Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SuperFunGuy
Msg: 114
are there still cd buyers out therePage 8 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Depends on the cd. Mostly I will have music on my ipod that I have burnt onto disc or loaded to my ipod. If its a box set, better to buy. I like the boollets that come with most cd's.
 Metal_Mayhem
Msg: 117
are there still cd buyers out there
Posted: 3/23/2009 10:11:17 AM
I usually only buy cd's if it's of one of my all-time favorite bands. Example...when Metallica's Death Magnetic came out, I bought it! Anything else unless I usually download.
 trivv
Msg: 122
Posted: 3/27/2009 5:03:52 AM
I still buy the odd CD from the used hand me down CD stores, I don’t really like paying full price for CD but if I really like the band, I'll support them and buy their CD.

I miss Cassette tapes; those could take a good bit of abuse and still work. I find CD are too sensitive and don’t play well after a few dings and scratches
 yooperbrat03
Msg: 125
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2009 2:55:59 PM
Honestly, in the last five years I think I've bought maybe three or four CD's. Granted in the next few months I'm waitin for one artist to release his second CD which I will without a DOUBT be buyin a couple of...lol... (GO Chris Young!!!)

Like someone said I do miss the cover art from the old vinyls. Some of those were pretty wild and artistic....
 music_fan
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 4/27/2009 1:25:28 AM
I'm a big CD buyer, I still buy CD's. Have a music collection with almost 200+ CD's.

Most of my CD's are bought used from a store called Young Ones in Kutztown, PA and I also buy used online from Amazon.com.

I was in New Jersey with family on Saturday and we went to some yard sales, I got an alannah miles CD for about $2 and a Paula Abdul CD for $1.
 Brutus-HFX
Msg: 135
Posted: 5/26/2009 3:06:07 PM
What about vinyl? Anyone here rummage through a stingy old shop every weekend looking for a hidden treasure? Or ya know.... browsing ebay for hours to find rare original pressings of things.... or spending half your pay cheque on a dying media format?.... anyone ....
 RaiinQuintessa
Msg: 136
Posted: 5/26/2009 7:45:34 PM
So orginally I just downloaded everything and just recently I started buying Cd's again and also getting my friends to buy em again. Since with CD's you get other extra little things that you don't get with downloading. Plus u get an awsome CDcase and pictures of the artist
 50bmg
Msg: 137
Posted: 5/29/2009 4:29:53 PM
yeah cd sales have been in the tank for many bands, but my band Ammo Blast and a couple others have been doing great with itunes and amazon mp3. you get that world wide sale at a great cost.

yes ammo blast is on myspace.
 MissaInVA
Msg: 138
Posted: 5/30/2009 2:33:46 PM
I had to buy AC/DC's most recent CD beause they refuse to licnce to Itunes/Amazon/Napster/etc. So, I ripped it, and put the disk away.....
 holeinthewall
Msg: 143
Posted: 6/7/2009 12:36:29 AM
im an on and off drummer so i guess you could call me a musician, i would never download music because i think its taking away from the long hours that the artist put in, time away from his family and friends so he could make music for us to enjoy our day more; plus the album info comes in handy when i wanna learn more about them too
 tinguy66
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 7/1/2009 4:02:36 PM
i prefer to buy cds to kind of see what the band/artist created.
i wold only download music free is to listen to bands to see what i like then buy them later.

i did my first buy on itunes last week from the thick of it
 astock
Msg: 146
Posted: 7/1/2009 7:59:21 PM
do blank cd's count? i usually only buy them when i need a hard to find song for a wedding reception. other than that i have enough DJ friends that i can get absolutely anything i want
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  >