Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do I tell my date his breath is awful?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 PHK
Msg: 76
How do I tell my date his breath is awful?Page 4 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)
order the guacamole
it's suppose to be the best bad breath killer on the menu
 Truucha
Msg: 77
How do I tell my date his breath is awful?
Posted: 6/11/2007 11:58:33 PM
order the guacamole
it's suppose to be the best bad breath killer on the menu

No shit!......lol will have to try that one.
On another note, I was at the bar two weeks ago hanging out for happy hour after work. Talking to a really really gorgeous women, but her breath smelled so bad, there was no way in hell I could fathom the thought of asking her for her number. What a deal breaker!
Like they say you only get one first impression!
 rsx11s
Msg: 78
Posted: 6/12/2007 12:10:21 AM
Screw tact go for comic relief: "Your breath could knock a buzzard off a shitwagon. Here, have a tic tac and kiss me you fool".

He'll do what he's told.
 katica_kat
Msg: 79
Posted: 6/12/2007 5:50:03 AM
omg this thread is hilarious...I just about rolled off the bed I was laughing so damn hard...brought me to tears...

Yeh....just get straight to the point and tell the guy with the ass breath...

Something blunt and along the lines of:

"Quit talking...your killing me here... mint perhaps ?"

Or...

"seriously dude...you got some lethal vapour coming out of that mouth of yours...please take the gum...no make that 2...you'll need it to kill whatevers crawled in and died there !!"

Or...

"F**k your breath stinks...take the gum before I start dry reaching..."

On a serious note...I don't care if my date chewed two packs of gum to kill the breath...I aint kissing til he's brushed his teeth and gums red raw...gum just masks the odour...you need toothpaste and a brush to clean away the stench and the bacteria that is causing the stench...my lips and tongue aint touching no ASS BREATH MOUTH !!!
 JDMETRO
Msg: 80
Posted: 6/12/2007 7:23:59 AM
"How do I tell my date his breath is awful?"

Wear a surgical mask on the next date - HA!

Joe
 muneca~brava
Msg: 81
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:04:36 PM

Next time he yawns, squirt some binaca into his mouth.

BENSONBOB
Msg: 82
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:13:23 PM
FRIST OFF: Be kind. It never hurts anyone.

Second, if you do like the person, then begin by telling them you really like them. And next, don't use the word "but" in your sentence for it negates everything prior to it.

Perhaps the person has dental problems and cannot afford the outragious high priced dental care needed. Remember that fact. Not everyone can afford such prices.

Third, tell the person politely that you would like to offer them something to help their breath and let them know it would improve the friendship as well.

If you are kind in your presentation, then I would venture to bet money the person will not be offended and will accept your kindness. Especially if the person likes you as well.

I hope this helps.

Have a good day.
 EastSideEddie
Msg: 83
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:36:02 PM
I pull out my ever present Listerine strips (with diabetes, I go into ketosis often and my breath gets bad) and say, happily, "Let me pop one of these in so I don't hurt anybody with my breath. Ever tried these? Try one."
 muneca~brava
Msg: 84
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:39:42 PM
OMG.....this is the funniest thread I have read yet, I am crying and my stomach hurts!

ditto

oh, and check out the 'why dont women wear hose anymore' thread if you wanna laugh even harder
 justcueit
Msg: 85
Posted: 6/12/2007 2:53:14 PM
I'd have given anything to have one of my dates have bad breath!! Noooooooooooooo..... I get the guy with ONE TOOTH!!! One HUGE ROTTEN tooth!!!
Moral of the story: Yeah bad breath stinks (pun intended) but things could be worse!!!
 mlm_mlm_mlm
Msg: 86
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:08:04 PM
You can always ask if they smell something like a broken sewer line or rotten meat ... sniff around and raise your eyebrow when you get near their face.... thats a good hint they need some mouthwash and floss
 classijannii
Msg: 87
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:26:25 PM
I also had this problem once with a guy I really liked and I finally told him in a very nice way that I thought he might need to go to a dentist because his breath was getting bad. He went to the dentist and found he had 2 absesses that needed work.
 GaGirl4You
Msg: 88
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:39:40 PM
OMG jenlou67 that was just to damn funny!!!!
 breezydays
Msg: 89
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:45:46 PM
just meantion"if you plan on me kissing you good night so you will smile all day tomorrow your teeth better be pearly white and the only thing i smell is mountain mint and not yesterdays garlic shrimp!
but yeah much better to tell a person their breath is a bit whiffy its not like a huge problem like you found out he was married jus tell him!
imo
 blanche dubois
Msg: 90
Posted: 6/12/2007 3:55:19 PM
I heard a program about the cause of bad breath being lack of certain carbs-
made sense to me since I've always found the breath of vegetarians really bad-
I'd look into it and see if he's eating a good mix of food- and I would tell him-
don't throw a wrench into the comfort of being with someone you like over this
 His Eminence
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:27:45 PM
Bad breath could be the result of being ALL BOUND UP!

In other words CONSTIPATION!!

Delicatley Inquire, if the one with toxic rancid breath, has had a bowel movement in the past month.

If NOT,( and be thankful his mouth is the only orifice emitting the stench)... descreatley, have a druggist discuss various laxative aids he can avail for himself.

And always remember: " true love will conquer all!"
 bucsgirl
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:29:28 PM
I always have some type of breath mint in my purse. I'll just take one out, pop it in my mouth and offer them one.
 Lost Password
Msg: 93
Posted: 6/12/2007 4:31:19 PM
Damn, one huge rotten tooth, too funny. (hence the word toothbrush?) With the money he saves on floss and tooth paste, he can afford dessert for you next time. Binaca? , they still sell that stuff?, thought that died with Hai Karate aftershave. Comparing his breath to your dogs breath is insulting to your dog .The dog has an excuse, course then again maybe this dude licks himself too.
 happy_steven75
Msg: 94
Posted: 6/12/2007 8:55:19 PM
After a meal offer him gum and say, "Try this gum, I LOVE the smell from someone elses breath!"
 immagine 40
Msg: 95
Posted: 6/13/2007 9:52:43 AM
Try offering your date a breath mint next time, and leave behind a tooth brush and paste behind, with a dentist appt. Good luck
 CajunSweety30
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 6/13/2007 1:18:40 PM
hmmm I was going to suggest you buy him a pack of gum as a gift and put a bow on top of it
 a1na2
Msg: 97
Posted: 6/13/2007 1:27:04 PM
Just say " Man , I have bad breath - almost as bad as yours !!! We should get some gum or something so it doesn't get in the way of our enjoyment of eachother "
 diamonds in the sky
Msg: 98
Posted: 6/13/2007 1:57:44 PM
scinoks that is so funny lmao......
 cleocat218
Msg: 99
Posted: 6/29/2007 7:32:56 PM
This was a funny forum. I was on a date recently, and during the entire 148 minutes of the movie, I thought I would gag from his foul breath It was so bad, and I didn't have any mints or gum to give him. After the movie ended, I was going to go buy him a soda to "help" matters. Thank goodness HE had a mint. Where was it all that time? When his head started dripping sweat, I knew we would not last He was a way too sensitive person, the type who you could not say anything to.
 Ferrus Manus
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 6/29/2007 10:39:33 PM
It isn't necessarily hygiene either.

Lots of illnesses cause malodorous breath as well.

The gum route is always good, anyone who's aware of the problem will be grateful, those who don't, well.... they'll get the idea.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How do I tell my date his breath is awful?