Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Apparently those Nigerian scammers are using Yahoo messenger now...      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 GEOSC
Msg: 39
Apparently those Nigerian scammers are using Yahoo messenger now...Page 2 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
I get them everyday from lawyers, family members, or my email has won the lottery so many times .
 PolynesianPower
Msg: 42
Apparently those Nigerian scammers are using Yahoo messenger now...
Posted: 9/8/2007 9:07:22 PM
Actually i am a victim of 1 Nigerian scam. Had a girl named Sarah and had all the tell tale signs you guys speak of such as I Love You in the first frickin email she/he sent me and that she/he misses me so much.I hadn't even messaged this person at all and they say they miss me, their fathers dead and their mothers missing,and asked me to get yahoo messenger in the 2nd email,well i didn't know about Nigerian scammers and all this crap that goes on. Now i do and i fell for it(go on laugh right here)this has to be stopped someone has to act on this crime surely.
Man makes me think about why the world invests money into such a country when they commit such crimes through these scams.Absolutely beware people if they're from Africa and they say they love you and that thay want to marry you on first contact through im it's a blatant scam.
 A Gem
Msg: 43
Posted: 10/10/2007 3:29:20 PM
There are a few here at POF. I know of one who is gone.

I hope no one has to go through this again and I think the admin. here at POF handles them quite effectively. I was oblivious to this type scam and luckily got suspicious before any great loss. (loss of trust is painful though)

Anyway, retribution so no one ever go through this again by this one particular scammer was my salvation of sanity. Hopefully, I can put up this one link. It explains alot and has tons of information for future victims.

http://www.internet-love-scams.org/forum/showthread.php?p=30541#post30541

I think I'll be changing my current profile.
 TheReason_
Msg: 44
Posted: 10/10/2007 6:18:05 PM
Robbie gets no love from the Nigerians.

:(
 lulka
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 10/12/2007 2:49:52 PM
Please, please ladies be very, very weary of a couple of posting from men from Rocky River stating they are a widower for 6 years and the wife and daughter died in a car accident going to Florida, and they are left with a yound son. This son, I was told, was rushed to a hospital for an operation in the middle of the night. The hospital calls while we are emailing each other and they are throwing the child out unless the dad comes in with $1,500 - 2,500. Oh, a good one too, he is an antiquities dealer and has a home in Holland. His siblings and he had and argument over the parents spoils after their respective deaths. He will give you an address on Center Ridge Road in Rocky River, and supply you with a Western Union phone number to send him the money toot sweet. There are more than one of these posted. Write me if you want to know who they are.

You have been warned.
 raychass
Msg: 46
Posted: 10/12/2007 6:37:10 PM
Sometimes i talk with them and lead them on . I tell them all sorts of garbage to make them think i have money. It's the funniest thing. I had one guy on a plane coming to canada thinking he was going to be meeting a wealthy lonely woman desperate for love. Oh man i wonder what he thought when he showed up at the airport and no one was there ?

Of course this was not a nigerian scammer but what i call a citizenship lover . He will love anyone who has citizenship.
 A Gem
Msg: 47
Posted: 10/12/2007 7:01:19 PM

it's called scam baiting. there are some hysterical photos on the sites. some where they have the scammers pose with underwear on their head and holding up outrageous signs ... very clever people. lol
 LilFoxFire
Msg: 48
Posted: 10/12/2007 8:35:32 PM
A lot of the Nigerian scammers are already in the country they want citizenship in. They usually come, having family or a large group of friends already in place. Most use yahoo to make contact with a potential companion ,one that will marry the person.Usually setup by some Nigerian attorney that pay citizens to marry the Nigerian to obtain citizenship. After about a year they usually have citizenship then the two may or may not choose to remain married.

I'm surprised the number of people that do send money to the scammers not ever having known the people except through internet connection. Guess some are desperate to give money away...
 Straight Christian Lady
Msg: 49
Posted: 10/12/2007 8:47:25 PM
Ok, well that explains most of the messages I've received elsewhere that I state I'm ONLY there as a FRIEND.
Not all, but most of the senders asked me to email them at Yahoo. I thought it was getting weird to see so many from Yahoo.

I almost never respond to them; I just collect their messages onto my blog for a giggle. If I reply at all, it's to say 'but you didn't read my profile!'
 A Gem
Msg: 50
Posted: 10/14/2007 12:30:46 AM
Another one contacted me today. I wrote: How's the weather in Nigeria today?

It's really obvious to me now but don't think he's the same guy. Can't tell, different pic.

The guy that was banned was working on another victim right before we talked.

Unfortunately, she sent him money:
http://www.internet-love-scams.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4292
 A Gem
Msg: 52
Posted: 10/14/2007 8:48:57 AM
here is his cut and paste first approach mail.

Hello,
I hope you are enjoying it out there .I won't mind if we could know
each other better .Let's try to exchange some words if we might have
anything in common .I believe there is a reason why you and i have
joined this dating site, so Let's see if we can make it happen .
My email address is (john_smith2luv@... or lonely_aitkins4luv@...).
Feel free to write me about yourself and i won't mind
if you can send me some pictures .I will get back to you as
soon as i get your message or you can add
me to your yahoo messager i dont mind i will be waiting for u over there,
so bye for now and have a nice day .
John Smith

so obvious
 astrix21
Msg: 53
Posted: 10/18/2007 12:20:51 PM
I have got one of those too, though I knew it from the word go what "she" was up to.
So I chatted around and finally when "she" broke the news that "she" was "bankrupt" and needed some "help", I "wired" her $1500.00 through Western Union and gave her the "password". I am sure "she" had a "good" time at the WU counter!
 Stimpygurl
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2007 12:35:29 PM
I had one guy named "Herrison Ford" (lol) with a model pic and he IM'd me on Yahoo. I knew right away what it was and just played along. For a few weeks he would pop up on my IM and if I wasn't doing anything I would Im back. After a while he told me that his daughter was really sick and he couldn't afford the medicine for her and it was life threatening.... blah, blah, blah... I told him I was going through a divorce and told him about the damage my daughter did to my face and the surgery costs (true story) and that I had no money.
He begged me to send him $200. to pay for the meds. After begging for about 1/2 hour he called me a "C word" and asked again. I told this pathetic scammer "I have some bad news, I just wiped out YOUR bank acct..." lol.. then I blocked him from IMing me again....

You know what SCAM means don't you?

S tealing
C ash from
A merican
M orons...

Stimpyanna
 right4u1962
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/18/2007 12:48:00 PM
This can be very fun and entertaining. When I am having a boring evening and I get one of these. GAME ON!!!! I will continue to interupt them and keep asking questions about the place that they grew up or say that they are from. It is amazing how little they know about that place. Even if I ahve to look it up. One said she was from somewhere close to where I live. However couldn't tell me anyhting about it. I look at it this way, if I keep them occupied then they are leaveing someone esle alone!!!!!.

Try to ahve some fun and watch what you tell them!!!
 A Gem
Msg: 56
Posted: 10/18/2007 5:56:42 PM
I was kind of wary to open up my profile again but I have. I lost nothing because he wasn't real and I sensed it. Now, I just treat all mail the same until I meet the person...eye to eye.

Here's a good letter from a friend to the spammers
which seem to hit me up every day now:

Sister Mary Benard
THANK YOU FOR YOUR E-MAIL- Oops just realised that I had the Caps Lock on - just like you and your band of thieves who haven't figured out how to master the basic simplicities of a keyboard.

Go peddle your story elsewhere. Better still try WORKING for a living instead of trying to scam people through the 419 routine. WORKING may be a concept that you are unfamiliar with. Basically it goes like this - you get a job, do it properly, and at the end of a week or month your employer gives you money for doing that job. Believe me billions of people have tried this over the past 2 or 3 thousand years and, guess what, it seems to make them reasonably happy with themselves.

The chances of you being a Deacon in Dove Ministry Inc are about as remote as me actually walking away with any money from you after actually being sold the idea of receiving funds from you - I may be gullible but I'm definitely not gullible enough to send you money. Do you know what "gullible" means? Look it up. Get the fattest English Dictionary at the furthest away library from your sweatshop and look it up under the letter: "G" -- You're welcome for the unsolicited advice.

I hope that you never succeed in scamming anyone with your quasi religious sorry tale. Now, I think you know what you can do with this email.
 raychass
Msg: 57
Posted: 10/18/2007 7:13:36 PM
Way to go a gem . The sad thing is this will go right over their heads and they will be on to their next victim in no time. People have to take responsibility for themselves and not let their greed get them into a situation where they can be scammed.
 catabrie
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/18/2007 9:23:35 PM
It is very common on Yahoo but has nothing to do with chatrooms in my case - I've never gone into a yahoo chatroom (I believe it is by profile - age maybe) I've gotten 2 types of such e-mails/im's written in broken English.

Three like this thru IM: an American stranded in Africa (either robbed or waiting to be paid for some big international project he performed) & quickly asks me for monetary help to get back to the states so he can hurry into my waiting arms - man what a waste of their time & energy cause "I was born at night but it wasn't last night"...lol. The other were by way of e-mails from the executor of a rich estate but the recipients of this estate can't be found. But if I will only take information from him & go claim the estate as my own, he'll split it 50-50% with me... lol..."I was born at night but..."

And as stated in previous posts - give it back to them with your own scam - I mean sob story...lol

May the force be with you,
cata
 A Gem
Msg: 59
Posted: 10/18/2007 10:50:08 PM
I can't do the "get even" thing. Too much drained energy, time and negativity involved.

And Thank you,

The kharma would definitely do me in.

However...I am so tempted.

I did read about one woman on the yahoo romance scam forums today who thought she was in love with this guy from eharmony or some (insert any) dating site and he got so involved with hooking her, (he had her and her poor children convinced he was coming there, or they were going there)...anyway, he started asking for the money about 3 months in. She never suspected a thing. They love yahoo because the email isn't as traceable I suppose and the messenger system is better for their schemes.
The guy I was chatting with even put up an IM picture of the oil rig he was supposedly on. I live where there are many oil rigs, right here off the coast.

Many have heard of the Nigerian email scams but not the romance scammers. She eventually figured out, after money was gone from her account from all the checks he sent that were no good, that something was up. She lost everything, including her peace of mind for a long time. Her kids were crying and it was devastating for her. It's hard to let that type pain go.

Another woman's son died in a hospital and the man was still on the phone asking her for the money. They won't give up.

Keeping them busy elsewhere is the ideal way to keep them off the sites. That, and reporting them. And some sites won't do a thing. The IC sites are overloaded.

The guy that contacted me last week is still here, although I turned him in... go figure.

Here's another good letter for the "bad guys".

Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 2231 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Thank You Sir
To: @yahoo.com
CC: @yahoo.co.uk

Dear Mr. xxx, aka xxx, aka
Little Man Dummy

To: @yahoo.com, @yahoo.com
Cc: Five Secret Addys we Won't Divulge.
Date: Mon 10/13/2007 22:34
Subject: Good to be Chatting With "Us" Again!

Dear Moron,

I need to explain something to you. Please listen carefully because this is very important. You are a mugu. You are a dumb scammer, thief. You are so dumb they haven’t invented a word for the magnitude of dumbness your dumbness reaches.
Your ancestors must have been some of their generation’s dumbest, stupidest morons, for them to have created such a dumb individual from their gene pool.

If they had a scale that measured dumbness you would be right there at the end but only on the really expensive big dumbness rulers, as the normal ones wouldn’t be marked so high.

If they had a museum of dumbness, they would have a ten metre replica of you at the front door and sell special merchandise with your face on it. Hey, they’d probably name the museum after you.

If you were in my kids’ class at school you would be the kid in the corner that dribbles and everyone points at. The one who is given the round end scissors, in case he’s dumb enough to cut his fingers off. You’d be the kid that pooed himself all the time.

Your dumb emails, voice messages and tasteless birthday cards are all published on many many websites for the viewing pleasure of the general public and we are all laughing at your most profound dumbness.

Your dumb thieving mentality will cause you to live a dumb, pitiful life. If you have children now or in the future, (which is unlikely because I believe you are probably a homosexual ) they will not bring their friends home from school out of mbarrassment. They will claim to be orphans rather than admit their dad is the dumbest 419 scammer on the planet.

You dumb sh1t, if you had one car you wouldn't know how to drive it. If you had one house, it wouldn't have a doorknob or lock to lock it because there wouldn't be a door. It would be constructed of cardboards and old tins.

Listen you dumb loser - I’m giving away the money you "saved" me (because "we're" so much smarter than you) to a charity that helps dumb people. So you never know, you may get it back one day as a handout or food vouchers. Maybe some dried milk.

I’ll mail you later to let you know which charity has it, so that you can send them one of your dumb love letters.

Tell your boss that you are not cut out to be a 419 romancer for the following reasons:

1. You are dumb
2. You are so dumb you can't remember what email account you used originally
3. You are so dumb you can't remember what 419 romance scam story you used originally
4. You are so dumb you can't remember what name you used originally
5. You are dumb
6. You can't spell
7. You can’t type
8. You can’t string a decent sentence together
9. You are dumb
10. You are short
11. You have a voice like a gravel pit
12. You are really really dumb!
13. Blah, blah, blah
14. You have no idea what American idioms are
15. You are so f***ing dumb
16. brb

Think of this as a learning episode. You have gained a little bit of knowledge over the last few months.

Something that may help you later in life. You have learned that you are very dumb.

One more thing Mr Dumb, I have put a little message for you on the internet. Cannot wait to have our regular "chat" tomorrow. Hope you sleep well.

(link to some MUGU thing)

Love You Baby,
Not At All Who You Think

They are usually "working" so many women, they haven't a clue where this one comes from.

Be careful everyone. Stay safe. Block and report.

MICHAELEEN0113
Msg: 60
Posted: 12/6/2007 9:27:02 PM
Hello,

I couldn't have written a better message myself........Yes......I was stupid and an fell for the scam...........and sent the jerks e-mails, that i sent to family and friends, and they threatend
to kill me and one of my friends i sent an e-mail to......I told them to bring it on........

You are so correct.......they are very entertaining, and some said they were in areas near me.........but could not give a description of it or did not know any local stores or malls.

I now get about 4 of them a day.........and YES.....I WILL HAVE FUN WITH THEM........GREAT IDEA..........
 arieann
Msg: 61
Posted: 12/7/2007 3:08:10 AM
I like chatting with them,making them think I have fallen for the scam,except their marriage proposal,etc...then suddenly tell them I have turned lesbian, or give them the phone number of the local police or FBI office in Raliegh. Sometimes I tell them I sent money. When they come back online about the money not being at western union,I then tell them I lied to make the waste their time going to the Western union.
 masked944
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:24:31 PM
When I get those type of instant messages or e mails I tell them I live in a cardboard box under a bridge and ask them if they can help me out with some cash. Usually the end of the conversation right there.
 loveoregon
Msg: 63
Posted: 12/7/2007 5:31:20 PM
I "SPAM" them and it helps at least until the next one comes along.
 pretty greeneyes
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 12/7/2007 6:51:08 PM
arieann...that is so funny they really go to Western Union....

I had a myspace for a second. They are on that site big time.... So easy to spot some come on so strong with bouts of love and all that jive..
 The First Kiss!
Msg: 65
Posted: 1/16/2008 6:10:16 AM
Yes everyone the NIGERIAN SCAMMERS are also here in POF. Ladies all be aware that tomashayes2007 is one of them!

The are so damn obvious, heavy accent, hardly speak english, type exactly the same message to everyone. Never a land line that you can trace and are engineers doing contract work in Nigeria. Yeah right.

This one claims to be living in Collins St but is definitely working and living in Nigeria. He is not an engineer, he is a Nigerian ladies. A scammer! False picture, false information. Do not trust!!!!!
 JCDraphon
Msg: 66
Posted: 2/7/2008 12:31:40 AM
I have been contacted by a female on this site name of Linda Flores. she sends this email. she hasnt asked for money yet just that I recieve the funds for her. Like Im gonna fall for that. watch out for this one

Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 2151 -0800 (PST)
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
Subject: About me
To:
I was the only daughter of late Engr and Mrs Samuel walter.I got married when i was 19 years old,i was into this relationship for 10 years with full of pain.I knew my ex-husbadn was hiden things from me ,he was into drugs,so i have to divorced him,i didn't tell him about my will,cos i knew he was not my soulmate.
My late father is from west africa,Nigeria,while my late mother is from Chico CA,My father was an Engineer and Contractor with the Government of Cote D'ivoire in Abidjan here, the economic capital of Ivory Coast, he was poissoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on business.

My mother died on the 20th october 1988 and my father took me so special because l am motherless. Before the death of my father on 29th november 2000 in a private hospital here in Nigeria, he secretly called me on his bedside,when I sat down to listen to him, he started crying, why?(1)He conplained that I am too young to be managing my life,(2)That he didn't finished is plans for me,(3)No body to take care of me again as a young girl, but after much crying, he still passed an instruction to me that he has a sum of US$2.700.000.(Two Million Seven hundred United States Dollars) left in a Security Company here in Nigeria. That he used my name as the only daughter for his next of kin in deposit of the funds. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was posisoned by his business associates,that l should seek for a God fearing foreign partner in a country of my choice where l will transfer this money and use it for proper investment purpose ,That he or she should help me obtain a resident permit in his or her country.
He also gave an out standing instrution to the company that the money must be invest outside this country . and it was deposited as an Artworks to avoid problem or tamparing by the officers of the company.before use, this is to make sure that I did not begin to make use of the money here so that his enemies will not get at me. Honey, I am now ready to do all these since my father my bread winner is no more. Honey l am honourable seeking your assistance in the following ways.
To serve as my gaurdian in the state while I will depend on your expert advise since l am a girl of 31 years.Furthermore, you can indicate your option towards assisting me as l believed that this project would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me. Hoping to hearing from you soonest. May God bless you as you extend your helping hand to a needy fellow.

Linda Flores.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Apparently those Nigerian scammers are using Yahoo messenger now...