Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MDNinja
Msg: 4
So you talk to him for a month straight then POOF!!Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Maybe he got into a car crash and nobody else knows he was emailing you on the site....
 MDNinja
Msg: 6
So you talk to him for a month straight then POOF!!
Posted: 1/19/2007 11:01:49 PM
Maybe his wife caught him, I don't know. This thread is bringing me down.
 decentandsexy
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/19/2007 11:13:45 PM
IT HAS HAPPENED TO ME TOO.WE HAVE TALK FOR HOURS ON THE PHONE EVERY NIGHT.AND WE HAVE TALKED ABOUT OUR DREAMS AND HOPES AND ALL THAT TOGETHER.HE WANTED ME TO COME TO CANADA AND STAY WITH HIM..THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN NOT A THING.AND I WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO A MAN.IF NOT INTERSTED IN SOMEONE JUST TELL THEM NEVER LET IT GO WHERE YOU NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.THEN YOU WORRY ABOUT THEM TO SEE IF THEY ARE O

["ALL-CAPS" off please/lateā„¢]
 JWA
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/20/2007 3:35:01 AM
Let us also ask why women do the things they do? Do you have any answers that would make sense to men? Do you really care what made him disappear? Would it make you feel any different or "better" if you knew? Have you ever done this to someone---suddenly lost interest but never explained it to them?

As much as you might dislike hearing it sometiing about you or within him caused him to change----it could something you said or didn't say, something you did or didn't do---the reasons are countless. Talking about hopes and dreams and love and together might just be philosophical discussions and not really about "us" as you seem to think here. His current actions tell you everything----everything but what it was that caused this.

Before you pose a "why do men do this............" question perhaps look at things more closely---could be your answer is in a rearward looking perspective!

Sorry this happened to you---it's happened to us all. We've moved on----you should as well!!!
 TrackMan391
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/20/2007 10:47:06 PM
SITYKITTY7, I'm guessing he decided that you didn't like him enough to meet him. You didn't mention meeting the guy in person, but it seems like you didn't meet him. Online dating sites are meant for just that: online *dating*. Not online pen-pals, not online chatting, but dating, which means seeing each other in person. So when he was talking to you for a month, he was hoping you two could arrange a meeting, even something like a simple coffee date. When he realized that you weren't willing to meet him, he moved on to someone who was. So while I don't agree with his disappearing act, I don't blame him either.
 SLAFFA
Msg: 39
Posted: 9/14/2007 7:59:14 AM
When you say month, I take it you mean at least 4 weeks? 28 days? Personally, a WEEK'S worth of emails is 2 or 3 days too many for me... but I would be willing to wait a couple of weeks before meeting or TALKING [telephone] due to job committments, family obligations, etc. for the right girl if push came to shove. I can't imagine many guys who want to type endlessly... a month is a LONG time. IMO anyway.
 str8_edge_in_cali
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/4/2007 5:38:25 PM
sounds like he doesn't know what he wants (no offense to you). some people are clingy, need to have total control, or are waiting for something better to come along. most likely talking to someone else trying to be sly and see where he can benefit himself more. or he needs to cut the cord from home and move on. his dad was probaly like that too.
 hoppimike
Msg: 55
Posted: 10/22/2007 9:34:58 PM
yeah i hate when that kind of thing happens! It's amazing how cold people can be on the net to be honest. I don't think I've ever had it happen QUITE like that - after a really long chat - but I've had people I seem to be getting on really well with just disappear for no reason. Why can't they just tell the person why they're doing it?

To be honest, if it happens and it's evident the person is doing it intentionally, it's probably best to get some distance and slowly break away. It can't have been meant to be =)

One thing that really got to me today is people who don't even reply when you send them a hello message (they just read it, or read and delete)! Am I the only one who thinks that's really rude? =S
 tallblonde111
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/23/2007 6:26:17 AM
That is a typical experience on POF and other dating sites. It could because of many reasons that had nothing to with you. Maybe the person was looking to cheat. Maybe the person wasn't serious about getting into a relationship or the person was afraid of getting into a relationship because of some bad experiences in the past. Maybe the person was talking to several people at the same time and liked one of them better. This applies to both sexes.
 bewitchingall1
Msg: 67
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 9:48:58 PM
wow...THANKS everyone!! I had my first experience with a disappearing act. It does sting because I did meet the person. But after reading so many of these threads it let me know that it's common. Guess I just needed validation of the disappearance to accept it. Didn't get it from him but Definitely got it here. It's just ashame that those that do the disappearing act don't just own up an be honest. I'd rather hear their not interested or what ever their reason is for not contacting me for closure. But I guess there are those that can't be as blunt as Iam.
Thanks Again!! Back to the
 wotsnot2luv
Msg: 69
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:10:03 PM
All of the above reasons, & you can add "computer died"

Im still amazed at the number of people that dont seem to realise that they're not the only fish in this pond.. Things (& people) move faster on the internet than in "real" life
 txmary18
Msg: 70
view profile
History
Posted: 10/1/2008 10:23:19 PM
cuz they lie ....... snifff they lie goodbye
 ggbob696
Msg: 78
Posted: 5/6/2009 5:25:24 AM
I go on the dates with women and they come back strong then they just seem to fad away. I came to conclusion that they simply meet someone better who had there interest. Some time they just get bored and move on. OK so they dont brordcast that they are board and have moved on, because they are embarased or just lasy.
So just make the best of it and move on too and meet the match of your life.
My mom used to say as one door closes another one opens. so just move on
 giggles79*
Msg: 85
Posted: 5/24/2009 12:26:43 PM
I have to agree with the above too I'm afraid... I don't understand why you'd chat to someone you like for that long without progressing it further? He may have just lost interest , thought you weren't that interested or thought it wasn't going anywhere. And though it would be nice to have an explanation or a good bye, lets face it, it's awkward cos you don't want to upset people so the easiest option is to be silent and just disappear rather than risking upsetting people... and thats alot easier to do on here!

Besides, this is just dating, we're all just tyring each other on for size, we shouldn't be having online relationships - we should be just introducing ourselves, sharing a bit about ourselves, try have some banter and if you hit it off - meet - you can't get the real chemistry between 2 people through a computer.

It's horrible to suddenly be ignored/disposed of but don't take it personally - what will be will be .. and if it';s not to be, as the saying goes "there's plenty more fish".

Thats just my humble (albeit detailed) opinon - have fun all!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  >