Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 423
Is it just me, or are testimonials a turn off ?Page 21 of 21    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21)

It is sorta like a guy telling you that he test-drove a Mercury and liked it.[/qutoe]

That being said, I was reading this woman's profile, and saw this guys testimonial of her and saying how great a kisser she is. I got a total creepy vibe there.

Is she even aware of a testimonial that appears on her profile, or did she actually allow it to be there?

I've also noticed a lot of profiles that get a testimonial, but the person who left it never got a testimional in return from THAT person. I see this rather often.
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 424
Is it just me, or are testimonials a turn off ?
Posted: 5/12/2011 4:49:12 AM

Not necessarily. I like going on forumites profiles, and reading testimonials about how "great," "wonderful" and "amazing" they are. These people must be 10x the person I am.

You too? Yeah, they're all the same, especially "the old guard" . They all seem to start out, "My dear sweet friend..." and sometimes the exact same thing is said about other forumites. It's pretty funny actually.

What I don't get is that they are supposed to be an endorsement of sorts, and yet they are generally written by folks of the same sex, who have never met them and just go by what they have written in the forums. How can these "testimonials" possibly make them more attractive to potential dates? It's weird.

If I was still in the dating scene I'd like someone from the opposite sex to say something like, "Pretty good guy, he doesn't seem to be psychotic and he's not hung like a gnat." That I could get behind.
 whatevs_meh
Msg: 425
Posted: 5/12/2011 4:51:43 AM

They're good friends but not botanically compatible.

Their plants don't get along?
 Here_In_Florida
Msg: 426
Posted: 7/18/2011 4:30:25 AM
I've actually seen some men leave testimonials for a woman that almost come off as overly protective of that person or perhaps someone who has unrequited love for her. They say things like, "Don't you dare treat her badly, etc etc, etc " or "She's a great gal, and anyone would be lucky to have her."

At first, I thought some of these testimonials were so unusual that I wondered if the person was actually AWARE that maybe a random stranger left it? I wasn't sure how testimonials could be left, something similar to a Blog comment? I don't know.
 JAD2011
Msg: 427
Posted: 9/4/2011 8:17:46 PM
Personally I see testimonials as a turn-off.

If the person has testimonals from past dates on their profile I pass them on by. I don't want someone who either can't commit, or needs to have someone sing their praises in hopes of getting dates or whatever.

Just my humble opinion though.

JAD
 Coyotefeller
Msg: 428
Posted: 9/5/2011 1:14:21 PM
Testimonials are an offshoot from
social networks and don't belong on
dating services / meat markets ....
...scratch that ! ....Meet Markets I mean !
Once had a girlfriend who wanted me
to meet all her Old Close friends who were
all male....Jeesh !....same idea !
Just my 2 cents !
 SpringsDiver
Msg: 430
Posted: 10/21/2011 8:54:44 AM

Vchuksor - Hi I need to know how u can read your own testimonial.....How can I see these so I have a chance to take back my honor .

Your post was extremely difficult to decipher. If I understand it correctly, you want to delete a testimonial you left for someone else. If you click on Favorites, then Find out who has selected you as a favorite, find the person who's testimonial you want to remove and click Remove to remove YOU from their list of Favorites, i think it will also remove the testimonial you wrote.

If you want to check before doing this, go to the link below and ask your question.

http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingForum4.aspx
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  >