Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 E_Squared817
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Why won't Women Date Nice Romantic Overweight GentlemenPage 5 of 34    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34)
Personally, I wonder if body type is an issue with women in general. I've seen guys my size with someone before, but I sometimes get the idea that a lot of women who like a guy is thinner, sometimes in athletic shape. What if the guy does exercise and carry his weight well? Would it still be an issue if he isn't close to being in that great of shape? Does that mean I would need to lose 50 pounds before I am worthy of dating someone? Sorry, I don't buy into that. I do exercise, I do carry my weight well, of course, I could do something about the things I eat, but I know my limitations and I do burn it off the next day. So does that mean I would need to lose a substantial amount of weight before I am worthy?
 startle
Msg: 322
Why won't Women Date Nice Romantic Overweight Gentlemen
Posted: 12/21/2009 10:13:23 AM
the main reason i won't date men over a certain weight is i am afraid of being squashed....i am only 100 lb on a fat day...having all that coming at me is scary...why does everyone think it is about looks...we all wonder what the experience would be like to bed someone we are seeing...we imagine it in our minds..if the experience seems like it would be unpleasant in some way does it make any sense to go through with it...
 SylvanSwan
Msg: 324
Posted: 12/21/2009 12:15:29 PM
^^^^^^
As a smaller woman, I think what people are trying to say (nicely) is that it can be difficult to have a large middle section come crashing down on you, as compared to a football-player type of guy who doesn't have that body attribute.

I myself do not mind a "generous" build, but because us women can be visual creatures as well, without some chemistry you will have nothing.

~crazyhorse~
 valenciacityx
Msg: 325
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:14:12 AM
Its fame, money and Attitude. If you have those, they will make up for the other. ...
John Candy
John Belushi
Chris Farley.....
etc,
Or hit the gym, it is time for a new years resolution
 Cat*Eyes
Msg: 326
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 5:00:49 AM
No way, I would NEVER date anyone overweight, unless I became overweight, but I would NEVER allow that to happen. Overweight people are near death soon anyway. I am NOT going that way. I work out many hours to keep slim and beautiful. The physical thing that turns me on most on a man is a 30 inch waist.
My Advice to the the thread starter, either learn to like overweight women as you are an overweight man , or start working out to get in shape . Working out to get in shape will likely save your life and being in shape will give you more chances of dating.
 TheReason_
Msg: 328
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 6:43:09 AM
Being sweet and romantic all the tine would become mundane and boring.

I would liken it to cake, candy, or other sugar coated foods. Sure it's great as a treat. But to eat it day in and day out for every meal would be sickening. I think a person should be balanced, romance definitely has it's place,
but too much of anything makes it unappealing.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 330
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 8:38:45 AM

No way, I would NEVER date anyone overweight, unless I became overweight, but I would NEVER allow that to happen. Overweight people are near death soon anyway. I am NOT going that way. I work out many hours to keep slim and beautiful. The physical thing that turns me on most on a man is a 30 inch waist.
My Advice to the the thread starter, either learn to like overweight women as you are an overweight man , or start working out to get in shape . Working out to get in shape will likely save your life and being in shape will give you more chances of dating.

Wow! Now that's a really motivational post. Enough that it makes you sound like a really positive person. That really makes guys want to lose weight now. [End sarcasm]

Seriously, I don't mind overweight women myself. You seriously believe that if someone is 200+ pounds, that it's considered a death sentence? You almost make it seem like the more fit someone is, the likely the person it is to get dates. Never have I heard such a shallow statement. Almost as bad as that Bowflex commercial when that guy said that he gave all his fat clothes to his fat friends, and let's not forget when he said that his wife gives him that little wink every now and then,
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 333
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:52:05 AM
I'll just kind of wag the dog here to disrupt this little flame war....

OP, and others, it shouldn't come as a shock that someone who is overweight will not do well here, or even in general. Yes, ideally people should judge your inner you, but ultimately if they are looking for a mate and they are not attracted to you, it just won't work.

Looks "shouldn't" matter, but the reality is they do.
 startle
Msg: 334
Posted: 12/22/2009 10:53:56 AM
i can't believe some of the men are trying to say a guy is too skinny with a 32" waist....that is the ideal and everyone knows it...so many are in denial...if you get up to 36" you are in the danger zone...my waist is 23"...a woman with a 32" waist is just plain fat...also don't fat girls even like you fat guys...i see fat couples all the time...most of them got fat together...are you trying to talk skinny girls into giving you a whirl...good luck with that...
 wings on my butt
Msg: 336
Posted: 12/22/2009 12:59:50 PM
It's no wonder you're all single

Your single too! Pot meet kettle you are both very black.\

As to why I don't date fat men? Well it is because I don't find fat men attractive.They can date the fat women. I am sure they will take them.
 wings on my butt
Msg: 338
Posted: 12/22/2009 1:08:45 PM

I am huh, wow I forget I was single until you mentioned that....

I wonder if people ever read through everything before basing a statement or an opinion its like being in court and coming to a verdict before hearing all relevant information.. It doesn't work like that.

Darlin what I'm saying is, I said its no wonder people that are pesimistic and wake up mad at the world are single... There's a big difference here, I am not a pesimistic person so this statement excludes myself, therefore your little pot n tea kettle statement isn't so funny now hunny!

But you get points for trying!

Yes you would know all about waking up angry every day don't you?
 coveredinpaint
Msg: 342
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:49:43 PM
If John Stamos' brother says 29 inches is normal then its normal dang it!

That was a heck of flame out you guys had though. Are we all better now. Can we get back to talking about the subject at hand?
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 343
Posted: 12/22/2009 2:58:11 PM
op Some women myself included do not want to deal with someone who has food issues.

I cannot be attracted to a man who has a ton of belly fat. I am not looking nor am I attracted to Adonis or super skinny guys, but it has to be reasonable for me to have initial attraction.

I would not ever say I couldn't love someone fat as there is someone very close to me who is. Good luck and merry christmas...

Sidebar.....>Homegrown27: What happened? You insult me via email and then block me, so I can't give you a taste of your own medicine?! Can't handle the truth?

Oh no not another one...Sab; Immature boys can't handle the truth from a real woman.

Malice From Wonderland
Msg: 345
Posted: 12/22/2009 3:02:51 PM
It is about preference. I will not date BBW men or even a few extra pounds. I bust my ass in the gym 6 days a week and eat clean. Why should I date a biggun???
 LocalNJ
Msg: 346
Posted: 12/22/2009 3:03:40 PM
They will, trying using methods of acceptance with the testing of a woman on a phone call. Forget what everyone else says. She will date you know matter what you look like. Women need the chemistry and the acceptance of confidence of yourself. Look up David Dangelo on youtube. They will date you no matter who you are.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 347
view profile
History
Posted: 12/22/2009 4:18:38 PM

It is about preference. I will not date BBW men or even a few extra pounds. I bust my ass in the gym 6 days a week and eat clean. Why should I date a biggun???

Preference or not, it would still come off as shallow if you think about it. I could only imagine if a girl who likes to keep herself in great shape and her and some overweight guy who may not physically be her type. They get along great and such, then the time comes that he wants to take her on a date and the big 180 comes and she tells him that he isn't some athletically built guy and wouldn't date him. So Adonises have better luck with women because that is the ideal look for men? They're all supposed to be lean or muscley with ripped abs, pecs, and arms?
 wings on my butt
Msg: 349
Posted: 12/22/2009 9:30:38 PM
I keep wondering after reading your post tony arthur 17 why you are single. You keep going on about how a preference is shallow, and that if you don't want to date a fat person you are just being shallow. Ok you are entitled to think that,but again if you are not in the least bit shallow then why are you single? After all you are someone who only cares about what is on the inside so shouldn't you be able to find someone? Anyone? There is bound to be someone out there who is interested in you.

What's that you say? I can hear you from here.You want to be with someone you are attracted to? Well isn't that shallow? Shouldn't you be taking your own advice that you are preaching to us and date someone even if you are physically repulsed by them as I am by fat men? Surely there are women who are homely and fat who would be thrilled to be with you, but yet you don't go for them.

I think you get my point now. So stop screaming from the top of your lungs how everyone else is shallow while you are not,because you are just as shallow as the rest of us.

Oh yeah and there is no such thing as carrying your weight well. Fat is fat and just because it is camouflaged well with clothes does not mean it is invisible. I am so tired of men talking about how they carry their weight well.
 Fifi47
Msg: 350
Posted: 12/23/2009 3:14:55 AM
He is 23 years old, and maybe he has not found a woman who he likes based on qualities besides her appearance. People who are repulsed by fat people of the opposite sex have no understanding that some people actually like fat bodies and are not attracted to small or average people. I have found men who prefer larger women to be pickier about what type body shape I need to have (big butt and legs and hips, which I do not have and most seem to like tall women with long hair) than men who like women of all shapes and sizes (which seem to be rare to find) Some would say that people who are fat should be happy to find anyone to date, as we are totally repulsive. I have met my share of people who are thin and average shaped who have repulsive personality traits IMHO. Most of us can be considered to be shallow about what we seek be it a certain appearance, level of education, personality, income, etc. However, I have met very few men who were rude to me when they found out that I have a graduate degree and a likeable personality, but they sure can let the tacky comments fly about my rubenesque shape, short dark hair, and short stature, as those things are not what men typically find attractive . ( in North America, anyway). I have found that some men online seem to be more into appearance than men in real life, and yes, at times I have found them to be shallow.
 Malice From Wonderland
Msg: 351
Posted: 12/23/2009 3:39:40 AM
Tony arthur 17~~~~~Pretty much : for me at least. I do not date fatty's; period. My choice. Why should I? I cannot go there with someone I am not attracted to. There is NOTHING attractive about some overweight, nice person as far as intimacy and a relationship goes. At least I say what I like. Get with the program and stop being a "hater" just because some people have the balls to say what they will and will not date. Shallow or not; I have told a few people how I feel about them lying when I have agreed to meet them out. What is worse? Them LYING ABOUT BEING A FATASS or me asking them why they lied and leaving? Think about it. Some people really need to deal with the fact we all have wheat we are attracted to.Not my damn fault some guy is over weight. He needs to do something about it and it still does not mean I am interested. I like fit. I am fit. I date fit. So no; I won't date a fatty . Just like some men won't and good for them. More people need to be HONEST about what they like and stop settling. Nuff said.
 peppermint petunias
Msg: 352
Posted: 12/23/2009 4:07:31 AM

Preference or not, it would still come off as shallow if you think about it.

Think you aren't shallow ?

I bet you like your women with 2 arms , maybe even somewhat attractive to you with half a brain. Would you date someone 75 years old? Gee what about their insides?

Pulease..
 wings on my butt
Msg: 354
Posted: 12/23/2009 4:24:29 AM

He is 23 years old, and maybe he has not found a woman who he likes based on qualities besides her appearance.

Pfffft oh please. You are bound to find someone you click with when looks are taken out of the equation.

People who are repulsed by fat people of the opposite sex have no understanding that some people actually like fat bodies and are not attracted to small or average people.

Nowhere did I say that there were not some people who were attracted to fat people.I said that I was not attracted to fat people.

Most of us can be considered to be shallow about what we seek be it a certain appearance, level of education, personality, income,

Oh well now how shallow is that? Because you don't make over, let's say, 100000 a year you refuse to date someone? How very shallow.
 Fifi47
Msg: 356
Posted: 12/23/2009 5:41:56 AM
I was not talking about you specifically, and I wonder how some of the people who posted can get through the door with all the extra weight they might be carrying due to an overinflated ego or two, or three......

TheReason_
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2009 5:48:24 AM
You could always eat better, get some exercise, go to the gym and drop some weight...
 E_Squared817
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2009 7:37:14 AM
Oh yeah and there is no such thing as carrying your weight well. Fat is fat and just because it is camouflaged well with clothes does not mean it is invisible. I am so tired of men talking about how they carry their weight well.

So you think that all overweight people waddle and walk like they're limping? Sorry, doesn't happen to me.
 E_Squared817
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 12/23/2009 8:40:53 AM
Oh-kay, maybe you ladies who were responding to my post have some valid points. I suppose you are right about the fact that I keep getting a little defensive about some points. In all honesty, I don't have a specific physical preference. It's just that sometimes I come across people who are rather superficial about their potential partner's appearance.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >