Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > California  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 The Minister of Dudeness
Msg: 27
Gender Differences: Real or Myth?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Yep I didn't think mine looked like a wallet. It would be nice if I could get money from it.
You can get money from it. Do what you gotta do then just take it into any old California divorce court.

I'll only be providing braille instruction if I do a blind man.
"We really need to get you over to the spelling and grammar thread..." -- Stevie Wonder at the end of a third date with GrnEyedQT.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 28
Gender Differences: Real or Myth?
Posted: 1/30/2008 8:19:22 PM

LOL no I don't want it to look like an ATM... I could use more money. I'll only be providing braille instruction if I do a blind man. I can't see that happening anytime soon.

Quick, somebody pass me a blindfold. Does Loubie make those too?
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 30
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:09:04 PM
I don't know. I'm trying to picture me in stillettos and a blindfold. I can tell you one thing, in an outfit like that I won't be flashing my big fat wallet!

(That's the first and hopefully last time I'll use the banana smiley, but it just couldn't be helped!)

Oh, and about that Super Bowl? Tivo the game, have sex, then forget the game and have some more sex!!
 The Minister of Dudeness
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/30/2008 9:45:28 PM
Well if it works like a sperm bank, personally I would only use it for deposits, not withdrawals. But then there's CaliforniaBob...
 The Minister of Dudeness
Msg: 33
Posted: 1/30/2008 10:38:36 PM
I'm not making an early withdrawal, I'm rolling it over...
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/31/2008 7:51:41 AM

normally I would ask Ace because he's so wise, but he's too busy looking for a blindfold to make himself blind for me.

Sorry dear, it appears that your friend Ace has been kidnapped, blindfolded, bound, gagged, and thoroughly whipped in that other "alternative lifestyle" thread.We'll let you know when we're done with him.

JadeMuse
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/2/2008 10:16:09 AM

Good God... I've become an internet whore.

Don't worry about it, GEQT... Someone had to!

Besides, that part on the bottom of that POF top ten page says that you are right on target for what men like to chat about, #1=sex.

Gender differences are pretty well covered in that section as far as what each likes to discuss with the opposite sex.

...There was also a study done back in the 80's at USC where students were asked to come to a waiting room where each waited alone for 10 minutes until let into the main room with the researchers. Each was asked what they remembered from the waiting room.

The women spoke of details... the color of the print of the couch, the texture of the chair in the corner book/magazine titles, clock on the bookcase, lamp on the other table, etc...

The men knew they were sitting on a couch, and there was a coffee table in front of them, and not much else.

Back when we were all hunter/gatherers this would mean:

Women have been able prepare a meal, gather sticks for the fire, and still keep track of their kids... it involves a lot of back and forth between both sides of the brain where the divider (corpus callosum) is larger and more developed in the female.
Men are more goal-oriented using one part of the brain at a time. Focused, and therefore not interested in the piddling details of a situation that doesn't directly affect them. By goal, I mean better at tracking down a deer, beating it's head in with a rock, and bringing it back to feed his family.

Each has survival value.
Besides, it wouldn't be any fun if we were all the same!

~~JadeMuse XX
 JadeMuse
Msg: 42
Posted: 2/2/2008 10:32:39 AM

Okay, you need to stop that kind of talk, it's making me moist.

Whatever makes you percolate, Trix! ; )
 JadeMuse
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/2/2008 12:11:11 PM

Men are horrible at such details.

Not exerting an absolute, Bob... don't get yer panties in a twist!
Read it again...
Just a very general sex difference.
I don't believe that one is better over the other, just different.

Remember:
"It is not our differences that divide us,
it is our inability to recognize, accept,
and celebrate those differences."
--Audre Lorde (1934–1992)

~~Jade Muse
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/2/2008 4:02:55 PM
I must confess to be one of the men who might have remembered sitting on a ... was it a couch? However, if you asked me to _design_ the room I'd have it dailed in with a micrometer. It's just a matter of priorities. If I'm not likely to spend much time there, I'm not likely to put much focus on it.

These things are tendencies. When you overlay the bell-curves of males vs. females for most of these traits, the region of overlap is typically greater than 2 standard deviations, which means that about 60% of the observed differences could have occurred by chance.
 eye4light
Msg: 46
Posted: 2/2/2008 8:56:13 PM

A really GOOD lapdancer makes change.

Oh yes Ali, I'd like to have a really good laplander for a change. Thanks!
 eye4light
Msg: 49
Posted: 2/5/2008 9:25:00 PM

What's a laplander?

1 - Also called Lap-land-er [lap-lan-der,] a member of a Finnic people of northern Norway, Sweden, Finland, and adjacent regions.

2 - Also called [u]Lappish[/u]. any of the languages of the Lapps, closely related to Finnish.

3 – An exotic dancer who wears 5-inch heels and is therefore prone to accidentally falling into one’s lap without warning…or something like that.

eye4light
Msg: 50
Posted: 3/29/2008 6:59:43 PM
Hey, where did all my lap-landing friends go? Have I been away for too long?
 matchlessm
Msg: 52
Posted: 3/31/2008 12:14:54 AM
JadeMuse,

What you said is typical of a lot of other assertions by women on this thread (and elsewhere.) I wonder how you know these things are true. Or is it more that you ran across some scrap of junk science that you IMAGINE is true? A lot of what women on this site say about guys may be true in some cases, but almost none of it describes me or any guys I know. When I read offensive, insulting remarks about men in general, I'm going to start challenging the women who are making them.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 53
Posted: 4/2/2008 7:59:47 AM
Matchless...^^^^
It is unfortunate that what should have been received as a light, funny story --that usually goes over big at dinner parties, by the way, should be so controversial as to find some insulted.

Going back over my gender differences posts and the reactions to them, I don't see what offense I have committed, unless I somehow did not express myself clearly, which isn't the case here. I am very specific about my word choice.
If I wanted to express a mean-spirited attitude, I would have. There is nothing here on which to challenge me.
I did not put anyone down. If I actually had done so here, I would have apologized immediately.
Perhaps my sense of humor doesn't overlap with yours.

Be well,
JadeMuse

BTW...
It was based on a real study dramatized here for simple amusement. The facts still remain the same. ~JM
 JadeMuse
Msg: 55
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:12:00 PM
Awww shucks, Bob!
If I wanted to get to you after class, I would just contract SSG to shank ya!
...But, for an actual butt-kickin' good time, I would be inclined to make an offering to The Mominatrix!

My spin on the conclusions was supposed to be silly (FAIL! ), but what that study really showed was a tendency for a man to excel when working towards a singular goal, whereas a woman tended to show excellence when multitasking.
These aren't mutually exclusive.

The "piddling details" I was referring to was indicating exactly that: the ones that did not affect the final outcome of the actual task.
Peripheral things such as while preparing for a BBQ, for instance, to remember to get the paper plates, whereas the meat and charcoal and lighter fluid would never be on the list for reminding.

A man would more likely be able to stand in one place all day chatting and turning his meat and adding spices and sharing his secrets over the pit he is the master of whereas a woman would more likely be keeping an eye on several things at once...
Like monitoring the ice, beer, and toilet paper levels. Receiving new people at the door, remembering the extra stash of condiments she already bought in the back of the fridge, slicing up more lettuce for the burgers he is lovingly making while she is blending some mango margaritas for a few chosen guests.

Each of these ways of thinking and doing contribute to the BBQ.
I am sure the party would be a fabulous success because of both kinds of contributions...

In fact, I am starting to drool over the thought of a medium-rare steak and an ice-cold Corona right now!
Will there be dancing at this party, Bob?
I'll bring some extra t.p. ...
 matchlessm
Msg: 56
Posted: 4/2/2008 12:38:48 PM
JadeMuse,

I re-read your post about the study, and you're right. I popped off at you unfairly, and I apologize. I'm usually pretty easy-going, but I have my pride--and I'm sick of reading so much stuff that presumes any given man is a no-good bast**d until HE proves otherwise. As if being born with a "Y" chromosome in your cells were like original sin and had to be redeemed. Give me a G*d*mned break.

I should have put what I had to say more like socalibob did. I agree with him 100%, both as to the obvious exceptions to the sex difference the study found, and as to the consistently negative portrayal of men in advertisements.

I DO know how to lighten up, and next time, I will.
 JadeMuse
Msg: 58
Posted: 4/3/2008 6:01:49 AM
^^^^Matchless...
XX with an opinion does not equal man-hater...
I hope your XY finds comfort in this.
Be well...
~JadeMuse

^^^^Dearest Bob...

We're thinking alike now, aren't you scared?
...*giggle* I love it when you talk/write dirty.

Nope, because nothing gets by you, either!

Do we have a choice? I have a feeling that whenever you're liquored up on Corona there's always dancing going on.

Yes, Bob... wear your steel-toed s***-kickers and you'll be alright.
 AceOfSpace
Msg: 61
Posted: 4/3/2008 8:40:49 PM
Chromosome envy!
 JadeMuse
Msg: 64
Posted: 4/4/2008 6:52:53 AM
^^^^hahaha!
Thanks for the morning giggle!!!
...It does more for me than my first cup of super-strong coffee!

Now my day can officially start.
HELLLOOO DAY!!!!
HAPPY TO BE HERE!!!
 OldFolkie
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2008 5:59:00 PM
Hmmm...I dunno, it's a difficult choice.

Climb a mountain and risk getting fried trying to slay a fire-breathing dragon...

or

Stay home and have sex all day.

Decisions! Decisions!

dharmadude
Msg: 68
Posted: 12/19/2008 12:40:10 AM
Um, let’s see...Oh ya! Guys are better at fishing than women. They have an uncanny ability to hyper-focus, hanging on to their fishing rod, twitching it just so; you know tryin’ to get that set the hook. It’s all about the hunt. You know; breathless anticipation. All spring loaded and such. Come on baby, get on their! I get the shakes just thinkin’ about it. Oh…I got a little carried away.

Oh ya, and women can’t be bothered with fishing. Worms, yuck! Clean a fish? Ooey gooey, slimy, stinky fish guts. I don’t think so!

Come to think of it, I don’t know any women who like fishing. Hmm…real or myth?
 msflis
Msg: 69
Posted: 12/19/2008 12:10:31 PM

If they cannot have sex all day long, they have to build things, invent things, run races, climb mountains and slay dragons.

So...if you keep the man busy with sex all day long, things don't get built or invented, and eventually civilization as we know it collapses? Perhaps THIS is the reason (some) women say no--they're just thinking of the greater good of the world.

My nomination for gender myth: Men want sex more than women do. My observation regarding whether it's true: Only if you add the word "some" before each gender.

--Ms. Flis
 msflis
Msg: 70
Posted: 12/19/2008 1:41:23 PM
^^^ So it will be a ... long, slow, leisurely process...

--Ms. Flis
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 71
view profile
History
Posted: 7/20/2017 7:51:37 PM
http://www.nhs.uk/news/2014/02February/Pages/Mens-and-womens-brains-found-to-be-different-sizes.aspx
"New research has pooled the results of 126 studies examining the differences in brain size between men and women"
"Scientific research Concluded - Men have bigger 'brains' and have better survival instincts"
"The fact is men are also physically bigger and stronger, than women overall, so men and women are very different in many ways"
"Men also have a better libido in later years and many women go off sex after the menopause, so their market value in the dating world is below standards, compared to men overall"
"I think this is one of the main reasons why older guys date much younger women, instead of women their own age"
"Relationship without sex = friendship and not worth investing all your energies in just friendship, when you can have it all with someone who has sexual market value"
Show ALL Forums  > California  >