Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vbxtc
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Will Seahawks make a repeat appearance in SB 49?Page 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Well THAT was certainly an exciting game. Packers should remember it's a 60 minute game, not a 50 minute game.
 cooldog65
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Will Seahawks make a repeat appearance in SB 49?
Posted: 1/18/2015 7:16:07 PM
What a comeback! It was so shaky in the beginning. It was a tale of two halves. Seattle has been a second half team. They had the same type of comeback against Atlanta two years ago, only to have Atlanta slip past them at the end.

What can you say about Jermaine Kearse? After previous throws to him resulted in interceptions, his only catch is the winning touchdown. He also had a touchdown on 4th down last year against the 49ers that gave them the lead. He's been clutch in the playoffs.

The same thing was said about the overtime rules earlier in the season when Seattle played Denver. If those coin tosses went the other way, nothing would have been said. They scored touchdowns both times. The old rule was pretty much the same, with many games ended on "safe" field goals. The rules are the rules.

GO SEAHAWKS!
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 50
Posted: 1/18/2015 8:45:47 PM
poster 60 says

The Packers couldn't score a touchdown for the entire second half.

That is immaterial because at the end of the regulation game, the score was tied
so you can't legitimize seattle's OT win, based on what GB "didn't do" in the 2nd half of a regulation game
unless they'd have given the GB offense an equal chance to score an overtime TD, and came up short!
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 51
Posted: 1/19/2015 10:29:00 AM
I know nothing about football as I grew up in Europe and it's just not popular over there. But I've lived in the Pacific NW since 1998, and I love it up here. I remember the Seahawks always being the underdog, and I'm THRILLED that they are the rising stars and bucked the system. I love how Russel Wilson, who was unwanted by other teams because he was too short (sound familiar guys? lol) is showing everybody what a BIG mistake they made by dismissing him. Seahawks were the underdogs for a long time, and now they are showing everybody what they can do. LOVE IT. The other big league teams have had their time in the sun, it's been done to death, time for a new order. Love the Seahawks, LOVE RUSSEL WILSON.
 _babblefish
Msg: 52
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:01:14 AM
that game gave me heart palpitations . .

onto Brady and his soft balls

go hawks!!
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 53
Posted: 1/19/2015 11:14:52 AM
I so hope they win the Super Bowl again, because they are just such a likable team. The Patriots have had enough glory, time for the new kids on the block to have their turn. And yes, I had to actually stop watching because it hurt so bad after the first two quarters. I turned off the TV and I checked my Facebook a while later and saw my friends cheering. That's how I found out that the tide had turned.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 54
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:27:38 PM
They had it in their hands, at the 1/2 yard line
But they are just too kocky for their own good
Pete Caroll has to feel like the biggest anus in all of Football.
 cooldog65
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2015 7:58:51 PM
Oh what a heartbreaking loss! 

After Lynch gets them close to the goal line, why did they try to pass it? They should have given Lynch the chance to run it in. They took a bad risk there. 

It was too crowded in the middle where Wilson threw the ball. Float one to the corner which would stop the clock if it was incomplete. Still would have two plays and a timeout left to score from a yard out.

This game did come down to the wire and it was exciting. Lots of momentum swings from both sides. Hats off to both teams.

We'll try again next year. The road to repeat now becomes the road to redemption. Getting back there will be even more difficult.
 TrustInKarma
Msg: 56
Posted: 2/1/2015 9:50:08 PM
I'm bummed. I can't stand the Patriots.
 tgif111
Msg: 57
Posted: 2/2/2015 6:51:08 AM
the 'Hawks snatched defeat from the jaws of victory!
 feltersnatch
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2015 8:07:50 AM
Tip my hat to the Seahawks....Good game.
 aj7125
Msg: 59
Posted: 2/2/2015 9:37:50 AM
It wasn't about Wilson at all, it WAS the play call. The Hawks could have announced that they were running Lynch and he would have still scored. He had 3 chances to and the odds were heavily in Seattle's favor. Dumb stupid call that most everyone says it was. Carroll and company get to think about that forever, they blew being mentioned in the history books. Game of inches and seconds.
 calguy14
Msg: 60
Posted: 2/2/2015 9:48:04 AM
^^Agree.Worst play call with the game on the line in Superbowl history.
 calguy14
Msg: 61
Posted: 2/2/2015 11:10:56 AM
^^^
JCA you're just as bad at sports.There was zero need to pass.I thought the Patriots were screwed for sure.Tremendous back and they pass.It would have been tough but Lynch would have done it.Lynch was very diplomatic.This was an ego trip to top Brady and they f@#$ed up big time.
 HFX_RGB
Msg: 62
Posted: 2/2/2015 11:39:23 AM

Like I said, if the pass had been completed, you guys wouldn't be complaining about the call. Meaning, the pass wasn't competed, so you guys are complaining...

The funniest part would be all the people claiming it was such a brilliant thing to do see as everyone was assuming they would run the ball.
 calguy14
Msg: 63
Posted: 2/2/2015 12:00:44 PM
It was an insult to Lynch not getting the ball.
 south_city
Msg: 64
Posted: 2/2/2015 5:01:06 PM
I don't mind the Seahawks passing. But I would have used a play action or a roll out. If no one is open. Wilson can either throw it away or run for the TD. Another key play was the drop by Kearse deep in Pats territory when it was 24-14 late in the 3rd quarter. It would have been a huge play. If the Seahawks had scored a TD, I think the game would have been very close to being over at that point.
 SunshineGirl__
Msg: 65
Posted: 2/2/2015 5:14:27 PM
Why so critical of the final play call? What about the ten point lead they had and blew, what about the Patriots scoring 14 points unanswered? If the Seahawks had made more touchdowns, or prevented the Pats from scoring through the second half, if not the whole game, the championship wouldn’t have been dependent upon ONE play.

But they are just too kocky for their own good

I agree. No disrespect for Seahawks fans…this is one reason I don’t like them. I admire playing well with good sportsmanship. I don’t like their c0cky attitude. How many super bowls have been lost that didn’t end up in a brawl?

Anyway. I’m an AFC girl so I’m thrilled the Pats won. :)
 HDready10
Msg: 66
view profile
History
Posted: 2/2/2015 6:00:21 PM
blame the person who threw the pass< Hit it right on the nose there young fella

what a bizarre bunch of playoff games and one super bowl it was. first detroit and dallas then green bay and dallas then green bay and seattle, then last night.

in answer to your question will the seahawks make a repeat? in years past it often happens to teams who lose a super bowl to show up in the next years super bowl. so yes we could very well see seahawks again next year.

the seahawks have nuthin to be ashamed of and accordin to the nfl they are the second best team.
 calguy14
Msg: 67
Posted: 2/2/2015 6:28:09 PM
@skoochie
Regular season stats.This was the big one.
 aj7125
Msg: 68
Posted: 2/2/2015 6:42:44 PM
It's great to see that it was the worst call in super bowl history right after watching it happen and then you hear the experts even say it was. I don't blame Wilson at all. You have the best back in the NFL and you have 3 downs to get a couple feet. I am not a fan of either team but Bevell handled the explanation terribly. The hawks choked big time!

Seattle is favored again and rightfully so but I have a feeling they won't be there next year. This year they are among 31 other teams that didn't win the big one. Patriots won and nothing you can say will make it different.

^^^^^^Correct calguy, plus Lynch had a great game sunday, I doubt he would have been denied. I doubt he is back next year, he is not happy with some of the coaches. He flipped Bevell off in 2013.
 Yule_liquor
Msg: 69
Posted: 2/2/2015 7:53:15 PM
^

I doubt he is back next year,

By right, ML should leave,
and that would serve as a figurative "slap on the face"
to both Caroll & Bevell, for the stupid play they called.
 aj7125
Msg: 70
Posted: 2/2/2015 8:52:37 PM
Wilson is a class act, he will always take responsibility. If you ask most if not all the starters, they would tell you they take responsibility if they had missed a pass, a tackle, a sack, a fumble. And yes, Lynch is the best RB in the league. They both have a 4.7 yds per rush and Murray has over 100 more rushing attempts. Murray is a stud but if you asked NFL players who was better, it would be Lynch hands down. And that is not a put down to Murray at all. This one play isn't your "typical" play that you Monday morning quarterback and ask about the "what ifs". The hawks are getting their just desserts as far as the bone headed play that cost them a place in history. The thing it didn't do is lessen what Wilson has done and that he will be the highest paid QB next year. He is even more of a class act off the field.
 aj7125
Msg: 71
Posted: 2/3/2015 7:07:39 AM
^^But the guys who have played and the players walking off the field Sunday said it was a stupid, bad call. It isn't one or two guys playing Monday morning QB, its the majority of people saying it was a terrible call.
 HDready10
Msg: 72
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2015 5:06:11 PM
it was a horrible play all the way around aj. yes maybe the worst called play in super bowl history. but the word is execution. when duty calls you must step up. they are professionals they get paid the big bucks....suppose to get that ball in there. heck they looked like the 2013 cowboys

the cowboys had the same problem when jason garrett starting calling plays several years ago when wade was the coach. cheerleaders in restrooms probably aint half of it.

if your a seahawk fan the pain is unbearable but getting better as each day goes on. I have seen teams get to the goal line without scoring as time runs out, it happens, what you don't see is the way the seahawks lost.... not very often.
Show ALL Forums  > Sports  >