Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE THAT ARE 100% EVIL???      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 punkrockprinces
Msg: 1
ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE THAT ARE 100% EVIL???Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
A friend and I were debating whether or not there are truely evil people or just evil acts-so here is your chance to speak up and be heard. Are you evil or have experiences that support or deny that there are/aren't evil people among us.
 nipoleon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE THAT ARE 100% EVIL???
Posted: 1/1/2007 3:49:59 AM
Well, frankly no.

People are neither good nor evil.
People are weak, lazy, ignorant and stupid, but not evil.
It takes just as much wisdom to commit a truly evil act as to commit a truly good act.

How many times have you experienced something which you thought was good at first and then had a bad outcome ? Or, experienced something you thought was bad and had it come out good ?
In order to commit a truly good or evil act one must have the wisdom to know what the true outcome of any act will be, and no one has such wisdom.

Not one person on earth can know with absolute certainty, the real result of anything they do 5 minutes after they have done it.
 t-gurl
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/1/2007 9:43:24 AM

People are weak, lazy, ignorant and stupid, but not evil.

Serial killers are often highly intelligent and work very hard at what they do.

Then there is the sick in the head. Ted Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, George Bush, anyone on American Idol etc. I view them as sick.

You say tomato, I say tomato *sounds better when spoken out loud *

In order to commit a truly good or evil act one must have the wisdom to know what the true outcome of any act will be, and no one has such wisdom.

Not one person on earth can know with absolute certainty, the real result of anything they do 5 minutes after they have done it

By end result, I assume you mean after all repercussions have flowed throughout infinity. If a person hijacks an airplane and aims it at a building, he may not "know with absolute certainty" that the building will collapse but he will know that in 5 minutes something bad is going to happen.

People are neither good nor evil

If that were true, then EVERYBODY on this site is in for a let down since they all seem to be looking for good people.

People can only be judged by their actions. Good actions = good people. Evil actions = evil people.
 nipoleon
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 10:21:59 AM
Maby Jesus himself, had the wisdom to commit a truly good act, or an evil one, if he wanted to.
I think the Devil couldn't be more proud of religion if he'd invented it himself.
I think Jesus had very little to do with Christianity.

I think no one on Earth knows with certainty, what will happen 5 minutes from now.
I think no one on Earth knows with certainty, what will happen 5 minutes after that.

We are all part of an endless chain of causes and effects, which stretch back to the fathomless past, and moves onward into the endless future.

It's not a matter of Good or Evil, it's a matter of how you feel about it and react to it.
 JMars
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/1/2007 12:58:00 PM
I would say that there are people who are predominantly evil, but this is judging them by their actions and the effect fo their actions upon society, and doesn't deal with intangibles that cannot be measured.

In the end, no person is so good that they do not have some fault, nor is anyone so evil that they don't have some redeeming quality.
 2findU
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 2:53:15 PM
Have you ever heard of Adolf Hitler? 100% pure evil. Joseph Stalin, another one and of course Sadam Huessain
 designingwoman
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 1/1/2007 6:05:16 PM
Bush is evil. It is also a murderer.

It ordered the deaths of 150+ prisoners in Texas with the death penalty, some of whom could have been innocent of the crimes.

It has also sent thousands of soldiers to their deaths for a useless war. That same war has resulted in the deaths of Iraqis who had nothing to do with the insurgency.

Evil=Bushboy, **** Cheney, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Pol Pot, etc.

Hypocritical: The disgusting Religious Right is also evil with its vile hypocrisy. Jerry Falwell, Pat Robertson, etc. Many of these evangelists mouth off with hateful remarks about gays and lesbians while also being gay themselves! They also do many things that violate Christ's teachings. Christ would throw them out like He did the money changers of his day.
 colt8301
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/2/2007 4:54:32 AM
I don't know because folks who are supposed to be evil feel they are doing good. Personally because i am a bit of a dramatist yes. The worlds a f^%$ed up place punk princes. everybody has a little bad, i can do some evil if it means me having to survive, does it make me evil or a survivor, I don't know.
 designingwoman
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 1:43:13 PM
Great post, Hell Gibson
 madskillz99
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 8:04:32 PM
There is no such thing as good and evil. Good and evil are constructs created to provide moral reference points based on the prevailing beliefs of your culture, religion, clan.

300 years ago it would be considered due course for an insubordinate sailor to be run through by an officer's sword. That was normal. Is it evil?

Americans ascribe evil characteristics to Japanese fanatics who flew their aircraft into ships in Kamikaze attacks. Is it evil or just desperate?

Do you think a Tobacco executive gets up in the morning and says "Hey, maybe I should go murder the neighbor."

Muslims slaughter animals at Eid. PETA would say that's evil. But it's a normal, morally acceptable custom for that particular culture.

I personally ascribe to a set of ethical standards with the idea that actions that overtly or inadvertantly hurt others are wrong. Actions that help others are good for the community, but one should never go as far out of his or her way to help others as to hurt himself in the process.
 luzora
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 1/2/2007 11:01:26 PM
go and watch crash....
 BeerShark
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/3/2007 4:44:36 PM
"Everybody has a little larceny in 'em"-Bing Crosby,White Christmas

The thing with evil is that it works best when mixed with generous amounts of likability. it's not how much evil, just how evil.
 Dancing_4_You
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2007 2:55:16 AM
have you read scott peck's book: "People of the Lie"? the book is about evil. not about the people in prisons who got there by circumstance or brain chemistry or because they weren't rich enough to get proper legal representation. instead, about the fine upstanding citizens, often the pillars of society, who commit atrocious acts and pretend they did not happen. when you see a bigot or a murderer, you can say there s/he goes. but you cannot address, that which you cannot see. that is the force of evil.
 Ravager
Msg: 35
Posted: 1/7/2007 2:38:26 PM
My idea of evil, is having a complete grasp on what is moral, and striving to do the exact opposite.
 LittleMissScareAll
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/19/2007 11:07:08 PM
Almost all people are evil.
 JMars
Msg: 39
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:09:49 AM
Guys like Hitler can be cited as examples of 100% evil as a result of the common recognition of the magnitude of his crimes, along with the taboo of voicing any recognition of any positive quality about him, but *100%* evil has less to do with the magnitude of a particular crime and more to do with the lack of ANY redeeming qualities.

So, do you believe that there are people ENTIRELY lacking in ANY redeeming qualities?

I have little doubt that there are people who are more wicked than good, and that the nature and magnitude of their crimes fully warrent the death penalty, but I also doubt that any one of them is entirely lacking in worth. I don't believe in the boogeyman.

The Nazi's for instance brought value back to German currency... so that a literal wheelbarrel full could buy something more, much more as one should expect, than a single, stale old loaf of bread. And Hitler was a speaker par excellence.

Divorce those qualities from the Nazis or Hitler, and whamo, they would be deemed good. So, they are good. Do they mitigate the evil done by the aforementioned? Nope. Not in the least. But they are good and desireable qualities nevertheless.

100% evil isn't something that can be judged with a sideways glance at 100 mph, for all that insufferable evil might be clear and plain enough from a mile away on a foggy day.
 wildflowerkitten
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/20/2007 2:44:36 PM
100% evil, no. Some of the worst of the above mentioned were kind to their mothers or to a dog.

I do believe that some people are 99% evil, or what ever you consider the highest percentage. I grew up with some who seemed to be completely souless from birth on, but then they came from extremely abusive backgrounds, many from parents who were drug users. Personally, I think they should be euthanized as soon as their natures are revealed. You can't "fix" them. Before anyone jumps on me, that's just MY opinion. And probably the opinons of their victims and of the families of the victims that didn't survive. 4 year olds who constantly derive pleasure from ripping apart live animals is not a normal or happy person.

There was a woman here for awhile I that consider extremely evil. She's a meth addict and does nothing but harm to people. But I know her mother, and she says the woman used to be a hard worker and a good mom. Now she supplies her own son with drugs. As far as I am concerned, she chose to be evil. She even abused her mother, who loves her (or her memory) but won't have anything more to do with her. This woman also comes across when you first meet her as sweetsy sweetsy, to worm her way into people's lives. Of course, some would argue she had an addictive personality, and that's not her fault. Doesn't matter to me, what she does is evil.

I do believe in 100% evil actions. And all this is just splitting hairs.
 semper_vera
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:30:28 PM

Not one person on earth can know with absolute certainty, the real result of anything they do 5 minutes after they have done it.

Well, when you plan, then do, kidnap a woman, take her to your place, torture her - you have a pretty good idea of what's going on. And when you start chopping up her body into peices that can fit into luggage to be disposed of later, I'm thinking you have to know that she's going to die. yep, that's pretty straight forward - bleed a body enough and life seeps away (never mind the shock and trauma of the rest of the activity). Yeah, I have to say that when you deliberately murder somebody, you know that the real result of your actions is that person's death.

I never used to believe in pure evil. Then I met a man with a long, long history of horrific violent offences. I looked into his eyes. And I will never forget that. There was no soul behind those eyes, just pure evil. Words are not enough to describe the experience. It was only afterwards that I found out about his history - and having looked into his eyes, I wasn't surprised.

sv
 semper_vera
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2007 9:30:56 PM
oops double post
 ponygrlâ„¢
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/22/2007 8:16:12 AM

Bush's reasons for invading Iraq are as varied as the people you ask. From:

1. WMD 2. Liberating Iraq 3. Oil Interests 4. His Daddy wanted him to finish the job

bush had no right to interfere with the liberation of iraq, let them fend for themselves, oil interests is greed a/k/a evil or deadly sin, finishing daddy's job, well he's just an evil puppet of an evil puppeteer as well.

to me, the evil ones are those who commit the devilish crimes, taking away someones life, the presidents sending young people off to an uncalled for war, the people whom turn their backs on those in need....and i'm not talking about freeing a country, just help by words of wisdom. you know it's good to help those whom help themselves.
 semper_vera
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/22/2007 10:27:59 AM

Richard Kuklinsky...now that was evil incarnate

Ah, but was he 100% evil?

Yes, he was a cold-blooded killer - but to him that was just business. The guy loved his familly; he was a devoted husband and father. That doesn't make him a good guy or mitigate in any way the evils he committed, but it does show that he wasn't *pure* evil.

sv
 2Maggie22
Msg: 53
Posted: 8/18/2018 12:29:54 PM
People are evil to each other and nobody thinks anything of it
 junipermoon
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2018 3:50:41 PM
i look at some of the men who taught in my catholic primary school, and i think. 'yes. some people are complete evil incarnate.'
 platypus_man
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 1:00:19 AM
Well, I would consider the priests who molest all those children to be 100% evil. And there's supposedly about 25,000 of them spread around the world, based on the figures quoted in Spotlight. So that's a lot of evil, out there.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 9/9/2018 7:03:54 PM
YES
Date: Sep 11, 2001

The September 11 attacks were a series of four coordinated terrorist attacks by the Islamic terrorist
group al-Qaeda against the United States on the morning of Tuesday, September 11, 2001. The attacks killed 2,996 people, injured over 6,000 others, and caused at least $10 billion in infrastructure and property damage. Additional people died of 9/11-related cancer and respiratory diseases in the months and years following the attacks.

Target: World Trade Center, (AA 11 and UA 175) The Pentagon (AA 77) White House or U.S. Capitol, (UA 93, failed)
Attack type: Aircraft hijackings, Suicide attacks, Mass murder, Terrorism
Deaths: 2,996 (2,977 victims + 19 hijackers)
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > ARE THERE ANY PEOPLE THAT ARE 100% EVIL???