Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Most likely conspiracy theory      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gentlepatrick
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Most likely conspiracy theoryPage 5 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
the list for the kennedy assisination is almost endless. one of my favorites that is rarely discussed - ever look closely at a pic of Dealy Plaza? The Texas school book depository faces the street where the motorcade approached and turned left - it doesnt face the street where the shot were fired; thats almost a 90 degree angle going away. now you are the shooter and you have 2 choices:
1. the car coming directly at you ..getting closer and slowing down to make a turn, the target directly in front of you, or
2. wait for the car to turn left (target now moving away on your right) car going away, accelerating as it goes down hill PLUS there is a tree to obscure your view.

it doesnt add up
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Most likely conspiracy theory
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:14:19 PM
I don't buy the LBJ thing. To many people to be involved from a directive from the VP. And if he was that obcessed with being president, he would not have declined nomination for re election.

He declined re-election because he knew he could not win. In a very Shakespearean turn of events, if you believe in karma, he was blindsided by the war in Vietnam. That one little detail , unnoticed in the rush ( and who woulda thunk the Vietnamese could actually WIN in 1963 ? ) , grew into a cancer on his Presidency.

After the growing quagmire enveloped the nation, and when he heard people like Walter Cronkite going against him, he realized continuing on would mean he would become known as both the President that lost the war, and the President that was NOT re-elected because of it.

Time for a quiet exit off stage right , for the sake of the historical record and his legacy.

As for a great number of people, I don't think that's what was needed.

All that WAS needed was to direct the President into Dallas, and let that fact be known to a few people he could trust.

LBJ bought "presidential china" (p.256) in the fall of 1963!

Texas Connection: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy (Hardcover)
by Craig I. Zirbel

Interesting, given the chances of him ever becoming President, or even getting his party's nomination with at least two Kennedy's in the way.

Barr McLennen, another who knew him and worked with him, had his suspicions too.

Time and again, the successive cash schemes enriched both Estes and Johnson with large sums transferred to the then Senate Majority Leader's political re-election accounts. Those same sums were later transferred to the Brazos-Tenth Corporation administered by my law partner, Don Thomas for 'investment -- 20/20/40.î

Johnson was thoroughly aware of the fact that Estes was the target of an investigation. In those days, word of criminal reviews were routinely reported to top government officials known to be involved with the suspect. Just to keep politics out of the investigation, nothing had been done by USDA during the 1960 campaign; however, a top USDA inspector, Henry Marshall, had been assigned to see what was going on and his efforts were approaching critical mass. Johnson knew it was only a matter of time.

http://januarymagazine.com/features/bloodmoneypowerexc.html

His mistress , Madeleine Duncan Brown, gives additional evidence.

The night before the Kennedy assassination, Lyndon Baines Johnson met with Dallas tycoons, FBI moguls and organized crime kingpins - emerging from the conference to tell his mistress Madeleine Duncan Brown that "those SOB's" would never embarrass him again. It's a jaw-dropping deposition and it's the biggest JFK smoking gun there is - despite the fact that it has received little media attention.

Before her death on June 22 2002, prolific author and lecturer Robert Gaylon Ross had the opportunity to conduct an 80 minute sit-down interview with Madeleine Duncan Brown and from that lengthy discussion the truth about exactly who was behind the assassination of JFK was exposed.

it is important to note that before her death Brown carried no hostility towards Lyndon Johnson and in fact was just as smitten with him as on the first day they met.

Brown said that the plan to kill JFK had its origins in the 1960 Democratic Convention, at which John F. Kennedy was elected as presidential candidate with Johnson as his running mate, where H.L. Hunt, an American oil tycoon, and Lyndon Johnson hatched the assassination plot.

"When they met in California Joe Kennedy, John Kennedy's father, and H.L. Hunt met met three days prior to the election - they finally cut a deal according to John Currington (an aide to H.L. Hunt) and H.L. finally agreed that Lyndon would go as the vice president....this came from the horse's mouth way back in 1960 - when H.L. came back to Dallas I was walking....with him....and he made the remark, 'we may have lost a battle but we're going to win a war,' and then the day of the assassination he said 'well, we won the war'," said Brown.

Brown said that in the immediate aftermath of the convention Hunt and Johnson mapped out a strategy to kill Kennedy.

"It was a total political crime and H.L. Hunt really controlled what actually happened to John Kennedy - he and Lyndon Johnson," said Brown.

In the video Brown describes the make-up and activities of the "8F group" which revolved socially and politically around Johnson and Hunt and included high rolling oil tycoons, judges and then FBI director J. Edgar Hoover.

The group included Jack Ruby, the Dallas nightclub owner who would later shoot the patsy Lee Harvey Oswald dead on November 24.

"We were playing poker at the Carousel Club and Jack Ruby came over and he said 'you know what this is?' and I looked up....he had this motorcade route....it stung me that he would be this involved in knowing where the President of the United States was....at that time in my life I thought they were untouchable," said Brown.

Brown described Ruby as the "in man" in Texas who could be trusted to arrange call girls, drugs, gambling fixes and even contract killings.

The group met for a party in Dallas hosted by Clint Murchison, another business tycoon with close links to the Genovese mafia, on November 21st 1963, the night before the assassination. Those present at the event included J. Edgar Hoover, Clyde Tolson, John J. McCloy, Jack Ruby, George Brown (of Brown and Root), numerous mafia kingpins, several newspaper and TV reporters, and Richard Nixon.

The party began to wind down at around 11 o' clock when the attendees were shocked to witness the arrival of Lyndon Johnson who had traveled from Houston. Clint Murchison immediately called a meeting.

"They all went in to this conference room.....Lyndon didn't stay that much in the meeting and when he came out....he grabbed me by the arm and he had this deep voice and he said, 'after tomorrow those S.O.B.'s will never embarrass me again - that's no threat - that's a promise.'"

"It was a political crime for political power," said Brown as she highlighted how people who were set to testify against Johnson for indictment proceedings, related to illegal kickbacks Johnson was receiving from agriculture programs before the assassination, were mysteriously set-up in homosexual scandals or found dead having allegedly shot themselves five times in the head.

"Had the assassination not happened the day that it did, Lyndon Johnson would have probably gone to prison - they would have gotten rid of him - he was so involved with some of this," said Brown.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=15167

See a pattern with all those witnesses in the JFK case, and those in the LBJ kickbacks ?

Motive ? There's a ton of them, for everyone involved.

Opportunity ? Self-created, and easy as pie to do. Lure the President (for valid political reasons ) to a city where a man like H.L. Hunt has incredible power. His name's been linked to the assassination by multiple people.

Dallas was a hotbed of anti-left sentiment.

Three years later, before the president's scheduled appearance, U.N. Ambassador Adlai Stevenson came to Dallas to speak at a U.N. Day program.

"There were some people who tried to downplay it later, even Adlai Stevenson himself," Mr. Payne said. "He said it was just a few people, but it wasn't just a few. I'd say it was half the auditorium, and that auditorium was packed."

During Mr. Stevenson's speech, protesters coughed in unison. They walked the aisles with upside-down American flags. Frank McGehee, leader of the National Indignation Committee, stood up and began shouting until police removed him.

With the speech over, Mr. Stevenson began to leave when an Oak Cliff housewife swung her anti-U.N. placard and bopped him on the head, an incident caught by TV and newspaper photographers. And as he neared a waiting car, an Irving college student spit at him.

"After I shoved him in the car ... [the protesters] started rocking the car, and the driver had to gun the car and almost kill a person to get out," the late Dallas retailer Stanley Marcus said years later. "There was a mob scene that night."

Walter Cronkite showed the television footage the next evening on the CBS news, and newspapers across the country ran the photo on the front page.

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/spe/2003/jfk/
stories/112003dnmetnevervisit.61c45.html

Yet, LBJ was the first to convince the President not to worry about it.

John Connelly, a very good friend of LBJ's, was asked by him NOT to ride in the President's limo.

President LBJ called him to ask for a "deathbed confession" from Oswald.

- Charles Crenshaw , one of the Dallas doctors that attended to both JFK and Oswald in the emergency room.

http://www.amazon.ca/Jfk-Conspiracy-Silence-Charles-Crenshaw/dp/0451403460

As a rather wealthy doctor, he has no real need for the money, reducing one possible motive. He's quite convinced that there was a conspiracy , and that the body was altered. He places his professional life ( as well as possibly his physical safety) on the line in doing so.

Why would the new President be so anxious for a "deathbed confession" ? It's pretty clear that any investigation would probably tie him to the killing, especially his exceptionally quick police description and arrest.

That strikes me as a most unusual thing for a President to directly do....
 themadfiddler
Msg: 42
Posted: 8/18/2007 3:17:09 PM

omg will you please learn a little history! there were no computers in WWII. The University of Pennsylvania was commissioned by the army to build the first one to do ballistic calculations for artillery and didnt finish it until 1944 and it was too slow do to much. (it became the univac). When computers did start, IBM chairman watson opposed getting his business into them and only when his son tood over in the 1950s did IBM enter the game. wrong on both counts

Actually it was not computers. It was however enumerating machines, and IBM did sell them to the Reich and they were used for the very purpose of enumerating and recording concentration camp prisoners. This is not conspiracy material, it is simple recorded history. Several books have popped up to expose the whole story behind it.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/03/27/print/main504730.shtml

IBM And Nazi Germany
Researcher Has New Documents On World War II Conduct

NEW YORK, March 27, 2002
(REUTERS) Newly uncovered Nazi-era documents shed light on the alleged role IBM played in helping Hitler to carry out the Holocaust in Poland, according to the author of a controversial book on the subject.

Investigative reporter Edwin Black, the author of a book published last year entitled "IBM and the Holocaust", puts forward further evidence to support his claims of IBM's knowledge and complicity in Nazi operations in wartime Poland in the paperback version to be published this week.

Historians working as part of Black's research team said that in the paperback they had pieced together the previously fragmented story of IBM's role in supplying the organizational machinery used to to transport millions of people to Polish death camps.

Black and his researchers said recently discovered Nazi government documents in the U.S. National Archives and Polish eyewitness testimony link IBM's U.S. operations directly to the operations of the Third Reich in occupied Poland.

"The word has gotten out and a lot of people still alive are supplying information that they didn't have the context to understand before," said Robert Wolfe, an expert on Nazi records and former chief of captured German government documents for the U.S. National Archives.

Wolfe told Reuters historians were finding new meaning in previously available papers documenting the use of IBM Hollerith computer machines to carry out the Holocaust.

"For those who have complained the proof is not there, this leaves little room for deniability," said Wolfe, who assisted on research for Black's book. He said data found in newly uncovered German documents, when combined with IBM corporate files and eyewitness accounts and other sources, answer criticisms first-leveled at Black's claims.

"This is the proof that IBM enabled the Holocaust. The connection to New York is now proven," Wolfe, a former U.S. infantry officer who ran de-Nazification programs during the U.S. occupation of postwar Germany, said in a phone interview.

Several Holocaust scholars and leaders of international Jewish groups called on International Business Machines Corp. (IBM.N) to officially apologize for the role its technology and former officials had once played in aiding Hitler.

"This negates all the excuses," said Malcolm Hoenlein, a vice president of the New York-based Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations. "IBM has to look at what its role should be in light of these revelations."

An IBM spokeswoman responded by saying that information remained sketchy on the role of the Armonk, New York-based company and that of its subsidiaries in Nazi Germany and that she was unaware of any new evidence implicating IBM.

"We are a technology company, we are not historians," spokeswoman Carol Malkovich said, noting that, like hundreds of U.S. companies, IBM had started losing control of its business in Germany beginning with Hitler's rise to power in 1933.

IBM turned over its corporate records of the period several years ago to academic archives in New York and Stuttgart, Germany, for review by independent scholars, Malkovich said, adding that: "IBM and the employees of this company of course find the atrocities committed by the Nazis abhorrent."

Historians have known for decades of Nazi use of Hollerith tabulators - the mainframe computer of its era.

But Black's book last year opened up debate on the little understood role of how central IBM technology may have been in allowing Nazis to systematically identify and help select victims of the Holocaust.

Black told Reuters that evidence uncovered after the book's publication had emerged on the role of a special wartime IBM subsidiary known as Watson Business Machines that reported directly to the New York headquarters through the Geneva offices of International Business Machines Corp.

He said his research had uncovered the existence of a 500-man Nazi statistical operation in Krakow that handled the complex task of scheduling trains used to transport prisoners from other European nations to death camps in Poland.

This so-called Hollerith Department of Polish Railways also calculated the rate of deaths per square kilometer due to progressive starvation and other arcane facts compiled to satisfy the Nazi's lust for statistics, Black said.

Leon Krzemieniecki, likely the only man still living who worked in the department, said in the book he did not understand at the time the role his office had in transporting Jews to the gas chambers. "I only know that this very modern equipment made possible the control of all the railway traffic in the General Government (of Poland)," he said.

The movie in question was a documentary, not a dramatic piece...well...not knowing the sources or it's validity I can't comment on that other than to say "The Corporation" was INTENDED to be a documentary.
 HAGAR TH
Msg: 43
Posted: 8/18/2007 9:46:24 PM
Cheney set up the Iranian Nuclear Crisis to acheive a United Arab Union for the Globalists.

I base this on his selling the centrifuges to the Iranians back in 1996 when working for Halliburton. Going into Iraq was the first step to unite the arabs. Finding a solution for the mess the Americans left in Iraq, once they withdraw, will be the reason they will all start talking and cooperating since it will affect the security of the entire region. Why do you think Halliburton moved their Headquarters to Dubai? How much Military Aid is going to the UAE?
 lovableladywanted
Msg: 44
Posted: 9/2/2007 6:15:31 AM
On the surface conspiracy theories sound sexy for the humdrum human in all of us lmao. I really do believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone... He was an unemployed military man that was very depressed looking for a name. Sorry folks. I know many people believe that 911 is a conspiracy but I truly believe that govt knew about it but chose to ignore it because they wanted to go into Iraq. I do not believe any govt members were in on it though. If I had to pick one thing that may be a conspiracy the closest thing I can come up with is FLIGHT 800 that was supposedly shot down,accidentally, in Atlantic Ocean off of Long Island around 1994 . I believe terrorists were somehow involved with that and that plane may have actually have been headed to WTC. Just my opinion folks. Keeping things like that a secret is important because airlines economy can go way down , being detrimental to economy on the whole.
 Nehemiah
Msg: 45
Posted: 9/23/2007 7:06:34 PM

If you've ever watched the movie the coporation, there is an eyewitness account of the head of IBM dismissing concerns over nazi germanys use of their computers to manage concentration camps.

IBM "computers" in the 1940s?

WOW!!! Revise the history books.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 9/24/2007 5:56:09 AM

IBM "computers" in the 1940s?

WOW!!! Revise the history books.

Well, essentially not far off the mark. For that time period , the punch card data processing machines were "computers" ( in a similar way we define the word today). When I first started studying Cobol, we still used punch cards going into a machine.

IBM Hollerith high-speed punch-card machines

"The precision, speed and reliability of IBM's machines," the Swiss judge ruled, "especially related to the censuses of the German population and racial biology by the Nazis, were praised in the publications of Dehomag itself, the branch of respondent IBM. It does not thus seem unreasonable to deduce that IBM's technical assistance facilitated the tasks of the Nazis in the commission of their crimes against humanity, acts also involving accountancy and classification by IBM machines and utilized in the concentration camps themselves."

The judge's ruling pointedly added: "In view of the preceding, IBM's complicity with material and intellectual assistance in the criminal acts of the Nazis during the Second World War by means of its Geneva establishment does not appear to be ruled out, as there is a great deal of evidence indicating that the Geneva establishment was aware that it was aiding and supporting these acts."

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/gypibm.html

The initial tattoos placed on those arms of the victims of the Shoah were actually five-digit Hollerith numbers, a system that later evolved into other things.

http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/camps/auschwitz/Hollerith-machines-located

There's no doubt that the Nazis job was made far easier by this technology, and that IBM profited from it.
 specialfxgirl
Msg: 47
Posted: 9/24/2007 8:58:25 PM

this is a whacky one just for huukdonfoniks
Been to the moon or not??? Even though there is some interesting evidence that make you wonder???? Its not have they been or not.... (Since they left enough stuff behind to pretty close the case on going).......but did they go in the Apollo program or like so many of the "ex army/navy /airforce" types not to mention the imfamous "Commander X" that tells of the OTHER secret space program using alien technology.........Yes folks to the moon and mars in real space ships......
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2007 7:53:50 PM
Well, considering I'm probably one of those people you are addressing.....

That there is a lot of confusion, and shoddy investigation, concerning 9/11, on that we probably agree. As to the why ? I strongly believe it's due to an administration that was asleep at the wheel over the most obvious threat to the nation.

The 9/11 conspiracy theorists who argue that no commercial airliners were used turn me off totally to the idea. There's more than enough evidence to prove that.

All the warnings, the Phoenix memo, the arrest of someone training to do exactly the type of attack done that day, the evidence concerning that, his confession ...

That's the best proof that the government wasn't directly behind it, except for allowing it a far greater chance of success by doing nothing. Had they directed the attack, at least some mention of the threat would have been made. Not having done that makes them look like idiots.

Releasing Operation Northwood to the public in April 2001 ? A plan that essentially mirrors this type of operation, and proves that the American government could actually propose such a plan ?

Not too bright either...if you are about to do it.

Bush's father meeting with the prime suspects father at a business meeting the same day ? Again, not too bright. The President's brother working for a security firm covering the WTC ? The only thing they didn't do was all wear clothes advertising it : " We're planning this massive conspiracy, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

The concept that buildings could be pre-wired with explosives that survive plane hits ? Sorry.....doesn't work for me. Not after reading the type of damage done by those planes impact.

All the people on them no longer here ? Their body parts and DNA recovered at the scene ? As I've said, all it would take is one survivor getting an independent test done to see if it really was them. If it is, then the conspiracy involves not only all that happened on that day, but another group killing these passengers and somehow getting their remains into all those buildings unnoticed. Again, doesn't work for me.

The concept that the conspiracy theorists try and make those buildings appear far stronger than they actually were before collapse, to help their theory ? Not supported by the historical testimony of the best witnesses, the NYFD.

They seem to argue that the NTFD and NYPD are all in on this conspiracy, by their silence. No one speaks out against their murder ? Again, doesn't fit...so I must acquit.

No WMD's found in Iraq, when that was far easier to pull off ? Again, that makes them look bad. If 9/'11 leads to Iraq (and certainly the use of it by this administration in this regard confirms that) , then failing to find what they told the world they KNEW was there was a critical error.

All these things and more, plus the complexity of such a plan to even begin with (with no credible person coming forth to point it out) , all this tells me that those planes hit the buildings in a terrorist act and the resulting damage collapsed them.

If you want to fit that scenario in with your conspiracy theory , I'll perhaps start to agree with at least some of your points.

If it starts with exceptionally weak (or no) commercial airliners hitting those buildings, and then those buildings being made to look far stronger (when actually seen as possible collapses approaching long before the "charges" were blown) - then we will remain on either side of this Great Divide.
 Montreal_Guy
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 10/6/2007 8:54:38 PM

I do not cater to theory. I cater to fact. I question the Pentagon for the simple reason that NO CLEAR FOOTAGE has ever been shown. WHY?

Again, from my work experience, I have an easy answer for that. I've worked with surveillance cameras since 1996. That qualifies me, as someone with eleven years of working with the technology, in commenting.

Those CCTV cameras are directed against human threats. People, car bombs, entrances, secure areas ....etc. Especially then, even at the Pentagon, they were not high quality cameras. At that time, videotape recorders were used , at maximum economy for tape.

They weren't there to spot crashing planes, especially in an area under renovation. It's no surprise that cameras surrounding the Pentagon didn't catch it either. They weren't protecting it, they were protecting those same things I mentioned - the obvious human threat areas.

They are not high speed, and won't reveal much information because of that limitation. They are not high quality either, because (at that time) tape recorders were being used at maximum economy.

They are one heck of a lot better today, with DVD recording or hard disk. They would still face the same limitations of being typically directed to those "high threat" areas. They are still heavily compressed .
 chuckkkk
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/8/2007 12:46:01 AM
I don't trust you watchman. You are a misdirector I believe, how nutty it is to say there is no conspiracy. What idiot believes that?

What about voter fraud? Look up Diebold voter fraud or www.blackboxvoting.org

How about secret societies and the presidents that is a proven and provable conspiracy imo. If you add in the largest inverted pentagram within the roads at the white house you have a great start to your novel. Google earth that or the pentagram er ah pena....

What about war profit and conflict of interest? Or an owned media where you can research the owners etc..

You are full of crap and you know it. Now go tell your buddy to boot my comments and erase my profile like you right wing goonies do very often.

No conspiracy, no wonder you are alone. You are a misdirection lying fool.

jmo
 And1_Style
Msg: 51
Posted: 6/6/2008 12:30:25 AM
9/11 being an inside job as government sponsored terrorism. That's the most evident conspiracy out there I think. I followed the money and the party that stood to gain the most by miles is the bush administration and the peopel above him. WMD bullshit. we've been duped big time. More compelling evidence on that subject than any other I find.
videogoogle.com and search 911 mysteries. if its still up. shows how the world trade center was designed to withstand multiple hits frm jetliners as the engineer discussed in the documentary. that wiht bombs in th ebuildings, evidence of that, NORAD standign down the whoel time. big mess, too many quesitons, wouldn't know where to begin really.
 monongahela
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 7:55:26 AM
If we all would check the history books we would see that one of our own bombers while flying through fog hit the Empire State Building in 1943. Only a few people died, and the building is still standing.
 RDtoo
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2009 9:41:33 PM
The other day I was reading about a 150 year old newspaper, the Rocky Mountain News going out of business. There were comments that the internet has made newspapers practically defunct. I started thinking of all the other jobs that the internet has made defunct. These jobs are never coming back. We have a world with too many people and too few jobs. Does anyone think the government or the secret government needs to get rid of a bunch of us for economic stability to return?
 scorpiomover
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2009 5:12:17 PM
Anyone notice that Iraq is one of side of Iran, and Afghanistan is on the other? That puts Iran squarely between 2 American bases. AFAIK, in military strategy, that's called a "pincer movement". Basically, they're boxed in like sardines. Easy pickings.

Anyone also notice that before 9/11 and the War on Terror, Iran was the enemy of America, and America couldn't do anything about it, because it was protected on both sides by strongly Islamic and militant countries? Anyone notice how before the War on Terror, war with Iran was unthinkable? Well, now it's possible.

Now, once America either has control of Iran, or has Iran giving them control of their oil, America will have strong control over all the oil in the Middle East, because all the other countries in the Middle East already are dealing with America. Since America is using oil like it's going out of fashion, then given that we know oil is going to run out soon, it makes perfect sense to grab all the oil now, while they can.

If I was a betting man, I'd bet that someone planned all this. Looks like a great way to take control of oil, and blame it on "National Security". All you need is to "ignore" a few warnings. Hey, weren't America warned that Pearl Harbour was likely to be attacked, and ignored it? Is it definite that Americans never expected Kamikaze missions, given how many Kamikaze missions they experienced in WWII? Is it definite that American Intelligence Services knew nothing about this? 9/11 kept Bush in the White House, and gave him an open ticket to do what he wanted.

I'm just asking questions.
 RDtoo
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 3/9/2009 12:27:40 AM
Interesting post wantasmart1. I don't see how another world war would be possible though, without involving nuclear weapons which would be a death sentence for most of the planet. I am thinking that getting rid of unwanted population would come in the form of a major salmonella outbreak or similar. Maybe the recent peanut butter scare was a test?
 RDtoo
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2010 1:13:43 AM
Just watched an episode of a tv show called "Conspiracy Theory" hosted by Jesse "the body" Ventura. Alex Jones was on hand directing Jesse to fusion centers that are operating and collecting data on U.S. citizens. Interesting but I wondered if it was a real investigation or something put on for tv?
 Metreau
Msg: 57
Posted: 12/20/2010 9:28:37 PM
Here are a couple of conspiracy theories (which are proven without question):

General Motors (and the Streetcars)

The Tuskegee Experiments

Watergate

Gulf of Tonkin

Fluoride, Lithium, and other chemicals added into the public drinking water

The end of the Reconstruction Acts in the U.S. (if you view it that way)

Anyone who questions whether these are conspiracies or not needs to be punched in the face. These have all been proven to be conspiracies, and the research is very clear about each of these events.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/27/2010 11:52:41 AM
I can't support punching people out for failing to recognize that these were all conspiracies, or the result of conspiracies, but it IS an excellent list of real things that were done in underhanded ways, for private gain by powerful individuals. I haven't heard about LITHIUM in the water though, I'll have to check that one out.
 flyguy51
Msg: 59
Posted: 12/29/2010 11:45:37 AM
I give credence to the theory that the TWA 800 explosion was actually an accidental shoot-down by a US Navy missile test. Airplanes aren't known for spontaneously exploding.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2011 11:42:54 AM
Actually, the way I heard it, TWA 800 was the SECOND 747 to explode due to Boeing's unsafe fuel tank design. The first one exploded on the ground, without a load of passengers in it, so it wasn't publicized much. To this day, Boeing has not done what was RECOMMENDED they do to correct the problems (inject inert gases into the fuel tanks when emptying), instead they found what they HOPE is a cheaper "fix," altering the wiring a bit.
 jed456
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2011 2:17:33 PM
The Tuskegee Experiments

Absolutely although not a conspiracy theory but fact as you noted.Horrible events.
July 25, 2002 --Thirty years ago today, the Washington Evening Star newspaper ran this headline on its front page: "Syphilis Patients Died Untreated." With those words, one of America's most notorious medical studies, the Tuskegee Syphilis Study, became public.

"For 40 years, the U.S. Public Health Service has conducted a study in which human guinea pigs, not given proper treatment, have died of syphilis and its side effects," Associated Press reporter Jean Heller wrote on July 25, 1972. "The study was conducted to determine from autopsies what the disease does to the human body."

The next morning, every major U.S. newspaper was running Heller's story. For Morning Edition, NPR's Alex Chadwick reports on how the Tuskegee experiment was discovered after 40 years of silence.

The Public Health Service, working with the Tuskegee Institute, began the study in 1932. Nearly 400 poor black men with syphilis from Macon County, Ala., were enrolled in the study. They were never told they had syphilis, nor were they ever treated for it. According to the Centers for Disease Control, the men were told they were being treated for "bad blood," a local term used to describe several illnesses, including syphilis, anemia and fatigue.

For participating in the study, the men were given free medical exams, free meals and free burial insurance.

At the start of the study, there was no proven treatment for syphilis. But even after penicillin became a standard cure for the disease in 1947, the medicine was withheld from the men. The Tuskegee scientists wanted to continue to study how the disease spreads and kills. The experiment lasted four decades, until public health workers leaked the story to the media.

By then, dozens of the men had died, and many wives and children had been infected. In 1973, the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) filed a class-action lawsuit. A $9 million settlement was divided among the study's participants. Free health care was given to the men who were still living, and to infected wives, widows and children.

But it wasn't until 1997 that the government formally apologized for the unethical study. President Clinton delivered the apology, saying what the government had done was deeply, profoundly and morally wrong:

"To the survivors, to the wives and family members, the children and the grandchildren, I say what you know: No power on Earth can give you back the lives lost, the pain suffered, the years of internal torment and anguish.

"What was done cannot be undone. But we can end the silence. We can stop turning our heads away. We can look at you in the eye and finally say, on behalf of the American people: what the United States government did was shameful.

"And I am sorry."
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 3/14/2011 6:32:30 PM
How about the possibility that a Conservative sub group PURPOSELY drove the American Economy into the crapper, just so that they could use the excuse to kill unions, and shut down social support programs?
Just putting it out there. I don't think they are that smart, myself.
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 4/1/2011 8:47:38 PM
I DO think they are crass enough to USE this mess to do the same things in the name of "deficit reduction." More of the fodder for conspiracy theories comes from the vultures lined up along the side of any event, than from the actual lead players and instigators.
 RDtoo
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2011 2:52:34 PM
The end of the Reconstruction Acts???? Reconstruction destroyed what was left of the South and caused the formation of the Ku Klux Klan. Not sure what the point was here.
Show ALL Forums  > Current Events  > Most likely conspiracy theory