Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 bluelight139
Msg: 49
how is everyone planning on handling new years eve alone?Page 6 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Don't Read Till New Years Eve. Here's Your big Kiss
 Just_Jerry
Msg: 50
view profile
History
how is everyone planning on handling new years eve alone?
Posted: 12/29/2006 5:37:56 PM
Funny I had'nt even gave it any thought:) I've been invited to several parties, all of which I declined because I don't drink and I never seem to have a good time watching others drink and make total fools of themselves, while blaming their actions on whatever it is that they had to drink. I know that wherever it is that I end up, even if it is home alone, I'll still be in good company:) and I'll wake up feeling like a million bucks ;)
 markbr
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2006 5:41:52 PM
question - u r going to be in a place where there is no one else ? if so, why ? if not, u r not alone - i'm of to norway (for training for) and then mozambique (in total about 12 months all in) and i probably won't get to kiss anyone for at least that time - think good thoughts - it'll happen - i'm already getting worried that i'll never kiss anyone again, ever - i know i'm going to miss finishing work, having a couple after work (i'm not going to be able to drink), then spending ten million hours getting ready to go out, meet my palss and then get totally shot at some disco, somewhere (eastbourne, brighton, glasgow, oxford, london) but u never know what else will happen, especially when ur not looking. i know that is a bit disjointed and i probably didnt get ecactly what i meant across (im not clever enough to do that) buthopefully you get the gist. ur good looking - let them come to you
 JustCallMeMike
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2006 9:14:08 PM
Sitting at home with either just me and my mom and my cat. Or on the computer working on something. All the while thinking how much I hate being alone. How I am the oldest child, yet the last single one. How I am so far behind the power curve in my love life compared to most of my friends and family. Pondering triumpths and loses of this year. Wondering where my new goals in life will take me. Thinking if I could really win the Lottery. And just generally bad mouthing myself for having a fear of talking to women (especially those I find attractive).
 DavidBryan
Msg: 54
Posted: 12/29/2006 9:27:32 PM
South Park Marathon on Comedy Channel & a bottle of Jack Daniels.....

-DavidBryan
 canyunflyer
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/29/2006 11:05:05 PM
I (Like a couple other members) have a sober dance, pot luck to attend... but will prob. not be able to make it because it is 50 miles away in a larger town. I am ending this old year with about as much cash as I was born with! ha!! so...no traveling. I will prob. head into my little rural logging town to hang with the "amatures". I will let them do the heavy drinking! there is a good band. I know all the musicians, being one myself. I like to dance....and who knows...just might be in the right place at the right time for that nice New Years Kiss. Mmmmmmm.

Heres wishing No one has a Bad or miserable New Years! If I was happily partnered up... I would be happy to stay home and talk, cuddle, play...watch movies. Its all good. Just don';t be puttin' any dumb paper hat on me. ha.
 CrackedHalo
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 9:36:32 AM
I feel your pain Miss.......I will also be spending New Years eve alone once again. I guess I will pick up a movie and some popcorn and try real hard to be hopeful for 2007, I sure am getting tired of feeling so blah.........must be the season! Oh well..........to everyone down and lonely this season ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))) and all the best in 2007! Maybe we could have our own countdown on here.........
 SummerWolf
Msg: 64
Posted: 12/30/2006 9:45:50 AM
Going to a 7 courses dinner with open bar with some friends.
 CrackedHalo
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 9:53:31 AM
Staying hopeful is hard since this will be the third year I have said "maybe next year"......ohhhhhh well........ CHEERS!
 nonsensical
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/30/2006 12:41:53 PM
I'll be babysitting so the kids can out. So I'll be playing: cars and trucks and trains and reading a bedtime stories and spending time with my favorite little guy. It will be wonderful seeing a New Year unfold through the eyes of a child and I know there will be lots of smiles and laughter. Now how lucky am I?
Happy New Year to everyone. Make it your best ever.
 junipermoon
Msg: 73
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 1:01:49 PM
cooking my *ss off and dropping the food off at a party. i'll probably just go to bed after that.

the man i love is in jail, and i'll go visit him monday evening.
 canyunflyer
Msg: 75
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 1:41:24 PM
Something I guess I will Never understand. this very ilogical tradition of swallowing various intoxicating liquids... both out in the clubs...and Home alone, until you are completely inmcapable of anything??!!! Starting the brand new fresh year in a vegatative state in which all our human qualities have been shut off seem ludicrous to me. and ya know what... it is! for some reason, it seems even more sad for those who feel the need to do this home alone.

I'm not talking about having a few glasses of good wine or champagne... I'm talking about getting very drunk...wasted...stumblin down pukin' drunk! In truth, there is no logical argument that exists for it. I'm waiting? ha!

Missright: You must have done something right...cause you are still hot. I'm a little ways behind ya... but you are an inspiration. All these Kids on here outta take note. ha! A very Happy New year to you.
 vivienne3
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2006 8:28:02 PM
I have always enjoyed quiet a New Year's Eve. A nice dinner, then going downtown to the City Hall to hear the band and count down the old year. Be home early enough that I know I will wake up in the morning without a hangover or blood shot eyes.

House parties are nice, too. Celebrating with friends and family is great.

Since I don't mind my own company, the evening with my puppy is just fine. I don't buy into all the hype about the holiday season.

Dances can be a bit of a bother when drunks that you would rather never see again try to plaster slobbery kisses on you. I try to fend them off with my raised glass of whatever, but more often then not, they wear it.
 Dovestreasure
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2006 12:50:51 AM
New Years eve is hard for me. Its one of those anniversary dates that brings up a sad memory. Of course the very best way to change that is to make new happy memories. Sooo I am going to Lakeland to a POF party.. I am looking foward to making new friends whether or not I get kissed at midnight.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!
 allusnine
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2006 3:44:56 PM
The same thing I have done for the past few years. put on comfy clothes, and watch movies, or read a book. Take a couple of sleeping aids and go to be early. YAWN!!!!

Gees I need a life!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Remember God will bring your future spouse to you in his time, not yours
 sparticuss
Msg: 92
Posted: 12/31/2006 3:52:00 PM
I went into town, with the other half million people who went in and we watched the fire works. Quite frankly not having anyone to kiss on new years eve means little to me.

Not having someone to kiss the other 364 days of the year is what counts.

I don't like women who moan about not having a partner (fashion accessory) on tis or that occasion. A patner is for ALL occasions.
 Americanlove
Msg: 95
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:04:52 PM
Well, I have had a so called b/f for about 2 months now...wonderful man and so kind...
perfect gentleman.
I am serious but..........today I talked to him and we had made plans for me to come to his house this evening after I got of work.............Okay....when I talked to him, he tells me that his EX and her 13 year old son are back from Florida from a Christmas trip...No problem, he wants to take the child his gift...I have no problem with that...........BUT, then he tells me that he does not know what time he will be hokme because he does not know what time they are gonna be home so that he can go over and give the child his gift....My thing is....why did he not give the child his gift while I was at work or yesterday.............
is he really into the child or the mother still??
Then he tells me that he can't call me beacuse I had my cell phone stolen Friday night...so he will come to my house and let me know when he gets home.............Yeah...Right..I don't think so...He made plans with me and that should have came first......This is totally out of character for this man but...........I think I am sitting at home alone on New Years Eve and it will be the last time he leaves me hanging.....I could have gone to 2 parties tonight....
I am fine...I am watching the Twilight Zone marathon on Sci fi channel and eating pizza........I will wake up without a DUI and say..............Ahhhhhhhhhh I am alive another year.....But, I doubt he will be in the picture....Anyone agree?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.........
 crystal_00_43
Msg: 98
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:20:47 PM
i wish i had some one to hold and kiss to but he is not here so i will do nothing happy new year all of you and mabie next year we will have it all this is my first time home alone on new years with out a man but working on that
 Just A Country Girl
Msg: 99
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:24:43 PM
Spending the evening on POF... ...maybe next year to all us people who are spending New Years Eve alone....Happy New Year to All !!
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:29:41 PM
Depends on how much deeper my depression sinks.. so far I havent left the house this weekend and it looks to me that any real questions about where I am mentaly from the board in a general way have been deleted...but thanks for pushing me over the edge..
Posted: 12/31/2006 5:39:59 PM
Sorry I have God..I just don't have a life anybody else would be interested in.
Seems they (mods) would rather delete any qyestions I ask so This will be my last post.
Have fun.. doubt any will find anything real here.. I sure haven't...
 Just A Country Girl
Msg: 110
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:39:52 AM
Way to go misskiss...very happy for you
Does he have a father?
 cowboy_tdm1
Msg: 114
Posted: 1/1/2007 2:44:01 PM
Thank you for singing the new year in to me misskiss. What a beautiful way to start it out.
 Rythmn
Msg: 115
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 3:34:23 PM
not sure why this thread is on after new year's eve, but i must affirm that i had a great evening, even though the kiss on the cheek was platonic. we went to the santa cruz ad hoc parade and watched bagpipers and peace marchers, and opera singers and musicians and drummers and lots of costumes, after i made home made soup at my place to warm us up for the outdoors. we had munchies watching the parade at a mexican restaurant sitting outdoors, went to a movie and then to a great band and dancing, seated by a big fireplace. topped it off with a few minutes of homage to the ocean and then i was returned to my home, just in time for a phone call after midnite from a pof buddy. after talking a long time, i went online to say happy new year's to all and then woke up to a new year and a sunny day and a nice drive to pick up my daughter at her friend's house.

i could have stayed home and felt desperate or stayed home and felt great. being an extrovert, i chose to have the best time possible that i would enjoy and cherish. plus, i now have another nice place on my list to go back on my own and listen to music.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  >