Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Cold Responce vs. Read/Deleted      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 301
Cold Responce vs. Read/DeletedPage 13 of 15    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
Sometimes I've wondered if the guy I'm messaging is in the closet????

Hard to say....

Edit: Odin, I clicked on your profile and I see you're in Scotland ~ you do know you have the best accent in the world, right?

trz123
Msg: 302
Cold Responce vs. Read/Deleted
Posted: 8/5/2009 2:20:40 PM
Or how about if they deleted your message WITHOUT even reading it!? Cold!!!
 Fleur_de_Lis
Msg: 303
Posted: 8/5/2009 3:54:13 PM

True enough... just imagine how much fun you could have here though!

Tarah0128
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Posted: 8/6/2009 2:39:21 PM
Hi Odin, it's me, Fleur

I can't imagine getting used to your accent but it would be fun to try!
 Tarah0128
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 4:12:40 PM
Wow! thank you for visiting from so far SBC!!!

Hi again, Odin ~ just one Fleur here, Tarah and I are "just friends"

sugar62law
Msg: 306
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 4:36:34 PM
Fluer takes great pleasure in keeping us all confused...... hell I wouldn't know what to do if I wasn't confused......
 MikeAkaJB
Msg: 307
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:14:54 PM
are you like neighbors LOL.. or logging onto each others accounts!
 Tarah0128
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 7:32:52 PM
Why do you ask, Mike? Are you wanting to log on to Tarah's account?

lady read only
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 9:59:23 PM
The same thing has happened to Read and I with using each others computers, usually it is him on mine. Could be real interestingly funny if he posted the wrong thing. IE a total guy thing to say under my name.

I am feeling bad right now I have like three things in my inbox and I have read but not replied yet. I supose I should go do that now. I am a person that always replies even if it is a kiss my a$$.
I did have one that deleted his profile with in hours of sending me something. At first I thought it was Read in disquise, they both have the same first name.
I had another one this week that said he thought he had seen me at a store here in town and was going to ask me out but got interupted. When I looked at his profile I saw that he was looking for a casual thing and had no pic. So I kindly replied that I wasn't interested, but was curious what store and when, as I am new to the area and hadn't been to many stores. I also suggested that he send a pic as I might recognize him... I haven't heard a thing since.OH WELL!

Either way I always reply then delete after, if they want to get in touch with me again then they know how to get in touch... the ball is in their court.

BTW Mike ~welcome back
 MikeAkaJB
Msg: 310
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:04:55 PM
not really I've heard guys are distrbing and message many girls with lots and lots of inappropriate stuff LOL

and thanks.. now to find a job and figure out my shattered puzzle that is my life

Ohh just think I figured out a title to a new poem - theme a shattered puzzle mauwhuawh
 Tarah0128
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:08:35 PM

Yes, I've heard that too!

I miss this one guy's inappropriate stuff

Ah well, plenty more where that came from

Best of luck, Mike
 lady read only
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:09:15 PM
Mike~ When you get your life put back together and if you have any left over pieces let me know... I think I am missing a few. Thx
 MikeAkaJB
Msg: 313
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:18:54 PM
yes indeed guy messages are just weird.... Then again my Hello my name is Michael and I found that we have similar interests such as being fans of rascal flatts to come off just as bad as Hmm are you an alien and can I get an alien encounter, maybe a probe of some sort I hear they are into? LOL No I've never said that but that's an example of what I half expect most guys to write. =P

Yah Lady maybe if I have any left though I doubt they fit what you are missing. hehe
 lady read only
Msg: 314
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:32:41 PM
My thought on my missing pieces is that the wind blew them all over and they got mixed in with someone elses.

Hmm Alien probes.... Nope not gotten that one yet.
One guy came close to asking me that once though.
Most guys aren't crude, I have only come across a couple. One was relentless, my first response to him was polite, I just told him I wasn't interested in anything like that I really am out to just meet new people and hang out. He replied again and it was even worse. So I asked him not to contact me again, but was still polite (no reason to be rude). he replied once more and I told him that I was really uncomfortable with what he was saying and told him that if he didn't stop contacting me I would have to block him. Then he blocked me. I just had to laugh about it.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 315
view profile
History
Posted: 8/25/2009 11:35:36 PM
Wow! He sure did teach you a lesson you'll never forget!

2008outdoorspnw
Msg: 316
Posted: 8/27/2009 11:13:38 PM
"...do you really want to be involved with someone that does read/delete and doesnt answer you anyways, look at it this way they are doing you a favor and saving you from getting involved in their miserable lives."

Short & to the point & very true.

When you write a thoughtful, respectful hello & introduction it would be nice to at least get some sort of a 'no thanks, not interested' response just out of common courtesy if nothing else though. Its like coming up with the courage to walk up to someone and speaking to them only to have them turn their back to snub you... pretty cold hearted, but you're right - if they're that cold, they're doing us a favor showing their true colors up front and that's just part of the joys of putting yourself out there today I guess. fun fun;p
 MikeAkaJB
Msg: 317
Posted: 8/28/2009 12:45:36 AM
Ohh hmm *goes to write an alien message to lady so she'll have the experience of some guy writing her that*!!!

Would anyone else like a crazy response? Just state the topic of choice or the persona you would like and I can spit one out real quick! I wouldn't know if people delete or read a message. As soon as I write something I often times just go delete it from my sent history so I don't have to worry about what did she do with my message.

The bad thing is you can't tell who you messaged, who didn't respond, and well yah LOL You get the idea... I really wish POF actually didn't show matches / people who you have written to or if you can permanently remove them from your search. Often times you click remove and they appear a few hours later... Then you click to remove again and it looks like you are looking at their profile constantly. =( Thats if they pay attention to who's view me.

I've been pondering maybe I should turn that feature off so I dont know who is looking at me and don't get curious to return them the favor of looking.. I mean obviously if they look and don't write it means they arent even interested generally.

I think personally I rather get a no response if they arent interested than a closed answer in the hopes you get the hint of not writing them back.. I mean 0 response is actually you know they dont want to talk to you. A closed answer thats not directly saying I don't like you or you arent my type leaves open maybe they aren't good at responding or left open for other questions. I mean if you ask a lot of questions and they respond with yes no yes no... thats obvious no interest other to answer your questions adn hope you dont message them back LOL

Hmm I have to make this alien introduction good now.
 redryderbbgun
Msg: 318
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:06:03 PM
I've posted on this thread before. I still say cold response over none. If you cant see each email as coming from a real person than you are shallow. Can you imagine someone saying "Hi" to you at the grocery store, not responding and pretending they are invisible. I get a fair amount of mail and I always try to respond to anyone who talks the time to say hi to me. There is an epidemic of loneliness and narcissism in the world today. How hard is it to just say hi and good luck to someone.
 redryderbbgun
Msg: 319
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:07:51 PM
Unless it's some tasteless comment. Then just block em'
 lady read only
Msg: 320
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2009 11:44:20 PM
I even reply to the crude ones just to let them know I am not looking for anything like that and that I found what they had to say crude and offensive.

Mike~ Still laughing
 sky_husky
Msg: 321
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 4:28:18 AM
I haven't been on here for too long, but on dating sites in general I tend to do the "no reply" thing. Granted, I don't get 50 emails a day by any means, although I tend to have cycles of popularity. One week I get swamped, then nothing the next week.

Being a guy, my thinking might not be exactly the same as a woman's, but there are many reasons I might not respond. One, obviously, is that they're not what I'm looking for. Not that they're undesirable, but their life, goals and interests may not mesh with mine in the long term. I could go out and have fun with anyone, but if I don't think it'll work long-term, I don't want to just use them for temporary enjoyment only to let them down later.

Other reasons include being abnormally popular that week and being busy with life at the same time, so emails just slide and then it's weird to finally respond a week or two later. Or I just had a wonderful date with someone I might be interested in. Or even simply that I don't want to run a full schedule of dates booked out for the next month. I only get one girl, the rest I'll have to let down and I don't enjoy that. So fewer potential dates at once makes things a lot easier.
 read only
Msg: 322
Posted: 8/29/2009 7:25:56 AM
It's just rude with no response, but I turn it into a positive. SHe was most likely not worth my time anyways. If she is that rude to not respond, how rude is she going to be in a relationship? No thanks.

I like the comment on the saying hi at the grocery store and no reply. No matter where I am at, if I make good solid eye contact with someone, I speak, and I would say 25% of the time I don't get a response. I find it funny how rude or insecure people are.
 lady read only
Msg: 323
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 9:17:26 AM
I sat and went through my mail last night and had I think 3 that were over a week old, or there about. I responded the those as well I just start off by apologizing for taking so long to respond. It isn't hard.
 Tarah0128
Msg: 324
view profile
History
Posted: 8/29/2009 9:25:50 AM
Yes, some lack common courtesy and that's the way the ball bounces.... the cookie crumbles

I've cried myself to sleep many a night over it...

Some people just think they're too important to bother
 MikeAkaJB
Msg: 325
Posted: 8/29/2009 11:23:02 PM
Even Klexia got a reponse!!! ahh don't cry over spilt milk though maybe it was cries of laughter.. hmm Lady still trying to adjust the message to better fit my next victim.. I mean potential mate! haha

Show ALL Forums  > Washington  > Cold Responce vs. Read/Deleted