Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 61
Whats the deal? Half the people's profiles I look at say divorced or seperated??Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

I think the best way to reduce divorce rates would be to have people sit in on a few sessions in a Family Law courtroom before they book the hall and get the marriage licence.

Now, that is a good way to make LESS marriages happen, not have more marriages stay together....oh, it would reduce the divorce rate, for sure.....because NO one would want to get married after sitting in on a few sessions in a Family Law courtroom. Watching childish battles over money/inanimate objects/he said/she said....it's just childish, imho.

And I'm sure you actually meant communicate with each other. Talking doesn't do any good if nobody is listening.

Why do people always insist on arguing semantics...I'm sure you know exactly what was meant by "talk to each other".....I knew what was meant by it. "Communication" is KEY to ANY relationship, not just in marriage.
 Mr. Blblblbl
Msg: 62
Whats the deal? Half the people's profiles I look at say divorced or seperated??
Posted: 2/10/2009 4:41:49 AM

Why do people always insist on arguing semantics...I'm sure you know exactly what was meant by "talk to each other".....I knew what was meant by it. "Communication" is KEY to ANY relationship, not just in marriage.

I wasn't arguing semantics, simply pointing it out because, as was evidenced by my example, my ex thought talking was all it took. I'm sure she's not the only person in the entire world who doesn't understand the difference between talking with someone and talking to them. So just because I knew what he meant (which I believe is what I indicated, no?), doesn't mean everybody does.
 Tazz_Rebel
Msg: 63
Whats the deal? Half the people's profiles I look at say divorced or seperated??
Posted: 2/10/2009 8:58:50 PM
^^^^ You are quite right, there are many people who do not understand the difference between talking to someone and talking with someone. The difference is communication, understanding one another's point of view. When someone is unwilling to understand you, as a human being, then they do not truly care about you, or your feelings....which means, in my opinion, that they do not love you. And that is what causes several divorces, I'm sure. Simple communication and understanding can lower the divorce rates....
 HorsinAround60
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/20/2009 6:49:25 AM
Im divorced because I was a shitty husband and a lousy father. I married my girlfriend because she was pregnant. We were both teenagers still. I thought I was in love with her, but it was just sex. She was boring otherwise. And to this day... that woman would still be married to me because she is just that kind of a great person. Her new husband has his shit together and is crazy for her, and our 2 children.
Sometimes it takes a divorce to become wiser and more goal oriented.
By the way... I never remarried since 1991. Makes me wonder if I would be married today if not for that 13 year test drive.
Show ALL Forums  > Saskatchewan  >