Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 semper_vera
Msg: 25
view profile
History
caring for someone dyingPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Yes, my father - who was at home right up until about 24 hours before his death from cancer.

How I dealt with it? I'm not sure I did - it was a long time after he died before I really 'dealt with it' in any meaningful way.

I was with him as much as possible, doing whatever I could for him, and just being together - a lot of just sitting and watching tv or reading in the same room, but I cherish every moment of it. Neither of us were particularly emotionally demonstrative (understatement), but we took the opportunity to verbalize our feelings - I am grateful that I had the chance to tell him that I loved him and how much he meant to me.

That's all you really can do - be there for them. And don't forget about yourself - I would have been a lot better off if I hadn't waited so long to go to grief counselling.

sv
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >