Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Why don't men write anything/much in their profiles?Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
It has to be said, having a long profile doesn't seem to help much in reality..
 pantsonfire
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Why don't men write anything/much in their profiles?
Posted: 1/20/2007 12:05:32 AM
I have to confess to not liking the novella style profiles, I have the attention span of a syphilitic goldfish so won't bother if it's longer than about five sentences. Conversely I also hate and detest profiles that consist of, ' Ask me' .. NEXT.................
 stoowart
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 1:44:08 AM
ye right, cos there isn't a plethora of womens' profiles that just have pics and very little else on at all.....try trawling both sexes in order to be informed eh?
 evan2
Msg: 32
Posted: 1/20/2007 4:09:30 AM
because you should be attracted simply to our charming good looks.........or not

I talk more then most women, many girls love to talk on the phone with me because I am never at a loss for words though it tends to be boring listening to myself all the time... I do is very often though
 explorer900
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2007 3:21:52 PM
I have!! I think it's really important to write a profile that gives the right impression.

The main reason I'm on POF is to try and find Miss Right For Me and if the information I offer in my profile is sparse then I can't really expect much interest. Life's too short anyway so why not make the effort to give someone a good impression of who you are, what you like/don't like and the kind of person you're looking for.

I've had a couple of dates with ladies from this site and some compliments about my profile and I do appreciate their comments. I haven't found Miss Right For Me so far and I won't necessarily find her through POF but I live in hope.

Meanwhile, good luck to all in your search and as we are so often reminded 'there's someone out there for everyone'.
 DeusXMachina
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2007 1:34:47 PM
Men probably are aware that those of us with enormous profiles aren't any more successful...
 Loose_end
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 2/1/2007 11:21:04 PM
I like to keep mine short to allow room for the tumbleweed that blows across it on a daily basis...

Taking aside Women who are stunningly beautiful and need only say 2 words like "hello guys" or "ask me" to get 200+ blokes on their favourites list, i think Women on the whole tend to be wordier.

Men try to be a) funny or b) dark and mysterious i cant claim this to be fact, i really dont go round looking at fella's profiles (well, maybe if he has nice eyes) We'll take a tentative stab at what we hope will attract the right type of Women to our profiles.

The single most thing i find Women crave is someone that can make them laugh! In practise however (and i've been around t'internet for quite some time now) Is that although making you laugh is important, it really is nowhere near as important as making you moist in your nether regions due to us being devilishly handsome.

The short version is though, Men are still the sex that generally makes the first move, we go out on the hunt while Women have to sit back and make themselves look as fabulous as possible, and they do this via their profiles. Men dont have time, we're too busy hunting you down.
Show ALL Forums  > UK forums  >