Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ripley65
Msg: 126
How do I tell my date his breath is awful?Page 7 of 8    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8)

How do I tell my date his breath is awful?

Wellllllllllll,,,,,,,,,you could put on a real sexy look on your face and say, " Hey bigboy,,,howzabout we play a lil Dentist?'. lol Then have him lean wayyy back in his chair,,tell him to open wide so the good dentist can check is sexy mouth,,,,then *ploop!!* , drop a breath mint into his mouth and tell him what a good patient he was!

c_deacon
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 6:52:39 AM
Sans.....or.....Dudette............There is little to no beating around the bush....."so to speak"........when handing a mint to another and asking "please"........They will know in record time......

OT......There are all kinds of medical reasons for a condition like this, or it can be an oral problem dealing with the teeth or tongue. I have even known some that have bad breath, and/or a foul smell emanating from their body because of medications taken, or food eaten, and all deserve to know about it, and to find out what can be done to help it.

Just my opinion.......
 dooly
Msg: 128
Posted: 3/1/2008 10:39:02 AM
This might be hardcore but I wouldn't continue to date him, unless it was a new problem in an established relationship....
 spitfire6844
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2008 10:45:50 AM
Dooly is right. The OP already implied that the BB was evident on more than one occasion. That means it's chronic. Keeping mints available for a partner like that is not really a solution. She should break up with him and encourage him to see a dentist/periodontist.
 Vannili
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:25:17 AM
I have not experience a date with bad breath yet ,but I have talk to some people with that problem ,my body language speak loud.
 sht1212
Msg: 132
Posted: 7/17/2008 2:45:18 AM
"not to be mean, but you have bad breath. Have you ever had it checked out by a dentist or your doctor. I like you and I am concerned. I would want someone to tell me if my breath was bad! Here have some gum!"
 LineDanceTeacher
Msg: 134
Posted: 8/1/2008 6:47:18 PM
OMG!!!! that is too funny! To the point though.. thanks for the grins!
 dance84
Msg: 135
Posted: 8/31/2008 1:26:19 AM
well so you dont make it a strange situation....just simply offer him something minty like gum or a candy...tell him you bought a new kind of candy and ask him to try a piece with you.
 Handful38
Msg: 136
Posted: 8/31/2008 12:43:21 PM
You dont, just make it your last date....thx
 Hawk8414
Msg: 138
Posted: 8/31/2008 8:47:11 PM
Ain't nobody getting near me with shitty breath! Because the first thing I'll say is,"No way are you kissing me with a mouth like that on you. You need to go see a dentist because you have a serious health related problem, man." I swear, I'll do it even if it hurts their feelings. I think if a person has enough self-respect then they should know that they have bad breath. And if they don't, then somebody needs to point it out to them.Who knows? You might just save a life. I've read where breath problems could lead to indicators of heart disease and such. So, its not rude, it could actually help that person. So, be a friend, first, say something. If they catch the problem fast enough, they could be around to thank you for it later.
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 8/31/2008 9:03:26 PM
Lol just email him and tell him. Tell him to get listerine and to make a dental appointment.
 AAuroraAA
Msg: 140
Posted: 8/31/2008 10:39:40 PM
As one poster mentioned, intestinal gas, etc can back up in the system & you really are smelling poopy breath. Who wants to kiss someone who smells like they've been chewing on a Baby Ruth?.

Caries (the bacteria that causes cavities) is contagious & I don't want my mouth infected. The only 2 cavities I ever got were from a couple of long term relationships were my partner had problems with cavities.
 opnmydm
Msg: 142
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:01:15 AM
offer him a breathmint
 whothehellknows
Msg: 143
Posted: 9/1/2008 4:53:34 AM

How do you handle ANY situation such as this, when one habit or hygiene issue keeps you from getting closer? Help!

Depends on how bad we are talking here. A little funky breath on a date that in other ways is good would probably get a 2nd chance. HORRIBLE breath would probably make me end the date early and nit go out again.

Any other hygiene issues would be a deal killer up front.

If we connect enough to date more than once, I think we should be comfortable enough with each other to bring it up in a tactful manner. You can bring up these issues without being insulting. If they chose to take the well intentioned comments the wrong way, that's their problem.
 misszmsz
Msg: 144
Posted: 9/1/2008 11:35:23 AM
Tell him he needs a breath mint. Especially if you are even thinking about kissing that person. Some people are thick and don't take hints quickly. Dragon breath is nasty, yet so easy to cure.
 tigerlily1
Msg: 145
Posted: 9/9/2008 6:04:12 PM
Easy just tell him he may have a tooth decaying and doesnt know it, he wont know unless you tell him......
 BlakTieAffair
Msg: 146
Posted: 2/3/2013 5:27:51 AM
LMAO gnawing on a possums ass !!!!
 ivegotitgoingon
Msg: 147
Posted: 2/3/2013 10:14:15 AM
I have encountered this also. I also know that certain types of "bad breath" are not situational ie) I just ate jalepeno garlic dip or I just woke up kitten breath.
When it is not "situational breath" that is when it gets complicated. Often times it is due to lack of flossing. I think most would be suprised how many men and woman don't floss. It can cause DRAGON BREATH. It is out of this world.
Unfortunately unless you can tell a perfect stranger that they need to floss or worse yet have a gastrointestional thingy going on then it's better to just move on to someone who has better oral hygiene.

I find it amusing how many people lie about the fact that they floss regularily. I am not a dentist however I can tell when someone has bright red (sometimes sore swollen looking gums) that they clearly don't floss. At least it is clear to me.

I'd rather kiss my dog than make out with that. Sorry but I say ditch him.
 Archangel_07
Msg: 148
Posted: 2/4/2013 7:23:32 PM
tell it to his face and tell it like it is that he has bad breath
 Kratose
Msg: 149
Posted: 2/5/2013 10:35:34 AM
Totally agree with what Sincere said. Tell him.

I am a guy, and if my breath stunk I would want to be told. Don't do it in a mean way. You could tell him you really want to kiss him but he has that cold breath. And ask him to take care of it so you can.

But yeah def tell him.
 bamagrl68
Msg: 150
Posted: 2/5/2013 5:00:00 PM
bayoukitten- This is is a tough one, but I say go with honesty. Not blunt or cruel. Just sit him down and say I really don't want to hurt your feelings, I like you a lot, but your breath is not so great.
I have some tips too.
Bad breath can be caused by a dirty tongue, suggest he brush his tongue when he brush's his teeth.
Everyone has bacteria in their digestive tract and an imbalance can cause bad breath, Acidopholus (sp?) can help, you can purchase it anywhere you buy vitamins.
 wonz1112
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 6:18:35 PM
If somebody has bad breath for hygeine issues, Im out.

I wouldnt be rude, but that relationship would be dead before it was ever alive. Good Lord. Can you imagine being with someone with chronic bad breath or who wasnt thoughtful enough to at least freshen themselves up for a date?

Nope. No time for that!
 gentleplus
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2013 7:04:40 PM
This can also be a sign of serious abscess of the gums.... this can be terminal
 nubeginnings64
Msg: 153
Posted: 2/5/2013 8:01:12 PM
Don't think I'd continue dating someone with a hygiene issue since other areas may be neglected as well. Most are consious of what they eat before or while on a date. Those that indulge I'd half jokingly remind there'll be no smooching if they eat that. I've also offered gum or mints & if they refuse tell them they must. They usually get the message.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >