Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 kittycatmeew
Msg: 46
Bad Diaper Rashes~~~Help!!Page 5 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I have to agree with Mally on the first page (and likley others) If it is yeast the best remedy is athletes foot cream. As long as it has 2% menzo-something or other your good to go. Adult yeast creams are way more exspensive and are not as concentrated. I was shocked when my GP recommended it for my wee girl, but cleared it up withen a day or too. Also I know this may sound odd, but it truly works! My Dr also suggested that prior to putting the cream onto your babies bottom blow dry it!.. I know, odd but true. Yeast harbors in moist places and no matter how much we wipe we are so nervous to hurt our little guys that we dont dry thier bums enough. So set your dryer to warm and low and gently dry the entire area and then add the foot cream. I used to have a blower tucked under the diaper table and it really does work! no more wipping sore bottoms, but they are all dry and happy (and giggly too) Its worth a try!

Good luck!
 WesternRose
Msg: 52
Bad Diaper Rashes~~~Help!!
Posted: 2/25/2008 3:48:25 PM
I can't remember the name of the cream but it was much stronger than the regular Penaten... my pediatrician was from the UK and gave us an over the counter cream that he use to order in special.

it was more than regular diaper rash , it was indeed a yeast infection and the rashness was bad. I will look for the name of the cream, but for now exposure to air is good, no diapers if possible, and keep it clean.

be well.
 WesternRose
Msg: 61
Bad Diaper Rashes~~~Help!!
Posted: 3/3/2008 9:46:24 PM
Found the name of the miracle cream that the Pediatricians reccommended.

Critic Aid made by Coloplast/Sween

it really does work...ask your doctor.
Show ALL Forums  > Single Parents  >