight women. So why are you trying to answer his question?? Give me a break.

In addition HE did not address his question to athletic women, he stated:

I'm sure a lot of you good looking women out Big or Small and/or Short and tall.

and then amended it to
Correction: women out there Big

He did not aim his question specifically toward athletic or slim women.

He goes on to say:

And I would say that there might be two women that I would like to ask out. One was Asian and slightly overweight as well

and

I have dated a nice overweight romantic woman util she started playing head games and she put in a situation, where I had to walk away without saying a thing. It hurt to walk away, because I lobved her. But my sanity and self-respect was more important. I would date an over weight romantic woman, who could appreciate the romance that I would give her.

So not only was he NOT aiming his query specifically at thin, athletic women, he was interested in a slightly overweight women.

Before you start spouting incorrect information, read the posts.
 english lass
Msg: 279
Posted: 5/10/2009 6:20:42 PM

aaaah.. I'm not posting on these forums.

thank you

you obviously have nothing of value to contribute, otherwise you wouldn't deem it necessary to make such puerile attacks

there is enough venom on the boards without your input
 daveincarson
Msg: 280
Posted: 5/10/2009 6:31:03 PM
DAMN! You are HUGE! You are a heart attack waiting to happen. (I'm serious!)

You should post a full body pic rather than a deceiving one of your face.

And again another "aesthetically pleasing" woman agreed with me.

And no I do not use steroids, so don't even try that one for a comeback

Fat women should be banned from these f*cking forums.. They are the ONLY ones who give me a hard time..

geeee.. wonder why?
 ileft
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 6:20:20 AM
I would date a nice romantic man if he was big or slim. I myself have a few extra pounds and find that it can be an issue when tryna meet someone people tend to focus a little too much on the looks and then they wonder why they might be disapointed.

You will find someone great hun you just need to have a little patience. I will happen though. I wish you the best of luck on your search and I hope you find what you're looking for.
 english lass
Msg: 284
Posted: 5/11/2009 11:53:37 AM

DAMN! You are HUGE! You are a heart attack waiting to happen. (I'm serious!)

maybe that's part of the problem, you take yourself too seriously...you're actually really quite funny in the way you have to attack and try to belittle all the time -you don't seem to realize that the only person you're belittling is yourself

You should post a full body pic rather than a deceiving one of your face.

none of the pics i have up are deceiving, or so the chap i met the other day told me... and i do have a full body pic up...oops, you can't see my toes... my bad ;)

And again another "aesthetically pleasing" woman agreed with me.

she is lovely but she's not necessarily agreeing with you, she is saying that often men won't choose to date overweight women - there's a difference

And no I do not use steroids, so don't even try that one for a comeback

i have no desire to comment on your photos, i think you probably have enough thoughts on them yourself without my need to... although i doubt they're thoughts i'd agree with; i'm attracted to blokes who are naturally attractive, inside and out

Fat women should be banned from these f*cking forums.. They are the ONLY ones who give me a hard time..

perhaps because you're so rude to them?
fat can be changed, ugly personalities, not so easily...
 cw35
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 12:01:40 PM
OP: People are usually attracted to the physical at first. Instead of being down about it you should be constructive and put your energy into living right, exercising and trying to be as healthy as you can. Trust me, once you see and feel the results from being a little healthier you will be happier about yourself and probably have a better chance to have the relationship you're looking for. I was always the fat kid at school and I'd still be the fat guy if I didn't take control of the situation and turn it around. Just don't tell yourself you're too old, too big, etc. to do it. It's a great thing to do for yourself both mentally and physically and you'll feel great regardless of what happens in your dating life. Good luck to you. You seem like a good guy.
 ileft
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 5/11/2009 3:07:53 PM
Some of these messages are really annoying me not everyone man out there likes a stick thin woman!!! I get messaged all the time by men saying they like the look of a fuller figure. I also know men who only go for big women!!!

What i'm tryna say is that there's something out there for everyone and everyone has a different type so just because you personally might not like something doesn't mean someone else won't. No need to be rude and nasty to people about their shape. It's hard enough meeting someone nice without the added pressure from online bullies!
 GQSunset
Msg: 290
Posted: 5/12/2009 4:51:16 PM
Being over weight is not a detriment, focusing on it makes you feel unattractive, makes you lose confidence in the qualities you have that will sustain a relationship beyond the first orgasm. Be a better man everyday learn to care about yourself in ways other than the physical attributes you do or don't possess and you will find someone who will boil rabbits for you all night long!
 el lagarto
Msg: 291
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:38:22 AM
Obviously I can only answer for myself . When it comes to friends , I have friends of all sizes , shapes , and physicalities.

But when it comes to finding a mate - who will likely also become my lover - I tend to be physically drawn to lean folks - on occasion, even downright skinny . It's just my thing .
 GoneSailinBabe
Msg: 292
Posted: 5/16/2009 8:57:01 AM
Honestly? Because our hips begin to hurt all the TIME from the sex.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
 forum101
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 5/16/2009 9:51:46 AM
I believe the OP has left the forum, a while back.
"why wont women date nice romantic overweight gentlemen?"
Nice-----all women want a nice guy. They assume when they start dating a guy, that he is nice.
Romantic-----I, personally hate seeing this in a profile. Everyone on this site looking for Mr or Miss Right is looking for romance. One person's idea of romance may be entirely different from the next person's. Women, or myself, I should say, am not looking for the guy who is romantic with everyone else. I dont want flowers or candy on the first date. They mean nothing, they are essentially from a stranger, to a stranger. Save the romance for when you know and care about the person. One last thought, using the romance card for sex, blows the effort to H***.
Overweight-----with all due respect OP, you are not overweight. At 5'6" and 230 pounds, your ideal weight should be 130-150 pounds. 230 pounds is Obese. It is already causing medical problems for you. Diabetes, I'm assuming you are also on antihypertensive, cardiac meds to help with the overload, possible a breathing machine at night. I dont imagine you could even keep up with a "model" type. Not to mention what the meds do to the libido.

You may very well be the greatest person in the world, but until it is in a package that people want, you will be overlooked. It happens to all of us, fat, thin, short, tall, smoker, kids, no kids, bad attitude. The great thing is, we all have the right to choose or not choose. We can only try to make ourselves better, so that we get chosen, lower our standards, or forget the whole damn thing.
{{{{ I would leave the restaurant coupon books at home, OP, especially for the first date.}}}}
 Fifi47
Msg: 296
Posted: 5/16/2009 6:15:29 PM
It's a personal preference. I prefer to date a man who has a college education. This type of man usually seems to be happier and more outgoing and attractive to me. Lots of people who are not overweight sure seem to be giving advice and dising overweight men, etc. Unless they are/have been overweight, they know little about walking in his shoes.
 EdwardPartSix
Msg: 297
Posted: 5/16/2009 7:24:19 PM

The answer seems very simple here:

If you are fat, date fat girls.

If you are "average", then date "average" girls.

If you are toned and fit, date toned and fit girls.

A fit guy dating a fat girl, or a fit girl dating a fat guy is just not a healthy idea. (yikes!)

It is the simple "Law of Physical Attraction"

I notice a lot of these kinds of posts from guys with no game. They don't understand why big guys get hot women, so they decide that's it's unhealthy or wrong.
 Fifi47
Msg: 298
Posted: 5/17/2009 12:07:01 AM
When hot guys get big women many people also talk about them badly, as if they never can understand that some big women and some big men are hot.
 southshore46
Msg: 303
Posted: 5/19/2009 1:53:06 PM
The same reasons why some men wouldn't date me. They weren't attracted to me.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 305
Posted: 6/27/2009 7:53:36 PM
If I cannot see my ankles around the man's neck, it is not happening. Hard enough to do when they are in shape. So that is ONE reason I will not date an over weight gentleman. It is about attraction. KID....yes, you can get a date. Start driving down the 75 South. :)
 Fifi47
Msg: 307
Posted: 6/27/2009 8:13:14 PM
You sound as if he is repulsive looking and that overweight men are not sexy and attractive in spite of the fact that they are not what society deems to be attractive.
 Fifi47
Msg: 312
Posted: 6/28/2009 7:26:34 AM
Why should the fat women only talk to men their own size? The men their own size might all have some traits besides weight that they find unattractive, many things might play into the scenario. If I met two men at the same time at a social gathering for instance, and one was fat and one was not, I would talk to both of them and not automatically be attracted to the fat one because I am a larger woman. I am attracted to larger men, but also am attracted to many types of men as far as appearance and personality traits are concerned. I have been approached by more men who are not fat men in my dating career ( at my age I have dated longer than I have worked in my profession), so maybe the "Law of Physical Fantasy" also applies to average sized men who shock of all shocks, find larger women to be sexy, attractive, and worth getting to know as women.
 Svetlana Blue
Msg: 313
Posted: 6/28/2009 9:18:53 AM
Khrissy ~Hi there! You are right to a degree...HOWEVER...people still, men and women both, are attracted to a certain type. And remember , MOST people also consider things getting physical (lets not deny that here). And you can spend months and months "getting to know someone", still like or love who they are, but if you are not attracted to them on ALL levels...that sure can be a major let down. I require seeing pictures. I have actually reached a point where I want full body ones. And no, it is not being shallow, but here is the deal. I work out hard. I have come a long way. I have more to go. I have things I want to do. I am very physical. I need a man on my level. I cringe to think that while I am doing 40 minutes on the Elliptical or busting my ass in the gym doing weight lifting, to have a partner who cannot make it around the block. And I have friends like that. It is difficult. I do not think taking photos off profiles and trying to lour anyone into liking you simply for who you portray yourself to be on line is fair. I say have recent pics, showing your body. Current ones. And meet ASAP. That way, people can see (literally) is there is that "lets give this a shot" feeling.
 DocElffington
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2009 10:37:10 AM
Oh they do!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise my fat azz would still be single!

But almost all women like a confident, positive-spirited man.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 12/21/2009 9:25:05 AM
Personally, I wonder if body type is an issue with women in general. I've seen guys my size with someone before, but I sometimes get the idea that a lot of women who like a guy is thinner, sometimes in athletic shape. What if the guy does exercise and carry his weight well? Would it still be an issue if he isn't close to being in that great of shape? Does that mean I would need to lose 50 pounds before I am worthy of dating someone? Sorry, I don't buy into that. I do exercise, I do carry my weight well, of course, I could do something about the things I eat, but I know my limitations and I do burn it off the next day. So does that mean I would need to lose a substantial amount of weight before I am worthy?
 startle
Msg: 322
Posted: 12/21/2009 10:13:23 AM
the main reason i won't date men over a certain weight is i am afraid of being squashed....i am only 100 lb on a fat day...having all that coming at me is scary...why does everyone think it is about looks...we all wonder what the experience would be like to bed someone we are seeing...we imagine it in our minds..if the experience seems like it would be unpleasant in some way does it make any sense to go through with it...
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >