Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do I tell my date his breath is awful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 lorie1
Msg: 76
How do I tell my date his breath is awful?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
Lord,this is an awful one to tackle.I met a guy who was really nice.His teeth were yellow,and his breath was really bad.I couldn't handle what to do.Eventually I decided he wasnt the right guy for even a second date,it wasnt about his breath,yet for some reason,the differences in our life's goals was easier for me to handle in my own mind as to why I wouldn't see him anymore than how,if I liked him,I would have to tell him his breath would slay a horse.
Sigh.....
 cedar77
Msg: 77
view profile
History
How do I tell my date his breath is awful?
Posted: 1/29/2007 8:10:36 PM
OP....
I think if a guy has bad breath and you're still actually interested.....maybe that's the so called mr. right?
 lorie1
Msg: 78
Posted: 1/29/2007 9:37:46 PM
Hey cedar-how'd you know this?
Smarty pants...Yah,I did wonder about that!
 lorie1
Msg: 79
Posted: 1/29/2007 9:42:48 PM
Actually,I don't feel very mature about how I would handle this one.
My ex had bad breath.I didn't notice it until about 6 years before the "end" came.Maybe its when you notice some kind of thing undesirable about a mate or potential mate,it's telling you something else,more powerful than bad breath....
 Jaylax11
Msg: 80
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:03:50 PM
Here is a website that enables you to send anonymous emails so you can tell someone they have really bad breath or B.O. or whatever. Just pretend you're a co-worker sending the letter; that way he'll be mad at someone he works with and not you.

http://www.thepayback.com/joke-breath.html

Enjoy!

Gotmail?
Msg: 81
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:16:18 PM
Ok...............here goes.

If you LIKE him enough to kiss him, tell him if he wants to kiss you, you want him to taste really good...........and that you noticed his breath was not great and you don't want that getting in the way.

Was that mean?

Ok, how about..........I hate to say this, but did you eat onions today? No, wow, I swore you did bc my sister said the same thing to me yesterday after I ate that burger with onions!

???????????????? Bad breath = no lip contact! Dude!
 Ruby 2 Shoes
Msg: 82
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:26:11 PM
oh wow! I laughed so hard at this thread........loved the one about his breath smelling like a possum's ass..........however that smells??? hahahahahahahaha

I would and could never date a smelly person anywhere anytime. Heck I look for a full mouth of healthy teeth and they gotta be clean too. I would love to even ask for a pic of their teeth if I dared!! I actually know girls who do ask for that picture. heheheheh
 cedar77
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/29/2007 10:50:33 PM

Hey cedar-how'd you know this?
Smarty pants...Yah,I did wonder about that!

..as you should!...from what I hear not many mr. right's come along ...in fact I think I hear that too much !
 lorie1
Msg: 84
Posted: 1/31/2007 8:48:08 PM
Heck,cedar77... How would you like me respond to this one!Its awful to meet a nice person,and when you cant think of kissing him goodnight,and you want to,but just cant even think of getting close enough to to it?
It hard to think of a future,when the present is kind of stinky....some things one can't ignore...!I wish I could have.Personal hygiene is a day to day thing...if someone cant brush his teeth before meeting you,for a coffee even...well...How much do you need to go on?I know its a bit superficial,but,well,kissing is a big part of potentially falling in love...
 Champuli Nam Pakanli
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/11/2007 8:20:20 PM
this has got to be the funniest thread I've read in a while...I've laughed at almost every entry!!

Just tell him - things will be so much better then!
 The Ram
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:38:36 PM
i have mentioned this to an ex in the past, and she got very upset, and said,
" you dont know what youre talking about...you just dont want to kiss me..." !!!! !!!
 CatPatience
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:47:01 PM
"I don't know if you know, but...."
I have had halitosis and did not know and certainly appreciated knowing. If you don't know it's broke you can't fix it.
Then too, his reaction could speak volumes.
 PHK
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:55:30 PM
order the guacamole
it's suppose to be the best bad breath killer on the menu
 Truucha
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:58:33 PM
order the guacamole
it's suppose to be the best bad breath killer on the menu

No shit!......lol will have to try that one.
On another note, I was at the bar two weeks ago hanging out for happy hour after work. Talking to a really really gorgeous women, but her breath smelled so bad, there was no way in hell I could fathom the thought of asking her for her number. What a deal breaker!
Like they say you only get one first impression!
 rsx11s
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/12/2007 12:10:21 AM
Screw tact go for comic relief: "Your breath could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon. Here, have a tic tac and kiss me you fool".

He'll do what he's told.
 katica_kat
Msg: 91
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:50:03 AM
omg this thread is hilarious...I just about rolled off the bed I was laughing so damn hard...brought me to tears...

Yeh....just get straight to the point and tell the guy with the ass breath...

Something blunt and along the lines of:

"Quit talking...your killing me here... mint perhaps ?"

Or...

"seriously dude...you got some lethal vapour coming out of that mouth of yours...please take the gum...no make that 2...you'll need it to kill whatevers crawled in and died there !!"

Or...

"F**k your breath stinks...take the gum before I start dry reaching..."

On a serious note...I don't care if my date chewed two packs of gum to kill the breath...I aint kissing til he's brushed his teeth and gums red raw...gum just masks the odour...you need toothpaste and a brush to clean away the stench and the bacteria that is causing the stench...my lips and tongue aint touching no ASS BREATH MOUTH !!!
 JDMETRO
Msg: 92
Posted: 6/12/2007 7:23:59 AM
"How do I tell my date his breath is awful?"

Wear a surgical mask on the next date - HA!

Joe
 muneca~brava
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:04:36 PM

Next time he yawns, squirt some binaca into his mouth.

BENSONBOB
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:13:23 PM
FRIST OFF: Be kind. It never hurts anyone.

Second, if you do like the person, then begin by telling them you really like them. And next, don't use the word "but" in your sentence for it negates everything prior to it.

Perhaps the person has dental problems and cannot afford the outragious high priced dental care needed. Remember that fact. Not everyone can afford such prices.

Third, tell the person politely that you would like to offer them something to help their breath and let them know it would improve the friendship as well.

If you are kind in your presentation, then I would venture to bet money the person will not be offended and will accept your kindness. Especially if the person likes you as well.

I hope this helps.

Have a good day.
 liso entintade
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:20:02 PM
OMG.....this is the funniest thread I have read yet, I am crying and my stomach hurts!
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 96
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:36:02 PM
I pull out my ever present Listerine strips (with diabetes, I go into ketosis often and my breath gets bad) and say, happily, "Let me pop one of these in so I don't hurt anybody with my breath. Ever tried these? Try one."
 muneca~brava
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:39:42 PM
OMG.....this is the funniest thread I have read yet, I am crying and my stomach hurts!

ditto

oh, and check out the 'why dont women wear hose anymore' thread if you wanna laugh even harder
 justcueit
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:53:14 PM
I'd have given anything to have one of my dates have bad breath!! Noooooooooooooo..... I get the guy with ONE TOOTH!!! One HUGE ROTTEN tooth!!!
Moral of the story: Yeah bad breath stinks (pun intended) but things could be worse!!!
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:08:04 PM
You can always ask if they smell something like a broken sewer line or rotten meat ... sniff around and raise your eyebrow when you get near their face.... thats a good hint they need some mouthwash and floss
 classijannii
Msg: 100
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:26:25 PM
I also had this problem once with a guy I really liked and I finally told him in a very nice way that I thought he might need to go to a dentist because his breath was getting bad. He went to the dentist and found he had 2 absesses that needed work.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do I tell my date his breath is awful?