Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 obediantbabe
Msg: 32
Whats the deal? Half the people's profiles I look at say divorced or seperated??Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Though I lived another type of lifestyle before I met Christ; and I have the wounds to those effects!

As I understand under the Law of Moses there was a Death Penalty for fornication in the purest of reigns of the kings of Israel: and that meant if your spouse committed adultery they were executed!

Not a bad penalty considering most in America feel no guilt for their sexual sins, and no shame for their many Non-Biblical marriages.

When Christ addressed those who were going to stone the woman caught in a adultery as I understand he intervenned because they had not brought out her partner in crime; the man. In other words they had blamed her alone for this sin. Christ told her "Go and sin no more". Now we all know we all sin but wasn't he speacifically talking to her about her sexual sins as well as all of us.

A hundred years ago in this country it was considered a shame for a woman to be divorced! It's kind of like for a woman to admit she had worked as a prostitute would be in today's time.

And I'm not judging for before I meant the Master I was no better than the woman Christ saved from being stoned whom is said to be Mary Magnalene!
 Just Jacks
Msg: 33
Whats the deal? Half the people's profiles I look at say divorced or seperated??
Posted: 11/25/2008 11:05:47 AM
Taking a bit of a different angle .... Why do people find it neccessary to send negative e-mails to users? If your not interested in someone, keep viewing. Don't belittle them based soley on their profile.

snickerdoodles!!! and us POF'ers wonder why we're single!!!
 James Bottomtooth III
Msg: 34
Whats the deal? Half the people's profiles I look at say divorced or seperated??
Posted: 11/26/2008 3:20:55 PM
Marriage is not the property of any one group, ethnicity or religion.

So therefore no group, ethnicity or religion should have the right to define what marriage should be to others.
 mysticalastres
Msg: 36
Posted: 11/30/2008 8:09:15 PM
I agree with you sneaks57. I have been married for a year and a half, but my husband and I were together 9 years before we married. He had proposed to me after only being together for 6 months but we put off the wedding 6 months later because he wasn't ready. This is his second marriage and he wanted to make sure that if we got married it was for the right reasons and that it was because he wanted to be married for a long long time. I am glad we took the time to make sure that we had what we expected from our life partner before we said our "i do's".
 unione11
Msg: 37
Posted: 12/1/2008 5:26:29 PM
Personally I don't think divorce is that bad. Better to divorce then to stay in a relationship that is completely wrong for you, abusive or loveless. I do think ppl tend to bail out to early rather then work on a relationship issue. Still Divorce is not the problem. Its a natural result of not know what is important to you as a person and in a relationship and failing to recognize the absence of those things in the person married. Pre-marital counseling would help divorce rates. As fat as cheating goes that's a big subject but totally unforgivable as far as I am concerned. I think every person feels guilt and shame when they cheat or divorce. They often don't act like it to hide the hurt and shame of it.
 obediantbabe
Msg: 39
Posted: 12/8/2008 4:27:47 PM
Exactly, why do many of you think Henry the VIII of Englad started his own Church and apointed himself the Pope of it or Arch Biship of this breakoff from the Roman Catholicism?

Why?

The Pope would not allow Divorce except for adultery: and that entailed the DEATH PENALTY for the act.

Henry latter frauded his new wife's adultery and had her beheaded, remember!

Maybe taking lessons on how to handle adultery from the Moslems instead of murdering them Hitler-style and using torture for world domination and oil would be better for this continent!
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 40
Posted: 12/9/2008 6:34:38 AM
I was no better than the woman Christ saved from being stoned whom is said to be Mary Magnalene!

If one truly does their research, they will find that the writings of the Bible, are the works of two men, a pope and someone of high power (I cannot remember whom). Also, if one researches far enough, they will find that Mary Magdalen was, in fact, Christ's WIFE. She was not sent away carrying an artifact, she was, in fact, sent away carrying the child of Christ.

I mean no disrespect to those who chose to believe in the Bible, you are entiltled to your views, religions...etc. If I have offended anyone, I do apologize.

As for "commiting adultry", this was made up by the church and government, of the time, as a means to control the people, so were many such laws/rules etc. Church and government, to this day, are doing their level best to tell us what we think, feel, and should do with our lives. If one really conciders the "biological" aspects of our human-nature, we have it in our genes to procreate, not merely with one partner, but several. It is society, church, and government who have programmed us to believe that our human-instinct is wrong, and a sin. Men seek out many women because it is in their genes to do so, in order to keep their lineage going. Women seek out men who are capable of protecting, and caring for them. It is just the way we are, and have been since our creation.
 James Bottomtooth III
Msg: 41
Posted: 12/9/2008 5:37:00 PM
...if one truly does their research, they will find that the writings of the Bible, are the works of two men, a pope and someone of high power ...

...and if you go further you will find out that the story was stolen from the pagans and then interpreted literally, as it was easier for the simple people to understand.
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 42
Posted: 12/9/2008 9:03:43 PM
^^^^^You are quite right, I just forgot to add that part to my post. If one looks closely enough, they will see that the "Christian" holidays all fall on a Pagan "holiday", such as Easter is during Spring Solstice, Halloween is on All Hallow's Eve, and Chistmas is during Winter Solstice....etc. The religious leaders, of the time, just adopted the Pagan days of ritual/rite and claimed them as Chistian/Catholic etc.

Blessed Be/Merry Meets/Merry Parts
 obediantbabe
Msg: 43
Posted: 12/10/2008 5:50:22 PM
From Tazz Devil, post # 53:

If one truly does their research, they will find that the writings of the Bible, are the works of two men, a pope and someone of high power (I cannot remember whom). Also, if one researches far enough, they will find that Mary Magdalen was, in fact, Christ's WIFE. She was not sent away carrying an artifact, she was, in fact, sent away carrying the child of Christ.

It always amazes me how uneducated people are and continue their madness in a nation with a lot more education potentiality than when they staterted in 1776!
This is getting off the subject but since you want to do the SIDELINES it's important to note that the Jewish Old Testament has not changed much since Christ's Crucifiction under the San Hedron: and it's not too much different than the Christian Old Testament.

Moses recorded the first 5 books of the Old Testament, David and Solomon wrote a few, many Prophets added more documentation. As far as the New Testament, YES the Council of Niscea edited much including heredical fraudulent documents as well as a few good ones I'm sure.

But there is a factor that MOST FEMINISTS have missed in the questionable GOSPEL OF MARY MAGNALENE of which the fiction movie THE DA VINCI CODE is created from: yes fiction!

In the first couple of Chapters of THE GOSPEL OF MARY MAGDALENE Christ is said to have addressed all 12 of the disciples after the Crucifiction. What is wrong with that picture?

Judas, the 12th disciple, the one missing according to the witnesses in the first four gospels has hanged himself shortly if not during Christ crucifiction: he is dead. The author of this heresy was either ignorant of Judas's death or in it's coruption it was just a made up story to further spinter Christ's deity; thus it was edited out as a lie!

Your statement of two men wrote the Bible is absurb for the Jews DO NOT acknowledge Christ nor will they support the writtings of the New Testament. So you are saying ONE Jew wrote the entire Old Testament and ONE CHRISTIAN made up the Nicean Council story and fabricated the New Testament!

Yeah, people will believe anything like your quote shows: that is why thier are followers of Islam, Hindus, Buddists, and so many heredical sects of Christianity!

POINT: Judaism, Christianity and Islam, for the most part take a dim view of Divorce. In Leviticus the adulterous party was even put to death! A Book which definitely influences Jews and Christians!

I could list the scriptures minus the words on divorce for the Christians intested!
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 44
Posted: 12/11/2008 2:01:23 AM

THE DA VINCI CODE is created from: yes fiction!

I will admit that some of the Da Vinci Code (movie) is pure fiction, however, there are very real facts mixed in as well. There are, in fact, several scientific documentaries on the truth of who Christ truly was and the truth about Mary Magdalen.

It always amazes me how uneducated people are and continue their madness in a nation with a lot more education potentiality than when they staterted in 1776!

I am far from uneducated....I learn something new each and every day of my life. One thing I have learned is acceptance of other's views, religions, wants and desires. I do not "judge" them in any way. Each to their own, I always say. (Judge not lest ye be judged).

Judaism, Christianity and Islam, for the most part take a dim view of Divorce. In Leviticus the adulterous party was even put to death! A Book which definitely influences Jews and Christians!

As I stated before, the Bible was written by church and government to "control" the people. It truly amazes me that so many are still under the influences of pure fiction. The idea of "keeping only to ONE and forsaking all others" was created by the Church and government. This is not in our biological make up,to remain, eternally, with only one person.

There are SO many contradictions in the Bible that I could write about them every day, for years to come, however, I will not. The topic at hand is "Divorce". Yes, many religions take a very poor view on divorce. However, several religions have the view that it is written that "Man" should have more than ONE "Wife". Is this not "Adultery"?
 obediantbabe
Msg: 45
Posted: 12/11/2008 3:21:28 PM

There are SO many contradictions in the Bible that I could write about them every day, for years to come, however, I will not. The topic at hand is "Divorce". Yes, many religions take a very poor view on divorce. However, several religions have the view that it is written that "Man" should have more than ONE "Wife". Is this not "Adultery"?

The fact of so many contradictions shows there are many authors with different veiwpoints and agendas. As you point out much of the Bible detroys many Christian religions precepts and practices. And that's the key, studying it and realizing there are translation errors ocassionally, and evidently a little editing.

As far a polygamy equaling adultery, think about it, with so much war in the Middle-East for centurys they had many widows and what does one do with the surplus women? I mean husbands/warriors die and who supports the females after battles? The thing is with so many loser males caught in Drugs, Alcohol, and and totally NOT aware of the traps some women esnare him into, paying alimony and child support, polygamy will eventually return as the norm:espeacially after the WWIII in the Middle-East that has been kindled!

All us choose a path to run our life, and when you meet someone non-religious it becomes like the Sun-Kist commercial years ago, "If it doesn't say Sun-Kist you don't know what's inside!" I've talked to many non-beleivers who lived in South American countries that were heavily Catholic. They said despite their non-beleif one knew where most people were coming from in those environments.

Nevada was the first state to allow divorce other than Adultery; prior states had laws stimulated from Biblical laws due to the USA used to have more moral fiber than presently!
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 46
Posted: 12/12/2008 10:54:49 AM

As far a polygamy equaling adultery, think about it, with so much war in the Middle-East for centurys they had many widows and what does one do with the surplus women?

You have a good point on this one. hahaha SOOOO true.

The fact of so many contradictions shows there are many authors with different veiwpoints and agendas. As you point out much of the Bible detroys many Christian religions precepts and practices. And that's the key, studying it and realizing there are translation errors ocassionally, and evidently a little editing.

The Bible was written, rewritten and translated into so many different meanings and languages, that there are bound to be contradictions and "a little editing", for sure.

I was discussing the Bible with my bf last night ...he and I realized something, quite disturbing, in the writings. Think about this for a moment......Adam and Eve were the only people on Earth, they had two sons...Kane and Abel....Kane killed Abel and took a "wife"....now the part that is very confusing. There was only ONE woman, Eve....the things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm. It is clearly written, in the Bible, that Kane and Eve committed incest....now that is FAR worse than getting a divorce, if you ask me......lol
 obediantbabe
Msg: 47
Posted: 12/14/2008 6:00:47 PM
Point is for Christians, Moslems, and Jewish beleivers Divorce was and in some cases is punished by the death penalty as in this scripture:

Leviticus 20:10
If a man commits adultery with another man's wife—with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death.

Because the children of Hagar and Esau are the descendants of Abraham as well: simular sanctions and punshments existed in the Islam society despite Saddam illegitimatizing of the Moslem code with his new gal.

I was discussing the Bible with my bf last night ...he and I realized something, quite disturbing, in the writings. Think about this for a moment......Adam and Eve were the only people on Earth, they had two sons...Kane and Abel....Kane killed Abel and took a "wife"....now the part that is very confusing.

You might study the Epic of Gilgamesh, also in the Middle-East, that includes and expounds upon Adam and Eve and the Flood as well as the book of Jasher found on the internet though edited out of the Jewish cannon: simular storys yet more data.

You might put the peices together, all cultures had the myths and storys but few have the complete picture.

And does science, honestly have ALL THE ANSWERS?

CONJECTURE mnany times dont't you think? One has to read between the lines and connect the dots!
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 48
Posted: 12/19/2008 2:56:49 AM

And does science, honestly have ALL THE ANSWERS?

CONJECTURE mnany times dont't you think? One has to read between the lines and connect the dots![

It is true that science does not have all the answers, however, if one actually watches The Da Vinci Code (the documentary, not the movie), you will see that science does have a lot of the answers. There is scientific proof that Mary Magdalen was, in fact, the wife of Jesus, and she was with child...the child of Christ. As for the crucifiction of Christ, he was not the only on who was crucified on a "cross" back in those days, it was common practice.

Also, as for the "Virgin Mary"...If she truly was a virgin, she could still have become pregnant without actual intercourse...all it takes if for a man to ejaculate close to the vagina and his "little swimmers" can swim "up-stream" and empregnate a woman. There is scientific proof of this fact.

And, once more I state....Adam and Eve had two sons, Cane and Abel, Cane killed Abel and then took a wife, but there was only ONE woman on Earth, at that time, Eve, his mother. So, in stating this.....Are we not ALL decendants of Adam and Eve? According to the Bible, we have been commiting incest for generations, and, in my view, incest is FAR worse than getting a divorce.

I, personally, think that the facts of science are much more accurate than what the Bible would have us believe.
 leah57
Msg: 49
view profile
History
 obediantbabe
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/5/2009 2:59:34 PM
Would an employer hire someone who quit way too many jobs if he hasd a lot to invest in training the employee?

And who wants a man or woman that appears as divorce prone?

I mean Liz Taylor may be attractive and wealthy but doesn't it appear she was 'trading up', getting a better position rather than being true to the principle of a promise at the altar?
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/12/2009 2:45:00 PM
From post # 64:

Then you deny what David was told by God's Prophet Nathan about David's wives (I think the number was eight) that Nathan said God gave David!

NOWHERE in the Old Testament defends your claim. And only one scripture denounces polygamy in the New Testament; and that pertains only to Bishops.

The Bible is 66 books by various authors; surely one knows not all witnesses agree in a courtroom but does that mean there should not be a trial?

In Leviticus(Hebrew/Jewish Laws), adultery was punishable by death. King David like Bill Clinton adultery had power and if not a King would he had been given death for what he did with Bathsheba and what he did to her Husband Uriah?

Any fool can misquote the Bible or take scriptures out of context. Or haven't you noticed how many Heresys called various Churches exist in America according to contradiction in Scriptures?

One has to study the Bible AGAIN and AGAIN and realize how little they know!

And if a Christian is wondering about the DIVORCE issue, they can go to www.biblegateway.com, type in DIVORCE, in the search box. And find out what is said in the Bible, and then exhaust other keywords on the issue like ADULTERY and FORNICATION. But they might not like what they will find!
 obediantbabe
Msg: 54
Posted: 1/13/2009 2:15:13 PM
From post # 66, another lazy thinker:

Who says what about divorce and adultery in whichever book is pretty much irrelevent. The subject of this thread has as much to do with "Leviticus" as it does with "The Hobbit". Bilbo Baggins and King David have absolutely nothing to do with why people don't stay married in 2009.

If one had a freindship with an Amish person they would generally know what they were getting as a freind.

The soilders and bussinessmen dealing with the Islamic people generally know who they are by their religious codes and extremism.

But when dealing with folks who are non-religious or other religion, one has NO IDEA who they really are but lost sheep who don't know the Master could be a clue!

If you were back East or down South a hundred years ago you'd find it was a shame to be divorced and one would be labeled an outcast by many because of Church influences.

But in today's mixed up world you do not know weho people are or why.

IE. Try committing adultery and get a divorce if you were Amish and find out how quick Banishment takes it's toll!

The point is WHY are people divorced? Is it they are ignorant of Scriptures if they are Christians? Or are they just tooooooo much into Anarchy and Individualism to follow any rules?
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 56
Posted: 1/15/2009 7:39:10 PM
Looking at the last comment TOTALLY explains why so many are single!

I mean everyone wants a spouse who they DO NOT know where they are coming from!
 kissmekindsir
Msg: 58
Posted: 2/3/2009 10:42:20 PM
The Big Deal is simple.

In the colonial America Nathaniel Hawthorne wrote a book called 'The Scarlet Letter'. That book showed the morality of the times of what was seen as Adultery by that religious sect regardless of the love between the cleryman and the beautiful woman he loved who was in a marriage with little love.

As all the American colonies were religious mono-theocratic monarchys to a large degree with the exception of Georgia, the penal colony; of which even all there had either heard the word preached from the Gospel in the 66 cannized books or had read it.

The point is in early America Adultery and Divorce were serious crimes. Now with a 70% divorce rate in the corrupt USA marriage seems to mean very little.

For Christians who have engaged in either disgrace is it saying they beleive in 'serial monogamy', one spouse until you get on each other's case, then SPLIT? Or has marriage according to the Biblical teaching become just a covert form of prostitution as the courts and corrupt attorneys continue the present madness?
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/9/2009 2:14:02 AM

i think 95% of all marriages could be fixxed if people would just learn to talk to each other. we are all so worried about how well we will perform in bed, if our genitals are the right size, if our hooters are big enough, if we are pretty or handsome enough etc.
that we dont pay attention to the only really important factor. are we able to communicate functionally and express our feelings

I completely agree with you on this one. Too many people are more concerned with how they look, how they "perform" etc. Not many people are very concerned about what comes after the initial "lust-factor" fades. In fact, many seem to think that if that "lust-factor" fades, they are no longer in love with each other...oh, how wrong they are. To truly love and respect one another, as husband and wife, we must learn to communicate with one another, take our relationships beyond the "chemical attraction" and seek something much more fulfilling and lasting.
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/9/2009 8:34:57 PM

I think the best way to reduce divorce rates would be to have people sit in on a few sessions in a Family Law courtroom before they book the hall and get the marriage licence.

Now, that is a good way to make LESS marriages happen, not have more marriages stay together....oh, it would reduce the divorce rate, for sure.....because NO one would want to get married after sitting in on a few sessions in a Family Law courtroom. Watching childish battles over money/inanimate objects/he said/she said....it's just childish, imho.

And I'm sure you actually meant communicate with each other. Talking doesn't do any good if nobody is listening.

Why do people always insist on arguing semantics...I'm sure you know exactly what was meant by "talk to each other".....I knew what was meant by it. "Communication" is KEY to ANY relationship, not just in marriage.
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:58:50 PM
^^^^ You are quite right, there are many people who do not understand the difference between talking to someone and talking with someone. The difference is communication, understanding one another's point of view. When someone is unwilling to understand you, as a human being, then they do not truly care about you, or your feelings....which means, in my opinion, that they do not love you. And that is what causes several divorces, I'm sure. Simple communication and understanding can lower the divorce rates....
 HorsinAround60
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:49:25 AM
Im divorced because I was a shitty husband and a lousy father. I married my girlfriend because she was pregnant. We were both teenagers still. I thought I was in love with her, but it was just sex. She was boring otherwise. And to this day... that woman would still be married to me because she is just that kind of a great person. Her new husband has his shit together and is crazy for her, and our 2 children.
Sometimes it takes a divorce to become wiser and more goal oriented.
By the way... I never remarried since 1991. Makes me wonder if I would be married today if not for that 13 year test drive.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  >