Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What is your favorite fragrance for men to wear?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Virbuis
Msg: 1
What is your favorite fragrance for men to wear?Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
How do you want your man to smell most of the time? Any particular brand of after-shave or men's perfume you like or do you just prefer a man to not bother with anything beyond deodorant?

This is just an interesting idea that came to me and I would like to learn more about it.
 junipermoon
Msg: 2
view profile
History
What is your favorite fragrance for men to wear?
Posted: 1/11/2007 12:20:56 PM
just patchouly. but it has to be the real thing. i can smell a solvent a mile away. and i hate colognes and perfumes. but, then....i love the smell of horses, too. so don't go by me.
 youandme
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/12/2007 2:12:46 PM
Id say there natural smells from there sweaters & tees!!! Cuz you can count on me putting them on for that fact alone!!!We all have different likes, personally i LOVE curve for men, but i cant keep buying it for others lol.
 Beattle
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 4:01:49 PM
I've got Eternity, Obsession and a very old bottle of Stetson which I have had since I was 16. I'm thinking I should really throw that one out. :)

I find that when I wear the Jean Paul Gaultter, it recieves more attention, so the Eternity and Obsession went on the back burner.
 Beattle
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2007 6:27:17 PM

I work in the cosmetic/fragrance business and believe me, it is time to throw that Stetson out..... LOL

Noted. Done. Thanks! Was afraid to open it anyways ;)
 smith2267
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/15/2007 9:45:33 AM
I don't even like deodorant. As long as you shower or bathe thoroughly once a day, you aren't going to smell bad.

So many men use deodorant to try to get away with not showering, that I just associate deodorant with that bad smell (it never really covers it up)
 ryguy1
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/18/2007 8:59:35 AM
I think by far all women are turned on Marc Jacobs for Men. Get it. Women will love you.
 SouthernCherry
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/28/2007 4:30:56 PM
I Like Adidas,Stetson,Axe on a guy but as long as he smells good it dont matter !
 thatguy276
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 7:24:24 PM
I used to wear Aspen pretty regularly, then it got to where it just didn't smell so great anymore. I mean it still smelled the same as it always did, but my smeller just got too used to it I guess. I've tried Axe and Tag, to me they're way strong and smell too much like a spray deodorant. Curve seems to work ok, I've gotten compliments on that, but I started using Stetson Black recently and just 2 squirts of that and I can wear the same shirt for a week, lol kidding. My dirty clothes hamper does smell better than it used to since I started using it tho But from the response Joop has gotten on this thread I may have to switch to it when my Steson Black runs out.

Tips for how much and when to apply: I've found it best to aply 1 to 2 sprays about an hour before you meet your date. Make sure you're good and showered up because it doesn't matter what kinda cologne you use nothing actually covers body oder and in my experience nothing smells worse than cologne/parfume and funk. It would actually smell better as just funk so please, for the sake of your date (and anyone NOT stuck in a remote part of the world where soap and running water is scarce) please scrub ya nuts before going out.
 Lolliejane1
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 9/30/2007 9:44:53 PM
Romance by POLO Ralph Lauren is my all time favorite. Issey Miyake is an excellent choice too. I used to date a guy that wore Wild Country deodorant and I loved it. Scent is one of the strongest senses and sometimes a man will walk by me with Romance on and it definately brings back some great memories. I love the natural smell of a man straight from the shower. Fresh and clean and all 'him'.
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2008 7:30:27 PM
lol, i have to agree with helloooo......it's either the fresh showered scent on a man or something that doesn't smell too harsh. i lean towards the soft scented colognes on a guy. sorry, i don't know of any of the names for them but there are some out there.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > What is your favorite fragrance for men to wear?