Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 2
Smoking TeachersPage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
And here I thought we were talking about hot teachers ............

OT

Don't get the paper but I absolutely agree with the logic. If the kids can't smoke on the property - neither can the teachers. Govt buildings, we low-life staff can't smoke on the govt property - neither can management .....

PP

redsss
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 1/10/2007 5:10:34 PM
A Purrrect Pisces

I work for the Federal Government and we ARE allowed to smoke on the property. There is no smoking allowed in the building though. You must step right outside the door.
 amber187
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 1/11/2007 4:55:17 AM
See my place where I'm living its a smoking place but if there's non smokers that come over I just go to my room which is on the far opposite side of my living room and smoke there to respect the non smokers its much better then smoking in the same room as them if it bothers them.
 A Purrrfect Pisces
Msg: 10
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 1/11/2007 8:19:58 AM
A Purrrect Pisces

I work for the Federal Government and we ARE allowed to smoke on the property. There is no smoking allowed in the building though. You must step right outside the door.

As do I - but, Provincial Govt - and the smokers need to go across the street to smoke ...... ???

PP
 huixin
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 6/4/2008 11:22:16 PM
one of my teachers always smokes in the office It sucks
 edjoecdn
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 6/5/2008 7:16:06 AM
First off I am a smoker and my soap box is broken so i'll have to relay this from ground level.

I was not a fan of the far ranging smoking ban at bars..... until recently. I went to grand forks U.S. and they allow smoking in the bars. I walked into one and dam it smelled like a mixture of arm pit, ash tray and stale air....

That made me realize how beneficial it is up here. But how far do we extend public respect at the cost of private liberties ? Smoking in cars with kids will soon be "outlawed"... now I see the argument for disallowing teachers to smoke where there may be a "monkey see - monkey -do " thing going on ....

But won't the kids see them on the sidewalk , off school property ? How is that better ? Can the gov ? or better any employer force a personal lifestyle change ? How far will that go ?

I know we're talking smoking.... smoker / non smoker ... But what would happen if other unhealthy lifestyle examples were thrown into the mix..????
Let's say eating habits / body style .... sexual orientation ? religious beliefs ?

Where is this fuzzy line ?
Is it solid and firm in one area yet flexible and variable in others ?
Where should the government stop ?
 Zamrod
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 6/5/2008 9:33:54 AM

My way of thinking is similar to your's edjoecdn. Someone's smoking habit is no different than an eating habit, religious belief or lifestyle. Once we allow someone else to dictate what should be our choice....Well what did people go to war for in the first place?

I think the main difference is that bad eating habits MIGHT influence other people if they decide to start eating the same way you do. However, smoking does influence other people in that being nearby it causes health risks.

That's the key in most of these smoking debates. Whether I agree with all the decisions or not, they are all based on the idea that in the same way we wouldn't let people wander the streets poisoning the drinks of everyone they passed, we don't want people smoking in enclosed public spaces.

It is just NOT the same at all as religious belief or lifestyle. They generally don't harm other people. And when they do, THEY become against the law as well.
 geekybroad
Msg: 28
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 6/8/2008 8:29:04 PM
I just came in here to look for Van Halen lyrics.
 susan_cd
Msg: 29
Smoking Teachers
Posted: 6/10/2008 7:31:41 AM
Smoking teachers hmmmm.....

Never tried that yet, I'd think it would be too time-consuming. Boiling is so much easier.
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  >