Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Do You Think That Holy Water Has An Extra Property?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 eagle woman
Msg: 26
Do You Think That Holy Water Has An Extra Property?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
sorry double post
 fitman2005
Msg: 27
Do You Think That Holy Water Has An Extra Property?
Posted: 2/8/2007 7:42:09 AM
I was at the beach, and I wanted to pick a crab up, the water kept flowing over the crab, and I didn't want to get my shoes wet. So I stepped forwards, and hoped that a wave would not wash over my feet. The water moved backwards as I stepped forwards. I was a bit surprised. So I stood there in the place that the water was reaching before I stepped forwards. I thought, move back more, and I stepped forwards again, and the water moved back further. I found that I could apparently move the water back more, and more. Then I went back to the beach, and the water went back to where it started from. Coincidence?

~can someone say 'Aquaman?'

I've had a similar experience only to discover it had something to do with the tide
 darc_night
Msg: 28
Posted: 8/14/2007 1:16:52 AM
Holy water has A LOT more bacteria in it that regular water, that's for sure. I've been to church before... I wonder how many people "wash their fingers" in that water. They they are expected to dab their forehead with it.
 Rob 25
Msg: 29
Posted: 8/14/2007 3:50:59 PM
I came across an article of scientific study a few months back on holy water. It was a study done in Russia. It claimed by saying a blessing/lords prayer over anytype of water will change some sort of properites in the structure of the water molecules.

They did it 3 times with 3 Groups. They used aethiests, christians and then priests/deacons, etc

The showed the water untouched in all the studies, and then the people said the prayesrs, and each time the water changed.
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 30
Posted: 8/14/2007 5:08:13 PM
I agree with post 25... when you look at Masaru Emoto's work... well it makes you wonder.. especially considering how much of our bodies are made up of water
 Stonestongue
Msg: 31
Posted: 8/14/2007 5:10:28 PM
Hey, it's the most powerful substance on Earth... I believe there is something rather mystical about water in general.

"When you hear the splash
Of the water drops that fall
Into your stone bowl,
You will feel that all the dust
Of your mind is washed away."

-- Zen Tea Master Sen-No-Rikyu

"Highest good is like water. Because water excels in benefiting the myriad creatures without contending with them and settles where none would like to be, it comes closest to the way. "

--Lao Tzu, Tao te Ching (D.C. Lau, translator)
 BeautifulNitemare
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 8/14/2007 6:12:07 PM
I don't think it matters who blesses it whether it be you or the pope. Every one has the power of intent. I am guessing the vibrations of the water would be raised. In my opinion every cell has a memory and if a persons intent is to fill that cell with love and blessings the cell will remember this. Like blessing food, if a person cooks with love, care, attention and focuses that love into the careful preperation of the food and vizualization of the cells of the food nourishing the person who eats it, the vibration of the food being cooked is raised and it tastes better. If food is just slopped together with no care or attention it doesn't satisfy as much. So the real power I believe it is not the water itself but the focus of love, care, peace that was directed into the water.
 Forums Browser
Msg: 33
Posted: 8/14/2007 8:21:21 PM
The only 'power' holy water has is how it makes people think it's special beyond any other water source.
 indianwomen68
Msg: 34
view profile
History
water
Posted: 8/15/2007 2:20:56 AM
That is a cathloic belive.But there is no such the as Holy water.
 timetravlr
Msg: 35
Posted: 8/15/2007 4:54:20 AM
I've heard that it will burn the skin of vampires and Muslim Fundamentalists
will burst into flame if doused wit it.

Holy water? Your kidding right. You do know that this is the 21st century.
 zentral
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 8/15/2007 9:52:04 AM
H2O-GOD!

Hmmm, no, don't recognize that chemical formula. It's all about symbolism, in my opinion, and perhaps the placebo effect if you really believe in it. Symbolism can be a wonderful thing, though.
 lc44906
Msg: 37
Posted: 8/15/2007 12:08:10 PM

VooDoo practice in Haiti, is incredibly powerful and while not seen as a religion

Not a religion according to whom? It certainly qualifies as a religion. It has a sacerdotal, a laity, many prescribed rites & rituals, Higher Spiritual Beings, special holidays and observances, offerings with protocols, prayers & teachings, etc.

That is a bonafide religion. Just because it may not look nor act like a mainstream religion does not give you nor anyone else the right to tell the believers of Vodu (Vodou, Voudoun, Vudu) that their religion is not a religion.

I suppose next you'll be stating that Taoism is not a religion or Hindusim is not a religion because it's not Xian, Jewish or Muslim??? That's arrogant.
 StarManta
Msg: 38
Posted: 8/15/2007 3:11:09 PM
Holy water is as special as bottled water.

That is, if you think bottled water tastes better, it will taste better to you (even though it's still just tap water).

If you think holy water is special, you will act like it is special, and that gives it its specialness. Even though it's jut tap water.
 dude/2
Msg: 39
Posted: 7/22/2008 2:49:14 PM
Eagle woman,,,sometime ago kids in a biology class up in Nova Scotia,...disscovered that scallop shells placed in a pollutted pond , cleaned up the water in the pond in no time.... The story is probably still in the internet somewhere...
 Guy Named Ray
Msg: 40
Posted: 7/22/2008 10:29:04 PM
IMO holy water is a spiritual placebo.
 Hagars
Msg: 41
Posted: 7/22/2008 11:37:57 PM

It doesn't matter to me who does it

what about a pedophile priest?

or a sheik promoting suicide bombing?
 hereshecomesagain
Msg: 42
Posted: 7/23/2008 6:40:55 AM
I forget his name, but a Japanese researched proved, through a great deal of study, that the properties of water can be greatly influenced by someone just holding it and thinking about it. How they think about it, changes the water. NOW, does that mean that a person meditating on healing, or holiness can impart those qualities to water? I don't know, but I believe so because I have personally seen anecdotal evidence that was quite convincing in real life.

Science itself has proved that nothing is solid, that all molecules move and that brain power alone can influence the movement of said molecules. So maybe someday someone will figure out how to walk through walls. I think children can. My brother used to complain about me doing that as a child. I don't remember that, specifically, though I do recall putting my hand through a coffee table and pulling it back out again to get something that was under it, with the whole room freaking out. I recall that I couldn't bring the thing I had grabbed through the table, only my hand.

So if even science is backing up the possibility of brain power, meditation, influencing molecular movement and the properties of it, and if so many people have seen miracles of healing and life changing just over a sprinkling of *holy water* I'm not gonna be the one to say that it's all garbage, I will, however, be the first one to duck and hide from it when a pastor of priest is sprinkling it, because if he is the one who influenced the water, all I know it, it's been a long time since I met someone in that position who didn't have a rather unholy agenda.
 Guy Named Ray
Msg: 43
Posted: 7/23/2008 7:42:46 AM
I forget his name, but a Japanese researched proved, through a great deal of study, that the properties of water can be greatly influenced by someone just holding it and thinking about it.
Maybe the results were greatly influenced by the researchers thinking about whether the properties of water could be influenced by someone just holding the water and thinking about it? Or maybe the two combined to influence both the study and the water? Or maybe the scientific instruments used to test the water changed the water through molecular exchange of chemical, physical and/or electrical properties? Then again there is the old stand-by ---- my deity did it.
 chelloveck
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 7:52:23 AM
Undoubtedly, Holy Water can have an extra property!!

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6WJP-4C834KB-6&_user=10&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=34a6d67eaae649e9715c50819dae7f15

Abstract
A case of hospital-acquired infection due to Acinetobacter baumanii in a burns patient after exposure to holy water is described. In order to assess the infection risk, 13 samples of holy water were cultured for bacteria, (including legionellae) and yeasts. Viable bacterial counts ranged from 1·3 × 103–3·8 × 108 cfu/L (mean 3·1 × 107 cfu/L). A wide range of bacterial species was isolated including Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Enterobacter spp. Escherichia coli and Aeromonas hydrophila. Candida spp. were isolated from two samples, but legionellae from none. Holy water would, therefore, seem to be a potential risk factor for hospital-acquired infection.

Author Keywords: Holy water; nosocomial infection

I'd be boiling the bejeebus out of it, before having it sprinkled anywhere near me, though I dare say iodine or bleach would probably work too
 taurus516
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 11:41:21 AM
One thing that's always puzzled me is how they use it in all of those exorcism movies. I mean, you see a priest sprinkle it on the possessed and the demoniac writhes in agony with blisters forming where the holy water hit.

If it's so powerful a weapon, why do they always use it in those tiny vials? Why not have the priest bless a fire tanker truck and use a fire hose? At least load up a SuperSoaker 2000 and start blasting!
 sassyaquarius
Msg: 46
Posted: 7/23/2008 1:53:46 PM

I forget his name, but a Japanese researched proved, through a great deal of study, that the properties of water can be greatly influenced by someone just holding it and thinking about it. How they think about it, changes the water.
It is Dr Masaru Emoto as was mentioned previously in this thread..

From Mr. Emoto's work we are provided with factual evidence, that human vibrational energy, thoughts, words, ideas and music, affect the molecular structure of water, the very same water that comprises over seventy percent of a mature human body and covers the same amount of our planet. Water is the very source of all life on this planet, the quality and integrity are vitally important to all forms of life. The body is very much like a sponge and is composed of trillions of chambers called cells that hold liquid. The quality of our life is directly connected to the quality of our water.

Water is a very malleable substance. Its physical shape easily adapts to whatever environment is present. But its physical appearance is not the only thing that changes, the molecular shape also changes. The energy or vibrations of the environment will change the molecular shape of water. In this sense water not only has the ability to visually reflect the environment but it also molecularly reflects the environment.

And here is a clip from What the Bleep do we know:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccCsSXuMlLY
 clarence clutterbuck
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 2:15:32 PM
One thing that's always puzzled me is how they use it in all of those exorcism movies. I mean, you see a priest sprinkle it on the possessed and the demoniac writhes in agony with blisters forming where the holy water hit.

If it's so powerful a weapon, why do they always use it in those tiny vials? Why not have the priest bless a fire tanker truck and use a fire hose? At least load up a SuperSoaker 2000 and start blasting!

My guess on this one is that a single priest would have a limited blessing capacity, otherwise he could wave his hand over an ocean and bless the worlds whole oceanic contents at a stroke. The water vapour that then evaporated from the oceans and condensed into rainclouds would fill the Earth's reservoirs with the holy stuff so there'd be no way anyone could get away from it. (I'm assuming here that the property of holiness is not lost in the distillation process). This would mean that folks unlucky enough to be possessed by demons in tacky exorcism movies wouldn't be able to shower or have a drink 'cause any contact whatsoever with water would burn their exteriors or throats. So the question is, how much water can a priest effectively bless in one go without it losing a degree of potency?
 SweetLeighofArkansas
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 2:26:33 PM
Hi all,

Have any of you heard of Emoto? Type in the search Emoto-Water.

Also, there was a doctor who was a POW who healed other prisoners with water. Water was all he had to help them with.

Email me for more information on both.

Leigh
 greg8001
Msg: 49
Posted: 7/23/2008 7:30:43 PM
I don't think blessing water gives it magical properties which fundamentally alter its physical nature in such a way scientists can detect. Unblessed water is H20, as is blessed water.

What blessing water does do, at least in the prayers I've seen in the Catholic church, is to make the water holy. I think the concept of holiness is more useful. To pray for the water to be made holy is to pray for God's spiritual prescence (the Holy Spirit) to enter the water and fill it with God's holiness. After the water is consecrated, it is used for sacramental purposes, such as baptism or blessing.

There is a danger of spiritual abuse (superstition) when people begin to only see a sacred or holy thing as something for their own selfish use, rather than something filled with the prescence of the divine. The entire world and everything in it is already holy, since it is an expression and reflection of the divine. Sacramental or prayerful blessings of water and other objects simply help us to remember this fact, and make us feel reverent and grateful towards the world in which we are gifted to exist in and be a part of.
 TheLimey
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 7/23/2008 8:01:13 PM
Only in Vampire movies.....
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Do You Think That Holy Water Has An Extra Property?