Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 HDready10
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Will Seahawks make a repeat appearance in SB 49?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
don't you tell me I'm in the wrong thread missy.
panthers perhaps the worst record in history at 7-8 -1 (maybe 7 and 9) headed to a division playoff game against the seahawks
seahawks have to go thru carolina to make it to the championship game and how embarrassing would that be if they lose?
 cooldog65
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Will Seahawks make a repeat appearance in SB 49?
Posted: 1/7/2015 10:18:04 AM
Actually, the worst record was by the 2010 Seahawks who finished 7-9. They did beat the defending champions the Saints in the wildcard round. I'm sure this is one of Pete's favorite moments...

http://youtu.be/BDOBejlx7Us

It's cool seeing a couple of Cowboys fans here. I don't want to talk rematch yet. Let's just get through this round.
 HDready10
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2015 7:33:59 AM
It's cool seeing a couple of Cowboy fans in here<<<<cooldog

out of the so=called millions of people that use this site....were it

i don't know what i was thinking that seattle played the late sunday game.

so but should be a interesting weekend of football
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/8/2015 11:07:44 PM
GO HAWKS! Coming from someone who is not even a sports fan, but I love the Seahawks. Awesome team, and Russell Wilson is beyond words, have a major crush on him. Of course they are going to win the Superbowl again, no doubt in my mind.
 cooldog65
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2015 11:26:12 PM
^^^^^ Russell Wilson filed for divorce last year. I don't know if the proceedings have even started out if it's already final.

He fits your criteria...

GO SEAHAWKS!
 cooldog65
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2015 10:21:37 PM
^^^^^ Just noticed my typo above. "out" should be "or".

What a game! Carolina was very tough. The 4th quarter has been our quarter the last 7 games.

Some great catches from Jermaine Kearse, the local guy from Lakes High School in Lakewood, WA. Great one handed catch on the touchdown. He and Luke Willson have been clutch in previous games against Carolina.

With this win, the road to the Super Bowl now officially runs through Seattle. GO SEAHAWKS!
 tgif111
Msg: 40
Posted: 1/11/2015 5:17:08 AM
what happened to the superbowl runs through Pittsburgh???

as a Pittspuke hater i'm glad they have built a new road.

I was sorry to see the Ravens lose after such a great start.
 _babblefish
Msg: 41
Posted: 1/11/2015 9:14:35 AM
good game boyz

my blue/green toque is off to local kid Kearse, Chancellor and the Canadian connection, i wiped a tear (maybe it was
a sloshed drink when i jumped up) at hearing the Luuuuuu's for Willson

*read that the media booth shook slightly from the cheering of that 90 yard romp !!!

:) go hawks!
Msg: 42
Posted: 1/11/2015 2:00:41 PM
We live in a typical world where one person can screw you over. I'm hoping the whole Goddamn world blows up before Super Sunday and nobody wins.
 aj7125
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/11/2015 2:48:10 PM
^^^^Actually the reversal in the Packer game was correct, no matter how you hate it. I think the two best teams are playing for the NFC championship, Rodgers was a stud while playing hurt, probably one of the smartest QB"s in the NFL. Sunday's game will be nothing like the week 1 matchup.
 HDready10
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2015 2:57:21 PM
Actually the reversal in the Packer game was correct <<
the ball never touched the ground from what i could see but its not why we lost and i aint cryin about it

congrats to the seattle fans good to see all of yall here
 _babblefish
Msg: 45
Posted: 1/11/2015 3:50:33 PM
^ it was correct as far as rules go, i follow Chris Kluwe on twitter and he and others are adamant it was a football play..

i really respect Green Bay/Rodgers, looking forward to next sunday!

go hawks!!
 tgif111
Msg: 46
Posted: 1/15/2015 6:09:08 AM
I foresee an Aaron Rogers/Tom Brady shootout in the Superbowl.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 47
Posted: 1/18/2015 4:22:14 PM

I foresee an Aaron Rogers/Tom Brady shootout in the Superbowl.

^That almost happened
I felt sorry for Rodgers, he almost had it.
It was GB's game to win, but the D couldn't stop the seattle comeback
No 21 on the Gb defense didn't effectively cover the SH receiver for that 2 point conversion.
It was an easy pass for him as he was wide open.
Pete Carroll & staff clearly outcoached McCarthy & staff
Turning that field goal kick into a TD was PIVOTAL in Seattle's comeback

PS: The Overtime rules are horrible!
The GB offense should have had the same opportunity, regardless of how the points are scored.
In essence; the coin flip result won that game.
 vbxtc
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 5:38:57 PM
Well THAT was certainly an exciting game. Packers should remember it's a 60 minute game, not a 50 minute game.
 cooldog65
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:16:07 PM
What a comeback! It was so shaky in the beginning. It was a tale of two halves. Seattle has been a second half team. They had the same type of comeback against Atlanta two years ago, only to have Atlanta slip past them at the end.

What can you say about Jermaine Kearse? After previous throws to him resulted in interceptions, his only catch is the winning touchdown. He also had a touchdown on 4th down last year against the 49ers that gave them the lead. He's been clutch in the playoffs.

The same thing was said about the overtime rules earlier in the season when Seattle played Denver. If those coin tosses went the other way, nothing would have been said. They scored touchdowns both times. The old rule was pretty much the same, with many games ended on "safe" field goals. The rules are the rules.

GO SEAHAWKS!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/18/2015 8:45:47 PM
poster 60 says

The Packers couldn't score a touchdown for the entire second half.

That is immaterial because at the end of the regulation game, the score was tied
so you can't legitimize seattle's OT win, based on what GB "didn't do" in the 2nd half of a regulation game
unless they'd have given the GB offense an equal chance to score an overtime TD, and came up short!
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:00 AM
I know nothing about football as I grew up in Europe and it's just not popular over there. But I've lived in the Pacific NW since 1998, and I love it up here. I remember the Seahawks always being the underdog, and I'm THRILLED that they are the rising stars and bucked the system. I love how Russel Wilson, who was unwanted by other teams because he was too short (sound familiar guys? lol) is showing everybody what a BIG mistake they made by dismissing him. Seahawks were the underdogs for a long time, and now they are showing everybody what they can do. LOVE IT. The other big league teams have had their time in the sun, it's been done to death, time for a new order. Love the Seahawks, LOVE RUSSEL WILSON.
 _babblefish
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:01:14 AM
that game gave me heart palpitations . .

onto Brady and his soft balls

go hawks!!
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:14:52 AM
I so hope they win the Super Bowl again, because they are just such a likable team. The Patriots have had enough glory, time for the new kids on the block to have their turn. And yes, I had to actually stop watching because it hurt so bad after the first two quarters. I turned off the TV and I checked my Facebook a while later and saw my friends cheering. That's how I found out that the tide had turned.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:27:38 PM
They had it in their hands, at the 1/2 yard line
But they are just too kocky for their own good
Pete Caroll has to feel like the biggest anus in all of Football.
 cooldog65
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:58:51 PM
Oh what a heartbreaking loss! 

After Lynch gets them close to the goal line, why did they try to pass it? They should have given Lynch the chance to run it in. They took a bad risk there. 

It was too crowded in the middle where Wilson threw the ball. Float one to the corner which would stop the clock if it was incomplete. Still would have two plays and a timeout left to score from a yard out.

This game did come down to the wire and it was exciting. Lots of momentum swings from both sides. Hats off to both teams.

We'll try again next year. The road to repeat now becomes the road to redemption. Getting back there will be even more difficult.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/1/2015 9:50:08 PM
I'm bummed. I can't stand the Patriots.
 tgif111
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/2/2015 6:51:08 AM
the 'Hawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!
 feltersnatch
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2015 8:07:50 AM
Tip my hat to the Seahawks....Good game.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >