Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pantsonfire
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Self Confidence...Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I'm surprisingly lacking in self confidence, but I hide it well.. My height means that most people never challenge my apparent self confidence, if they did I would sit crying in a corner for three whole days.. I have never achieved my full potential, either educationally or vocationally.. All down to a wonderful stepfather who thought a 7 year old girl was fair game ....
 stevencl
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Self Confidence...
Posted: 1/7/2007 9:40:58 AM
because of my job i have to show a degree of confidence but inside i'm riddled with self doubt and have no confidence when it comes to women
vvvvv glad to know i'm not the only one like this, but i'm still leaving here 'cause a woman totally shattered my confidence recently - she's not on this site
 restless_native
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Self Confidence...
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:02:21 PM
I'm very self confident bordering on arrogant.

The downside is that I can come across as being a bit if a twat if you don't know me.

Probably why I'm single.
 aquaplane
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Self Confidence...
Posted: 3/10/2007 4:18:33 PM
Optimissy says alot I can relate to.

I think that the young have loads of confidence, because they don't know any better. I think that is a good thing. What shows maturity is realising what a prat you were when young.

Some folk don't modify their behaviour either because they didn't have the maturity to realise that they were a prat, or that they didn't see it because they didn't grow up.

Anyroad, I don't have a lot of self confidence, I have oodles of self worth though, I know I am a good bloke, it's convincing others that's the hard part, but I care.
 Tim61
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Self Confidence...
Posted: 3/11/2007 11:33:24 AM
I dont concider myself as a confident person, but with some of the messages I have been getting on here, as some folk have persuaded me to go to my very 1st POF meet in Brum at the end of this month, So if everthing goes well, it will be a step inthe right direction of getting some of my confidence back.

Tim
 stonecastle
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Self Confidence...
Posted: 3/11/2007 2:38:21 PM
I am not very confident either. I also used to be quite she aswell when I was a lot younger.
 CwaigyD
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Self Confidence...
Posted: 3/12/2007 12:24:56 AM
It depends what the situation is really as to how confident I am. If I'm at work or a business situation I usually find I'm very confident in what I say and do. Socially I don't do too bad either and find I'm able to get on well with everyone I meet, even if I'm not the life of the party!

But when it comes to meeting women, that's where my confidence goes completely out the window. Having a lack of confidence and being shy around women never make for a good thing which means that, at the moment at least, I rely on women coming to talk to me rather than the other way around.

Take care,
Craig
 Bobby4771
Msg: 65
Self Confidence...
Posted: 3/12/2007 2:05:39 PM
Professionally I am very confident and feel able to handle most situations that come before me.

Personally I struggle... I always have and it takes me awhile to open up in 121 meetings or dates. Being knocked has that affect, some just shrug it all off others like me cant shift away from it.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >