Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ladyrcmt
Msg: 124
view profile
History
The touching of SOULS..........Page 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
i think most of us seek divinty, whether consciously or unconsciously, to me, that is what these super connections are about, getting in touch with divinity...and although it no doubt feels even more amazing with a lover, i have had these same expereiences with chance encounters as well...strangers you have a brief but profound conversation with.
i have often wondered if these people were angels in my life giving to me the next lesson i need to learn.
 techgirl27
Msg: 127
view profile
History
The touching of SOULS..........
Posted: 1/18/2007 12:16:35 PM
Lately this kind of thing has been very hard and very risky for me because I've been hurt and lied to so much in the past. However, I dont know how it happened but I was just siezed by my date's sincerity and goodness right from the beginning. We have such a tremendous amount in common that we can both relate to, and we've only known each other for 3 weeks! I think its gonna be hard to pick me up off the floor from this one.

SimplyPeachy
Msg: 131
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:08:01 PM
msg#7: BINGO!!!! you nailed it woman!

a little ci.....a little care...a lotta love and you've got the perfect combo....and boy what ya baken smells great.

bless.

SimplyPeachy
Msg: 132
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:11:06 PM
mr. m:

youve already encased yourself in a box when you consider the only pairing of souls between the one person you want to commit to.....

personally, i think once you are truly in touch with your own self and understand (and sometimes acknowledge you might never understand) your soul and how it responds to life's events....you will see things in others. SOOOO many others. so many people. and somewhere along the line i've come to accept i have a family of soulmates. who all have depths to them more valuable than the air we breathe.

i love my soulmates. every last one of them with all i have. i am fortunate.

Charles_David
Msg: 155
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2007 10:44:47 AM
I AM

At Center
Peace
Ease
Stillness

I have a stable point of reference

It is my Self
My soul

I Am to relate to others from this point

Another will be attracted by natural design to me ... a mate designed to fit

Our bodies were designed by nature to fit together
as
ONE
--------------------------------------------------------------
the silence and peace
is covered over with
noise and confusion

We travel great distances ...
We search for ...
We cry for..
We spend money ..
for the...
silence and peace
that is within

Like layers of the onion
our core is covered up with
"stuff"
or minds and body toxic...
Our bodies at dis ease
life appears a struggle
---------------------------------------------------------
is a special bond...
Where two souls help each other
partners on the path
Love in action
Two souls as ONE
commited to BE ing
At Center
At Peace
At Ease
--------------------------------
P.E.N
Peace ful ness (peace FULL)
E asiness (Easy ness)
No Struggle
 Kramer111
Msg: 157
Posted: 4/23/2007 6:05:52 PM
What is soul communication./? is it the ability to know what the other is thinking by a mere glance....I once thought this as I though I had found that true soul connection....what I had found was someone who thought on the same level as I did...Im re contemplating this whole soul connection issue now..I will post more later
 quietstorm8
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 6/22/2007 3:40:03 AM
at the deepest level two souls could touch without
having it to be sexual necessarily....any two souls could touch regardless of
gender.
to have both sexual and soulful touching would probably
be as rare as vigin birth....

but i do believe many of us have momentary glimpses of this
exquisite union
 Debbishoe
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 7/15/2007 11:59:25 AM
The connection that you are talking about is available to all of us, with all of us.

The ability to connect on a level beyond ego seems to me to be a primary gift. Just look at a new baby and how they relate, for that matter, how most of us relate to them. When they look at you it touches your heart, your very soul. You are making a 'soulful' connection. There is no judgement, no words necessary, just the very basic awareness that we are all connected. If we continued to excercise that ability through out our lives, this would be a different world.

Try the following experiment for just an hour and see how it makes you feel. Go to the place with-in you that you feel is the core of who you are. Now look at the people around you with those open eyes. Do you not feel connected with everyone you see? The wonderful possibilities being in that awareness could bring into your life. It would enhance all of your relationships. Imagine the level of connection you could have with a special someone when you see through those loving eyes.

Not an easy task, even more difficult to sustain. If only we all could.
 Debbishoe
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 7/18/2007 12:50:46 AM
First I have to say that you can only be responsible for what you send out and have no control over how it's percieved or if it will be returned.

Society changes with one person at a time, so if you have an open heart with the understanding that we are all connected, you CAN change the world.

Your behavior effects another and that is why I feel it is all of our responsibility to effect change. If we are mirrors for each other, let your reflection be one of love and acceptance. It is possible that you will find your reflection looking back at you in the eyes of a loving man.

Deb
 Rythmn
Msg: 176
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 12:40:35 PM
it's been a while since i posted on this thread. at that time, i was licking my wounds from the ground and waving goodbye to the cloud that i was on. sombient has referred to the process of bonding and distinguished between the emotional and the social connection. for six months after my "cloud" , the same man who pushed me off, decided to jump down and join me as a "friend". after another six month period following our first six months of being enamored, in times of great need (mine for a change!), we again became enamored and so now have both friendship and "chemistry" and a declaration of monogamy. we see each other several times a week and speak almost daily.

i am more spiritually and philosphically curious. we both are service oriented. i believe i pull him up and that he grounds me. so, i have decided, that for the interim that he is my EARTHMATE. that being said, i often experience this very, very strong connection between my inner being and his. but my highest connection of a soul nature, is still with my Higher Power. i guess i feel part of a greater force. i am not sure it is just with one person, but rather a "spiritual connection" with all that there is and all that there is not.
 scorpiomover
Msg: 182
view profile
History
Posted: 7/19/2007 1:48:33 PM
Very nice thread, OP. And congrats!
 MelloDLyn
Msg: 191
view profile
History
Posted: 8/17/2008 6:39:34 PM
I totally agree with all that you said. I have not met very many men that truley touch my soul. But when u do look out! It is like the 4th of July everyday. Steaming hot passion! I never settle, just can't do it. I need to be on that higher level with someone. They just don't come along very much.
 Charles_David
Msg: 195
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2009 2:29:44 PM
That is wonderful~
 Rythmn
Msg: 197
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2009 11:38:52 PM
i posted on this thread two years ago, message 77. i was just about to write pretty much the same thing, but the discussion sounded familiar. so i sat and reread this thread all over again, in order to find myself and others. it also has prompted me to contact some of the "old" forum people, i had lost along the way.

what crazylilting and gardennut described in the very beginning of this discussion, is pretty much what i would seek or envision in my next relationship. i must admit, despite my own best efforts, i have not been in a relationship with a man, that was deemed "intimate", that i could say would even come close to what they describe.

along my journey, i now use the term "earthmate", because i don't think the connection of souls has to be between man and woman. but i do think it has to start someplace! i do believe i have this soul understanding with my eldest daughter, although the feeling drifts in and out, and often i sense deep resistance. i am hoping that the same happens with my other two who are less communicative, but are slowly unfolding.

i think that, way too often, sexual or oxytocin surges confuse the "falling into" love with the "being" in love. to be in this together, each of the partners has to give willingly of themselves, as well as to be open to receiving. this conjures up two key words: trust and vulnerabilty. to conquer barriers to each of these takes tremendous, mutual strength.

for me, this would be a very wonderful, comforting and empowering feeling and sense of knowing. my hope for this and overall sense of the "possibility", has been renewed by reading this thread one more time and two years later.

yet, i wonder what has happened to all who posted along with me two years ago and i do aim to find out!

namaste
 Arabianangel
Msg: 198
Posted: 2/6/2009 12:44:40 AM
Interesting topic...I've never understood "understand your soul" . How does one get to know their soul? I understand that behind the ego you might just find it, but then how do you remove the ego? (silly questions) but I really do want to know..
 Arabianangel
Msg: 200
Posted: 2/6/2009 1:41:29 AM

If I ever find or understand (much less touch) anyone else's soul, I got WAY more problems than just that, thank you very much, most likely the CIA will pick me up to do human experimentation........

I don't need to get THAT deep into it, as they say, sometimes, there isn't the need to complicate a simple thing, and if it ain't broke, don't think it to death to fix a problem (e.g. a "want" not a "need") that doesn't exist until you decided it did.

Since I don't want those types of problems, I see no need to create those problems.
I don't need to understand my "soul", I damned sure need to not be self-centered, and understand the world around me, and therefore, define my place in it, and therefore, helping to define myself.

Go with the flow Young Jedi, you will find that you exist outside your own existence, and NOT by solely "soul searching". That natural balance of knowing your place OUTSIDE yourself in the World/Universe, and yourself internally, not to mention Space/Time impaction of variable vertices within singular, much less modular and dynamic shifting flow, is all there is, everything else is eye candy.

And like all things, such understandings come NOT from forum posts, but in entire lifetimes lived, not thought about being lived. A Natural process all of humanity has been doing since it began, and the process of croaking out and never truly knowing what you THINK you need to know, not to mention what you do really need to know....
not to mention what you WANTED to know......

Want and Need. Two things that go hand in hand, and never, ever skip down the sidewalk together, not at all, though sometimes......it is like watching two drunks fight over a 6-pack of Busch Lite.......not at all amusing, but helpful at times.

Is it the Aussie in me that likes things "simple"...Godzilla it sounds very interesting but you've kinda confused me.
 Arabianangel
Msg: 202
Posted: 2/6/2009 2:08:34 AM
Thank you , much better LOL...Actually Godzilla it's the same view I’ve always held. I have read tones of books about soul searching, great read and most convey the same message. And your right, it's with life’s experiences, with all its up's and down's that you truly get to know the real you...
 kpooks
Msg: 204
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2009 8:04:22 AM
Read my "what I'm REALLY looking for here" post. That is exactly what I'm looking for too.

I think souls are all around us, ready to open up...WE need to do OUR part by opening up first. It takes courage. You just might be surprised...a lot of the rest of us just might be feeling exactly the same way.

I think that kind of soul connection is achieved in friendship. Forget about trying to get there with sex.
 Rythmn
Msg: 205
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2009 1:39:03 AM
when your "vehicle" totally breaks down and you are stripped to having no power or ego or choices in the middle of nowheres, you will (or will not) find your soul very quickly. in essence it can express itself just in the will to live, or in creativity or in a sense of connection to the rest of the universe, unhampered by daily worrries. some via meditation or whatever, empty their minds of everything that they are "attached" to and then get a sense of it. so, the connection is almost w/o effort and has no conditions. it is smooth and it connects. that's about as "material" as i can get about it. now just take two of you in that state of mind or spirit or heartfelt, and let them go about their business, together and apart, they are energized by the presense of the other, w/o feeding off the other. one plus one is two. very simple, not all that common. especially nowadays.
 Zephyr2553
Msg: 212
Posted: 2/10/2009 9:46:23 AM
You seem to be speaking of a deeper intimacy than touch or philos love. I find that kind of "love" in my Creator. From that point on, and with that connection, I am able to see with his eyes, hear with his ears and speak with his mouth.....as long as I stay connected and sometimes I drift or wander off on my own.

That soul connection is just a transfer from him to me and from me to someone dear to me. Without that connection to God, I am just smitten and in awe. All but Agape love is temporal.
 Walts
Msg: 214
Posted: 6/24/2011 6:26:41 AM

I simply believe that we can love many in our lives and have surface connection relationships, but until you have met someone who really touches, and understands more importantly your soul, will you have found the TRUE CONNECTION in life.

Yeppers. My old man warned me many moons ago that I was one with "an old soul". Didn't have a clue what it meant,but at about 40 started figuring it out.(there's that experince/wisdom thingy,but a little too late????) So the last 10 years, I have opened up that part of me, when the door gets unlocked. The problem I have, is finding one that has the "key". Now, at 50, I wonder if there was even a key made???????
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  >