Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 winterflowers66
Msg: 170
When is it too old to still want children?Page 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
What?? If someone can jog 10 or 20 miles a day, why the hell could they not keep up with a child? Good lord!
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 171
When is it too old to still want children?
Posted: 1/22/2011 11:44:17 AM
I think you are too old to have children when you are dead.
 Maestro48239
Msg: 172
Posted: 1/27/2011 12:16:49 PM
Amen to that! I'm 43, 44 in April, and I still havent given up hope. I'm in good shape and look and act young for my age. my grandfather was 42 and grandmother, 40 when they had my dad. I just hope I can do as good a job as they did.

but under no circumstances am I going to go knock up some bimbo, just to be a dad. although, the last few women I dated are sorta bimbo-like.

IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2011 6:51:14 AM
"I think you are too old to have children when you are dead."
Add to that, due to technology, when you are dead, and no one has any of your frozen sperm or clone-worthy cells left.
Though I wouldn't RECOMMEND people try to make new children at some advanced ages, I've seen enough examples that DID work out fine, that I wouldn't ever support the rest of us stepping in as a society to put limits on it.
 sweetlikesugarcane
Msg: 174
Posted: 2/8/2011 7:19:32 PM
My colleague has a neighbor who has two children ages 8 and 4. She is 56. Her husband is the same age and they were married for years before they decided that they wanted to become parents. The second child was a "surprise".

I am a pediatrician and can say that the majority of older parents are much better parents. Older women (40s) are IN GENERAL better mothers than younger women (20s/30s). Even if they are having their first child. Think about the 22 and 24 year olds that you know. How many of them make you think "father material" "great mom potential". What I don't understand is why the 40somethings are so much better than the 30somethings.

Anyway, this is just an observation. I have met great teen moms, actually.

But, to answer the question, as long as you can physically have children it is not too late. I know tons of female docs who are having first kids in late 30s and having second and third kids in early or mid 40s. Healthy pregnancies and healthy babies.

Happy baby making!
 carpenterdad
Msg: 175
Posted: 2/9/2011 12:28:16 AM
Never to old.

Im 40 as of aug this year . My youngest is 4 oldest is 7 . Id have 10 more if i felt i could give them the time each one deserves.

If you want kids be honest about it . You may be surprised at how may women your age are in the same boat. It doesnt mean at our age you need to be the "perfect couple" just be honest that children/family is what you want, show a potential partner that you actually do want kids IE: are you prepared ? read any book about parenthood ? can you provide for children ? these are unisex questions arent they ? at my age i would not even consider a woman that has no real job and is still spending most of thier time at bars and out on the town. Create the start of a nest and watch the birds flock.

To the folks that have never had children and are happy without them, go find another thread to post in. Your anti parenthood, im happy dying alone crap makes me laugh. when we are on our death beds in the hospital just remeber to keep the curtain closed so my grandchildren and kids dont piss you off with all the love and support they are there to shower me with.

Chad.
 inthroughtheoutdoor
Msg: 176
Posted: 2/9/2011 10:21:23 AM
when we are on our death beds in the hospital just remeber to keep the curtain closed so my grandchildren and kids dont piss you off with all the love and support they are there to shower me with.

What a cruel thing to say. For the record, every one of us will die alone - children or no children, it's a one way, one person voyage.

Also, many parents outlive their children, some of them in these very forums...others, like myself, have a child with serious mental/emotional/physical problems for whom it will be impossible to "shower us with love and support" when our time comes...think before you post man!

To the folks that have never had children and are happy without them, go find another thread to post in.

You don't decide who gets to post in what thread...everyone is welcomed to post anywhere they want to, even those who have no children, whether by choice or by fate. My youngest daughter doesn't want kids, for a multitude of reasons, and that anyone would wish her/others like her ill wishes on her deathbed boggles the mind.

carpenterdad
Msg: 177
Posted: 2/9/2011 10:57:28 AM
My post is a direct reply to the op's question.

I would and do help folks in your situation and and feel for you .

My grandfather did not die alone. i was there holding his hand. so was my mom my dad and about 40 other people. Same for his wife, my grandmother.

the "go post in another thread" line is accurate , just an blunt way to say it .

how does it address the original question ? other than saying it was to late to consider having kids the instant you were concived ?

I regret coming in these forums and wont come back . rife with bitterness and negativty
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 178
Posted: 2/11/2011 3:03:41 PM

To the folks that have never had children and are happy without them, go find another thread to post in. Your anti parenthood, im happy dying alone crap makes me laugh. when we are on our death beds in the hospital just remeber to keep the curtain closed so my grandchildren and kids dont piss you off with all the love and support they are there to shower me with

Haha i love it!

I get that not everybody can handle kids emotionally and financially, or wants to be bothered with them, but they do seem pretty nasty towards parenthood.
And they likely will keep that curtain closed as not to be offended.
 bcsofnc57
Msg: 179
Posted: 2/12/2011 6:42:54 PM
It's funny how many people can likely think back to a grandparent who had their last "change of life baby" in their 40's.

My aunt remarried when she was 54 and her husband was 60, thought she couldn't get pregnant anymore, but she was wrong. At the age of 55 she gave birth to a daughter. Today that daughter is a perfectly normal young woman of 23.

I really wish I had listened to people along the way, that knew better than me such as parents, professors and just other older people that I knew when I was a teenager and young adult. I managed with my children when they were growing up, but doing it the wrong way made it a lot harder than it needed to be.

I have read all of the arguments but it takes at least 30 years to be ready to have children, when you think of getting an education, getting established in your work, and starting your family(marriage), and establishing that family as solid.

So I am not really sure how old is too old to have children, but I don't think anyone is really ready until they are at least 30.
 SweetnessInFlorida
Msg: 180
Posted: 2/13/2011 11:19:43 AM
I had my last child at 25, i am GLAD i did not wait until 30 to start having kids.
Those kids of mine made my 20's FUN!

And everything they ever needed and wanted was provided, some people in their 20's are more than able to care for children, i was.
And now being in my 30's, not as day goes by i am not thankful for those 2 blessings.
 tanzkity11
Msg: 181
Posted: 2/23/2011 7:50:06 PM
I am totally adamant about having another kid by 40......Why not if you are capable I think you should do it.....I know through my three kids I am now going to really enjoy all the things I took for granted when I was younger with small children....
 ChiliPequin
Msg: 182
Posted: 7/11/2011 10:04:18 PM

lets say that you are 40 and have a child, do you realize that you will still be raising a family when you are a senior citizen on social security and maybe a pension or using up your retirement funds...

I can tell you about this because I witness it regularly. My ex remarried two years ago to a woman my age. For whatever reason, she was also previously married but never had kids. When my ex and I had our son, he was 41 and I was 31. I'm now 42, as is the new wife. He is 52. So, my ex is the father to an almost-12 year old and an 8 month old baby. And the wife is already talking about trying to have another one!

Men in my ex's family are not especially long-lived. His father passed away in his early 60s. Given that my ex does not take care of himself, the likelihood of him living long enough to see his daughter even graduate high school is not good. I'm all for people doing what they want to do, but this decision strikes me as very selfish. It isn't as if the baby was accidental; the new wife had medical help. Not to mention, I wouldn't want to be in the position to raise a teenager and a kid going through the Terrible Twos....and possibly a newborn, in the same house. That does not bode happily or well for anyone concerned.
 valenciacityx
Msg: 183
Posted: 7/12/2011 6:10:53 PM
18, but only because I couldnt get the operation any earlier
 hoth1972
Msg: 184
Posted: 7/13/2011 9:14:36 PM
not really. ive always thought an older woman is taking a risk with herself. at 39 without kids...my desire to have them is diminishing. so is my desire to be arounf=d a woman with kids. is that selfish? that becuse a woman had kids....and her marriage didnt work out,a new man should find this just okee dokee? younger women are ok,if you have the bank roll. when my parents were married and had me dad was 38 and mom was 23. its on my b certificate. creepy? i dunno....theyve been married 39 years and if it werent for them ignoring the age difference i wouldnt be here. all my friends have been divorced and i have never married. women with or without kids? it creeps me out when i think of how many men she may have slept with before me? so,if i hold out for what i want makes me selfish,so be it. if a woman holds out for what she wants shes smart. mybe the better question is when is it no longer practical? and why must i love heeer kids? they could be brats that should go live with their daddy.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  >